The last trimester

Love Line Sequel

Super Junior - A Short Journey


Donghae was woken up by surprise when he heard a loud noise from the kitchen. He quickly sat up and was worried when he saw that he was alone in the bed.

“_______!” He shouted for her name as he hurriedly ran out of the room, thinking that something must have happened to his wife when he heard something break earlier.

Donghae was relieved when he saw ______ trying to bend to pick up the broken pieces of the plate that she dropped.

“Sorry.” _______ apologized as she saw Donghae panting, with his heart on his chest, knowing very well that he got scared.

“Step away from that yeobo. You might hurt yourself, just let me do it.” Donghae told ______ as he got the broom and dust pan from under the sink.

_______ sighed, she felt sorry but she just backed away from the mess she made.

“What happened?” Donghae finally asked while he started to clean up.

“I was making you breakfast and as I was setting the table, I was about to put the plates when I felt a contraction.” _______ explained. Donghae was able to clean up quickly and threw the broken pieces into the trash can.

______ was confused when she heard Donghae ask her “Why?”

“What do you mean why?”

“You’re supposed to be on bed rest. There’s food on the fridge that just had to be heated up. You could’ve woken me up or got food delivered.” Donghae replied as he stood in front of her, looking deep into her eyes.

“You came home late from filming last night, I couldn’t just wake you up. I just wanted to cook for you since it’s been a while since I last did that.” ______ answered. Donghae couldn’t help but smile when he saw his wife pout.

“Thank you for that, but I’d like it better if you just relax.” Donghae hugged her and she hugged him back.

“But I’m okay. I don’t overwork myself.” ________ defended herself. Donghae has been keeping a close eye on her, always sacrificing and volunteering himself to do things for her when she could still do it herself.

The two just left their conversation like that. Donghae finished setting up the table while ______ just sat on the chair with her arms over her chest, not happy about not finishing what she wanted to do. Donghae definitely had high standards when it came to _______’s health, he said ‘No’ to almost every little thing that she wanted to do on her spare time.

“I want to go to the SBS today.” _______ suddenly told Donghae.

“No.” He absent-mindedly answered.

“Why not?! The girls are there ready to make their comeback stage and I just want to be there to support them.” ________ was annoyed.

“Okay fine.” Donghae replied coolly

“Really??” She asked skeptically, doubting Donghae’s sudden change of decision.

“Yeah. I’ll just find a wheelchair for you first.” Donghae said as he looked at his wife across the table.

“WHAT?! Why??”

“I’ll push you around. It’s going to be bad for you if you keep walking at long distances.”

“Aish! You’re so overprotective!” _______ sighed and got her phone out, ready to tattle-tail on her husband.

“Gahee unnie. Donghae’s not letting me go out…I just wanted to see you guys today and cheer you on for the comeback. Wait…what? You’re agreeing with him?? Unnie!” ______ was shocked that her unnie was siding on Donghae’s side. _______ looked at Donghae when she heard him snicker.

“But…unnie…fine fine.” ______ was whining before she passed on the phone to Donghae.

“She wants to talk to you.” She informed Donghae. This time, Donghae was not a bit worried about talking to his Gahee noona. He knew that they were on the same page.

“Yeah noona? Of course. Araso. We’ll just watch you on tv. Hwaiting!” 

“What did she tell you?”

“She said that I did a good job. You just have the best husband and I have a stubborn wife.”

______ rolled her eyes at his playful ways.

 

The two ended up cuddling in the bed later that day, waiting for _______’s group to go on tv.

“Yeobo…” Donghae cooed as he ______’s hair with one hand while his other arm was wrapped around her body and his palm rested on her belly.

“Hmmm...?”

“Your third trimester is almost over and we haven’t even thought of names yet.”

“Well I remember you saying a couple of names that you would want to name our baby before. What were they?”

“Yeah. I once thought of baby names for my future son, I thought of Tian Kong (Sky), Hai Yang (Ocean) or Yun Duo (Cloud).” Donghae said with a smile on his face as he recalled the names he liked. He couldn’t believe that he was about to meet his son in a few weeks. Donghae was surprised when he heard ______ burst into fits of giggle.

“Ya, what are you laughing at?” Donghae asked curiously.

“Well, I think I like Hai Yang, since it’s much related to your name. But I’m sorry oppa, the other two sounded more Chinese. I mean, what if our son becomes an artist and then he has to change his screen name cause the other two sounds…well different and kinda funny.” _______ replied making Donghae laugh a bit as well.

“How about you? What names have you thought of before?” Donghae asked back.

“Well…I actually thought of your English name since it sounded good. Hai Yang-ah…Aiden-ah, come to omma…”  _______ smiled as she practiced calling out for their future son. Donghae’s heart jumped in joy when he suddenly heard ______. He was getting excited, he already imagined running after his son with his wife.

“Do you wanna have a bet?” _______ suddenly proposed which kind of surprised Donghae.

“A bet about what?”

“To see which word he’ll say out first, omma or appa?” _______ told Donghae as she slightly sat up since she was getting uncomfortable in her previous position. Donghae slightly guided her body as she lay back against the headboard of their bed.

Donghae then quickly laid his head on ______’s lap as soon as he saw she got comfortable in her new spot.

Now it was ________’s hand brushing Donghae’s hair away from his face as he placed his head near her belly.

“Remember little boy. If you say ‘Appa’ out loud first, I’ll…” Donghae was talking to his baby when _______ interrupted him.

“Ya, you can’t bribe him this early.” _______ said as she laughed at Donghae’s playful ways. Donghae laughed and then just softly sang to his baby.

“Oppa…” ______ softly called out after he stopped singing.

“Yes yeobo?” Donghae looked up at her.

“You’ll be here when I give birth, right? You don’t have any filming or any schedules?” _______ asked a bit cautiously. They’ve been preparing for the birth of child and sometimes Donghae couldn’t be with her since he still had schedules. She has this fear that Donghae might have a prior appointment that he wouldn’t be able to be there when she finally goes into labor.

“I’ll be with you from the start yeobo. I already filed my leave of absence starting next week.” Donghae assured his wife as got her hand and planted a kiss on it.

 

- 2 weeks later -

 

Donghae woke up earlier than usual to set up a surprise for _______. He sneakily and quietly climbed off the bed, being extra careful so he wouldn’t wake up his wife. He hurriedly placed on his hoodie, he got his toolbox and before he went out the door, he left a note for his wife just in case she woke up.

 

‘Just fixing something. Will be back in a bit.’

 

Donghae went down to go to their car. He opened the trunk of the car and got the box from inside. He then went towards the back seat and sat comfortably as he got what was inside the box. With a smile on his face, Donghae started to install the baby seat, securing it in its place. He was proud of his work as he finished fixing the baby seat in just under 20 minutes.

Donghae excitedly walked back up to their apartment, eager to tell and show ________ what he did.

Donghae opened the door to their bedroom was surprised when _______ wasn’t lying in their bed anymore. ‘She must’ve woken up.’ Donghae thought. Donghae checked the bathroom and his wife wasn’t there. “_______...” he finally called out for her name as he stepped out of the bedroom and started walking towards the nursery room. He saw the door to the nursery room was slightly ajar. Donghae then opened the door fully and the smile on his face turned into a deeply troubled expression. He saw drops of blood on the floor that led to _______’s motionless body on the ground.

He screamed out her name and he dropped down on to his knees next to her unconscious body.

“No no no…______ you can’t do this to me. You promised!” Donghae was losing it. Tears immediately streamed down his face when ________ didn’t respond to him.  He felt the blood that was smearing down from ________’s thighs. With all his strength and adrenaline, Donghae picked up _______’s body and rushed out the door.



 

*Wasn't able to proofread, so sorry for the errors/typos T_T

Will your questions be answered in the next chapter?...maybe?

Thanks to celine_neji for the trivia about Donghae’s thoughts on baby names ^_~

Oh and just in case, which name do you guys like the best?

**Should I end the story after the pregnancy? (I’m not giving anything away about the pregnancy though so…^_~)  Or try to extend it til Donghae enlists but that would be just 2-3 quick chapters then it’ll be life after he comes back. 

***One more thing, Please read my latest blog post. It's a survey about a future story that I was thinking of writing next. Tell me what you think. Your opinions would be appreciated ^_^

Tell me what you think, tweet me at : twitter.com/nisrandom

~Comment Replies~

 

SkyBlueCloud: We will see...you just have to wait to find out ^_~
QieYue19: hmmm...I'll try to give you a guys all a good read.
KFiShYL: Poor me -_- haha 'Please dont make the ending really sad....' Okay not really sad...just sad, okay? I'm kidding ^_~
mingming: . . .let's just wait and see. . . ;) 
ColaSmackles: Donghae will be okay in the end, don't worry. ^_^
JjongIsMyBias: I don't know how to respond to that. haha but the drama in here is such a soap-opera scene hahaha. 
eunhyukmylover: Yup, the baby stayed. Hope you like this update ^_~ 
ezralaine: maybe..maybe not. We'll see...^_^
randomrainbow: Here's your update! ^_^
alj1225: Oh hi!! haha yeah due to popular demand ^_^ 
shinyiuhan: the baby...the girl...donghae T_T
AngelHae: awww...yeah >.<
celine_neji: Well, maybe the next chapter will answer your questions. :) but until then...i leave you with his update ^_~ yay for lovey dovey scenes.
gabbygarcia_214: Here's your update ^_^ yeah..they are close to an almost perfect family..
ilovefishy: Same sweet & sad chapter for this one.
seventeen: Yay for sweet moments! ^_^ 
lilrockstar: Yeah, Donghae's really sweet and caring here.
yesungie: hmmm..maybe, maybe not? ;) well this wasn't a sad chapter...until the last part. haha 
nimsaengho: yup keep the faith ^_~ hope you like this update.
adriana04: Donghae is overprotective in being careful. ^_^  hmm..we'll see.
gabie_16: yeah ^_^ *dreamy sigh*
cupidzangel: Yup, like all they need is their love and each other ^_^
eunhaecupcake: aww...I'm sorry to hear that. I feel apologetic that my story reminded me of what happened to you :(