New Dangers

Sovereignty

Kyuhyun spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon in the demon realm with Heechul. The two searched the palace grounds and spots in the shadows where vampires were known to hang around, but there was no sign of Eli. They gave up after a while in favour of spending time inside and away from the bright rays of the sun.

After lunch with their father, and trying to convince him that the bruise on Kyuhyun’s head came from him walking into a door, the two settled in Kyuhyun’s bedroom with Hangeng joining them not long after.
“How’s your head sire?” Hangeng asked as he set some painkillers down on the bedside table for Kyuhyun, who was laying on his bed with his eyes closed.
“I had my head slammed against a wall by a vampire, how do you think it feels. I can show you how much it hurts if you’d like” Kyuhyun grumbled, opening one eye to gage Hangeng’s reaction.
“Kyuhyun-ah he was only asking” Heechul chuckled, patting his lap for Hangeng to sit down. “What time did you say you were walking Leeteuk home tonight?”
“Im leaving at half past two. I need to find my spare pair of glasses before I leave” he frowned as he sat up slowly and pulled his broken pair from his pocket.
“I wondered why you weren’t wearing them” Heechul mumbled, pushing Hangeng off his lap “Hannie go and get his glasses please, there’s a pair in the throne room” Hangeng nodded and left the room as Heechul got up and sat on the side of his brothers bed.  “You seem a little… irritable. Did you take your medication this morning?”
“I… no. I feel alright when im with Leeteuk, I forgot all about it. Plus, my head feels like its been run over by a truck, I think im allowed to be irritable. My mind doesn’t seem to wander as much lately, the more time I spend with him the more it seems… normal.”
“I really need to meet him… I need to meet the angel my brother is in love with and warn him what will happen if he hurts you”
“Im not in love with him, don’t be stupid” Kyuhyun defended, pulling his legs up to his chest.
“Kyuhyun I can see it in your face when you talk about him, I’ve never seen you smile so much before. You’ve never forgotten to take your medication because you usually depend on it just to get through the day. Im your brother, trust me on this and tell him”
“Im not in love with him! Even if I were… I don’t want to scare him away. Im taking every day as it comes.” Kyuhyun shrugged, glancing at the clock as Hangeng re-entered the room with his glasses.

“Your father was meeting with Junsu but he let me in to retrieve your glasses” Hangeng smiled as he handed them to the prince. “What you said earlier… about Kevin and Eli…”
“What is it Hannie?” Heechul asked sternly. Hangeng sighed.
“Is there any possibility that Junsu could be their master?”
“I doubt it, he’s father’s confidant, why would he break every law we have and try and harm Kyuhyun?”
“You said that Leeteuk mentioned them taking him to a new home and that their ‘master’ was excited to meet him…”
“Hangeng just spit it out! What did you hear just now that makes you think Junsu would betray the palace?” Kyuhyun growled as he stepped off his bed.
“I heard Junsu mention Eli… It was only brief and I don’t know what they spoke about”
“I hate to say it but it’s a possibility…” Heechul grumbled “We’ll keep an eye on him, Jaejoong too.”

**

Eli was thrown harshly against a wall of an empty building, his head colliding with the concrete, before he fell to the floor gasping and panting as he got back to his feet.
“Master Im sorry! You act as if this is my fault but im the one who lost everything!”
“You lost everything?” The blond haired demon growled “Boohoo Kevin is dead, maybe it will teach you a lesson, maybe next time you will not disappoint me!”
“N…next time? I thought you said…”
“I changed my mind. You get to live with the fact your lover is dead because the two of you are… or rather were, incompetent and incapable of following orders.”
Eli sank to his knees as the large black wolf approached, stopping at the blond’s feet. He let out a small howl and nuzzled his head against the blond’s legs before raising up on his hind legs, dragging his tongue over his lovers face.
“Later baby” the demon smiled as he ruffled the fur on the wolf’s head “Go and find some clothes and meet me at the palace gates. I have one last thing for Eli” he smirked, pulling a dagger from his pocket as the wolf stepped away.

**

“Are you sure you can’t stay any longer? I miss hanging out with you” Heechul pouted as Kyuhyun tied his shoes and pushed his glasses up his nose.
“I’ll be back before you know it. Anyway you have Hannie, im sure he can keep you company” Kyuhyun smirked.
“You’re my baby brother and you’re too far away from me. Why can’t you live here? What does the human realm have that Abaddon doesn’t?”
“You already know the answer to that, aside from Leeteuk anyway… You know why I won’t live here”
“I know…” Heechul sighed and Kyuhyun smiled.
“Come with me, you said you wanted to meet Leeteuk, and you’re not busy right now. Come and meet him”
 “Are you sure? He won’t mind?” Heechul asked, raising an eyebrow as Kyuhyun threw him a hoodie.
“I’ll send him a message so he can prepare himself” Kyuhyun laughed, pulling out his phone while he waited for Heechul to get ready.

To: Leeteuk
From: Kyuhyun
Message: I hope you don’t mind, Heechul is coming with me… He wishes to meet you. I promise he will be on his best behaviour. I can’t wait to see you. P.S Stop thinking about kissing me so much, its distracting ;)

“Hurry up!” Kyuhyun whined as he stood from his bed and walked through to Heechul’s room. Heechul grinned as he pulled up the hood, hiding his feline ears, and wrapped his tail around his leg.
“How do I look?”
“You look fine… it’s not like you have a date or anything” Kyuhyun laughed.
“You know what I mean” Heechul frowned.
“I do. You look fine, if it wasn’t for the red eyes and fangs you could pass as human”
“Ew… don’t even say that” Heechul shuddered “I would rather be a vampire than human… such delicate little things”
“They aren’t that bad… don’t forget you’re dating one” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, nodding in the direction of the door as Hangeng entered.  “Anyway we need to go. Leeteuk finishes in 30 minutes”
“You’re meeting Leeteuk?” Hangeng asked and Heechul nodded. “is that a good idea?”
“Hannie stop acting like we’ll hurt him the first chance we get. Plus Kyuhyunnie is In love with him, why would I hurt him by hurting Leeteuk?”
“Im not in love with him!” Kyuhyun whined, smiling as a message flashed up on his phone.

To: Kyuhyun
From: Leeteuk
Message: Sure… I won’t lie and say im nervous about meeting him, but he’s your brother so I know I’ll be alright. How do you even know that? We aren’t even in the same realm! Shindong just asked why im blushing… I hope you’re happy!

“Beg to differ” Heechul smirked. “I’ve never seen you smile from reading a message before”
“Shut up! We need to go” Kyuhyun huffed, leaving the room before Heechul could say another word.

The two of them left the palace quietly, avoiding contact with their father to avoid questions as to why Heechul was going to the human realm. Kyuhyun zipped up his jacket as they walked through the palace grounds and towards the gates.
“Going anywhere nice sires?” Junsu asked as he sat on a small wall beside Jaejoong.
“Just showing Heechul my apartment” Kyuhyun shrugged, coming to a complete halt as Eli approached. A low growl left his throat, startling Heechul slightly.
“Kyuhyun… go inside” He mumbled, grabbing Kyuhyun’s arm gently, only to have the younger boy pull away and step closer to the vampire.
“You owe me a life Kim Kyuhyun” Eli hissed, fangs bared as he squared up to the prince. “In fact you owe me two!”
“I owe you nothing! You’re lucky you’re not dead right now… like Kevin” He smirked, the smirk falling from his face as Eli shifted and a sharp pain exploded in his side.

“Say his name again, I dare you” Eli whispered as he withdrew a silver dagger from Kyuhyun’s side, watching the prince’s blood drop off the tip and pool at the floor. Kyuhyun let out a laboured breath as he pressed a trembling hand to the wound.
“Kyuhyun!” Heechul shouted as he lunged forward, catching Kyuhyun as he swayed on his feet. “What the have you done?! Guards get my father!” Heechul yelled, turning his head to glance at Junsu, who was slowly walking towards them with a small smirk on his face.
“This is for Kevin” Eli mumbled as he raised the dagger, only to have it fall from his hands when Junsu stepped in front of him.
“Enough!” He growled before driving the dagger through Eli’s chest. Eli’s eyes widened and he fell to his knees, clutching his chest in pain.
“M…master… why?”
“Your orders were to not harm the prince, you crossed a line” Junsu whispered as he withdrew the dagger and watched as Eli fell to the floor, gasping for breath before going still.

“I…it…was you” Kyuhyun coughed, his eyes furring in anger as he tried to stand up, only to have Heechul hold him securely in place.
“Stop moving!” Heechul mumbled as he pressed his hand hard over Kyuhyun’s, causing the younger prince to cry out in pain.
“I do apologise sire. He wasn’t supposed to harm you, at least not physically” Junsu smirked “oh look, here comes your father, quick; tell him what I have done… I dare you”
“My lord” Junsu bowed as the King, accompanied by several guards, reached the gates before kneeling beside his sons.
“What happened?”
“Eli went crazy and stabbed Kyuhyun” Heechul lied.
“Why?” Kyuhyun growled, his eyes never leaving Junsu as he writhed against Heechul, his hand stained red with blood.
“Kyuhyun calm down, you’re making it worse” Heechul sighed, the younger’s forehead in an attempt to calm him.
“He cannot harm him again my lord. Its lucky I was here” Junsu winked at Heechul before the king turned to face him.
“Thank you Junsu. Heechul get him to his room, I’ll have a doctor come and take a look at him”
“No!” Kyuhyun hissed as Heechul stood with him for support. “Im going home”
“You are home, Kyuhyun you need to rest so you can heal” The king sighed and Kyuhyun shook his head.
“Im going home! With or without help”

Kyuhyun shrugged off Heechul’s arm and walked on his own in the direction of the portal to the human realm. He walked several feet on his own before falling to his knees, clutching his side in pain.
“You’re not going anywhere without me brother” Heechul sighed as he picked Kyuhyun up from the floor.
“Leeteuk” Kyuhyun whimpered as the two of them walked. Heechul shifted, taking on more of Kyuhyun’s weight.
“Don’t worry; if Eli is dead he cannot hurt Leeteuk. I’ll send him a message when you’re home and let him know what happened”
“But… If Junsu is to blame, Teukie is still in danger”
“Stop worrying about him, we need to get you home before you bleed to death!”
“Don’t tell him… please… I don’t want him to know” Kyuhyun whined and Heechul sighed.

*

The two arrived at Kyuhyun’s apartment around ten minutes later, a small trail of blood followed them from the portal to the apartment block as the blood from Kyuhyun’s side ran down his leg and trickled over his shoe.
“Are you still awake?” Heechul asked as he pushed open the door, closing and locking it behind him before he all but dragged Kyuhyun through to the bedroom. Kyuhyun groaned, his feet unable to support him as he felt Heechul pick him up and set him down on the bed.
Heechul pulled off Kyuhyun’s jacket and pushed up his t-shirt before walking through to the bathroom and taking the first aid kit from the cupboard. He pressed a towel to the knife wound as he unwrapped a dressing and a bandage, before wrapping it around Kyuhyun’s torso tightly, stemming the bleed the best he could.
“Im no doctor but that should hold until you heal. Get some rest” Heechul smiled softly when he saw that Kyuhyun was already sleeping. He sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, watching as Kyuhyun’s chest rose and fell steadily. He was just about to leave the room when a buzz from Kyuhyun’s jacket pocket caught his attention.
“Heal quickly brother” Heechul whispered as he pulled Kyuhyun’s phone out and left the room collapsing into the sofa as he read the message on the screen.

To: Kyuhyun
From: Leeteuk
Message:  Its 8:30… I figured you weren’t coming so I walked home myself, I got home safely… Kyuhyun I… never mind. Goodnight x

Heechul’s eyebrows furred in frustration as he hit reply.

To: Leeteuk
From: Kyuhyun
Message: Leeteuk… Do not think my brother would just abandon you for nothing. There was an incident between Kyuhyun and Eli not too long ago, Eli is now dead but Kyuhyun got hurt… We are at his apartment, he is resting. ~ Heechul.

A few minutes passed and another message flashed on Kyuhyun’s phone.

To: Kyuhyun
From: Leeteuk
Message:  What happened? How badly is he hurt? Am I okay to come over and see him?

To: Leeteuk
From: Kyuhyun
Message: He is sleeping but sure. I’ll explain things when you arrive, this isn’t the meeting he had hoped for us, but I look forward to meeting you ~ Heechul

Heechul set Kyuhyun’s phone down on the table and pulled off his hoodie, shivering slightly when the cold air hit his ears. He walked through into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, frowning at its emptiness.
“Why have a fridge if it’s always going to be empty” he sighed as closed the door and opened the cupboard opposite, grinning as his eyes set upon a small bowl of rice. “Bingo”
After pouring the rice and some water into the rice cooker Heechul walked through to check on Kyuhyun. The younger prince was sleeping, anything but peacefully, as Heechul approached. Kyuhyun’s hand was pressed hard against his side as the heels of his feet dug harshly into the bed; his usually calm features were contorted in pain as beads of sweat ran down face.
“Kyuhyun-ah relax” Heechul cooed as he brushed a few strands of hair from the younger’s face “Im here”

Minutes later a knock at the door brought Heechul back to reality and he sighed as he made his way out of the bedroom and toward the door, pulling it open to reveal Leeteuk staring at the floor.
“How badly is he hurt?” Leeteuk mumbled, his eyes fixed on the blood on the floor.
“Badly… But hes sleeping so he will heal, slowly, but he’ll be alright.” Heechul shrugged as his nails dug into the door frame when Leeteuk’s scent filled his nose. Leeteuk looked up, visibly tensing as he locked eyes with the demon standing before him.
“I… I should go…” 
“Leeteuk its alright, I can’t hurt you, you’re perfectly safe.”
“How do I know that? You kidnapped Hangeng, how can I trust anything you say?” Leeteuk asked and Heechul frowned.
“I didn’t kidnap him… ill have you know he chose to come with me. And as for you trusting me, the mark on your neck forbids me to hurt you, you belong to my brother. Another thing, he made me promise.”
“Well Im glad to know you keep true to your word. I just wish all of your kind did the same”
“We’re demons” Heechul shrugged “it’s not in our nature to be kind or stay true. But he is my brother and I’ll do anything to make sure he is happy… so are you going to come in or are we going to stand at the door all night?” He asked, his ears twitching at the sound of Kyuhyun’s voice. “Aish, close the door behind yourself” he grumbled as he turned and left the door, heading to Kyuhyun’s bedroom.

Leeteuk bit his lip as he stepped inside, walking straight through to the kitchen and grabbing a glass. He pulled out a bottle of blood and poured the contents into the glass before throwing the bottle in the trash and following Heechul to the bedroom.
“He’s talking in his sleep again” Heechul sighed as Leeteuk walked through “What are you doing?” he asked Leeteuk as the angel sat on the bed beside Kyuhyun with the glass “Where does an angel get blood from?” Leeteuk let out a small laugh as he pulled a small vial of blood from his pocket.
“Its not that hard, people donate their blood in so many clubs around here, I just had to walk in and ask. This is my blood…” he whispered, keeping his voice low just incase Kyuhyun was awake, he shook the vial lightly before uncapping it and mixing it with the contents of the glass. “He should heal faster if he drinks this”
“I think I underestimated you Leeteuk… You’re not like other angels I’ve met before… they aren’t usually so nice to our kind”
“People underestimate me a lot” Leeteuk smiled “can you wake him for me?” he asked and Heechul smirked with a nod before pressing his hand to Kyuhyun’s side. Kyuhyun’s eyes shot open and he cried out in pain before extending his arms and digging his nails into Heechul’s arm.
“What the did you do that for?” he hissed, baring his fangs at his brother.
“You have a visitor”
“You could have just gently shaken him” Leeteuk frowned before smiling down at Kyuhyun. “I leave you alone for one afternoon and this is what happens?” Kyuhyun smiled as Leeteuk shifted and rested the younger’s head in his lap.
“He shouldn’t have told you… I didn’t want you to worry”
“As opposed to me thinking you stood me up? I would rather worry about you. Here drink this” Leeteuk smiled as he kissed Kyuhyun on the forehead before handing him the glass. Heechul groaned.
“You two make me sick. What did you do to him? My brother isn’t allowed to be soppy. Happy, yes, but never soppy”
“Heechul shut up” Kyuhyun grumbled before drinking the contents of the glass down in three big gulps and settling his head back down in Leeteuk’s lap. “Thank you”
“You’re welcome. Go back to sleep, I’ll be right here” Leeteuk smiled, running his hands through Kyuhyun’s hair.

“Well, its official.” Heechul nodded as Kyuhyun’s eyes fell closed “You’ve won me over. I’ve never seen him like this before. Seriously what did you do to him?”
“I didn’t do anything” Leeteuk smiled “I care about him, I like seeing him smile, we have things in common that help us connect”
“Like what?”
“People underestimate us. They assume he is like every other demon, just like they assume I’ll be the perfect example of an angel.  I knew the moment I met him that there was something different, although I still can’t put my finger on it. He lost his mother at a young age… as did I, although not quite as young as he did. Losing my mother was the hardest thing I had ever faced… now that worry lies with him” Leeteuk sighed as he studied Kyuhyun’s face.

“I’ve had to watch him destroy himself twice… So you will understand why Im so protective of him. If you ever hurt him, the promise I made him will be void…” Heechul threatened and Leeteuk nodded.
“I understand. I can assure you I have no plans of hurting him though. What promise did you make?”
“He made me promise I wouldn’t hurt you when we met. I have to be nice to you and not hurt you” Heechul nodded before smiling at Kyuhyun, who had visibly relaxed since Leeteuk’s arrival. “Its lucky he heals when he is sleeping… I don’t know how much damage Eli would have done otherwise.”
“You said Eli is dead… what exactly happened?” Leeteuk asked, smiling as Kyuhyun mumbled in his sleep.
“He told me what happened after your date; we were on the lookout for Eli because Kyuhyun was worried what he might do if he found you… Hangeng overheard my father and Junsu, his confidant, talking. Junsu mentioned Eli’s name, he and his lover Jaejoong have been acting suspicious for a week or so now. Kyuhyun and Junsu don’t exactly get along but I didn’t think he would resort to anything like this. Eli stabbed Kyuhyun when we were leaving the palace but Junsu killed Eli before he could do any further harm”
“How can you be sure Junsu was their master if he killed Eli?” Leeteuk asked as his eyebrows furred in confusion. Heechul sighed.
’I do apologise sire. He wasn’t supposed to harm you, at least not physically’” Heechul mumbled “That was what he said after Eli was dead… he was smirking about it too”
“Can’t you tell your father? Im sure he would want to know if his confidant is trying to kill his son”
“He can’t know… If we tell him about Junsu he will find out about you… My father cannot know you and Kyuhyun are together. He will kill you himself, whether Kyuhyun is happy or not.”

“Will you both please shut up, im trying to sleep” Kyuhyun groaned as his eyes opened slowly. Heechul frowned.
“We’ll go in the other room. Get some rest, your eyes are too dull.”
“I’ll be alright. Once I feed I’ll be fine. Good as new” he grinned.
“So stop talking and go back to sleep, we’ll be in the other room, if you need us just shout” Leeteuk smiled as he leaned down and kissed Kyuhyun softly. Heechul groaned as he left the bedroom. 
“Im happy the two of you are getting along” Kyuhyun smiled as Leeteuk his cheek.
“It’s not easy for him, I can tell. Now sleep before I knock you out myself”
“Mean” Kyuhyun sulked before smiling and closing his eyes. “You’re mean for an angel”
“And you’re a big softie” Leeteuk grinned before leaving Kyuhyun to rest and meeting Heechul in the living room.

~~~~~~~~~

Faster update this time guys =]
Enjoy!
More of Kyuhyun's backstory to come in Chapter 6.