He's such a Gentleman

Want to Bet on it ?

[Author’s POV]

After what Nicole said they just ate quietly with both of them being extremely uncomfortable with each other’s presence. After they were done eating, both of them took out their wallets to pay the bill but Jinki insisted that girls should never pay when they are in a date with a guy.

 

“But I don’t think that’s right. I am capable of paying for my own meal. And I remembered it was you who also paid for my meal during lunch time.” Nicole argued while holding to her wallet.

 

‘Ah I guess she is not backing down easily. She wants to show me that she is an independent woman and she doesn’t want to be like other women that depend on their men. I see, I see.’ Jinki thought to himself before he gave his response to Nicole.

 

“Well that was lunch and you did take the time to make everyone breakfast, this is something little. Don’t worry, you can pay next time we eat.” Jinki said as he stared at Nicole with a smile as he gave his card to the cashier.

 

“Fine. I guess there is no point in arguing with you since you, you seem to have all the response to my arguments.” Nicole said as she looked away and hid her wallet to her bag.

 

“Let’s go then. I know the best place you can let out everything you have been feeling the past 3 years.” Jinki said as he grabbed her hand and dragged her to his car.

 

“Where are we going Jinki? I still have to get my stuff from my apartment and go to Minhyuk’s place before he leaves for I don’t know how long.” Nicole said as he looked up at Jinki who was staring at her before closing the passenger door.

 

“Don’t worry, it will be really quick. Just so you can feel calm before you return to Seoul.” Jinki said as he smiled at her and then shut the door, leaving Nicole in a daze.

 

Then Jinki took the driver’s seat and Nicole just stared at him wondering where he is going to take her in this hour.

 

“Shall we go then Ms. Nicole? Don’t think about anything for now and just calm down. I will never do anything that will harm you ok.” He said as he smile. ‘Another lie,’ Jinki thought to himself yet again, counting all the lies that he is telling Nicole; feeling somewhat guilty of what he was saying because he knows too well where they will both end up in the end.

[Jinki’s POV]

This is just a game. Don’t think of anything about this. Don’t worry the more she knows about the harsh world of reality, she will forget all about this and move on. After all she was able to move on from what Lee Jonghyun did to her. Man, why am I feeling guilty?

 

[Author’s POV]

Jinki kept having doubts on what he was feeling. It wasn’t right to make her feed her all these words when he is going to dump her in the future when he finale wins the bet.

 

He stared and smiled at her then started the car, heading somewhere where he felt Nicole might be able to let out what has been bothering for years.

 

After a few minutes later they have arrived at the beach and Nicole was just feeling the wind with her palm.

 

“We’re here !” Jinki announced

 

“Why did you bring me here? And it looks like we are very far from Seoul.” Nicole said facing Jinki with her face as calm as the ocean.

 

“Whenever I feel frustrated or was just not in the mood I just go to the beach. It just that the beach here in Korea is far from Seoul. You hear those waves crushing? Don’t they just make you feel comfortable, they crush onto the stone or they get smaller as they come closer and closer to the shore. I felt like my problems were those waves, they hit you hard but then they get smaller and smaller. Not only that but you should let those waves wash away everything you have been holding onto, anything negative because that is just how you get by in life; by letting go and moving on.” Jinki said as he stared at the ocean that seemed endless and held her hand.