CHAPTER FOUR.

Heart Aches When You Fall In Love With A Beauty [Hiatus. TT_TT]

It’s February 10, the day before the third month of Dani and Eli’s relationship. Eli was trying to contact someone on the phone.


Ring…ring…ring…

“Hello?” a deep male voice answered from the other line.

“Hyung!” said Eli.

“Oh, Eli? Is this you? Hey! What’s with the call? Want to talk to Dani?” said the guy on the other line.

“No, not really. I want to talk to you. Can I ask for your help? It’s about Dani.” said Eli.

“Yeah, sure. Anything for my baby sister. What is it?” said Dani’s older brother, Seunggi.

“Well, tomorrow marks our third month together. I want to surprise her, so I don’t want her to have an idea about this. Can you make her prepare tomorrow? Make her wear something nice. I want to take her somewhere fun.” explained Eli.

“Okay. What are your plans, exactly?” said Seunggi.

“Hm. I’m planning to take her out to eat and play on the arcades or go ice skating.”

“Oh. Okay. Deal.”

“This is how it goes. Make her dress nice, then tell her you’re going to take her somewhere. I’ll park my car outside your house at 3PM and then when you take her out of the house, put a blindfold on her, then make her ride in the car, front seat. Then, I’ll take care of the rest.” explained Eli.

“Hmm. Okay. Take care of her, alright?” said Seunggi.

“Yes, Seunggi-hyung! I’ll take her back at exactly 9PM.”

“Okay then. My congratulations in advance for your third month. Don’t ever, ever hurt my beloved sister, or else, you’ll have to fight with me. Haha.”

“I won’t, Hyung! Don’t worry. I love your sister. I won’t let anything, even me, hurt her.”

“Okay. Goodnight!”

Eli hangs up the phone. He almost can’t sleep thinking that tomorrow will be a very nice day for Dani and him.

The next day, Seunggi wakes up and goes out of his room. As he went inside the kitchen, he saw Dani, preparing breakfast.

“Wow. You’re up early. Is today a special day?” asked Seunggi.

“Secret! Hahaha. Hey. Why don't you sit first? Let’s have breakfast, Oppa.” said Dani.

“Alright then. By the way, later at about 2:30PM, wear something nice. I’m going to take you somewhere fun.” 

“Oh, I can’t. This is a special day. I think someone’s going to ask me out. Haha.”

“Who? Eli? Are you sure about that?” said Seunggi, raising his eyebrows, acting like he doesn’t know anything about Eli’s plan.

“Uhm, well, no, but I still can’t say yes to your plan.”

“Psh. If he doesn’t call you before 2:30PM, you’re going to have to go with me.”

“Aish. Alright then. He’s going to call, I tell you.”

“Let’s eat the breakfast you prepared. Let’s see if you really have better cooking skills than me.” said Seunggi.

After eating breakfast, Seunggi initiatively washed the dishes. Dani went to her room to check if someone sent her messages in her mobile phone.

There was none. Not a single message to reply to. Not even one from Eli.

“Why isn’t he bothering to call up or even send a text message?” worried Dani said.

“He didn’t forget our third month, did he? Aish. This is driving me crazy.”

Dani sat on her bed and the television. Trying to kill time while waiting for Eli’s call, if he really is planning to.

Hours have passed and Seunggi tried to knock on her bedroom’s door.

“Dani-yah! It’s almost 2:30PM. Did Eli call?” said Seunggi, carrying a smirk.

No response was heard from Dani. Suddenly, the door opened. Seunggi immediately hid his smirk.

“Well, whatever. Let’s just go somewhere fun, as you say. At least not to make this day a boring one. This was supposed to be a special day and he didn’t even call once.” said Dani, looking disappointed.

“Alright. Take a bath and wear something nice. Put on some nice perfume too.” said Seunggi.

“LOL. Are we going on a date? What’s with wear something nice and put on perfume. Cologne will not work?”

“Do as I say. Use perfume after dressing up. This is a special day, isn’t it? If Eli didn’t take you out, I will.”

“Okay, okay. I’m doing it now.” said Dani.

While Dani was preparing, Seunggi peeked on the window to see Eli’s car parked there. He sees it and goes to Dani’s door.

“Are you done? We’re going to be late.” said Seunggi.

“Alright, alright. Almost done. Calm up a bit, will you?”

“Okay. Make it fast!”

Seunggi goes back to his room and gets a cloth good enough to be a blindfold.

“I’m done! Let’s go.” said Dani.

“Okay. Coming!” said Seunggi.

Seunggi met up with Dani in the living room.

“So, you need to wear this.” said Seunggi.

“WHAT? Why? Why would I be blindfolded?”

“I want it to be a surprise when we get there, so play with me, will you?” requested Seunggi.

“Oh, alright. Don’t make fun of me, or else, you’ll see.” threatened Dani.

Seunggi puts on the blindfold on Dani and leads her way out of the house and into Eli’s car. Eli approaches the car as he sees Seunggi closing the door where he put Dani.

“Thanks a lot, Hyung!” said Eli.

“No problem. Have fun!” said Seunggi.

“Oh, we will.”

Eli rides the car and turns up the engine. Dani is still blindfolded. Eli starts to make the car run slowly.

“Hey. W-w-w-wait. Oppa, that’s you, right?” said Dani.

Eli just giggled and continued to run the car.

“HEY! Seunggi-oppa! Can you just answer if that’s you? You’re making me nervous! You’re sure you’re taking me somewhere safe, eh?” yelled Dani, alarmed.

Eli stopped the car and removed her blindfold. As Dani looked up to who removed her blindfold.

“Surprise!” shouted Eli excitedly.

“OMO!” gasped Dani. She never expected something from Eli today.

“I thought you forgot! Oh my gosh!” said Dani, still excited.

“You thought I’d never prepare something, huh? How could I forget our 3rd month? That would be impossible!” said Eli.

“But wait, what about Seunggi-oppa? He said he’ll take me somewhere nice.” asked Dani.

“Heh. He knew about this. I guess he acted too realistically for you to believe what he said. Haha.” 

“Really? Wow. I never knew he would do something like this for me. Anyway, where are we going?”

“Hmm. You’ll know when we get there. Haha.” said Eli.

Several minutes later, they arrived at the Ice Skating Rink.

“Whoa. We’re going to go Ice Skating?” asked Dani.

“No, no. We’re going camping. That’s why we’re in an Ice Skating Rink, right? Of course we will. Hahaha.” joked Eli.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. I’d love too, but I don’t know how.” worried Dani.

“Don’t worry, I’ll teach you. Just follow my lead.”

“Alright. You’re sure this is safe, huh?”

Eli and Dani started to wear their ice skates and went into the skating rink.

“Wow, this is slippery.” said Dani.

“It’s fine. Hold on tight on me so you don’t fall off.” said Eli.

Dani was a bit awkward on the rink, but Eli is carefully assisting her.

“W-w-whoa!” yelled Dani as she slipped.

Eli was behind Dani while holding her hands, so he caught Dani in his arms to prevent her fall.

“Whew. That’s close. I think you’ll just have to play along with me. This could be dangerous. Hold on my hands tightly, okay?” said Eli.

They played in the rink for about 2 hours, having fun and all. Eli was so happy seeing Dani enjoying the rink with him. It was so heavenly for him to see.

“Wait, wait.” said Dani.

Eli stopped from skating.

“Why, what’s the matter? You’re tired already?” asked Eli.

“Kind of. Can we rest or something?” asked Dani.

“Sure, sure. Wait, do you want to have dinner already?”

“We can? I don’t see a restaurant around here.”

“Who says we’re going to eat at a restaurant?”

“So where do you plan to eat, huh? Don’t tell me we’re eating on a grassy land.”

“Enough talking. Let’s go there now.” said Eli.

Eli takes Dani somewhere near a lake. Dani finds a table with candles set and large umbrella which serves as a roof.

“Waaaaah! Is this where we are eating?” asked Dani.

“You like it?” asked Eli.

“Yes! Very much! It’s so romantic! Thank you, Eli!” said Dani, sweetly.

“Naaah. It’s nothing. I haven’t even prepared much, in this case. Keke.”

Dani and Eli took seats on the chair beside the table and began eating their dinner joyfully.

“Kyaaaaa. I’m so lucky to be your girlfriend. HAAAAH! I’m so happy that I almost want to jump up and down!” said Dani.

“Well, at least I can do this much for the girl that stole my heart up to this very day.”

“AWW!” said Dani as she stood up and run towards Eli and hugged him.

“Uhm, Dani…” said Eli.

“Yes?”

“This may sound cheesy but…”

“But…?”

“I love you.” said Eli, sounding cheesy.

“Aww. I love you too, Babe.”

There was awkward silence until Eli made eye contact with Dani. 

Eli slowly closed the gap between Dani’s face and his. Before he knew it…

















…his lips landed on Dani’s lips.






A/N : Fourth chapter's up! Sorry if I took long before updating. Our exams just finished today so yeah. XD. I introduced a new character here, and kind of focused a bit on Eli and Dani only. Well, hope you like it! I'll update sooner than last time. XD