The Dream

Already Taken (Sequel to Letting Go)

 

It was dark and you couldn’t really see much. Then you saw an image of you with Minhyuk with him and you smiling brightly as the two of you played around with each other. You tried to reach out to it but then it disappeared into the darkness. You continue to walk hoping to find it again, to find him again, and to find the brightness in your smiles.

You couldn’t see anything of Minhyuk anymore as you continued to walk. You finally were starting to come out with an image of a street and building.

Then it came, the image of the old apartment and him. He was there sitting at the kitchen counter as you were cooking the noodles. He came over to you and hugged you from behind. You saw how the two of you smiled. You felt a tear fall as you watched that sight.

It then went to the both of you running around the apartment, chasing each other. He finally caught you and you fell into his arms as you squished his cheeks. You heard your laughs which made you heart ache.

Then all of that went away and you saw a figure.

You thought it was Minhyuk so you were going to run to him but then you noticed it wasn’t…

You slowly walked closer to the figure.

You couldn’t believe your eyes as you saw his back side again.

You knew it was him.

“Peniel…” you said his name quietly.

Then you saw him slightly turn his head and there you saw his smirk.

That smirk that you hated so much but then loved so greatly.

“Peniel” you said his name again. That was the only thing that you could say.

Tears started to roll down your face as memories of you two zoomed passed the both of you.

You couldn’t hold it in.

You kept on calling his name as if by doing so it could protect you.

“Peniel, Peniel, Peniel, Peniel, Peniel...”

...

 

you-ah” you heard a voice call your name but it wasn’t his.

you-ah” you heard it again. A soft voice was calling out your name. Then you felt like you were being held by two arms as they tried to shake you.

Then you finally opened your eyes to see a worried Minhyuk looking down at you.

“Thank god you’re okay.” He said as he hugged you tightly. In response you hugged him back tightly.

After calming down a bit in his arms he pulled you away from him. “What happened? Are you okay? Did you have a bad dream?” he started to ask you so many questions. “It was just a bad dream.” You answered him as you sniffled. “Was it that bad to make you cry?” he asked you that question which shocked you. He wiped away your tears. You didn’t realize that you were really crying.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” he asked you once more. “I’ll be fine.” You answered him with a smile. “What did you dream about?” he asked you a question you didn’t want him to ask but you knew you couldn’t avoid it. You looked into to his eyes. “Do I really have to tell you?” you asked him. “I want to know what’s going on with my girlfriend, so yes.” He answered you as he put his right hand on your shoulder. You took a deep breath before you agreed. “Okay” you replied. He didn’t smile but he began to put all his focus on you which made you blush a little.

“Okay so it started out with me seeing us together and we were very happy. You and I were playing around in a park I think. Then that disappeared and I found myself outside a building and on the streets. Then…” you began to tell him your dream but stopped because you didn’t want him to hear the rest. “Then?” he asked you. You quickly tried to come up with something else. “Then I thought I saw a younger me lost and that was what made me cry.” You quickly replied with something you watched in a drama where the daughter was lost as she tried to find her way back home.

“Oh I see” he replied softly but it sounded like he was a little disappointed but you weren’t so sure. He then hugged you again. As he your back he said, “Don’t worry it was just a bad dream. I’ll always be here for you”.

As the two of you were hugging Minhyuk was thinking deeply into things. ‘Who’s Peniel? She’s been calling that name when she was having a bad dream. Did that have something to do with her dream? Is she really lying to me now?’ he began to think as he remembered you mentioning Peniel’s name when you were dreaming.

Then he broke away from you. “I’ll go get us some breakfast before the conference starts.” Minhyuk told you as he got up. You nodded you head in response because you were starting to get hungry. “I’ll be back in a minute.” He told you as he smiled at you then left.

You got up and hugged yourself. Then you noticed that you were wearing a jacket. You smiled. ‘Minhyuk probably put this on me while I was asleep’ you thought to yourself.

As you walked around the office you remembered something. “I was calling out his name…" You whispered to yourself as you thought about it. You weren’t sure if you actually said it out loud or if it was all in the dream. You began to worry. ‘Hopefully Minhyuk didn’t hear it’ you thought to yourself.

Minhyuk soon came back with some toast and coffee. “Sorry this was all I could get that was nearby.” He apologized to you. You observed him carefully to see if there was anything wrong. Then he looked at you. “Is there anything wrong? Do you want me to go back home and make you a better breakfast?” he asked you. You the smiled and shook your head. “No no I was just seeing if you were okay. It’s okay I like eating toast sometimes for breakfast.” You told him as you took the toast and coffee away from him. “Oh okay then.” He replied as he took a bite out of the toast. The two of you then smiled to each other.

“Minhyuk-ah” you called his name. He looked up from his food. “mhmm?” he asked. “I love you” you confessed out of nowhere. You just felt like it was the right time.

You saw him blush which made you giggle.

“I love you too.” He replied shyly. You thought it was so cute how he confessed back to you.

Then the both of you continued to eat.

After eating he helped you wrap up all your design and separate them from Diane’s. Then the both of you headed out, straight to the conference room.

The both of you found Diane there first. She got up and greeted you both. “Thank you so much you.” She thanked you as she hugged you. Then she looked at what you were wearing.

“Omo, you stayed all night editing these. I’m so sorry.” She suddenly felt bad and bowed to the both of you. You smiled and lifted her up. “No it’s okay. I like to spend time here in the office. Don’t worry as long as you have everything for the conference today, everything will be fine.” You reassured her. She pouted and hugged you again. “I don’t know what I would do without you. You’re such a great friend.” She told you which made you smile. “How will I ever pay you back?” she asked you.

“Next time let someone else edit your work.” Minhyuk suggested. “Of course, it should have been me but if it wasn’t for my baby daughter, I would have done it. Don’t worry next time I’ll take care of mines and yours.” Diane told you as she patted you back. Then she pointed to Minhyuk. “He’s a keeper. You’re lucky to have him.” She told you. You nodded your head. “Yea I know.” You replied to her as you looked at Minhyuk and smiled.

“You two should go head back home and get ready. You still have about an hour and a half until the meeting starts. I’m just here early to help prepare. See you two later okay. Thanks again so much you.” She thanked you once again. “You’re welcome.” You replied then the both of you left.

When the both of you arrived home and were walking in the hallway leading to your home you looked back at Minhyuk who was carrying your folders. “Minhyuk oppa, thank you.” You thanked him. You made sure to use oppa which you hardly used. “It’s no problem. Anything for my princess.” He told you as he smiled to you. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2 is out~! Sorry I couldn't resist to not to update so soon >< I wish I could do that with the whole thing...
Anyways I hope you liked this chapter as well. Thank you to everyone who has already subscribed and commented. I love you all~!<3