Chapter 2

Now or Never

“Ahh…ahh…” Baekhyun’s eyes opened, “It was just a-“He stopped talking once he noticed an IV stand next to him and his legs wrapped up.

“Son! You’re finally awake!” His mom came into his room running. “My son! Are you okay? Do you need anything? Ohh…my poor son!” She said embracing him tightly and kissing his head.

“Umma…is she a live?” He blurted out.

His mom straightened up and sat in front of him. She took his hand and replied “Son…don’t worry, nothing will happen to you. I hired the best lawyers in Seoul. You didn’t get blamed for anything.”

He looked at his mom and pulled away his hand from her and said “Mom…how could you do that? It was clearly my fault…I killed two people…or three…is she okay?”

His mom cleared and said “Ohh…yeah…the girl is just injured but she’s alive as ever.”

A small smile appeared on his face, “What about her parents?”

The mom rolled her eyes slightly irritated and said “Why do you care about others, when you’re the one that’s-“

He cut her off and said “Are they alive?”

She sighed and said “No, they passed away on the scene.”

His smile fell and he said “Is the funeral today?”

The mom looked at him and replied “Yes, the funeral is today.”

“Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go, I should pay my respects and say I’m sorry. That’s the most I could do.” He said and was about to get out of bed but he stopped. He tried to stand up but his legs wouldn’t move. “Ahh…Aish!” He said as he struggled.

He looked at his mom, who looked away as tears filled her eyes.

“Umma...for how long will I have casts on both my legs?” He asked.

She looked at him and replied while sobbing “Son…there’s something I have to tell you…”

 

“Sohee-ah!” Hana came running into the funeral home. “Sohee…” She said as she looked at her once bright friend, who was now haggard looking as if she was a corpse. “Sohee…don’t cry…I’m here…I’m here!” Her friend said as she pulled Sohee into her arms.

You burst into a million tears and said “Why? I should…have…died…” You held onto Hana’s arm and cried in her arms. “What am I supposed to do now?”

Suddenly, both the girls stopped crying once they heard someone enter the room.

Hana looked up and saw a woman dressed up in fancy attire.

“Are you Kim Sohee?” She asked.

You pulled out of Hana’s embrace and stood up “That’s me.” You said.

“Follow me.” She said and walked outside.

Once you were outside, she turned around and said “I’m sure you heard from the lawyers’ right?”

You looked up at her and said “Excuse me?”

She stepped closer to you and said “I cannot afford to take fault for anything, because of your parents horrid driving…my son lost his dream.”

You looked at her flabbergasted and replied “I’m sorry mam but my parents weren’t at fault.”

She looked at you and said “Take this and we’ll call it a deal okay.” She handed you an envelope.

“What’s this?” You said as you opened the envelope. “Money?” You said and looked up at her.

She sighed and said “If you want more, just name your price.”

You grabbed her hand and placed the envelope back in her hand and said “I’m sorry money isn’t going to solve the problem.”

“Pardon?” She said.

You firmly respond back “Money can’t hide the fact that you’re lying. You know as much as I know that it wasn’t my parents fault. They already suffered, the least you can do for them is say you’re sorry. I’m sure that they will accept it.”

 

“Hey.” Kris said as he walked into Baekhyun’s room.

Baekhyun didn’t respond and just sat in bed lifeless.

“What are you hungry for? Huh? Tell me? I’ll get it for you.” Kris said as he ruffled his little brother’s hair.

Baekhyun didn’t respond and just stayed motionless. “Yah-“Kris stopped talking once he noticed a tear escape his brother’s eye. That took Kris by shock, Baekhyun never cried, not even once. “Yah, don’t cry.” He said as he sat at his bedside.

Baekhyun turned his head to look at Kris. As tears slipped down his eyes he said “Hyung…don’t you pity me? I lost everything important to me…I should have just died instead. Um-Umma said-She said that…I lost-“

Before Baekhyun could finish Kris cut him off by saying “Don’t you ever say that.”

Baekhyun looked at Kris and Kris smiled at his brother and said “You’re a strong kid Baekhyun. You always pull through when things get rough…Don’t change…not now….not ever.”

There was a knock on the door and someone said “May I come in?”

“Mom’s back.” Kris said as he stood up.

Their mother entered the room and stood by the door gazing at her sons.

Kris smiled and ruffled Baekhyun’s hair “I’ll order some pizza and chicken for you. You like that don’t you?”

Baekhyun smiled at Kris and nodded.

As Kris left the room, their mom walked up to Baekhyun’s bed and sat down.

“Is she okay?” Baekhyun asked his mom.

“She’s fine.” She responded.

“Did you tell her that I’m sorry?” He asked.

She looked at him and responded “I did…but she said sorry wasn’t going to do anything and that she was going to need much more than a sorry.”

Baekhyun looked at his mom shocked and replied “Really? Did she really say that?”

“Yes. She even made me give her money. She said she would get her revenge on you.” She responded back.

 

-Some years later-

You were running around campus (you were at your university), trying to find your class. You finally had saved up enough money for the first two semesters of college. It meant everything to you to get into a university, and just not any university but Seoul University, the top ranked university in all of South Korea.

Suddenly, you bumped into someone and all your books flew out of your arms and scattered around the ground.

“Aish! Watch where you’re going!” The person you bumped into you said and walked away scowling.

“I’m sorry!” You yelled to him, and started picking up your books.

“Oh…no…Oh no…this isn’t good! Where is my schedule?!?!”You said frantically as you looked around the grass.

Suddenly, you heard someone say “Excuse me, are you looking for this?”

You looked up at and saw someone, in a wheelchair, holding a yellow paper.

“My schedule…” You said and took it from his hand, “Thank you.”

He smiled and said “No problem, you should really be careful with that paper, they won’t give you another copy if you lose the first, you know.”

You clenched the paper and said “It’s just it’s my first day here and I didn’t know where my classes where, so I bumped into someone…” You stopped talking once you realized that you were blabbering on and on, “Sorry.” You said and bowed.

“No, it’s okay. Here hand me your schedule I’ll show you around.” He said.

~o~o~o~

HEY GUYS!!! Guess who updated? ME! LOL!!

Anyway, how are you liking this story so far? Hmmm.....?

PS: A special thanks to bunnyxwarrior for making an AMAZING poster for me!! Thanks!!!

My inner fangirl kicked in when I saw this picture: WHY CAN'T I BE THAT BOX? WHY GOD WHY!?!

Anyway, I would have wrote more but...its like 2 right now and

LOL! Luhan looks so fine here~

Comment & subscribe because Tao will do aegyo for you!

BYE!!!! Have a nice day or night!!!!!

-Cecii~


If you guys have been wondering what I've been up to, well I just got married to Chunji...OMO!! So exciting! He asked me to marry him out of the blue~