It's Cold

Secret Love of Unbreakable Warrior

"My love is so cold. My heart shivers, you can't leave. If all if the good memories freeze, and if they can't be erased, if they don't melt, what do I do?"-Song Jieun "It's Cold" (Take Care Of Us, Captain OST)


The cold wind accompanied me while I walked slowly. The coldness came to me as I take every step. Tiny raindrops fell gently onto the ground. One by one, the empty road I walked on were covered in water. I did not care about my frozen fingers, my trembling body, my shaky hands. It's cold. My heart is cold.

I slowly marched up to my house. My trembling fingers touched the cold doorknob and I turned it. I came into the house. Daehyun walked up to me like he always did when I come home after he did.

"Heaven? Why are you all wet?" Daehyun asked. I take a look at myself and found myself drenched in rain.

"Oh," I mumbled.

"Is everything alright?" He asked. My face was expressionless.

"No," I mumbled.

"What happened?" Daehyun asked, worried.

"Yongguk........" I began. I did not know how to continue. Next thing I knew I was panting and shivering.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"H-He.........." I stuttered. I find myself breathing faster and faster. My shaky legs couldn't support me anymore and I collapsed onto the ground. Daehyun was shocked and helped me up. But my legs wouldn't allow me to and I just realized I had walked all the way from the hospital to here in such a cold weather. My legs feels numb and sore and I remained where I was.

"What's the matter?" Daehyun asked anxiously, getting more and more worried by the minute. I wanted to say something, but my voice did not come to me. Daehyun put his arms around my neck and another arm around my legs and lift me up. He carried me to my bedroom and set me down on the bed. Daehyun covered me up with a blanket and sit down next to me, he put his hand on my forehead and pursed his lips.

"You have a fever again like last time," he said.

"Better or worse than last time?" I whispered.

"Worse," Daehyun said after a while. I always get sick or have fevers often ever since I was little. But this time I feel a lot worse, maybe because my heart catched a cold too? Then he brought some warm water for me and I gulped it down without hesitation and lay down on the pillow. Daehyun ran his finger through my cheek and my hair gently without saying anything for a while.

"Why are you doing this to yourself, Heaven?" Daehyun suddenly asked. My brows furrowed, not understanding what he said.

"Huh?" I said.

"Why did you do it?" He questioned.

"What are you talking about?" I whispered.

"Why did you walk all the way from the hospital in rain? Why didn't you answer any of my calls? Don't you know how worried I was? How worried I was when I saw you collapse on the floor awhile ago?" Daehyun said in a hushed tone, his brows furrowed.

"I didn't mean to......." I said.

"Can't you think for yourself? Be a little bit more careful with yourself instead of having people worry about you," he continued.

"But you don't know-" I argued.

"Maybe you are not concerned about yourself, but can't you at least think for other people that cares about you?" Daehyun continued.

"I was-" I started.

"Do you ever think about how other people who cares about you will think when they see you injured or sick all the time?" Daehyun asked.

"I..........." I trailed off. I don't know what to say.  Daehyun was difficult to understand. He scolded me and while my hair gently. It was hard to tell if he is mad or not. But he was right. I wasn't thinking for myself, my head was thinking about Yongguk all the time. The thought of Yongguk had reminded me the scene I saw today, and tears came down my cheek uncontrollably. Daehyun panicked.

"H-Heaven, I am sorry......." He said.

"No, it's not that," I said quietly.

"What happened today?" Daehyun asked finally. I didn't answer.

"No matter what happens I will always be there for you," Daehyun said and I looked at him, tears continued to pour out of my eyes. Daehyun put his arms around me and wiped my tears away.

"Uhm........ I-I went to the hospital today......... And I saw Yongguk there........" I trailed off. Yongguk's name is just too painful to say.

"And?" Daehyun encouraged me to continued.

"I heard their conversation........ And his ex girlfriend wanted him back........." I continued.

"And then they..........." I choked. It was hard to continue and I coughed. Daehyun brought me a glass of water and I gulped it down slowly.

"They?........." Daehyun asked.

"They kissed," I said. My words were almost impossible to hear. Tears would not stop pouring out my eyes. It is just to painful to think about it. Daehyun sat closer to me and hug me close to him.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"I don't even know why am I trying to tell myself that nothing happened........ I know this day is going to come......." I said slowly. Daehyun looked at me with hurted expression and he tucked my head under his chin. I lie my head against his chest.

"Don't cry," Daehyun said and gently wiped my tears away.

"I can't......" I said.

"I know it hurts a lot," he whispered and hugged me tightly.

"What do I do?......" I whispered.

"Don't worry about anything for now, just sleep," he said softly.

"Don't leave, please," I said without realizing it. For some reason I wanted Daehyun to be here with me 24/7.

"I won't, go to sleep now," he said. I closed my eyes, my head still leaned against him and his arms still wrapped around me, he rocked me gently to sleep.

"Daehyun?" I said.

"Yeah?" He said gently.

"Do you think I am stupid?" I asked.

"No, why?" He asked.

"I already know that someday this would happen, yet I don't want to believe it," I said.

"You are not stupid, you are simply in love," Daehyun said.

"Huh?" I mumbled.

"Love make people do things that they thought they will never do, it's just love," he said.

"Were you ever in love?" I asked.

"You ask too much," Daehyun told me with a smile.

"Were you ever in a relationship before?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"Just sleep, Heaven," he whispered into my ear and my hair. I followed what he told me and I fell asleep.

I walked slowly towards the bright light, as I get closer and closer a figure appeared. He opened his arms wide and welcomed me with beautiful smile. I ran towards him and he wrapped his arms around me softly. The soft wind blew as he caress me. I tip-toed and reached for his face and he greeted me with a kiss. He showed me his gummy smile as we locked our fingers together. It all had seem so real. So unbelieveability real.

I let out a small gasp. I realized it was just a dream. It was only a dream. I feel the unpleasant feeling of my body burning up and my throats dry.

"Hey," Daehyun said. I didn't answer.

"Heaven, are you okay?" He asked. I was not okay. I feel like I have been set on fire, hit by a ton of bricks on the head, and almost starved to death. It was the worst feeling in the world.

"This is not good," I hear Daehyun murmured. What is not good? Then I feel Daehyun leaving me. Where is he going? I do not feel his arms around me anymore. I panicked. Where is Daehyun? I need him here.........

"Don't go!!" I managed to choke out those words. I hear no response.

"Daehyun!!!" I yelled louder.

"What's wrong Heaven?" Daehyun peeked his head in.

"My head........ It hurts a lot......." I groaned. Daehyun came to my bedside. He pushed my hair back and put his hand on my forehead.

"Your fever is still here," he pursed his lips. Daehyun went to the washroom and got a cool damp cloth and he run it over my skin. It felt much better but my head still hurts a lot. He approached me with some medicine. No matter how much I despise them, I let Daehyun pop them into my mouth and wash it down with water.

"Do you feel better now?" Daehyun asked.

"Yeah," I sighed. He came over and tucked my head under his chin like what he had done and hugged me.

"You will have to stay at home for at least 1 week," Daehyun told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"You are really sick this time, so it would be better if you stay home and rest," he said.

"Oh......." I said, disappointed. That means that I will be at home, all bored and lonely. No Daehyun here to take care of me.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"You won't be here with me then right?" I asked.

"Why? Do you want me here with you?" He asked and I nodded. Then he flashed his smile.

"I will be here with you all week, don't worry," Daehyun said.

"Pinky promise?" I asked and held out my pinky.

"I promise," he smiled and held out his pinky and we shook on it.

"Go back to sleep now, I'll be here if you need anything," Daehyun said. Usually I hated to have people taking care of me 24/7, but this time I wished Daehyun would never leave my side, also he distracts and makes me forget about Yongguk. Even though I can still feel the pain, but I was glad that Daehyun is here to distract me from all those pain and he is here to take care of me. For once in my life I know I can really trust a person who started out as the boy who saved my life that night and now my best friend who had been through everything with me thick and thin. Now I trusted Jung Daehyun with all my life.

 


Annyeong!! I finally had the chance to finish writing this chapter today and here it is! I have been extremely busy and thank you all for your patience~ Thanks to all who enjoyed reading this fanfic! I will continue to update as soon as possible~

Oh, by the way, I have a question for you guys!
I will assure you that the story is not going to end anytime soon, but I usually think WAYYYYYY ahead and I wanted to hear your opinions :D
Would you readers want a sequel to this story or a "remake" of this story? When I mean by "remake" I mean telling this story from another character from this story's point of view (like telling this story from Daehyun's view, Himchan's view, Yongguk's view...etc.) Again this story will not end anytime soon, and I will not start any other stories until I finish this one but I just want to know what you guys think so please leave your opinions!