Help From A Little Girl

Meet The Tough Girl

A few minutes later,he caught up with me.

"Ppali ppali! "I commanded him. He pouted at me while I tapped my foot impatiently and gave him a threatening stare.

He sighed and quickly grab the drinks he want. The amount of drinks he got was a lot and he took different varieties of drinks. From grape,orange,passion fruit to apple. I gaped at the amount of drinks he took. He saw my expression and laughed.

I pointed to the drinks and commented,"Wow, that's a lot of juices there, are you having a party in your house or something?"

"Huh? No I don't...These are enough for my frineds and me to drink for a week, I guess..."

He combed through his hair with his fingers and replied with a short laugh at the end.

"Oh, you guys sure have big appetites to finish all this in a week." I nodded in understanding.

He awkwardly coughed when I said 'big appetites' and tried to direct my attention to somewhere else.

"I'm done now! Let's separate our stuff now so that we don't mess up later when we pay."

He managed to distract me as I started taking out my bottles of orange juice from his cart.

When my hand reached out to grab the last bottle, the back of our hands coincidentally brushed against each other when he reached out his hand too to help me and it felt like I just got zapped by some kind of electric.I quickly retracted my hand and convinced myself it was just some electrostatic charges, it happens all the time.

However, my fastly beating heart seemed to disagree with me. I ignored my fast beating heart and just let him help me take it.

A bit worried if he had saw me acting weird, I took a peek and sighed in relief when he didn't seem to notice anything.

When he was done, I cleared my throat and muttered,"Thanks." 

He gave me a cute smile in return that almost made me blush, which I was grateful that I didn't. Who knows if he will tease me?

I didn't say anything and just pull my cart advancing towards the cashier counter.

Because it's still early, there isn't much people at the cashier. I lined up at the cashier counter and waited patiently for my turn.

I didn't bother to check on the guy and tapped my foot on the ground with rtyhm. 

A few minutes later, it was finally my turn. The owner of the supermarket smiled brightly when she saw me.

"~~~~-ah!" She greeted me.

"Annyeong, ahjumma!" I waved at her with a same huge smile plastered on my face.

"Here to buy ingredients for dinner later?" She asked while ringing up my stuff.

 "Yeap!" I answered.

"That's a lot of stuff here! Are you organizing a party? Care to invite this old lady here?" She grinned.

"I'm cooking dinner for my new friends I met at school today." I replied and giggled at how cute she is.

"Oh, that reminds me! It's your first day of school today right? How was it darling?"

"It was fine. I almost got late to school today, you know." I laughed.

"Aigoo, careful next time." She ruffled my hair and told me the total price of the groceries when she was done.

I took out the money from my wallet and paid her.

She gave me back the change and I put it inside my wallet.

I didn't leave just yet and gathered all the plastic bags in my hands. Holding all the bags in two hands, I tried to come up a plan to get my phone back without letting the guy to really follow me for the whole day. I have to cook and I'm not going out anymore. There's no way I'm bringing him home, I don't even know him well, heck, I've no idea what is his name!

Being engrossed in my own thoughts, I didn't notice him unlocking my phone and keying something into it. I continued thinking and I finally came up with a plan. 

"Yes!" I fist pumped towards the sky.

When I turned around to look at him, he immediately stuff my phone back into his pocket and flashed me a sheepish grin.

I grinned back at him even though in my mind I was suspicous of what he was doing earlier since he was acting a bit funnily but I didn't bother to think too much.

"Haha..." I forced a laugh as I thought of a way to make my plan work. He raised his eyebrows and said nothing.

I moved back to the counter and asked ahjumma if I can put the bags there for a while. When ahjumma said yes, I smiled gratefully at her and moved back to face him.

"If you don't mind, can you wait here while I go to the washroom?" I came up with an excuse to leave him here.

"Sure!" He nodded his head.

"Thanks!" I said and walked off.

I jogged around the supermarket to look for a small kid. Yeap, my plan was to find a kid and ask for his or her help to get my phone back.

I originally wanted to cover my face and just snatched the phone from him but I would get caught easily by him. I didn't want to risk it so I gave up on that plan.

"Cute kid...kid...where are you?" I muttered to myself while I jogged around looking for a cute kid.

'A cute kid would make the guy lower down his guard,' I thought, since I can't resist a cute kid too.

"Eomma~ Eomma~ Buy this sweet for me please~" A kid's cute voice came from the back of me.

I turned around immediately and my mouth broke into a huge grin as I mentally cheered in my head.

'Who knows it's so easy to find a cute kid!' I thought while grinning.

The little girl was begging her mom to buy her sweets and her mom said no which made the little girl pout.

I stayed put behind the row of shelf and waited for a chance to talk to the little girl.

When her mom moved foward and the girl stayed at where she is holding the packet of sweets in her small hands, I walked to her and patted her head.

She lifted up her head with her big doll-like eyes staring up at me. I gave her the brightest smile I could make.

"Annyeong~" I squatted down to her height and waved at her.

"Annyeong..." She said back shyly.

"Aigoo, you're so cute! Why is a cute girl like you being sad?" I couldn't stop myself and pinched her cheeks.

"Eomma wouldn't buy me my favourite sweets..." She raised up her packet of sweets to show me.

Her voice trembled a bit and she wiped her eyes with her tiny hands as though she is crying.

"Oh...Eonnie has a favour to ask of you, would you help eonnie? If you do well, eonnie will buy this sweet for you, okay?" I tried to sound cheery to stop her from crying and asked her for help.

"Really? You would buy it for me if I help you?" She sounded so happy that I nodded my head to convince her.

"Okay! Let me tell eomma first!" She ran to her mom with me trailing behind.

When I reached to her side, she seemed to have told everything to her mom and her mom was looking at me.

I gave her mom a small smile and slightly bow at her.

"Eomma, can I help eonnie?" The little girl asked her mom for permission.

"Ahjumma, I'm just going to borrow her for a while, I'll bring her back to you when I'm done. Is it okay to borrow her?" I asked her mom politely.

"Sure! Alice, behave and listen to eonnie, okay?" She agreed and told Alice, the little girl's name-which I've just found out thanks to her mom; to behave.

Alice nodded her head with much excitement and skipped to my side.

"Bring her to the fruits section will you..." She paused.

"Kate, my name is Kate." I introduced myself.

"Ah, yes, Kate, bring her there when you're done, will you?" She told me where to find her.

"Yes, I'll do that. Alice, say bye to your mom~" I held Alice's hand and waved at her mom.

"Bye eomma~ See you later, I'll miss you eomma!" She blew a kiss to her mom and her mom chuckled.

I laughed since it was such a cute interaction.

When her mom went away, I started moving towards to where the guy who has my phone is.

On the way there, I explained to Alice what she is supposed to do for me.

"Okay, this is what you're going to do for me. Later, I'll point to you an oppa and you'll ask him for a phone to borrow. The phone you're supposed to borrow is the one with red casing. If the oppa gives you another one, ask for the one that is red. Get it?" I asked if she understands.

"Why do I need to borrow phone from that oppa?" She asked in confusion.

"Because that oppa took eonnie's phone and eonnie can't get it back. That's why eonnie is asking for Alice's help~ Alice can do it for eonnie right since eonnie is such a brave girl." I cooed.

"Yeap~ I'm a brave girl! But what should I say when I want to borrow the phone?" She told me.

"Just tell him you're separated from your mom and you want to borrow a phone to call her. Oh! One more thing, when you get the phone, tell him you need privacy and make him turn around. The moment he turns around, you run to eonnie, with the phone okay? Do you understand or do you want me to explain again?" I double checked with her since she's still a small kid; it'll be too much to take in at one time.

"Ah...I'm supposed to borrow the phone from oppa and give it to eonnie without the oppa knowing?" She was blanked for a few seconds and then she understood what she is supposed to do.

"Aigoo, our Alice is so smart! Okay, let's go and find oppa!" I ruffled her hair and moved on with her small hands in mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Okay~ I'll stop until here for this chapter! Next chapter will have his POV and hopefully will be around the same length like this chapter. I don't want to make it too long. Sorry if I'm dragging the story too long! Tell me if you want my chapters to be longer or something like this chapter would be nice! Don't hesitate to tell me in your comments~ -Sandyrain 3/8/2014 XOXO