Echo

Secret Love of Unbreakable Warrior

"Echo echo echo echo, your voice keeps bothering me like an echo echo echo in my mind. I tried so hard to block it but it's like an echo echo echo echo. It wasn't meant for me so why am I acting like a fool and it's like an echo echo echo in my brain, It sounds as if you're talking to me, now I am beginning to like you."-Girls' Generation "Echo"


The next day Daehyun was already by my bedside, waiting for me to wake up.

"Good morning," Daehyun said politely.

"Hey," I said.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Fine," I said. My headache is gone. Then he touched my forehead.

"Your fever is gone, how's your head?" He asked.

"Fine," I repeated.

"So do you think you can make it to school today?" Daehyun asked.

"But I still feell sleepy," I said.

"It's the after effect of the medicine, it will wear off soon," Daehyun explained.

"Okay," I got up and went to the bathroom to wash up and got dressed. We quickly ate breakfast and got to the limo. He opened the door for me I got in.

"You can sleep for now, I will call you when we get there," Daehyun said and I rest my head on his shoulder. After a while Daehyun woke me up.

"Heaven, let's go," he said.

"Okay," I said and step out the door.

"Thanks for taking care of me yesterday," I said.

"No problem, I was suppose to make sure you are fine," Daehyun replied.

"Are you warm enough?" He asked me when I sneezed.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, trying to act strong. But of course Daehyun did not buy it, he strugged off his coat and put it on me.

"It's cold today, so you should wear more," Daehyun said.

"Thanks," I said. I usually hate being taken care of, especially by a guy. Because that shows how weak and dependent I am and in the past few years I have tried to be more independent than any other teenage girls in this world. But with Daehyun, I actually like that he is taking good care of me. When Daehyun took care of me, I feel like I don't have to that independent anymore, that I can trust him. I can stop being the mature one and be like a kid for a while. I feel like a heavy weight is off my shoulder when I know Daehyun is here to take care of me. I stared at Daehyun and studied him while we were walking. Daehyun suddenly looked at me and caught me off guard.

"What are you looking at?" Daehyun asked.

"N-nothing......." I replied and stumbled. I look down embarrassingly and he smiled. When we got inside, I shrugged off his coat and put it on him.

"You should take care of your health too and not just worry about mine," I said after putting the coat on him and he grinned.

"Aigoo, how nice of you," He said.

"Thank you," I said. He patted my head and we went to class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I walked outside, glad that the sun has peek out of the clouds. I texted Daehyun as I walked and without noticing I dropped my books.

"Aish," I sighed and bent over to get my books. A hand reached for my book and pick it up. I lift my head.

"Here you go," Yongguk said and handed me the book. I took it from him.

"Thanks," I said.

"So....... Are you feeling better?" Yongguk asked hesitately.

"Yeah," I said and we remained silent for a while.

"Thank you, for yesterday," I said after a while.

"You already thanked me yesterday," Yongguk marked and we both smiled.

"Oh really? I must have forgot about it," I said shyly.

"Do you....... by any chance...... remember what I told you yesterday?" Yongguk asked hesitately. I blushed.

"Um...... Yeah," I answered. We remained silent for a while.

"Heaven......" Yongguk started.

"Huh?" I said.

"Look, the reason I like you is because you are normal, you are not those 'down-to-earth girl' that other girls pretend themselves to be, or those girls who try to prefect themselves around boys, you are just you. You don't pretend that you are the 'different from everyone else' girl or the special one. And that's why I really like about you and that's the reason I fell in love with you," Yongguk said. I looked down, flattered. No guys has really complimented me like that. Other guys would always tell me how pretty I looked or how nice my personality is. I have heard it all, since countless guys that I only seen once in my whole entire life just suddenly came to me and said those things. Of course, it is self explanatory. They want something from me, so they can make up all those pretty but pathetic lies. What Yongguk just told me is something different, something fresh unlike those useless phrases that other guys told me over and over again. I don't know what to do this time.

"I like you, Heaven. How....... do you..... feel about.... me?" Yongguk trailed off.

"I......." I mumbled. Honestly I can't answer this question.

"Just tell me," Yongguk said. I have an answer in my mind, but I don't know if I should tell him.

"You want to know........ if I will say yes or no?" I asked.

"Yeah," Yongguk said. I hesitated.

"Come on, Heaven, just tell me how you feel," Yongguk said.

"Then........ No," I finally said my answer. Yongguk seems taken aback.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because, I don't know you well enough, and I don't know if you will treat me well," I said.

"How can you tell if I will or won't treat you well enough?" Yongguk asked.

"That is for you to find out, until then, I would have to say no," I said.

"Okay," Yongguk said and turned to leave.

"Yongguk....." I called and he turned around.

"Thanks for the things you said about me, that was different from what I usually hear," I said and he smiled and walked away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whenever I heard a crowd of girls chattering, I would always look up and find Yongguk there. I looked at him from the distance and the words he said to me would echo in my mind. He looks fine and continued to enjoy the attention he get from those squealing girls. Has he already forgotten what happened? Has he given up on me, thinking I was too much of a challenge? Usually when I turn down guys, they think I am too much of a challenge and pretended that they never confessed to me and I never turned them down. Usually I don't care if they come to me anymore or just simply give up, but Yongguk's voices seems to be echoing in my mind. I want it to go away, but it never did. I would always hear him or notice him when he is near me. He never looked in my direction and continued have girls following and fawning over him. When I hear or see the crowd of girls, I would just simply leave without another glance at Yongguk. If I actually liked him, I wouldn't have turn him down right? And since he has probably given up on me, so it is useless to care what he is doing now. But images of him and the words of him would pop up in my mind. Days passed, or even weeks passed, I still don't know who is Bang Yongguk is. As time passed, I slowly learned to ignore him.

As usual, I would walk around the school when the weather is nice. I love the sun shining over me, it makes me happy and cheers me up. I had learned to ignore Bang Yongguk and never looked in his direction again. But today for some reason when I hear the crowd of girls I looked up and found him helping a girl who fell back up to her feet. He was also being really friendly to the group of girls who kept following him. He never really talks to those girls, but he was being very friendly and kind towards them. Is that really Bang Yongguk? I questioned myself. This side of him is so friendly and warm......... He is actually being kind to the people who annoys him the most. I can never do that. Why...... is he being like this? Then Yongguk looked at me and give me a really bright and warm smile that I have never seen him in. His images, his voice, his words all echo in my mind again.


Annyeong~~ As I mentioned in the previous chapter that this chapter will be a Yongguk and Heaven chapter!! Did you all liked it? XD And I can't thank you all enough for subscribing and commenting on my stories!! It gives strength and energy to update my fanfic as soon as possible~ Gomawo!! Expect more B.A.P members to come out in the future chapters!