CHAPTER FIVE.

Heart Aches When You Fall In Love With A Beauty [Hiatus. TT_TT]

 

Eli and Dani arrived in front of the Lee’s residence.

                “See you tomorrow, Babe.” said Eli.

                “Okay, dear. Thanks for today! I reaaally had so much fun!” said Dani.

                “Glad you loved it! Okay, you better go in now. It’s already nighttime.”

                “Okay. Have a safe drive home!”

                “Sure thing. I love you.”

                “I love you too!” said Dani.

Eli watched Dani as she went in. He started to drive his way home with a smile on his face.

                “Well, that went nice, like it was a piece of heaven even for a few seconds.” said Eli, talking to himself. 

                “I can feel Dani’s really the girl for me, the girl of my dreams.” said Eli.

Meanwhile, in the Lee’s residence…

                “So, how was it?” asked Seunggi.

                “Yah, Oppa! How dare you trick me?” said Dani.

                “It wasn’t me! Eli asked me to. Well, I guess you’re kind of surprised, are you?”

                “TOTALLY. I had no idea. Well, it was a very nice day, though.”

                “So tell me what happened.” said Seunggi.

                “I cannot! Muhahaha. It’s a top secret! Bimiliyeyo~” teased Dani.

                “So it’s like that now? You already hide secrets from your Oppa?”

                “Not really. I just want to cherish the moments that happened a while ago first before telling anyone.”

                “Alright, alright. Better wash up now. You still have school tomorrow.” said Seunggi.

                “Yes, Oppa~” said Dani.

After washing up, Dani sat on her bed and thought things out.

                “Waaaah. That was so…ugh! I can’t explain!” said Dani, while in a trance, touching her lips.

Basically, it was almost midnight. She can’t easily sleep because of the happiness she is currently feeling. Several minutes later and without knowing it, she fell asleep.

The next day at school…

                “Hey Xander!” said Yoona, in the classroom as she saw Xander entering the room.

                “Oh, hey! How’s the weekend?” asked Xander.

                “Quite fine. Still bothered with some school tasks though. You?”

                “Not much. I already did those last week so I pretty much rested the whole weekend. Haha.”

                “Fine, fine. You’re the smart guy, alright.”

                “Naaah. I just want to rest, that’s why I did them early. Anyway, you saw Kevin around?”

                “Nope. He didn’t arrive yet.”

                “I see.” said Xander.

Xander goes to his seat and fixes his things to get ready for class. He sees Eli in a trance, smiling.

                “What’s with him?” asked Xander.

                “No idea. He’s been like that since early morning.” said Yoona.

Suddenly Dani enters the room. Eli sees her and he suddenly stood up.

                “Hey baby!” said Eli as he approached Dani, putting his arms around her shoulder.

                “Hah. What a great week to start off. Haha. Don’t you think so?” said Dani with a smirk on her face.

                “Oh yeah. What a very, very, very nice week to start. Hahaha.” said Eli.

Suddenly the teacher arrives and everyone settled on their seats.

                “Hey. What’s going on?” asked Suzy.

                “About what?” asked Dani.

                “You and Eli? You’re unusually sweet today. I know you do sweet stuff all the time but I can feel there’s something different in your aura today. So tell me about it.”

 

                “Ahh. That. Well, honestly if I tell you know, the teacher may get our attention and even ask what we’re talking about. I’ll just reserve that for recess, okay?”

                “But what about Eli? Don’t you eat with him?"

                “I eat with him at lunch. During recess, we go our separate ways if we need to do something or feel the need to hang out with some other people. Didn’t you notice? We do that every time, to retain spaces.”

                “Ah. I see. That’s nice. Okay, recess, then!” said Suzy.

During recess…

                “You going down to eat?” asked Dani.

                “Yep. Let’s go together, so you can tell me what happened.” said Suzy.

                “Alright, alright. Let’s go!”

While on their way to the canteen..

                “So what now?” asked Suzy.

                “Yesterday was our 3rd month, right?” said Dani.

                “Yes, yes, and then?”

                “He wasn’t calling me until afternoon, then Oppa said he’ll take me somewhere fun.”

                “Wait, we’re talking about Eli, right? What’s with Seunggi-oppa?”

                “Yes, yes. Let me finish! I was surprised too. Haha.” said Dani.

                “Alright, then?” asked Suzy

                “Oppa asked me to wear something nice and he put on a blindfold on my eyes, then he put me inside a car.”

                “Then?”

                “The car started moving and little did I know Eli was the one driving.”

                “Awww! How sweet! Where did you go, though?”

                “We went skating and a romantic dinner. That’s all.”

                “Are you sure that’s all?”

                “Uhh…”

                “I know there’s something else.”

                “W-w-what?”

                “You kissed, don’t you? Your first ever kiss? You gave it to Eli?” asked Suzy, suspicious.

Dani was turning red, hearing Suzy’s inference.

                “Hah! I knew it. So, how was it?”

                “Fine, fine. It was okay, I guess. I can’t explain!” said Dani, flustered.

                “I bet it was heavenly. Mhmm?”

                “You have to experience it. I can’t describe it to you. Muhahaha.”

                “HOW DO I? I don’t even have a boyfriend. No one in this school likes me.”

                “Oh, who knows? They’re waiting for Valentine’s Day.”

                “Yeah, whatever. Just buy what you want to buy here.” said Suzy, insulted.

Meanwhile, in the classroom…

                “Dude, Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. Any plans?” asked Kevin.

                “How could I? My plan was ruined 3 months ago.” said Alexander, bitterly.

                “Then ask somebody else!” suggested Kevin.

                “Who? There’s no girl flustering all over me these days…”

                “Are you sure about that?”

                “Uhh, yeah?”

                “Look around you, you may see this one girl looking just at you.”

                “And who would that be?” asked Xander.

                “Can’t you see? I can’t believe you’re that numb.”

                “What? I don’t see anyone giving interest.”

                “LOL Dude. I may be talking about one girl, but even the raging girls in this school, can’t you see them all crazy about you? I can see you’re still focused on Dani.”

                “Well, you can’t blame me, dude. You know the whole story and you also know how long I have loved Dani.”

                “Fine, fine. But you can ask somebody else for Valentine’s, so you won’t feel left out.”

                “Well, we’ll see about that.” said Xander.

School ended fast. As Yoona reached home…

                “Oh, you’re here.” said Yoona.

                “Yeah. I had graveyard shift last night, so I wasn’t able to go home.” said Yoona’s older sister, Eun Bi.

                “I see. Isn’t it cold there, working in an ice skating rink in an amusement park?”

                “Yes. It was, but I’m used to it.”

                “Great.”

                “Oh, by the way. I have something to show you.”

                “What would it be?”

                “A photo. A very interesting photo.”

                “Of…”

                “Your “bestfriend” and her boyfriend, I suppose.” said Eun Bi, sarcastically.

                “By “bestfriend” you mean, Dani? and her boyfriend, Eli?”

                “Exactly.”

                “What about them?”

                “Well, I guess this photo will explain it all. I don’t need to explain further.” said Eun Bi, as she handed Yoona a photograph.

                “Whooooa. How did you get this?” said Yoona, amused.

                “I took it personally. I know you’ll going to need it.”

                “Oh, I see. Thanks!”

Yoona went to her room, holding the photograph.

                “Hah! All I have to do now is show this to Xander, and since Valentine’s Day is coming up, he’ll feel desperate and go find a girl. It’ll be me. Muhahaha.” said Yoona, talking to herself.

Yoona place the photo in her diary for safekeeping.

The next day, Yoona reached school early, on purpose. She went inside their classroom, and nobody was there yet. She went to Xander’s locker and inserted an envelope. Perhaps, the envelop contains that photo Eun Bi gave to her, that suspicious photo of Eli and Dani…

                “This will do the trick! Alexander Lee Eusebio, you’ll be mine for Valentine’s Day.” said Yoona, wearing a smirk.

Yoona settled in her seat, as her other classmates were bulging in. Several minutes later, Kevin and Xander went in together. Seeing this, Yoona went to the restroom.

                “Have you thought of it?” asked Kevin.

                “Of what?” asked Xander.

                “Of asking a girl! Gosh. It’s Valentine’s Day tomorrow and you, Alexander Eusebio, don’t even have a Valentine? What happened to this world and that’s even possible?”

                “Yeah, yeah. Whatever. It’s possible. Like I’m perfect to always have a Valentine every year.”

Kevin and Xander went to their lockers to get things needed for the next class.

                “Come on, you can ask any girl you want and no doubt, they’ll say yes. Why, you’re Alexander Lee Eusebio! Who can deny your charm?”

                “Hey. That’s too much flattering. I’ll think about it. And besides, are you sure about what you’re saying? What if I asked Dani, do you think she’ll say yes? What about Eli? It’s free to think. Try it sometimes.” said Xander, annoyed at Kevin for forcing her to get a girl.

                “I said other girl! Besides Dani, of course.”

                “And who would th—“ Xander paused as he opened his locker and found an envelope. He opened it with curiosity. It was a photo.

                “What’s that?” asked Kevin, curious.

                “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD?!” yelled Xander, angrily.

Kevin snatched the photo from Xander.

                “Whoa. Somebody dared to put this in your locker, eh?” said Kevin, as he saw the photo, which was revealed to show Eli and Dani, kissing.

Alexander slammed the door of his locker and went outside the room. He was about to go to the restroom. Yoona saw him with his head down, heading for the restroom. Yoona ran to him.

                “Xander!” yelled Yoona. No response from Xander.

Yoona approached to Xander and put his head up. She saw an about-to-cry Xander.

                “Oh my gosh. What happened?” asked Yoona.

Xander stared at Yoona for a few seconds, and broke down in tears.

                “I can accept that Eli is taking care of my Dani, but how dare these other people add salt to my wound. How could they? It just doesn’t make sense. I’m trying so hard to hide this pain I’m feeling seeing Eli and Dani together and then—“ was all Xander was able to say until he broke down into heavier tears.

Yoona wasn’t able to speak. All she could do was hug Xander. Xander was shocked, but he was too sad to show a reaction about being shocked to what Yoona just did. Xander hugged Yoona back, as a sign of thanks for comforting her. Yoona was carrying a smirk as she was hugging Xander.

The bell rang, and Yoona breaks from their hug and looks at Xander.

                “Look, it’s okay. You’ve suffered enough. Don’t you think it’s about time for you to be happy, too? Why don’t you get a girl, yourself, for you to show them that you’re not hurt.” said Yoona, as she wiped Xander’s tears with her handkerchief.

                “Thank you, Yoona. Maybe I should. Maybe I really should.” said Xander.

They went back to the room and saw Dani was already there. Xander ran to Kevin.

                “Dude! Where’s the photo? Dani might see it.” said Xander.

                “Don’t worry, I placed it somewhere safe.” said Kevin.

Xander and Yoona settled in their seat as the teacher came in. The teacher was checking the attendance as someone opened the door and came in.

                “Good morning, Ma’am. Sorry I am a bit late.” said a voice from near the door, who was identified to be Eli.

                “No, you’re just in time. Take your seat.” said the teacher.

                “Ma’am, may I leave the room? I just want to go to the restroom for a few minutes.” asked Xander.

                “Okay, sure. Here’s a hall pass.” said the teacher.

As Xander stood, Kevin tried to follow him but Yoona stopped her.

                “Let him be alone for a while. He’s just expressing his sentiments.” said Yoona, calming Kevin down.

                “Fine, fine. Hey, about that. I just want to tell you that I’m helping you a bit to make Xander realize about you. It doesn’t mean I want you for him, I just want to make my best friend happy…for a while.”

                “Deal!” said Yoona.

                “Well, just a little step from you, send out some tiny signals to him, as he may not realize that the girl I was talking about was you.”

                “That’s fine with me.” said Yoona.

School was over fast, and Kevin went home early. Yoona and Xander were sitting on the bench where they always wait during dismissal time.

                “So, not going home yet?” Xander broke the silence.

                “Not yet, I guess. I think I’ll let you go home first.” said Yoona.

                “LOL. Okay. By the way, anyone asked you out for tomorrow?”

                “Tomorrow? What for?”

                “Valentine’s Day! You don’t know?”

                “Oh, yeah. Valentine’s. Sometimes I don’t care about it. What’s the sense, no boy asks me out.”

                “I see, so you don’t have any plans?” asked Xander.

                “Uhm, well…”

                “Yes..?”

                “This may sound desperate but can you be my—“

Alexander’s phone rings. It was Mr. Eusebio, ready to pick him up.

                “Oops, have to go. See you tomorrow!” said Xander as he stood up and walked towards the gate, waving at Yoona.

                “Okay, bye! Be safe on the way home.” said Yoona, waving back.

                “Aish! It was already my momentum of asking him. Argh! Such wrong timing.” said Yoona, talking to herself.


A/N : Fifth Chapter! Sorry if I took long before updating. I was in a bit of writers' block. XD. I introduced a new character again. Well, hope you like it! Comments are highly appreciated. XD