CHAPTER TWO.

Heart Aches When You Fall In Love With A Beauty [Hiatus. TT_TT]

 

 

In the clinic…

                “Ohh. What’s this? Where am I?” said Xander, seems confused.

                “You’re in the school clinic, Dude.” said Kevin.

                “Are you feeling any better, Xander?” worried Yoona said.

                “Yeah, I think so.” said Xander.

                “Okay. I better call the school physician.”

                Yoona left Xander’s room but the door’s open as she called the physician. She was about to go back in when she hears some whispering. She took some time to eavesdrop.

                “Dani bulged right in when you fainted. You can tell she was really worried. She even volunteered to take you here with Eli, but I objected right away. I know you wouldn’t like it, man.” Kevin explained

                “Thanks Dude. I really wouldn’t like it. Imagine if I woke up with Dani and Eli by my side. That would be awkward.” thankful Alexander said.

                After their conversation, Yoona went back inside the room with the physician to check on Xander’s current condition.

                “Well, knowing your vital signs, I think you’re stable now. You can’t handle much chemical gas around, so you better tell your teacher when you’re conducting laboratory activities okay?” said the physician.

                “Okay. Thanks, Sir!” said Xander.

                “Oh by the way, I called Mr. Eusebio to inform him about what happened.” said Yoona.

                “You didn't have to, but thanks anyway, Yoona. W-wait. How did you know my dad’s number?” asked Xander.

                “U-uhm, w-well—“said Yoona while looking at Kevin.

                Kevin gave a wink to Yoona, signaling she can use Kevin to cover up on why she knows Mr. Eusebio’s number.

                “Kevin gave me his number. He instructed me to call him while he is watching you.” explained Yoona.

                “Oh, I see.” was the only thing that came out of Xander’s mouth.

“What is important now that it is you’re fine now. Next time, don’t worry about the laboratory activities. I’ll do it for you. What are partners for, right?” said Yoona.

                “Well thanks again, Yoona. But I promise that if I can handle the activity, I have to do it. It would be unfair on your side.” said Xander.

                Right then, someone entered the room immediately approaching Xander. This person was further identified as Mr. Eusebio. He came to pick Xander up.

                “Well, you’re fine now?” worried Mr. Eusebio asked.

                “According to the physician, I’m stable now, so yeah, I guess.” said Xander.

                “Okay. Let’s go home now. You have to rest. Maybe I’ll not allow you to go to school tomorrow for you to rest.” said Mr. Eusebio.

                “Okay Uncle A, I’ll just tell our teachers for tomorrow.” assured Kevin.

                “Thanks Kevin. Oh, by the way. Thanks to you, Yoona? You’re Yoona, right? The one who called me.” said Mr. Eusebio.

                “Yes Sir, That was me. Don’t mention it, Sir. It was your right to know.” said Yoona.

                “Oh, don’t call me Sir. Just Uncle A, like Kevin calls me. I feel far from my son’s friends when I’m called Sir. So, just call me Uncle A, so we’ll feel closer. Haha.” Said Mr. Eusebio.

                “Oh, okay Si—, I mean, Uncle A.” said Yoona.

                “There you go. Okay kids, Xander and I better go home now. Kindly tell your teachers about what happened and what I said. Thank you!” Mr. Eusebio said, going.

                “Okay, Uncle. Be safe on the way home!” said Kevin.

At the Eusebio’s residence…

                “You rest here until tomorrow, okay? I asked Kevin and Yoona to cover up for you.” Mr. Eusebio said, as he let Alexander lay on his bed.

                “Oh. Thanks Dad. You’re really the best dad a kid could ever have.” thankful Xander said.

                “Aww. Thanks Son. Let me give you a hug.” said Mr. Eusebio, as he hugged Xander.

                “Wait. Let me prepare a soup for you. Be right back.” said Mr. Eusebio.

                When Mr. Eusebio went outside the room, several minutes later, Victoria just got home from school, and goes to see Xander.

                “Ohhh. My poor baby brother. What happened?” worried Vica asked.

                “Well, he fainted while dealing with Chemical Gases in Chemistry Class.” said Mr. Eusebio, who went back to the room and brought soup for Xander.

                “Oh. I see you’re still suffering from your hormonal imbalance. You need a rest, indeed. Maybe you’re worrying too much about Dani and Eli, too. That’s why.” Said Vica.

                “I am NOT! I don’t care about those two anymore. Smooch themselves all they want. See if I care.” exclaimed Xander.

                “LOL I was just joking. You go rest now. Rest well, my boy.” said Vica.

                “Now, eat this one I prepared for you before it gets cold.” said Mr. Eusebio.

                “Thanks Dad.” Xander sips a bit of the soup. “It tastes great, Dad! You’re a really cool chef! Haha.” exclaimed Xander.

                “Thanks Son. Hahaha. After you finish that soup you better go to sleep, okay?” instructed Mr. Eusebio.

                “Okay Dad. Thanks again!”

The next day…

Kevin sent a text message to Yoona to wait for him at the gate so they could go inside the school together.

“Hey Yoona! Thanks for waiting!” said Kevin, while catching his breath.

“No problem! Let’s go now?” asked Yoona.

“Sure!” said Kevin as he allowed Yoona to go first.

In the classroom…

                Kevin and Yoona came in together. As soon as Dani saw them, she ran towards them and asked about Xander.

                “Kevin! You said you would update me with Xander’s condition but you didn’t. How is he now? Where is he? Is he going to school today?” asked Dani curiously.

                “Whoa, whoa. Calm down, Dani. Look, Xander’s fine now. He’s at home. Uncle A didn’t allow him to go to school today.” Answered Kevin.

                “What made him faint yesterday? What’s wrong with him?” another question was raised by Dani.

                “Well, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say it to anyone. Xander entrusted it to me so I cannot tell you as of now.” said Kevin.

                “Oh. I see. At least he’s fine now, as you said. Thanks for informing me, anyway.” said Dani.

                “Oh. Sure thing.” said Kevin.

                While Dani walked away, Yoona whispered something to Kevin.

                “She’s weird.” a short but remarkable claim by Yoona.

                “Why did you say so?” asked Kevin.

                “You didn’t notice? She only talked to you. I feel like she was acting like I didn’t existed in that scene. What’s wrong with her?” said Yoona.

                “Maybe she’s just jealous since you’re closer to Xander now.” said Kevin.

                “Why would she be jealous? Is there something going on between Xander and Dani?” asked Yoona.

                “Well, there WAS. I think they liked each other, until Dani just became Eli’s girl, just recently.” said Kevin.

                “Ohh. That’s why.” said Yoona.

                “That’s why what?” asked Kevin, curiously.

                “I saw Xander the other day, the day after the two became a couple. It was dismissal time and Dani and Eli went home together, and Xander was glaring at them.” said Yoona.

                ‘Well, he’s suffering from bitterness. Let him be for a while.” said Kevin.

Classes began in no time. Their homeroom teacher went in the room and checked the attendance.

                “Woo?” said the teacher.

                “Present!” said Kevin.

                “Lim?”

                “Here~” said Yoona.

                “Lee?”

                “Present.” said Dani, calmly.

                “Kim?”

                “Right here.” said Eli.

                “Kang?”

                “Present.” said Mingyoung.

                “Jung?”

                Krystal raised her hand.

                “Eusebio?”

                No response.

                “Eusebio? Is Xander absent?”

                Kevin came to awareness that Xander is being called.

                “Oh, teacher. Yes, he’s absent. His father didn’t allow him to go to school today due to the incident yesterday.” said Kevin.

                “Oh. Alright then. Bae?” asked the teacher.

                “Right here, teacher.” Said Suzy.

                “Alright then. Let’s start the discussion.”

While the discussion was on-going, Eli noticed Dani was quite in a trance.

                “Babe, you alright?” asked Eli, worried.

                “Oh. W-what? Oh, yeah. I’m fine.” said Dani.

                “You sure? You don’t look so fine. What’s the problem?” asked Eli.

                “Well, I’m still worried about Xa—“

Before Dani could finish her sentence, the teacher called her attention, as well as Eli’s.

                “Ms. Lee, Mr. Kim. You might want to share to the whole class what you’re talking about while I’m discussing this essential lesson. Or just listen, please. This is for you, not for me.” said the teacher.

                “Okay teacher. We’re sorry.” Eli apologized for him and also for Dani, who he can feel that she isn’t in the mood.

 

During lunch…

                Eli and Kevin bumped at each other in the cafeteria.

                “Oh hey dude!” said Kevin, offering a bro fist.

                “Ohai bro!” responded Eli, accepting Kevin’s bro fist.

                “Where’s Dani? Asked Kevin.

                “Oh, she just went to buy some drinks.” answered Eli.

                “Oh. I see. Here she comes.” said Kevin.

                “Oh Kev, can we share tables? It’s been a long time since I ate with you.” asked Eli.

                “Oh sure. I’m only eating with Yoona today, so you and Dani could join us.” said Kevin.

                “Thanks Dude.” Said Eli.

                “Oh hello Dan—“ before Kevin could finish his sentence, he noticed that Dani isn’t in her usual jolly mood.

                “Dude, what’s wrong with her?” whispered Kevin to Eli.

                “I don’t have an idea too, dude.” Eli whispered back to Kevin.

                “Hey Kevin. Nice to have lunch with you today.” said Dani.

                “Yeah. Uhm, Dani? Is there something wrong?” asked Kevin.

                “W-what? Uhm, nothing, really. I just don’t think this is a very nice day.”

Yoona, who was, at that day, sitting with Kevin, Eli and Dani, suspected that Dani’s having a bad day because Xander isn’t around. She made a move to check if it is really the reason she’s thinking.

                “Kevin! An idea just popped into my head. Why don’t we visit Xander later, after school, to check on his condition, and also to inform him about what he missed today.” said Yoona, who was intentionally speaking loud so Dani can hear her.

Suddenly, Dani raised her head from being down on the food she is currently eating and looked at Yoona and Kevin.

                “That’s a great idea. Eli, Dani, do you want to come with us?” asked Kevin.

                “Yeah, sure, We’ll—“

                “Sure, sure! I want to check on Xander’s condition, too!” said Dani before Eli could finish what he was saying, and surprisingly, Dani said this ecstatically.

                “I knew it. She’s still not over the “thing” she has with Xander before Eli became her boyfriend. Wow. This girl is quite a vixen. She has a boyfriend and here she is, so concerned about a boy who isn’t even her boyfriend.” Yoona said in her mind.

                “Alright then! Let’s meet at the gate later, after class to go to the Eusebio residence.” declared Kevin.

                Dismissal time came and  Eli and Dani were already waiting at the gate for Yoona and Kevin. A few minutes later, Yoona came with Kevin, while tousling his hair, then they saw Eli and Dani.

                “Hey guys! Ready to go?” asked Eli.

                “Sure, sure. So, what do we ride to go there?” asked Kevin.

                “Let’s take the cab. My treat.” said Dani.

                “Really? Let’s go then! Kekeke.” said Kevin.

 

At the Eusebio residence…

                “Hey! Kevin! Be the one to knock. You’re the known person here.” said Dani.

Kevin knocked on the door, and a few seconds later, a young lady opened the door for them.

                “Oh hello there, Kevin!” said this lady who was identified to be Victoria.

                “Nuna! Hello! We came to check on Xander. How is he?” said Kevin.

                “His condition is improving. Well, come on in, let me prepare some snacks for you.” Said Victoria.

                “Thanks Nuna!” responded Kevin.

                “Wow. Their house is huge, and also, very classy.” said Yoona.

                “Yeah, and that Nuna seems very kind. Wait, is she Xander’s Nuna?” asked Dani.

                “Yes, she is. Well, that’s what I like in the Eusebio family. All friends of Xander are treated like their own family members, expect that Vica-Nuna and Uncle A will be very kind to you.” Said Kevin.

                “I heard that, Kevin! Don’t do that, you’re making me flattered. Hahaha. Just kidding.” shouted Vica from the kitchen.

                “Oh. I see. Indeed. They’re very close to Xander’s friends.” said Dani.

                “Okay, here we are. Help yourself. Don’t be shy. Eat up. Haha.” said Victoria.

                “Thanks, Nuna!” said Eli.

                “No problem, Eli. Oh, yeah, before I forget, I should know you by now.” said Vica.

                “Hmm, let me see. You’re Kevin, of course.” Pointing at Kevin.

                “You’re Dani, right?” said Vica.

                “O-oh, y-yes, eonni. I-I am.” shocked Dani responded.

                “Oh, by the way. I’m Victoria. Just Vica, I’m Xander’s Nuna. You can call me eonni, then, so we can feel closer.” said Victoria.

                “Nice to meet you, Vica-eonni!” said Dani.

                “Hmm, of course you’re Eli. Haha. Like I have never seen you before. Kekeke.” Said Vica, while pointing at Eli.

Victoria looked at Yoona, still with a smiling face, but with confusion, since she never met her before. Yoona sensed the awkwardness so she went…

                “Oh. Hello, Victoria-eonni. I’m Yoona. Lim Yoona.” said Yoona.

                “Ohai! Nice to meet you, Yoona.” said Victoria.

                “Uhm, Nuna, where’s Xander?” asked Eli.

                “Well, actually, he’s in his room, he’s sleeping, but he’s been sleeping too long. He’s been sleeping since last night. Now, why don’t you wake him up?” suggested Victoria.

                “Oh I’ll do it.” claimed Dani.

                “No, I’ll do it instead.” said Yoona, as she walked to Xander’s room.

                Kevin followed Yoona with his sight, then suddenly looked at Eli, giving the “what is happening” look. Eli responded with an “I don’t know” gesture.

                Dani followed Yoona to Xander’s room, to make sure Yoona will really wake Xander up, and not do anything ridiculous in his room.

                Yoona approached Xander’s bed and found Xander, who looks like having a deep sleep.

                “Alexander Lee Eusebio! Wake up~” said Yoona sweetly.

                “Let me do it!” claimed Dani.

                “Hey Xander! You sleepy head! Wake up now, it’s time to wake up.” said Dani who raised her voice a bit.

                Xander blinked and half-asleep, saw Dani and Yoona by his bed.

                “OH! Oh. Hey, Yoona, hey Dani. What brings you here?” said Xander.

The two boys who remained in the living room followed the girls to check on them.

                “Oh, Kevin, Eli! You’re here too? What’s up?” asked Xander.

                “Dude! Not much. We just want to check on your condition. You feel totally okay now?” asked Kevin.

                “Yeah, dude. Thanks, y’all. Wait, let’s go to the living room and talk there, but first, I have to find my slippers. Oh, where did they go?” said Xander.

                Dani and Yoona searched for Xander’s slippers. Dani found one and Yoona found the other. As they tell Xander…

                “Here, Xander!” both shouted.

                “Thank you, ladies. Now let’s go to the living room.” said Xander.

                “Let me help you get up, Xander.” offered Yoona.

                “You can go first, Yoona. I can help Xander.” said Dani.

                “NO! Let me help him!” exclaimed Yoona.

                “I said, I can handle this!” gradually, their voices becomes louder and louder until…

                “Okay! Guys! Stop! I can help myself, okay? Stop shouting.” said Xander.

                “Okay, fine!” said Yoona.

                “K.” said Dani, as they all went to the living room.

                They talked about a lot of things about what happened at school and a chitchat.

                “Wait. I’m thirsty. Let me go get some water.” said Xander.

                “I’ll accompany you, Xander.” said Dani.

                “I’ll go with you too.” said Yoona.

Kevin and Eli remained on the living room.

                “What’s wrong with those two girls?” said Kevin.

                “Yeah. I wonder. I’m kind of worried about Dani, more of disappointed? No, I think it’s jealousy. He treats Xander with too much care.” said Eli.

                “Ohh. Sorry man.” said Kevin.

                “Dude, you know? I think I have to talk to Dani tomorrow.”