Reality

Sovereignty

Enjoy everyone! :D
I actually kinda love this chapter so I hope everyone likes it!

There is a drawing ive done that goes with part of this chapter but it isnt finished yet TT^TT
So ill post that just as soon as its finished :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Heechul made himself comfortable in the living room shortly after closing the door to Kyuhyun’s bedroom so he and Leeteuk could talk without disturbing the younger demon. Leeteuk was standing in the kitchen, leaning against one of the! counters, as he made himself a cup of coffee.
“You said you had to watch him destroy himself twice before…” Leeteuk mumbled after pouring the water. “Why twice?” he asked and Heechul sighed.
“The first time was not long after his mother was killed… when his depression started and he first moved into the palace with us. I was just getting to know him and he had just started speaking to me, one afternoon when I went into his bedroom he wasn’t there, but there was blood on the floor. I followed the blood to his bathroom where I found him laying in the bath. He’d cut both of his wrists and just left himself to bleed to death. It pretty much went on for a while. Father was too busy dealing with ‘official business’ so it was left to me to look after him, a fourteen year old taking care of a suicidal nine year old. It wasn’t the ideal childhood but we got through it, together, as we do everything.”
“Wow… he told me he tried to kill himself when he was nine but I didn’t think he was serious about it” Leeteuk said as he grabbed his coffee and made his way to the sofa.

“The thing with Kyuhyun is he isn’t as strong as people expect him to be, or as strong as he thinks he is. He might be tough when the situation calls for it but his heart is like that of a child. As long as he is happy and has something to focus his mind on most people wouldn’t even know he has depression, but at the same time the slightest knock can send him on a downward spiral.”
“What was the second time?” Leeteuk asked and Heechul let out a small hollow laugh.
“His first boyfriend… it started well. His name was Donghae, he was a vampire, they met when Kyuhyun was around fourteen.  I hadn’t seen him smile for so long so I was happy when I met Donghae. They started dating just after Kyuhyun’s fifteenth birthday and moved in together a year later. Our father wasn’t happy about it, he thought Kyuhyun was too young, and he didn’t approve of Donghae being a vampire. They got a small house just outside the palace walls so Kyuhyun was still close to home. They had a friend, Hyukjae, he was a shape shifter… he was an , liked to shift into a dog and chase me” Heechul scowled at Leeteuk, who was sat trying to hide his amusement. “I don’t like dogs alright! Can you blame me?” he asked sarcastically as he waved his tail around. Leeteuk smiled and nodded.
“Im sorry, I just didn’t expect you to be scared of anything…. Please, continue”
Heechul hissed playfully at Leeteuk before continuing.

“As I was saying, Donghae and Hyukjae were best friends and I know for a fact Hyukjae never really liked Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun left early one night when we were having a meeting at the palace, as an heir to the throne he had to attend, despite how young he was. We didn’t see him for the rest of the night. I was sitting in my bedroom when he walked in. He was shaking, crying and he was covered in blood, I was sat with him for around half an hour just trying to calm him down and get him to speak to me but he wouldn’t… then the palace was alerted to smoke rising from behind the walls. Kyuhyun and Donghae’s house was on fire, but it wasn’t until three days later that he actually said something; he told me everything that had happened. He got home from the meeting to find Donghae and Hyukjae in bed together… the son of a had been cheating on Kyuhyun for weeks. He snapped Donghae’s neck to knock him out, tied Hyukjae to a chair and bound Donghae to the bed with silver chains.  Apparently Donghae was terrified” Heechul laughed “Serves him right. Kyuhyun drank from Hyukjae, draining him within an inch of his life before he untied him and held him in front of Donghae. Vampires can’t resist blood, it doesn’t matter how long it has been since they’ve fed, it’s their instinct and Kyuhyun used it to his advantage, leaving Donghae to drink the last of Hyukjae’s blood…. I can guarantee it was a slow painful death for Hyukjae, which is what he deserved. Kyuhyun set fire to their house, leaving Donghae inside to burn… Now that I think about it, Kyuhyun can be really twisted when he wants to be… but don’t worry Leeteuk, don’t cheat on him and im sure you’ll be fine” Heechul smirked upon seeing the look of worry on Leeteuk’s face.

“Is this you trying to scare me away?” Leeteuk asked and Heechul shrugged “because it didn’t work. Kyuhyun’s a demon; I know what demons can be like. I have no plans of cheating on him, or hurting him for that matter”
“Good” Heechul grinned as he stood from the sofa and walked through to the kitchen. “Because I like you, you made my brother the happiest I’ve ever seen him. It’s a little scary to see him smile so much if im honest, but im happy about it. But I promise you this… if you hurt him, I will kill you” he smiled sweetly and Leeteuk nodded in understanding.
“Like I said, I have no plans for that”
“Good, I do not wish to see my brother that broken again. So it would be in everybody’s best interests for you to keep him safe and happy”
 

***

Kyuhyun awoke a few hours later with a pounding headache and a dull ache in his side. Sitting up carefully in bed he blinked a couple of times to adjust his eyes before they captured a small amount of light coming from underneath his bedroom door.
’Heechul’s still here?’ he asked himself as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, sitting there for a moment as a wave of dizziness washed over him. He looked down at his t-shirt, frowning when his eyes set upon a hole in the side and the large bloodstain that surrounded it. He got out of bed and used the wall as support as he walked to his closet and grabbed a change of clothes, being careful of the bandage around his torso as he pulled off his t-shirt, throwing it straight into the trash. He pulled on a gray t-shirt and a pair of black sweat pants before putting his glasses back on, glancing at the bed with a sigh as his eyes reached the large bloodstain.
‘I can’t even face that right now’ he grumbled, shivering slightly as he grabbed a clean blanket from the bottom of the bed, wrapping it around himself as he walked through to the living room.

“Are you sure you don’t want anything to eat?” Heechul’s voice came from the kitchen as Kyuhyun turned the corner, smiling when he noticed Leeteuk sitting on the sofa.
“Hi” Kyuhyun mumbled as he pulled the blanket around himself tighter to keep out the cold. Leeteuk smiled and patted his lap.
“You should be in bed” Heechul glared, making the younger demon sigh.
“Shut up” he grumbled as he walked over and sat on Leeteuk’s lap. Leeteuk smiled as he traced soft patterns across Kyuhyun’s back as the younger leaned against his chest, nuzzling his face against his neck.
“How’re you feeling?”  Leeteuk asked and Kyuhyun shrugged.
“Alright… Heechul… I need…” he sighed, biting his lip as he turned to look at his brother. Heechul nodded in response and grabbed his hoodie.
“Need what?” Leeteuk asked “what’s wrong?” Heechul smirked as he tucked his tail away.
“He needs blood” he chuckled “I’ll be back soon, behave yourselves… Leeteuk hes extremely cuddly when hes sick or injured, just a little word of warning”

~

“Don’t scare me like that again” Leeteuk said quietly just minutes after Heechul had left. Kyuhyun raised his head a little, looking up at Leeteuk through dull eyes.
“Believe me what happened today wasn’t what I had planned” Kyuhyun sulked, kissing Leeteuk’s jaw softly.
“And what did you have planned?” Leeteuk hummed, his hand stilling on Kyuhyun’s lower back as
Kyuhyun ran his hand up the angels chest, tracing his collarbones with his fingers.
“A night in, maybe watch a movie…. Why what were you thinking?” Kyuhyun smirked, raising an eyebrow as Leeteuk shrugged.
“I didn’t say a word” he smiled “A night in and a movie sounds nice”
“But now you’ve put other things in my head” Kyuhyun grinned as his hand slipped around the side of Leeteuk’s neck, pulling his head down to meet his lips. Leeteuk rested his hand on Kyuhyun’s thigh, the other around the younger boys back to hold him close as they kissed. Kyuhyun’s mouth left Leeteuk’s in favour of trailing soft kisses and nips along the angels jaw line and down to his neck.

Leeteuk’s moved his head to the side, exposing his neck to give Kyuhyun better access. He bit his lip as Kyuhyun’s lips moved softly on his neck. Leeteuk hummed in approval as he felt Kyuhyun’s fangs brush past his skin. A small and involuntary whimper left his mouth as Kyuhyun bit down gently, just enough to break the skin, before he pulled back.
“That’s the most amazing sound I have ever heard you make” Kyuhyun breathed as Leeteuk’s eyes opened to see traces of his own blood on the younger boy’s lips. “Shall we see if you can make it again?”  He smirked, running his tongue across his lips before moving back to Leeteuk’s neck, biting down and letting Leeteuk’s blood fill his mouth.
Leeteuk squeezed his eyes shut tightly as a sharp pain shot through his neck, the pain quickly forgotten as Kyuhyun’s thumb brushed softly over the opposite side of his neck.
“Kyuhyun-ah” Leeteuk whimpered as Kyuhyun’s hand slipped beneath his t-shirt, brushing over the muscles of his stomach. “Heechul will be back soon” he gasped as Kyuhyun bit down on his neck harder, causing a moan to leave his throat.

Kyuhyun paused and retracted his fangs as he at the wound, stopping the bleed, before leaning back to look at Leeteuk.
“Sorry, I just needed to hear that again” he smirked as he ran his eyes over the angels flushed face before the two of them locked eyes.
“Feel better?” Leeteuk asked, smiling as Kyuhyun’s eyes stopped glowing “You’re eyes are almost back to their normal colour. Heechul didn’t have to go out after all”
“Im glad he did” Kyuhyun grinned, his lips brushing over Leeteuk’s as the door opened, making him groan.

“Aish im gone for five minutes and the two of you are already making out” Heechul whined, smirking when Kyuhyun glared at him. “Im glad to see you’re feeling better brother… I guess I didn’t need to go out after all… By the way Leeteuk, you’re bleeding” he winked as he motioned to Leeteuk’s neck. Kyuhyun grinned and poked his tongue out at Heechul before turning his head and dragging his tongue up the small trail of blood to the bite mark on Leeteuk’s neck, lapping up all traces of blood as he healed the wound. Leeteuk yawned as he rested his chin against Kyuhyun’s shoulder. Kyuhyun frowned.
“Its 4am, you should be at home sleeping by now” he chuckled as Leeteuk’s arms s around his waist.
“You’re hurt, im not leaving you. I’ll just sleep when I get home and before I go to work later”
“Teukie im fine now, honestly.” Kyuhyun smiled as he removed Leeteuk’s arms and climbed off his lap, shifting to the empty spot on the sofa. “Lie down, get some sleep. Im hardly going to go and throw a crazy party” 
“But I might” Heechul smirked as he walked over to the sofa, setting down two glasses of blood on the table before climbing onto the sofa opposite, curling his legs beneath him as he got comfortable.
Leeteuk shook his head with a smile as he shifted on the sofa, laying his head down on Kyuhyun’s lap.
“It’s a good job I trust you Kyuhyun” he smiled as he traced patterns on the younger’s knee. “Otherwise I would feel a little uncomfortable sleeping with the two of you here”
“You don’t trust me?” Heechul asked, pouting slightly as Leeteuk’s eyelids grew heavy.
“I trust you…. As long as Kyuhyun is here” Leeteuk smiled. Kyuhyun chucked as he ran his fingers through Leeteuk’s hair.
“And im not going anywhere” Kyuhyun smiled, twisting the longer lengths of Leeteuk’s hair around his fingers as the angels eyes fell closed and his hand stilled on Kyuhyun’s knee.

Heechul and Kyuhyun sat in silence for a few minutes before Heechul moved, picking up a glass from the table and taking a drink as he sat on the floor. Kyuhyun smiled softly as he studied Leeteuk, he raised his fingers and brushed a strand of hair from Leeteuk’s eyes before tracing his fingers softly over Leeteuk’s face and lips.
“I like him” Heechul smiled as he sat on the floor playing with the fur on his tail “As much as I hate to admit it, hes good for you, I wasn’t sure at first but I know now.”
“Im glad you think so, but in all honesty it wouldn’t matter if you didn’t like him. He’s mine and I plan on keeping it that way” Kyuhyun smiled as he leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to Leeteuk’s lips. Leeteuk sighed in his sleep, nuzzling his face against Kyuhyun’s thigh as the younger’s hand brushed against his neck. Heechul smiled.
“It seems as though he feels the same. What are you going to do about Junsu?”
Kyuhyun sighed.
“I don’t know. He said Eli wasn’t supposed to harm me physically… but why is he trying to take Leeteuk away from me”
“Father doesn’t worry when you’re happy, he can focus on everything with a clear mind… maybe Junsu feels like he isn’t needed anymore. I don’t know… ill try and figure things out with Hannie when I get home”
“Keep an eye on Hangeng… don’t let Junsu hurt him.”
“Since when have you cared so much for him? Don’t worry, Junsu won’t get anywhere near him” Heechul smiled.
“Leeteuk cares for him. If anything happens to him it would hurt Leeteuk and I don’t like seeing him hurting”
“No harm will come to Hangeng. I hate that father cannot know about him” Heechul sighed as he motioned to Leeteuk “It would be so much easier if we could tell him what Junsu was doing and that he was the reason you got hurt yesterday.
“I wish I could, but you know what father would do if he found out what Leeteuk was. Im not risking it”
“You’re a big softie brother. Be careful, your human side is showing” Heechul laughed as he stood and stretched. “Im going to get back home before father starts to worry. I’ll let him know you’re alright” he smiled as he grabbed his jacket and headed for the door.
“Heechul… thank you. I’ll come and see you soon” Kyuhyun smiled as Heechul nodded before leaving the apartment.

“I won’t let him hurt you” Kyuhyun whispered as he looked down at Leeteuk’s sleeping face. He grabbed a cushion from the end of the sofa and carefully moved his legs, slipping the cushion underneath Leeteuk’s head without disturbing him. He picked his blanket up from the floor and pulled it over the angel’s sleeping form before leaning down and pressing a kiss to his head. “Sleep well angel, I’ll see you in a few hours.”

***

The demon realm was quiet when Heechul returned through the portal, most of the demons still lurking outside were vampires and shape shifters looking for a meal. He made his way through the streets and up towards the palace, frowning when he noticed several vampires gathered around the patch of Kyuhyun’s blood, inhaling deeply.
“It’s intoxicating” one of them whispered as he lowered his head, about to lap up the blood when Heechul approached.
“Yah! Go back home before I have you all killed!”
“But sire…”
“Leave! Now! How dare you attempt to taste my brothers blood” Heechul hissed, his fangs showing as he squared up the small vampire in front of him.
“This… this is prince Kyuhyun’s blood?” he questioned “it smells… amazing, almost pure!”
“I suggest you leave before I call the guards and have you all arrested.” Heechul growled and all of the vampires stood, bowing their heads before disappearing into the darkness.
“ing no good vampires”

“Welcome home sire” One of the guards bowed upon Heechul’s arrival as he unlocked the gate, letting him through. “How is the young prince?”
“He is alright, healing well. Thank you for your concern” Heechul smiled as the guard closed the gate behind him. “Please can you have somebody clean up my brother’s blood from outside the gates? It is attracting unwanted attention” he asked and the guard nodded.
“Right away sire”
 Heechul sighed as he heard a deep growl from beside him, turning his head to see Jaejoong stood in his wolf form with his teeth bared.
“Jaejoong if you know what’s good for you you will stay the hell away from me!” He hissed, baring his fangs in a way to warn off the wolf. Jaejoong whimpered and bowed his head as the palace doors opened to reveal the king, before darting past the two of them and up the stairs.
“Heechul how is Kyuhyun?” He asked as Heechul approached the doors with a smile.
“He is fine father, already healed so there is no need to worry.”
“What happened between Kyuhyun and Eli tonight?”
“Eli was a stupid vampire” he lied “he caught scent of the mix of demon and human blood in Kyuhyun’s veins. You know what vampires are like”
“Indeed I do, its lucky Junsu got there when he did… who knows what would have happened”
Heechul’s fists clenched at his father’s words and his ignorance towards the whole situation, he looked up to the top of the stairs to see Junsu smirking down at him with Jaejoong by his side, wearing nothing but a red silk robe and his underwear.
“I was just protecting what you hold dear my lord” Junsu smiled sweetly as he looped his arm around Jaejoong’s waist underneath the robe. Jaejoong hummed in approval as he was tugged closer to Junsu’s body, smiling when Junsu’s lips found his neck.
The king nodded as he patted Heechul’s shoulder before leaving the entrance way and heading towards his room.

“Hangeng” Junsu smiled, pulling away from Jaejoong’s neck when he caught the humans scent approaching them “Care to keep Jae and I company tonight?” he grinned, pulling on Hangengs arm and spinning him into Jaejoong’s hold.
“No. Let go of me, I have things to do” Hangeng whined, wincing as Jaejoong’s hold around him got tighter.
“Let go of him” Heechul hissed as he ran up the stairs toward the three, grabbing Hangeng and pulling him free of Jaejoong’s arms. “You have no right to touch him! You see this mark?” Heechul growled, pulling the front of Hangeng’s shirt up to revel a small star like mark on his lower stomach. “This mark belongs to me which means Hangeng is mine! If either of you lay a finger on him again I will make sure it is the last thing you do!”
Jaejoong shifted into his wolf form and growled at Heechul as he bared his fangs. Heechul hissed back as he pushed Hangeng behind him, standing protectively in the way.
“Jae, baby that’s enough, we cannot harm them. Save it for the angel” Junsu smirked as he ran his fingers through the fur on Jaejoong’s spine, making the wolf shiver and seemingly whimper.
“Stay away from Leeteuk! Let Kyuhyun be happy, it doesn’t affect you so why does it matter so much?”
“You have no idea” Junsu laughed hollowly before turning and heading out of the palace with Jaejoong, leaving Hangeng and Heechul alone at the top of the stairs.

Heechul wrapped his arms around Hangeng, holding him close to calm the human boy down.
“I won’t let them hurt you Hannie. I promise”

***

Leeteuk stretched as he awoke, pulling the blanket up over his head as he buried his face into the cushion. He opened his eyes and let out a yawn as he sat up and looked around the apartment.
“Kyuhyun-ah?” he called out as he rubbed his eyes, not seeing any sign of the young demon.
“Good morning” Kyuhyun smiled as he entered the room from his bedroom, clad in a pair of black jeans and a purple t-shirt. “Sleep well?”
“I did, thank you. What time is it?” Leeteuk smiled as Kyuhyun’s hand slipped under his chin, tilting his head upwards.
“Time you were up” Kyuhyun grinned as he kissed Leeteuk softly, humming contently when Leeteuk nipped at his bottom lip. “It’s almost eleven”
“Aish I start work at two” Leeteuk sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. “I need to go home and take a shower”
“Shower here if you want, I’ll walk you to work later, we can stop by your apartment so you can change” Kyuhyun smiled and Leeteuk nodded, biting his lip softly. “Don’t worry; I have to change the sheets on my bed… I won’t peak… unless you want me to” he winked and Leeteuk rolled his eyes as he stood from the sofa and rolled his shoulders before Kyuhyun took his hand, leading him towards the bathroom.
“Make yourself at home” Kyuhyun said with a smile as the two of them entered the bathroom “Bath or Shower?”
“I really don’t mind” Leeteuk chuckled as Kyuhyun grinned, seemingly deciding for him as he pushed down the plug and started running the water.
“Enjoy” Kyuhyun smiled, wrapping his arms around Leeteuk’s waist “Are you sure you don’t want me to wash your back?” he smirked, receiving a glare from the elder “don’t worry im going… and there’s a lock on the door. I’ll see you in a little while” he smiled, pressing a quick kiss to Leeteuk’s lips before turning and leaving the room.
“Kyu… what were you doing while I was sleeping if you didn’t change your bedding yet?” Leeteuk asked cautiously and Kyuhyun smiled as he reached for the door handle.
“I took a shower and then I went go get breakfast” he winked before closing the door as he left the bathroom.

“Breakfast…” Leeteuk mumbled to himself, shaking free the images in his head of Kyuhyun taking someone’s life. He sighed as he looked around the bathroom, taking note of the simple layout and items as he sat on the side of the bath and began to his shirt.

*

“Much better” Kyuhyun grinned as he lay down on his bed, inhaling the scent of the clean sheets as he buried his face into the pillows.
“Comfortable?” Leeteuk smiled upon opening the bathroom door, leaning against the door frame as he dried his hair with a towel.
“Very, care to join me?” Kyuhyun asked, patting the empty spot beside him.
“ You know I have work soon.” Leeteuk laughed, throwing the wet towel at Kyuhyun before he could move. Kyuhyun shifted quickly and rolled off the bed, pushing Leeteuk backwards until he was against the wall.
“I like this” Kyuhyun breathed as he ran his nose across Leeteuk’s neck, making the angel shiver beneath his touch as Kyuhyun pinned his arms to the wall above his head. “You smell like me… you smell like mine” he growled, his lips brushing over the angel’s collarbone and up to his neck as his eyes closed. “You smell… amazing” he hummed, pulling back with a smirk and opening his eyes. Leeteuk’s eyes widened at the sight of Kyuhyun’s eyes glowing brightly. He winced when the demon boy’s grip on his wrists tightened, pressing his arms harder against the wall as he lowered his head to the angel’s neck.
“Kyuhyun stop!” Leeteuk shouted, squeezing his eyes tight shut “You have to stay in control!” he whimpered as he felt Kyuhyun’s fangs brush his neck before his hands were released. Kyuhyun’s arms fell by his side as he stilled himself, resting his head on Leeteuk’s shoulder.
“Im sorry” he whispered. Leeteuk frowned as he wrapped his arms around the younger, pulling him into a tight and comforting hug.
“Don’t be sorry” he smiled upon feeling Kyuhyun’s arms wind around his waist. “You stopped before you hurt me; you have nothing to be sorry for. Now come on, you need to walk me home and then to work”

*

“Teukie… how did you know I would stop?” Kyuhyun asked as he sat on the sofa in Leeteuk’s apartment, waiting for the angel to change.
“I didn’t” Leeteuk smiled as he exited his bedroom in a pair of white jeans and a white wife beater, holding a grey sweater in his hand “But I figured it was worth a try. I know you don’t want to hurt me, and I know it must be hard for you… but at the same time I know you can stay in control of yourself around me. You’ve done it before. You did it the night of the party, remember” he blushed slightly as memories from the night, he thought to be a dream, flooded his head.
“I remember” Kyuhyun smiled, biting his lip as he stood and approached Leeteuk, wrapping his arms around the angel’s waist from behind. “I remember you wanting to kiss me” he breathed, his breath tickling Leeteuk’s ear.
“I wanted to kiss you all night” Leeteuk smiled, leaning back in Kyuhyun’s hold.
“I remember everything you did, everything you said” he whispered teasingly as his fingers slipped under the bottom of Leeteuk’s wife beater. Leeteuk closed his eyes, humming in approval as Kyuhyun’s fingers traced patterns over his stomach as his lips ghosted over his neck, pressing soft kisses over his neck and shoulder. “Are you really going to work dressed like that? I won’t be leaving if you are… just a little warning. You look too good wearing this” Kyuhyun mumbled, tugging at the bottom of Leeteuk’s wife beater as the elder shook his head.
“That’s what this is for” Leeteuk smiled, pouting as Kyuhyun released him before he pulled the sweater on over his head.
“That might be worse” Kyuhyun smirked, biting his lip as his eyes lingered on the angel’s collarbone. The grey sweater had a deep v-cut neck line and it sat slightly off to the side, hanging off one of Leeteuk’s shoulders, exposing the top of the wife beater as well as his collarbone, neck and shoulder.
“I have to look presentable” Leeteuk grinned “but not too dressed up… it is only a coffee shop after all”
“Are you ready? If we’re here alone much longer you’ll be late for work” Kyuhyun asked seriously, and Leeteuk smiled, nodding his head and grabbing his keys and phone before the two of them headed out.

*

The two of them walked hand in hand through a small park on the way to the coffee shop. It was mild day, despite the snow settled on the ground.  
“Are you sure you’re not cold?” Kyuhyun asked as Leeteuk released his hand and hopped up onto a low wall.
“Im sure, my sweater keeps me warm” he grinned spinning around but managing to steady himself when he slipped on a small patch of ice on the wall.
“Aish be careful! What’s wrong with you? You’re acting like a child” Kyuhyun laughed as Leeteuk walked beside him on the wall.
“Im in a good mood, is that so bad?” Leeteuk asked, threading his fingers through Kyuhyun’s hair to move the younger closer.
“Nope, not bad at all, just don’t fall and hurt yourself. And Yah don’t pull on my hair like that”
“Oh don’t be a baby” Leeteuk laughed, stopping on the wall as he pulled on the back of Kyuhyun’s hair to tilt his head upwards. 
“Oh im a baby now am I?” Kyuhyun smirked, standing beside the wall as slipped his hands up Leeteuk’s legs, settling them just below his hips, as he raised his head to look at Leeteuk. “What does that make you then?”
“It doesn’t matter because im still older than you” Leeteuk smiled, brushing his hand over Kyuhyun’s cheek as he leaned down to kiss the young demon.

Kyuhyun smiled into the kiss, his hands subconsciously slipping higher onto Leeteuk’s hips underneath his sweater. Leeteuk gasped as Kyuhyun’s hands found his bare skin.
“Your hands are freezing” he giggled as he pulled back, resting his hands on Kyuhyun’s shoulders.
“It’s what happens when it’s been snowing” Kyuhyun laughed, pulling his hands away before threading his fingers with Leeteuk’s. “Let’s get you to work before you freeze to death”
“You seem so eager to get rid of me today” Leeteuk pouted and Kyuhyun scoffed.
“If it was up to me we would be back at my apartment and we wouldn’t leave my bed all day” Kyuhyun smirked, pulling ahead of Leeteuk as he headed in the direction of the café.
“Maybe it’s a good job is not up to you then. As nice as that sounds… but some of us need to work to keep our apartment” Leeteuk chuckled. “How do you even afford to live where you do? Your apartment block is one of the most expensive in this area and you don’t exactly have a job”
Leeteuk smirked as the two of them crossed the street, the café coming into view just a block away.
“My father has an… arrangement with the owner of the block.”
“Because that doesn’t sound suspicious at all… or illegal” leeteuk laughed.
“The owner of the block is a erted old man… There is a boy in my realm… hes seventeen. He’s an incubus, like my father but with a fraction of the power. He’s a little twisted; he’ll sleep with anyone as long as he gets something out of it, he doesn’t care who it is.”
“Wait a second… please don’t tell me your landlord practically this boy so you can live there…” Leeteuk frowned, a disgusted look on his face.
“I wouldn’t exactly say he was him… like I said, he’ll let anybody him… in return my ert of a landlord lets the boy feed from him. It’s like… it’s like an extremely twisted relationship” Kyuhyun laughed as he saw Leeteuk shudder at the thought. “Hey not every demon is as nice as me, I don’t know why this surprises you”
“I’ve just gotten too used to you” Leeteuk smiled squeezing Kyuhyun’s hand as they approached the café doors.

Kyuhyun smiled and grabbed the door handle, pulling it open for Leeteuk to walk through.
“Hey Shindong” Leeteuk smiled at the blond behind the counter. Shindong smiled back, his smile faltering when he saw Kyuhyun.
“Hi Leeteuk… Hey Kyuhyun” he nodded and Kyuhyun chuckled.
“Hi Shindong, Teukie this is where I have to leave you im afraid. Shindong’s already uncomfortable and I have to go and see my father but I’ll be back to pick you up later” Kyuhyun smiled as he grabbed Leeteuk’s chin, tilting his head to press his lips to the angels.
“Alright” Leeteuk smiled as he hugged Kyuhyun tightly “I finish at eight, don’t be late and please don’t get hurt again. Be careful alright?”
“I’ll be fine Teukie, I promise I’ll be here in time to pick you up” Kyuhyun smiled, kissing Leeteuk once more before leaving the café, waving goodbye to Shindong in the process.

“Brother are you busy? I just dropped Teukie off at work and I need someone to hang out with until I pick him up later” Kyuhyun mumbled as he pressed his phone to his ear.
“Sure. You can help me convince father that the crown he had made for me looks stupid” Heechul laughed.
“Our crowns have been made? When were you going to tell me this” Kyuhyun scoffed playfully.
“This morning, I was planning on calling you later but you got there before me. Anyway I have to go and put some clothes on if you’re coming over… and Kyu don’t worry, Junsu is away for the day, father sent him off on an errand so you won’t see him. Jae is still around though im afraid.”
Alright, im on my way now, Give me ten minutes” Kyuhyun sighed before hanging up the phone.

**

“Father, may I speak with you for a minute?” Sungmin asked upon reaching his father’s room at the palace. He poked his head through to see his father sitting on the balcony overlooking the palace grounds.
“Of course Sungmin, is something bothering you?” the emperor asked and Sungmin sighed as he closed the door behind himself and joined his father.
“It’s about Leeteuk…”
“What about him? Is he alright?”
“Im not sure… Do you remember the night we held the masquerade ball and a demon presence was detected but we never found it?” he asked and his father nodded. “And then the bodies of the dead were found with a demon’s mark… Leeteuk also had a demon’s mark on him… I found it the other day when we had that meeting and he excused himself… we were sitting in the gardens when I noticed it but he said he didn’t know where it came from.”
“Are you saying he was attacked by the same demon that murdered all of those people?”
“No… This mark was different… He knows the demon that was at the party that night, it’s the same demon that marked him. When I went to find him at the party he was dancing with an all too familiar demon… they looked comfortable together but the way the demon put his hands on Leeteuk made me want to vomit… the worst thing is he allowed it”
“Sungmin slow down. Who is this demon?” the emperor asked seriously and Sungmin sighed, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.
“Prince Kyuhyun…” Sungmin mumbled, watching his father’s face fall suddenly. “I think the two of them might be dating but I can’t be sure”
“Leeteuk’s dating the prince of the demon realm. . . Are you sure of this?”
“No father… but the way Leeteuk has been acting lately makes me more suspicious” Sungmin sighed with his head down.

Emperor Lee frowned and rubbed the bridge of his nose before walking into his room and picking up the phone and dialling Leeteuk’s number.
“Good evening uncle” Leeteuk almost sang as he picked up the phone.
“Leeteuk are you busy? I need to speak with you”
“Sorry uncle im at work right now, I can stop by tomorrow and we can talk if that’s alright”
“Why can’t you stop by after work tonight?” the emperor asked his eyebrows furred in suspicion.
“Sorry I can’t tonight I have plans, im seeing a friend”
“Alright. . . Just make sure you come and see me tomorrow ASAP.”
“I will, I promise… is something wrong?”
“Im not sure yet… I…”
“Im sorry uncle but I have to go, I have customers and we’re short staffed again today, I’ll speak to you tomorrow”
“Alright Leeteuk. Take care of yourself” the emperor sighed before hanging up the phone.

“Well?”
“Thank you for informing me about this Sungmin… He’s coming to see me tomorrow… Something defiantly seems different about him; I can tell with his voice, he just seems happier. But ill figure it out tomorrow. And put a stop to whatever is going on between him and that … demon child”