Chapter 5

Bad meet Good
After dinner, all of them go back to their house while Karina decides to go hospital before reach home. She goes to meet the doctor who’s in charge to take care her aniki. She asks, “Sakurai-sensei, is there any improvement about my aniki?”

“We still unsure about it. If there’s anything, we will tell you. You already tell your guardian about it?” ask Sakurai.

“We live alone. Our relative doesn’t to take care of us.” Say Karina.

“How about people from Mamoru’s house?” ask Sakurai.

“They are my ‘another family’. I don’ want them to know about it. If they know, they will make sure mad and pay to who make aniki like this.” Say Karina.

“You know who make Tomo become like this?” ask Sakurai.

“I see it by my own eyes. Even I want to punish them, the law still protects them. So, I need to come out with better plan for it.” Say Karina.

**************************************

On school days, Rin goes to school like usual and take her seat. It seems Chinen already become popular with the students. His performance at school better than anyone else even he’s still new at the school. Everyone likes to be with him but there’s someone who can’t accept him.

“Ryo-kun, why you seem doesn’t like him?” ask Rin.

“He just devil behind angel’s face.” Say Ryosuke as he flips over magazine that he just bought.

“Hey, you can’t read magazine at school.” Say Rin.

“Shut up your mouth.” Say Ryosuke.

“Rin-san, do you know where is Karina-san?” ask Naomi.

“She’s not here. She already didn’t come to school for a week. We can’t contact her. Why you want to meet her?” ask Rin.

“It’s nothing important. I just want to deliver something to her but she’s not here.” Say Naomi.

“I can give to her.” Say Rin.

“It’s okay. I can give her other time.” Say Naomi before leave the class.

“Weird. Why Naomi-senpai comes to this class?” ask Rin to herself.

“Rin, you want to join me and others to go karaoke after school?” ask Chinen.

“After school, I already plan to hang out with my friend after school.” Say Rin.

“Your friend? I’m sure Matsua-san will go out for date with my aniki and Hakushika-san not here today.” Say Chinen.

“I’m going out with Ryo-kun. He already agree to help me to find something that I need.” Say Rin.

“Why you always with that boy?” ask Chinen.

“Nothing special about him but I feel safe with him.” Say Rin before leave him. Rin doesn’t realize that Chinen grad his fist when he hear Rin’s words.

*****************************

“We will do our plan tomorrow.” Say someone through his phone.

“Yes, young master.” Say the other one.

“Good. Now, I can feel my victory.” Say the person who been call as young master.

******************************

“Arigatou, Ryo-kun. You really help me. I always want to go that shop but I afraid if I buy things too much and can’t bring it back.” Say Rin.

“It’s okay. I think this is my training.” Say Ryosuke.

Both of them walk together and suddenly, Rin notice something. She says, “Karina-chan, what are you doing here? With that clothes.”

“Rin-chan, what are you doing here?” ask Karina who really surprise to see both of them.

*********************************

“Why you didn’t tell me about your work?” ask Rin. Ryosuke just stand not far from them and try to not disturb the girls’ talk.

“I don’t want to make you worry about me.” Say Karina.

“You wear this. You must be cold right now.” Say Rin as she gives coat to Karina but she refuses it.

“It’s okay. I already use to it.” Say Karina.

“Karina-chan, why we can’t contact with you this whole week?” ask Rin.

“I just want some time to collect money. I really need money right now.” Say Karina.

“You need money by doing this job? Wear skimpy clothes and give samples to people?” ask Rin.

“I don’t have choice about it. It’s the only work that I can do without even people notice the real me.” Say Karina.

“You must have other reason why you do this work.” Say Rin.

“I just want simple way to get money. You just make sure nothing happen to you as right now, I can’t do anything to help you.” Say Karina.

“Why say like that?” ask Rin.

“I will never tell you about it but I’m sure he knows about it.” Say Karina as she looks at Ryosuke. Rin doesn’t understand about it but she begins thinks that Ryosuke and Karina have same way of thinking.

*******************************

One day, Rin gets invitation to go to school as someone want to meet her when she still with her friend. She has to lie to her friends as she doesn’t anyone harm them. She says, “I have to go now.”

“You want me to send you?” ask Ryosuke.

“It’s okay. I already call my driver to fetch me. Jane.” Say Rin as she quickly head out from karaoke room. She goes to school and it seem someone already wait for her.

“You’re here… alone. Are you sure no one follow you?” ask that person.

“No one follow me… Chi-kun.” Say Rin.

“Good.” Say Chinen as he tries to get near to Rin.

“What you want to talk, Chi-kun?” ask Rin as she begin feel uneasy with Chinen.

“I just want to be alone with you. You always with your friends and I never get chance to get near you. What is good to close to person like Yamada and Hakushika? I understand why you close to Matsua-san but you just ruin your image to be with the other person.” Say Chinen.

“They are my friends and I don’t even care about it. I believe everyone can be friend with who they want.” Say Rin.

“If you say like that, I will tell you something. Something bad will happen to one of them if you didn’t hear my words. Both of them will only ruin your future.” Say Chinen.

“I be friend with who I want.” Say Rin.

“You think you can be safe if you still be friend with Yamada who has a lot of enemies and Hakushika who has connection with yakuza? At least, if you hear my words; leave them, you can feel safe all time if you’re not with them.” Say Chinen.

Rin really surprise to hear Chinen’s words. She run to head out from school and go to a park. She cries at there to avoid anyone notice she’s crying. After several minutes, someone greet her, “Rin, what are you doing here?”

Rin really surprise to see Ryosuke and quickly wipe her tears. Ryosuke notice it, “Why you’re crying just now?”

“I’m not crying. Why you at here, Ryo-kun?” ask Rin.

“I always walk around here at night.” Say Ryosuke. Rin runs to Ryosuke and cry in his arms. Ryosuke really surprise with it but he just let it.

*************************************

“Ryo-kun, I want to go Karina’s place for awhile.” Say Rin.

“But it’s already late.” Say Ryosuke.

“It’s okay. Tomorrow’s weekend.” Say Rin.

Ryosuke just agree with it. Both of them go to Karina’s house as Rin want to ask something to her. When reach at the house, it seem Karina not at home but when they want to leave that place, they see Karina run to get into house and Rin notive she has bleeding wound.

“Karina-chan, what happen to you?” ask Rin. They get into house and Rin helps Karina to treat her wound.

“Itai, Rin-chan. Can you be more gentle while does it?” ask Karina.

“I have no other way to be gentle. So, can you tell me why you back home with these injuries?” ask Rin as she keep things into first aid box.

“I don’t why but when I on way to go back home after work, a group of guy in mask comes and beat me. They begin take advantage as I’m tired and have no energy to fight them back. They just loser who beat someone like me.” Say Karina.

“I heard from someone that you have connection with yakuza. Is that right?” ask Rin.

“Where you heard about it?” ask Karina as she really surprise with it.

“Karina-chan, I want to hear the truth from your mouth. Is that true you have connection with yakuza?” ask Rin and Karina know she serious to know about it.

“Yes, my uncle is yakuza leader for Mamoru clan. I’m sure you already hear about Mamoru.” Say Karina.

“Why you never tell me about it?” ask Rin.

“I don’t want you to get involve with it. It’s enough you know me as a delinquent student. What you think about my parent’s death?” say Karina.

“They died in accident, right?” guess Rin.

“Yeah, you’re right but someone plan it like my parent dies in accident. They modified my parent’s car and they lost control at mountain. They use advantage that my dad likes to drive in high speed. After that accident, my uncle who I call as oyaji, begin train me as I can defense myself. Is true that I have connection with yakuza but I don’t involve with their business.” Say Karina.

“It’s good to hear that.” Say Rin.

“It’s already late and you can stay at here. Make sure you tell your parent about it.” Say Karina.

“Okay.” Say Rin as she takes out her phone to tell her parent that she stays at Karina’s house that night.

Ryosuke stays at there until Rin falls asleep. After that, he want to go back home and Karina send him until outside the house. Ryosuke ask, “You already know about ‘devil behind angel’s face’?”

“Of course, I already know about him. All about him.” Say Karina.

“You already know everything about him?” ask Ryosuke.

“Yes, but I will tell you about it later. It’s for Rin-chan’s safety.” Say Karina. Ryosuke just go back to his house and lay on his bed. He tries to think about why Rin’s crying until he falls asleep.