Friendship Progress?

Want to Bet on it ?

[Nicole’s POV]

Sighhh… ! Another day at school ! My body is still aching from carrying the unnies ! I also can’t over what Jinki said to me just this Saturday and ever since then he wont stop texting and calling me asking the same question over and over again, “Go out with me, will you?” and its driving me crazy ! I can’t believe we have the same class together, meaning we will see each other one way or the other. But oh well, we got to go on with life right !

[Author’s POV]

Nicole was talking to herself while getting ready for school. Then she just rushed towards the door without eating her breakfast. She got to Seoul University in just 15 minutes and met up with Jade,  Young Mi, Hye Ju, and Yumi.

“Hey unnie !” Nicole waved at them.

“Yah ! Hurry up !” Jade said as she was motioning her to run instead of walking like she was doing a cat walk.

“What is it unnie?” She asked Jade.

“I need to check something on your neck and places that can possibly have a hickey.” Jade said as she was scanning Nicole’s body for any sign of kiss marks.

“Unnie ! Why are you doing this ! I don’t have any, the moment you told me that you had one, I immediately check my body for kiss marks.” She said as she tried to breakaway from Jade’s grip.

“Well that’s just weird ! I called all the girls this Saturday including Hye Ju, who apparently left us for her new boyfriend, and they all said that they also have one in either side of their necks.” Jade said as she was pointing at hers, Young Mi’s, and Yumi’s necks. “Well, excluding Hye Ju who admitted that her skin was by her “’vampire’ boyfriend.”

“And what does that got to do with me ?” Nicole said as she questioned Jade.

“Well since you didn’t have any, you might probably the only one who was in their right mind that night.” Jade said as she looked somehow foolish for making herself look bad in front of the maknae.

“Hmmmm, After you guys went to dance at the dance floor so did I, but then I came back to the table and took a shot of tequila and then Jinki reminded me that you guys were drunk and no one was going to take care of you but me, so I ran to you guys and all I saw was you guys dancing on the pole while the Minho, Key, and Jonghyun were looking at you.” Nicole said as she reminded herself what took place that night.

“Ohhh Danggg ! And I missed all that !” was all that Hye Ju could say at the moment.

“Ahhhh ! I probably looked like a stripper ! What a foolish thing to do.” Young Mi said as she hid herself in her palms.

“Don’t trip over it though, we didn’t know anything ! We were drunk ! But I bet you guys that it was Taemin’s friends who did this ! We ought to talk to them later at lunch!” Young Mi said as the bell rang.

Everyone waved goodbye and promised each other that they will meet in the cafeteria later and confront Minho, Key, and Jonghyun.

[Nicole’s POV]

As usual I sat in the chair that I always sat in, since no one seems to sit here, then did my rituals by taking out my school supplies. As I reached for a pen in my bag, I saw a shadow behind me and that’s when I knew that the annoying, Jinki is going to sit next to me again.

“Can you please sit somewhere else, please ?” I asked him nicely.

“Why, is there someone sitting here ? Did the professor say that we will be having assigned seats ?” He started asking me questions that the answers were apparently “No”.

So I said, “No, but you are bugging me and I’m afraid that its kind of awkward sitting with you after what you told me this Saturday.” I said as I stated my reasons very clearly.

“You started the conversation, so I’m the one who should be saying, ‘You’re the one who’s bugging me’ but since I like you, I’ll let it go.” He said it so confidently that I was so speechless and could not utter a word.

So I just said, “Whatever… Do whatever you like.” I said as the professor started his lecture.

“Really?” Jinki said as he was smiling from ear to ear, but I didn’t bother replying to his question so he just sat there quietly with a smirk on his face.

The whole time in class seemed so slow and I could not focus on what the teacher was saying. It was weird because he really didn’t bug me although I clearly told him that he could do whatever he wanted. Instead I saw him writing notes and was really concentrated on the lecture. Perhaps I gave him the wrong impression. Few minutes later, the class ended and I was ready to meet up with my unnies. When I got outside I heard someone saying, “Come have lunch with us, you can even invite your unnies with you, let’s go ! I’ll even buy you your lunch.” Apparently it was Jinki and before I could even say no he grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the cafeteria. Went pass by my unnies as they all look stunned at what they just saw, and I just replied with a shrugged.

“What do you want? Italian? Japanese? Chinese? Or the classic Korean?” He said with a sweet voice and I just replied with a nod and a smile so he smiled back. Then I quickly snapped out of it and said, “Ohhhh ! I want some Italian pasta.” He turned back and smiled at me so I smiled back.