CHAPTER ONE.

Heart Aches When You Fall In Love With A Beauty [Hiatus. TT_TT]

 

Alexander was browsing the web, specifically, Facebook. He was roaming around his friends’ walls and also the Live Feed. Suddenly, a post saying “Dani Lee is in a relationship with Eli Kim” put an end to his smiling face.

“OH. MY. GOSH. She is in a relationship? With Eli? But I thought…I thought…she…likes me. I guess not. And of all people, why Eli, why one of my best friends, why?” said Alexander disappointedly.

“Oh come on. What even made you think she likes you? Such a foolish guy trying to satisfy his fantasy.” he told himself. “You observed her, and you just felt like she likes you? Oh come on, Alexander Eusebio. You’re such a feeler.” He added.

“Xander, Vica, dinner’s ready!” Mr. Eusebio called out.“Coming!” Victoria yelled ecstatically. Nothing was heard from Alexander.

Mr. Eusebio and Victoria were already seated in their dining area.

“Hmm, it’s looks so delicious, Daddy!” Victoria exclaimed.

      “Thanks, Sweetheart. By the way, where’s your baby brother?” Mr. Eusebio asked.

      “Wait, let me check on him.” Victoria stood up to get his brother.

      “No need. I’m here.” A sad voice came from a guy standing behind Victoria’s seat, who was identified to be Alexander.

      “Aww, my poor brother! What seems to be the problem, dearest?” Victoria asked worriedly.

      “Stop treating me like a kid, and I don’t have a problem!” He seemed pissed.

      “Alexander, I know there’s something bothering you. Now, how about sharing it with your father?” Mr. Eusebio was bothered by his son’s sad voice.

      “Oh, alright! Well, remember Dani? The girl I was talking about a few months now?” Alexander gave in.

       “Yes, yes. Why? What about her?” asked Mr. Eusebio and Victoria with curiosity.

       “Well, she just updated her relationship status in Facebook. She’s in a relationship with Eli.” Alexander sighed.

       “Eli? You mean, Elison? Elison Kim? He’s one of your best friends, right? How could he?” Victoria flared.

       “Yes, Eli. Elison Kim. Well, you can’t blame him. He doesn’t have an idea about this. I was only given a chance to tell this to Kevin.” Alexander can’t get any more regretful.

 

       “Well, I guess there’s nothing you can do. Eli doesn’t know, so he thought it was okay, and Dani, well, she’s a gorgeous girl. You can’t blame her, no boy can deny her beauty.” Victoria explained.

                There was silence arousing the dining area.

       “HAH! Enough with this drama. The food looks scrumptious. Let’s eat! I have to eat a lot. Hahahaha.” Alexander broke the silence with a forced smile, which surprised Victoria and Mr. Eusebio.

       “Yes, I think we should eat. The food’s getting cold.” said Mr. Eusebio to lightened up the mood.

After quite a while, they finished their dinner. Alexander washed up and did his evening routines and got back to his laptop. He saw a new message in Yahoo! Messenger. It was from Kevin.

                kevinwoo91: Dude, you saw Eli’s Relationship Status? With Dani? I first thought of you when I saw it.”

                alexander_0729 : Yeah. Quite heartbreaking.

                kevinwoo91 : Aww. I should’ve warned Eli. >.<

                alexander_0729 : Don’t worry too much, Bro. It’s part of life. You expect, you get disappointed.

                 kevinwoo91 : Dude, remember, they’re still not married. We’re still young, who knows? They might break up and she might get back to you. :>

                alexander_0729 : Nice optimism, Kev. Thanks for brightening my mood up. Well, I’m kind of sleepy, let’s just blab more tomorrow. Is that okay?

                kevinwoo91 : That’s fine. See you tomorrow. Sweet Dreams! ^_^

                The next day…

                “You sure you’re alright, son?” Mr. Eusebio worried as he dropped Alexander off to school.

                “Yeah Daddy. Don’t worry. Your son can handle it.” Alexander assured his father.

                As Alexander approached the gate of the school with a sigh…

                “Boo!” said a bubbly voice.

                Shocked Alexander turned around to see who was responsible for this.

                “Oh Dude! It was you. You shocked me for a second there.” said Alexander.

                “Oh really? You don’t sound shocked.” replied the person responsible, who was known to be Kevin.

                “Well, anyway, let’s hurry to class. We’re almost late.” suggested Alexander.

                “Yeah, I think so too. First to get to the classroom treats lunch?” bets Kevin.

                “Deal!” said Alexander as he ran to the classroom.

                They reached the classroom. Good thing their teacher didn’t arrive yet.

                “Hey, that lunch better be good.” said Alexander who arrived the classroom first.

                “Fine, fine. You win.” said Kevin.

                At lunch…

                “Thanks for the lunch, Bro.” said Alexander as he had his first spoonful of food.

                “You’re welcome. By the way, how are you going to deal with the current situation with, you know, Dani?” Kevin curiously asked.

                “I don’t know. I’ll just, uhm, maybe see for some days or so…” Alexander unsurely answered.

                “You’re not going t—“ Kevin paused for a moment.

                “What?” Alexander wondered why Kevin paused.

                “Sshh Dude! They just passed behind you.” Kevin warned.

                “Ohhhhh.” Alexander said bitterly.

                “Look, look! Look at how they treat each other!” said Kevin asking Alexander to do so.

                “Nah, I don’t want to get hurt.” said Alexander, still with bitterness.

“Sorry Dude. They just appear so intriguing to me.” Kevin still looks at them with curiosity.

 

“What’ll you have, dear?” asked Eli to Dani.

“Hmm, let me see…I’ll just have the spaghetti.” said Dani.

“Okay dear. May I have 2 orders of spaghetti, please?” ordered Eli.

 

“So now he’s paying Dani’s lunch? Just, wow.” Said Kevin, still intrigued.

“I lost my appetite. Let’s go back to the classroom, Kev.” bitter Alexander said as he stood up, ready to go.

“Bro, wait up!” Kevin said, as he ran to catch up to Alexander’s pace.

Alexander felt jealous at the same time bitter towards the new couple. He can’t stand those two displaying affection to the public. He just went upstairs as fast as he can to prevent any worse scenario that may occur.

When Kevin reached the classroom, he saw Alexander, sitting in the corner of the room. He approached him, to comfort him.

“Don’t worry about it too much, Bro. Your charisma is disappearing. Keke.” Kevin tried to cheer Alexander up.

“LOL Dude. I know I don’t have charisma. Well, I might have, but not as strong as Eli’s.” Alexander showed a tiny smile.

“What are you saying? Of course you have a strong charisma, like Eli. It’s just that you have different types of charisma. Trust me, dude.” said Kevin, still trying hard.

“Fine, fine. Thank you very much, Dude. You’re the primary reason I am smiling nowadays.” Alexander cheered up.

“No problem, Bro. What are friends for? Now get yourself back together. Next period’s about to start in any minute now.”

Dismissal came in no time. Kevin had to go home immediately for some emergency purposes. Alexander quietly waited on the bench alone for his father to come and pick him up. Suddenly he saw Dani and Eli together as they went home. He gave them a glare of bitterness. While he’s at it, Yoona Lim, a classmate and secret admirer of Alexander noticed his glare on the two. She approached him.

“Hey Xander, still not going home?” Yoona asked.

“Oh, hey. Not yet. I’m waiting for my dad. You?” said Alexander.

“Well, I don’t want to go home yet. I know I’ll just see trouble when I go home.” Said Yoona sadly.

“What’s the problem? You can share it with me, you know?” worried Alexander offered.

“Uhm, well, I think my parents are splitting up. I don’t exactly know why. No, it’s more of I don’t know if the reason I’m thinking is really it.” Yoona shared.

“Ohh. I’m sorry. What do you think it is? I mean, the reason they’re splitting?” curious Alexander asked.

“I think my dad has a mistress. He already had a son before he and my mom married and here he goes again. I just—“ Yoona paused and tears began to run down her cheek.

“Ohh. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cry. I’m so sorry.” Alexander while grabbing a handkerchief from his pocket and wiping Yoona’s tears.

“No. It’s okay. I’m so thankful you listened to me. My friends are too busy with their boyfriends, so I can’t really tell them about this, and I don’t have a boyfriend to tell it to, too. At least I released it somehow with you, Xander. Thank you very much.” Yoona tries to smile.

“It’s fine. Totally. I feel honored you shared this with me.” Xander stated.

“And yeah, thanks for this handkerchief. Keke.” Yoona tries to laugh.

“Don’t mention it. Now why don’t you wipe all your tears thoroughly. People might think I made you cry. Kekeke. Just kidding.” Xander tries to make Yoona laugh more.

“Okay, okay. Oh yes, please don’t tell anyone about this. May I trust you about it?” Yoona pleaded.

“Oh, sure. No problem. Your secret is safe with me.” Xander assured Yoona.

Alexander’s phone rings. It’s Mr. Eusebio, ready to pick Xander up from school.

“Oh. My dad’s here. See you tomorrow, I guess.” Said Xander as he stood up.

“Okay. Talk to you tomorrow again. Take Care~” said Yoona sweetly.

“Okay. You should go home now. It’s getting late.” Xander was worried.

“Okay, I will! ;)” Yoona assured.

The next day, lunch time…

“Oh come on. Do they have to do that EVERY lunch break?” said Xander, pissed.

“Dude. Let them go. When they break up, it’ll be your turn. Hahahaha!” Kevin smirked.

“ROFL Dude. I love your ideas. How I wish they were really true.” Xander responded.

Xander sees Yoona with her food, nowhere to sit, and sees her friends with their boyfriends.

“Yoona! Over here!” Xander called and people looked to see, including Dani.

Kevin exchanged glances with Xander. “What? Wait, what’s going on?” whispered Kevin.

“Dude. Try to be friends with her. She’s fine. I promise.” Xander requested.

“Okay. Not a big problem, Bro. Just shocked. You seem happy calling her name.” Kevin smelled something fishy.

“Sshh Dude! She’s approaching.” Xander warned.

“Oh hey, Xander. Hi Kevin!” said Yoona.

“Hello! No place to sit? You can sit with us.” said Xander, cheerfully.

“Why thank you, Alexander!” said Yoona thankfully.

“Hello there, beautiful lady! Have fun sitting with us. Hahahahaha.” Kevin trying to be friendly.

“I sure will. Haha.” giggled Yoona.

At Eli and Dani’s table…

“Wow. That’s strange.” mumbled Eli.

“Yeah. I think so too. Wait, why do you think so?” asked Dani.

“Well, he isn’t that close to girls, and he’s kind of shy towards them, unless you’re a special girl for him.” said Eli.

                “Ohhhh.” Said Dani, while thinking deep.

                “Any problem, dearest?” asked Eli.

                “Oh. It’s nothing. I just…never mind. Let’s just eat.” disturbed Dani suggested.

                During last subject, Chemistry time, in the Chemistry laboratory. Xander is Yoona’s lab partner and he wasn’t feeling that well.

                “Argh. I hate the smell of the Chemical Gases.” complained Alexander.

                “Oh. Should I tell the teacher? Are you alright?” Yoona worried.

                “Nah. I’ll be fine. I just need some gas mask.” Xander assured.

                “Alright then. I’ll get you a gas mask.” Yoona said.

Yoona managed to secure a gas mask from the teacher. As she was going back to their table, she saw Xander lying on the floor.

                “Oh my gosh! Alexander! Wake up! Teacher! Xander fainted!” almost panicking Yoona said.

Kevin came to the scene, and everyone else surrounded them.

                “Dude! You should’ve excused yourself from today’s laboratory activity. I knew your health can’t handle it.” scolded Kevin.

Dani bulged right in where Xander, Yoona and Kevin were sitting.

                “Oh my gosh what happened to him? Kevin, you said it was his health. What about it?” Dani interrogated.

                “Well I—“ said Kevin when the school physician came right in and checked on Alexander’s vital signs.

                “Alright. I need two strong men who can carry Xander on the stretcher to our clinic.” announced the physician.

                “I think I can handle it. Eli! Help me carry Xander.” Dani shouted.

                “Dani, I think Yoona and me can handle this, you can go back to your laboratory activity. I’ll update you on Xander’s condition, don’t worry.” declared Kevin.

                “If you say so. Well, take care then.” said Dani.

                Dani went back to Eli.

                “You know, I think there’s something between Xander and Yoona. Remember how Yoona almost panicked when Xander fainted?” suspected Eli.

                “Hey, don’t start a rumor. It may not be true.” defended Dani.

                “It MAY not be true, but it MAY be true, too. Remember a while ago, in the canteen, lunch time?” Eli emphasized.

                “Well, let’s wait until it’s confirmed.” said Dani.