Silence Means Yes

Want to Bet on it ?

[Nicole’s POV]

Wooooaaahhh ! this is just to weird ! I am just giving in, in everything he asks me to. Well is it because of his smile or what ! but I need to get out of his spell before I start to fall for him. So as soon as I came to my senses and shook the thoughts of him in my head I quickly let go from his grip which made him look down at his hand which is not touching mine anymore. Then he quickly looked at me with this, “Hmmm. What? Why?” I quickly looked away and said, “What do you think you are doing? You just dragged me here without my consent? Is this kidnapping or what?” I said loudly to the point where people started staring so I just kept my voice down.

“Okay first of all, earlier you told me that I could do anything that I wanted and so I did. Second of all this is not kidnapping because when I grabbed your hand and rush towards here you said nothing so I took it as a yes. Silence means yes you know. And plus when I asked you what you wanted you told me that you wanted to eat Italian with a smile on your face which means you were not forced here or anything, right?” He said trying to act like a lawyer, trying to prove his rights but I must admit that everything he said was right. I was not dragged here with force since I didn’t say anything and silence does means yes so whatever.

“Fine ! Your right ! So then I’m sorry.” I felt so embarrassed saying that, but what else can I do when I have nothing to say.

“Its okei ! I understand now. before I do something I’ll try telling you first without acting all excited again.” He said nicely and I was shocked that he had this side to him. So maybe I was wrong to judge a book by its cover. “oh look ! we are getting closer.” Jinki said to me and grabbed my shoulder to put me in front of him and I was just there standing left dumbfounded.

“What would you like Ms.?” The chef asked me with a smile holding a pan and a spatula.

“I would like a seafood arrabbiata (spicy seafood pasta).” I said smiling back and then he just said ok and asked me if I was allergic to any of the ingredients. When I said no he said okei and just started cooking with the flames getting bigger showing off. It looked really cool though.

“My turn !” Jinki said with a big smile on his face, he was just right next to me talking to the other chef.

“What would you like mr.?” the chef said and he answered, “Linguine ai Frutti di Mare (similar to seafoof arrabbiata but the noodles are different), please.” He said excitedly as he was watching the chef cook and was waiting for his food.

“That’ll be 8,500 won (~$8.50)” the cashier said and when I was about to pull out my wallet, Jinki stopped and said, “oppa will buy this for you, okei ?” he said as he took out his wallet. And then I remembered that silence means yes.

“Yahhh ! I have my own money and its not like you’re my boyfriend or anything. Oppa ? are you insane or you just want me to barf in your face right now.” I said yelling and was angry when I noticed everybody eyes were on me. then they started whinning and making a fuss over the whole situation saying things like “hurry up !”, “we need to eat too !”, “Not getting any younger here.” And “its not like we have the whole time to wait for you guys, you know.”

“I’m sorry everyone for the trouble we just made but everything is settled now so we’ll get out of the way.” Jinki said calmly and carried the trays towards their table where Kibum, Minho, Jonghyun, and Taemin were waiting. All this while I was shocked with everything realizing this is the second time that he took care of that kind of situation for me, but he should. I mean its because of him that I get all fired up and starts screaming out of nowhere.

“Nicole ? Nicole ? Nicole ? Are you okei ?” I heard a familiar voice in my head. And then I came back to reality and saw everyone staring at me incuding my unnies.

“ohhh ! how did you guys get here?” I asked the unnies mindlessly without realizing whats going on.

“minho and the guys invited us here to talk about the situation that happened Friday night, remember?” Jade unnie said sitting across Minho.

“ahhhh.”

“Yah ! why are you there standing still, like a lost little girl ? come and sit here next to taemin.” Jade unnie added and guided me to my sit.

“are you okei?” taemin asked me as soon as I sat.

“Yea, I just lost myself within my thoughts so yeah, but im okei now don’t worry” I said as I gave him a smile and then Jinki paced my food in front of me and prepared everything from the utensils to the napkin.

“here you go. I hope you eat a lot” he said with a smile on his face and just started eating his noodles eagerly.

“Wait ! Are you guys going out or something ?” Yumi asked out of nowhere.

“No !” we both said in unison and they just replied with an ok !

[Author’s POV]

“So lets talk about, why we’re really here.” Young mi said as everyone stared at her except for Jinki who showed no interests at all.

“Well, I’m just saying that we didn’t mean for it to happen. We were all drunk so liquor got the best of us and just did things mindlessly.” Kibum said as he tried to convince the girls the they didn’t take advantage of them.

“well I guess you are right, as long as we know that you are telling the truth and I knew that you guys were way drunk than us since you guys have been drinking even when we got there.” Yumi said and took a bite of her salad.

“but it will still be rude if we didn’t apologize to you guys.” Jonghyun said as asked Kibum and Minho to stand up with him and apologize. “We are sorry for what happened last Friday night and we will be cautious next time.” They all bowed and said in unison.

“That’s what I wanted to hear. Well just be careful something like this won’t happen again. Its just because we barely met you guys and we already did some intense skinship.” Jade said as he started lecturing the guys, “we’re still girls after all.” Jade added.

“We get your point Jade so, we are very sorry and we promise that it won’t happen again.” Minho said bowing.

“Well then we accept your apology so ne…” Young Mi said as Jade interrupted her, “Wait, hold that thought. I just need to verify this important message that I received.” Jade said as she was so indulge with typing and reading the messages.