Just What I Need

Want to Bet on it ?

[Author’s POV]

Nicole was walking down the stairs and out of the building in minutes just thinking about what just happened and everything that Lee Jonghyun told her, wondering if it were all lies or the truth.

 

[Nicole’s POV]

I need time to get used to the fact that Lee Jonghyun oppa is back. Why now? Why would he say that he fell for me then? Why did he make everything so complicated? So many things are happening today. I wonder why. I should talk to Minhyuk and see what he has to say about this. I’m pretty sure he know more about this than me. I mean they have been living together for the past 5 years, I’m sure oppa told him something.  I grabbed my cellphone in my pocket and dialed his number.

 

*Ring…Ringgg…

 

“Yoboseyo?”Minhyuk answered.

 

“Hey Minhyuk ah. I’m here near the rooftop. Do you mind meeting me somewhere near. I got to ask you a lot of things.” I said still dragging my feet on the floor and just looking at the ground, thinking that answers might pop out.

 

“OK. I’ll go there right now.” Minhyuk said as I felt the urgency in his voice.

 

“Thanks Minhyuk ah,” I said almost restlessly.

 

I hanged up and was still walking. A few minutes later, I heard my name being called by a familiar voice, so then I looked up to see not Minhyuk but Jinki looking distressed over something.

 

“Nicole ah” He kept on repeating as he came near me.

 

“Jinki, what’s wrong? Why do you seem like you’ve been running for a long time?” I asked looking at the sweat on his face.

 

“Because that’s what I’ve been doing the moment Lee Jonghyun grabbed you out of nowhere. I was worried. You looked like you wanted to escape but you couldn’t.” Jinki said as he grabbed my hands.

 

“Everything is fine Jinki. He just had to let out something that has been bothering him for a long time, but now everything is taken care of. You wouldn’t have to worry about that anymore.” I said looking straight to his eyes. It’s weird I didn’t even want to let go of his hands. I felt reassured and protected.

 

“You sure you’re ok? He didn’t hurt you or anything right?” He sad as he started to spin me around and see if I had any bruises on my body then quickly hugged me and held me there. Then I just started crying again.

 

“Hey, its ok. Don’t cry. That will never happen ever again. And if you ever need some back up I’m always here for you. You can always count on me.” He said as he caressed my head and I hugged him tighter burrowing my head further in his chest.

 

“Come on, lets get you something to eat ok. You look so pale and lifeless.” Jinki said as he started guiding me to the parking lot.

 

‘Then I realized I had told Minhyuk to meet somewhere near. Where is he? How come he is not here yet?’

 

“Wait Jinki I just need to talk to someone on the phone real quick.” I said as I grabbed my phone and dialed Minhyuk’s number.

 

“Nicole ah I know what you’re going to say. Where am I and why am I taking so long? Well I saw you and Jinki hyung talking and I didn’t want to interrupt something. And I figured that whatever you have to ask me can wait because what you need right now is someone you can cry onto. You can always cry to me but knowing that I won’t be here physically with you, I think it is better to have Jinki hyun console you. He looked really worried; I’ve never seen him like that with any other girl. I think he is either falling for you or is already in love with you.” Minhyuk said knowing what exactly I was going to ask and what was running on my head. And for a moment I just smiled and thought that I am very lucky to have a friend like him.

 

“OK then I’ll just come by your apartment later with my stuff.” I said quickly and hung up.

 

“So now that you have taken care of that, what are you craving for at this moment?” Jinki said with his arms on my shoulder while wiping the tears on my cheeks that spilled earlier.

 

“I am feeling Beef.” I said as I smiled at him

 

“Korean BBQ it is then.” Jinki declared as he smiled at me and pointed his hands to somewhere far, almost like a captain on a quest.