CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Heart Aches When You Fall In Love With A Beauty [Hiatus. TT_TT]

“Kevin, the pictures are printed!” said Xander to Kevin on the phone.

                “That’s great! The pages are almost ready. You better be working on the messages now.”

                “Yes Sir! Okay, gotta go. I’ll write the messages now.”

                “Okay, bye. See you tomorrow!”

                Xander was in his room, in front of his laptop, looking at his blank laptop screen, thinking of what to say to Dani.

                “Hi Dani, well, this might be weird but—“

                “No, too straightforward.”          

                “I have never thought about why we—“

                “No, too cheesy. Ugh, what to write, what to write.”

                Someone was knocking on Xander’s door. It was Vica.

                “Hey sweetie. What are you doing?”

                “I’m working on a project.”

                “Project, huh?” Vica looks at the screen.

                “Then why do I see Dani’s name right there?” asks Vica.

                “Well, uh…”

                “Yah. I thought you are going out with Yoona? What is the meaning of this?”

                Xander stood up to calm down his sister.

                “Calm down, my beloved noona. This is how I want to get over unrequited love.”

                “Oh, I see. What are you planning to do?”

                “I’m planning to tell Dani everything. Don’t worry, I asked for Eli’s permission.”

                “Uh-huh. And how about Yoona’s permission?”

                “Well, I’m not sure how she’ll react so I decided to keep it from her for now.”

                “Are you sure about this?”

                “Yes. I want to graduate from high school without leaving any words unsaid, and besides, I want to have a clean slate, so I would have no problem dealing with my unrequited love in the future.”

                “Oh, well, I see your point. You better get this straight with Yoona, though.”

                “Will do. Thanks Sis.”

                “Okay, will get to some things now.”

                Vica left Xander’s room. Xander went back to his laptop.

                “Well, let’s see. What do I really want to say to Dani? Maybe I should make a list.”

                Xander got a paper and a pencil. He jotted down every concept he wanted to convey to Dani.

                Letting her know of his love for her.

                Letting her know that he regretted not being man enough to approach her.

                Letting her know that he wishes for her happiness with his bestfriend.

                Letting her know that he’ll be happy without her as his girlfriend.

                Letting her know that he wants to stay friends with her.

                “Okay, I got it.”

                Xander wrote down his message for Dani.

                He consumed about 2 pages writing everything down. He was so immersed in letting his feelings onto the letter that he did not notice a tear escape his eye.

                “That’ll do it. Woah. Didn’t expect that I’ll be this emotional while writing this. I must have been really serious about her.” said Xander as he sniffed.

                After that, he looked at each of the photos he got printed, and again, wrote down the moments associated with each photo.

                He finished everything that night. He went to bed, but he could not sleep. He kept wondering.

                “I must have matured a lot ever since. I didn’t realize I would be this emotional. I didn’t know I was this serious.”

                He felt proud about himself that he was mature and serious enough about a girl he liked, compared to most of the boys his age.

                “Well, I hope everything works according to plan.”

                The next day, he put everything he prepared the last night into his bag and went to school

                At school, Kevin was waiting at his desk in their classroom.

                “Yo, Xander! Is everything ready?”

                “Yep! Good to go! Shall we start?”

                “Wait, are you sure? Right here? Where everyone could see?”

                “Well, then where?”

                “Later, recess. I know a secret hideout.”              

                “How childish. Haha. But okay then.”

                Eli and Dani went inside the classroom together. Eli caught Xander looking at him.

                “Hey Xander.” said Eli.

                “Oh, hi! Thanks again for yesterday.”

                “No prob. Anything for you, and anything I can.”

                Dani overheard their conversation, and started wondering.

                During recess, Dani asked Eli.

                “Babe, what was Xander thanking you for?”

                “Oh, uh, uh, nothing. It’s just that… I lent him some notes for next week’s test. Yeah, that’s it.”

                “Ohh…kay?”

                Still, Dani was suspicious.

                Meanwhile, Xander and Kevin went into the “hideout.”

                “So this is your hideout?”

                “Well, yes! What do you think?”

                “A bit crumpy, but it’s good enough.”

                “Okay. So let’s begin. Let me see the photos.”

                Xander was a bit hesitant to show the photos.

                “Come on, give it here. Nothing to be shy about with your best friend, am I right?”

                Xander gave the photos.

                “How cheesy. Haha.”    

                “I know, I know. It’s cheesy enough. Stop teasing.”

                “Okay, okay. By the way, here are the pages. What do you think?”

                “Wooooah. Perfect! You really know me. You know my style.”

                “That’s what friends are for, buddy.”

                “Why don’t I have your artistic talent?”

                “It’s just not unleashed yet, maybe.”

                They worked on the scrapbook and finished it within the break time.

                “Wow. Looks amazing.” said Xander.

                “Now, is this presentable to Dani or what?”

                “Well, I guess it is. It’s really pretty. Thanks, Kev.”

                “No problemo. I hope things will work for you, bro.”

                “I hope so too.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE!!

Hello guys! It's been a long time! I'm so sorry for the delay of the update, and how this story is going. It's a bit crappy now, I know, but this fanfic embodies the love I want to get over, so more or less, it reflects my personal life, and in case you, too, find it crappy, forgive me, I just want to end this as soon as possible for the aforementioned reason. Hope you understand.

Don't worry! In case you still believe in my writing abilities, I would still write, and I promise that it would be improving as I write more. But since my schedule also does not permit a lot of free time, in case I would be writing, it would be more of oneshots, so I will appreciate it if you will support them.

Again, thank you for supporting and subscribing to my first chaptered fic ever. :)