Morning hours

As a gangster "GUY"

 

It was seven in the morning and I was already awake. I was lying on the couch that I used as a bed, some birds were already chirping outside…

…how annoying.

I guess, the sun should already be going up, but I still had a lot of time left till I had to stand up for school. The window in my apartment didn’t show the sun since there was a building blocking the view.

My apartment was small. The couch was in front of the window, on its left side stood the old closet and on the right side was my bed, well... more like two mats with a sheet, a bedcover and a pillow. In front of the couch was a table with a laptop and papers lying on it. Next to the entrance door, on the left side, was the kitchen. The bathroom was in a small room, in the right corner of the apartment. There was no carpet and the furniture was cheap, only the laptop was of good quality and there was an old, black piano. It was on the left side of the couch and stood out a lot, because it looked really expensive with its golden keys.

I sighed. I was still really sleepy since I had worked till six and had only slept for about an hour. I really wanted to sleep on, but I somehow couldn’t, it’s been like that for about two years. I looked at the watch that was hanging on the wall, I still had enough time till my appointment with the new school I’m about to transfer to. I had looked forward to going to that school, since it was not only the only school willing to accept me, it was quite a nice one too.

My opinion changed after I found out why that school had accepted me- the principal was my uncle and it was a school with a lot of people whose parents were in the underground business. When I found out, I was actually against going to school at all, but I had made a deal with my father. I had to do well in school and pay him a fixed price every month in order to live alone. Because of that I had barely enough to eat. But if I didn’t pay him, he would send his men to bring me back home. Yes, he was not some ordinary guy, heck he was the most infamous person in Asia, he was the head of the Jung-Family, the biggest Mafia Group in Asia and I am his second child- his second “SON”.

Yes, son… even though I am a girl, but nobody knows of that fact, except my mother, my father and my older brother. Nobody else inside my family knew, the only other persons was my doctor and a friend of my father. Sadly my mother passed away two years before. Since then my life changed. My mother would always dress me up prettily and teach me things I have to know as a girl, like cooking and even playing piano. Even though I didn’t really like to cook, I enjoyed being like other girls once in a time, being normal once in a while. But because of my father, it never lasted that long, he didn’t allow me to dress as a female and didn’t allow me to act like one. He never saw me as a girl or anything; it was only my mother who knew how I looked like with frills and dresses.

I somehow had gotten used to life like that, I didn’t hate it, but I kind of regret getting home-tutoring and never meeting other kids. I had my personal tutor and did a lot of material arts with my older brother, since my father wanted me to be able to protect myself if something should happen.

After my mother passed away, I had stayed in America with a friend of his, so that I could calm down and forget, I was a girl for that year. It was my first time going to a school and meeting new people, I wanted to stay there longer, even though I was kind of an outsider, but then my family background came out and I had to come back. Before my mother died, I had nothing against my live, nothing against my family, but it all changed on that day.

I still remember it, like it was yesterday. It was their anniversary. I still remember how she happily told me her plans. She wanted to meet with him at the park where they had met the first time and then she wanted to walk with him to a festival that was a few blocks away, but it never came to that. She was kidnapped that day. Actually my family knew something would happen, since there had been a lot of problems at that time, but my father had forgotten her at the meeting point and she was kidnapped. By the time he remembered their date, she was already at the hideout of one of his enemies.

That day I just found out about it through luck. I had a bad feeling and didn’t see my mother around, so I looked for her. When I walked past the office of my father, I heard him talking to his men. He had told them where she was held and what they wanted. Everybody of the higher ranks was there, they were all my uncles and some of my aunts, my brother was there too, but they didn’t move an inch. I waited for them to do something, but they just discussed and I couldn’t hold it in anymore, so I stormed off to where she was, crying of dissapointment and praying she was alive.

It was on a big ship and there were man dressed in black everywhere. When I discovered my mother, I saw her lying on a mat, trying to fight against a bulky guy who was undressing her. When I saw that, anger ran through me, but I tried to calmly think of a way to save her. If I just jumped in, they would kill her for sure. But when I heard their boss talking about how they would her and then kill her, I had a hard time trying to stay composed. I then tried to reassure myself, thinking he was just saying it to scare her, but when he walked to her, taking out a knife and telling his men to just act like she was alive and hide her when my father came, I ran towards the guy.

It was the first time had I actually used the fighting techniques I had learned, but anger pushed me and I high-kicked the man in front of my mother. He was surprised and fell to the ground. The other men were surprised too, but quickly snapped out of it. It was hard, since I had never fought against more than one person, truthfully I had never fought against anyone seriously. But somehow I could stand against them. I was hit a lot of times, especially my stomach hurt. I was trying to lead them away from my mother, but it was no use, two of them were going after my mother, but because there were too many, I couldn’t get to her.

She was killed in front of my eyes….

My alarm clock went off and pulled me out of my thoughts. I sat up and breathed in deeply. It was always hard thinking about what happened back them and only now did I realize that I was sweating a lot. I don’t remember what happened after that, I only know that I woke up the next day in my bed and I had a broken arm and cuts everywhere. I hated my family for being too late; I hate them for not doing anything, especially my father. That guy who forgot her out there. That man who was too slow to protect her. He never forgot anything about business, but he forgot his own wife. It was his entire fault, all the fault of his work. He pulled her into that kind of world.

And my brother and my other family members weren’t better, he was his successor, they were his brothers, he was too late and they didn’t move. I was earlier there than them, even though they had known about it longer than me. Why didn’t they just go after them? They were more and stronger, if they had done it wisely, they would have gotten her out without a scar. But they took too much time to think up a plan and they let her be killed.

With a sigh I finally stood up and went to my tiny bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. When I was finished, I walked out and put on my school uniform. It was a dark red blazer with a white shirt, where I left some of the upper buttons open, so that some of my skin showed, but the vest I wore underneath wasn´t visible. My trousers were black and I wore black leather wristbands. The rebel I was, I didn´t tuck my shirt in properly and wore a long necklace with a ring and a cross on it. The tie I had to wear was black and I put it on loosely. The ring on my necklace was from my mother, so I always had it with me. To finish up, I put on my nerd glasses; it was to hide my face a bit, so that I didn’t look too much like a girl. I was happy that there were other guys looking like girls too, so it wasn’t that strange for most people. I have dark brown eyes, almost black and when I looked at the mirror inside of my closet, I put on my fake smile, but went back to my bad mood soon afterwards. I most likely had to smile a lot afterwards, so why do it now?

My day was always bad when I started it with memories and now I have to go see my stupid uncle. I had to meet him personally, or else he won’t give me my schedule. I don’t know why he won’t leave me alone. I had thought I cut off almost all ties to my family… really, such an annoying guy. I ruffled my hair, and then I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Well, when I say went, it seems so far away, but really… I only had to take three steps and I was at my refrigerator. When I was finished, I took my bag and my keys and went out. I took my metallic red motorbike and drove to school. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Okay, this is my first chapter here, and well... it's just some kind of explanation to get to know the female main lead better. 
Since this is a romance tagged story it will get romance, but it will be kind of a bit later, since I think romance has to build up
on friendship and I don't like hasty love or when they tell each other how much they love each other, even tough they don't know each other that
well..... maybe it will be a tragic ending, I'm not sure of that myself and I'm too not sure who I should take as main male lead (the one she ends up together in the end)...... who knows.... I have not idea who i should take.... maybe someone can help me??? Give me your toughts on this!! Please!