Who is HE?

Want to Bet on it ?

[Author’s POV]

Nicole woke up with a smile on her face, kind of just like what you see in those commercials where the sleeping beauty wakes up elegantly and beautifully, well with Nicole lets take out the part that she looked beautiful because the only thing beautiful about her was her smile, her breath still stinks and her hair was a mess like she hasn’t showered in days. She got up and got ready, but this time she wouldn’t look like the same old Nicole everyone knows, actually there were only a few people who knew her existence so this is the time for her to shine. She took a nice hot bath and then got dressed; she was wearing short shorts and a knit lace black tank top that had the patterns of flower. Then it was time for her to fix her hair, the only thing she did was that she straighten it so that everyone can see her long black hair, then looked at herself in the mirror and was surprised that she actually looked good. She then got her new pair of toms and then proceeded to wear it. After that she went to her kitchen and fixed herself a meal which consists of milk, eggs, and toast. She finished eating in 10 minutes then rushed to the condo’s parking lot to get her car, and then she headed to Seoul University. After 15 minutes she arrived in the university and it took her about 5 minutes to find an empty parking space. When she got out of her car, she saw all her unnies waiting for her in front of the building then she hurriedly run over to them.

“you cleaned up pretty nice.” Jade said as she was looking at Nicole up and down while being observant over what she is wearing.

“yup you really look good, then maybe you can finally get a boyfriend.” Hye ju said as she was smiling and lifting her eyebrows up and down teasing Nicole.

“well its almost time for class you guys !” yumi said as she gestured everyone to move out and start going to their own classes.

“lets just meet up later in the cafeteria, you know where we usually hang out.” Young mi said as she was practically screaming at yumi, jade, hye ju, and Nicole while moving into her direction and then waving goodbye while smiling.

Time went by so fast and Nicole could barely focus on her studies, she was both nervous and anxious to see the guy she troubled yesterday. When the lunch bell rang she immidietly started walking to the direction where she accidentally bumped into the guy. While she was waiting she texted all her unnies that she is waiting for the guy at the spot where they bumped into each other and everyone was at ease knowing she was ok. Nicole waited and waited for minutes but she never saw the guy the she bumped into yesterday so she decided to just head on to the cafeteria because she was starting to get a little hungry too. She was walking with her head face to the ground until she reached her destination then she brought her head up high walking to her unnies table to tell them the news. After she got into the table, she noticed one guy looking familiar across from the table they were sitting in. it was the guy from yesterday, she then panicked and hide.

“Nicole what the hell is wrong with you ? why are you acting this way ?” jade said curiously with a worried face then held nicole’s shoulder so that she could face everyone.

“it’s the guy from yesterday ! he’s in the table across from our table !” Nicole said as she was pointing to the other table and then faced jade with a panicked look and  big round eyes.

“damn ! just go over there ! nothing to worry about, they wont bite !” hye ju said casually as she was still eating her salad nonchalantly.

“or do you want one of us to go with you ? considering your Nicole, you haven’t interacted with boys quite a bit and theres about 5 guys in that table so just choose from us.” Young mi said as she was looking at Nicole with a worried face but then still able to eat her food in peace.

“no let her go by herself, we are not going to be there all the time or her, its about time she does one thing by herself.” Yumi said as she was pointing at Nicole with a fork trying to teach her a lesson by going up to the table full of men.

“you’re right unnie, Im not going to die with this one thing. I just need to go up there and tell him that I have something to give him.” Nicole said as she was trying to calm herself down and started to straighten her body and shoulder. But her unnies sat there and started cracking up at here innocence. However she still wanted to go up to the guys’ table and make a change once awhile. Nicole took her first step, then her second, until she finally got in front of their table and then build her courage to tap the guy’s shoulder so she did and he looked at her smiling. With one smile that she got from the guy, she couldn’t utter a word but then when she heard his voice she finally came back to her senses.

“hmmm… weren’t you the girl from yesterday who bumped into me and spilled food on my clothes.” The guys said trying to recall about yesterdays’ incident while pointing at her. then he stood up looking at her face to face. While one guy who sat beside him just hid his face because he was trying to hold his laughter.

“uhmmmm yeah…” Nicole said as she was blushing and having a hard time talking.

“I wanted to see you too, I really didn’t needed the money you gave to me and I was really ok yesterday, thank god I had extra clothes in my car so please don’t take it to heart.” The guy said as he had a smile plastered at his face.

“well I really felt bad about what happened yesterday so will you come with me ? I need to talk to you for awhile.” Nicole said bravely while trying to convince him to give her some of his time.

“sure ! hyungs I’ll be back later and jinki hyung please stop laughing, you look like an idiot.” The guy said as he was just about to go with Nicole and then patted his hyungs back.

After 3 minutes of walking in silence, Nicole finally managed to say, “I really feel bad for what happened yesterday and I promised you that I will take you shopping for a new outfit but then you didn’t contact me so I just bought an outfit myself and I don’t know if you will like them.” Nicole said as she was staring at the ground while playing with her fingers.

“I swear you didn’t have to go through all of that, Im fine really, I could even give you the money back you gave to me yesterday, I still have the same exact bills you gave me yesterday.” The guy said waving his hands back and forth gesturing that it was all a misunderstanding, then he took out his wallet when Nicole stopped him.

“no keep it, I really feel bad about what happened and I’ll feel even worse if you reject everything I gave you.” Nicole said while looking up at him.

“okei, if you say so and by the way my name is taemin !” he said as he shrugged his shoulders and then held out his hand to introduce himself to Nicole while smiling at her.

“and I’m Nicole !” nicole said as she took his hand and shook it while smiling at each other.

Taemin just kept following Nicole until they finally got into nicole’s car, she then opened her trunk and reached for the white bag that had the outfit she bought for him.

“here this is what I bought yesterday, I hope you like it.” Nicole said as she handed him the bag while looking away.

After Nicole handed him the bag, taemin immediately opened the bag and found the outfit Nicole bought.

“I like it ! it suits my style but im really sorry for having you go through all this trouble.” Taemin said as he had an apologetic expression on his face. After that Nicole shut her trunk then locked all her doors, then they both headed back to the cafeteria going to their own table.