A Meeting With The Emperor

Sovereignty

“Are you sure about this? Teukie I’m starting to think this is a bad idea…You know what I was like at the party… How am I supposed to handle an entire realm?” Kyuhyun whined as he and Leeteuk stood outside the portal to the light realm. The demon boy had been nervous ever since Leeteuk had told him about the meeting planned with the emperor of the light realm, his stomach churning at the very thought of being surrounded by so many pure beings.

Leeteuk sighed, pushing Kyuhyun so his back was flat to a large stone wall before pressing his hands firmly to the demon’s shoulders.
“Baby, you will be fine. I promise you.” He smiled, moving in close to whisper in Kyuhyun’s ear.
“If you get through today I’ll reward you later” he smiled, his eyes widening when he felt Kyuhyun’s hands on his , pulling their bodies flush together.
“If you start talking like that we won’t even get through the portal” he growled, latching his mouth onto the angel’s neck and a red mark in the middle of the expanse of skin so it would be impossible to hide, Leeteuk in a sharp breath before the demon boy pulled back. “I want everybody we see today to know that you’re mine”
“Great, everybody is already tense about your visit, now they’ll just think I’m your lunch ticket” Leeteuk laughed, playfully hitting Kyuhyun’s chest before he took his hand. “Ready?”
“As I’ll ever be” Kyuhyun sighed, switching his glasses for his sunglasses. “Just incase” he smiled before he and Leeteuk stepped through to the light realm.

**

The first thing Kyuhyun noticed when they reached Araqiel was the light; even through his closed eyes and his sunglasses he could tell the realm was brighter than back home. Leeteuk looked back at the younger boy, smiling before walking him out of the garden where the portal was located.
“Open your eyes Kyuhyun, I promise you’ll be alright” he spoke softly, rubbing the back of Kyuhyun’s hand. Kyuhyun opened his eyes slowly to give them the chance to adjust before he blinked a couple of times.
“Wow… It’s so different” he murmured as Leeteuk walked ahead of him, guiding him through the realm.

The area around the portal looked somewhat similar to what he was used to seeing in the human realm. Houses lined the main street on both sides, each with large gardens and ornate architecture. There were trees and plants everywhere he looked, various shades of greens, reds, yellows and blues decorating gardens. A row of Cherry blossom trees ran down the main street towards the palace. The palace itself in the distance was surrounded by large white walls, the silver gates visible from even so far away. “Being here is making my nose itch already, although all of these flowers are taking away the smell of blood” Kyuhyun pouted, covering his nose with his hand as they walked through the trees.
“We’re on the outskirts of the main city. The entire realm is larger than this, but the rest of the realm is mainly made up of small villages” Leeteuk explained, giving small smiles to passersby who were obviously feeling uneasy at the news of a demon in the realm.

The rest of the time they spent walking up towards the palace was spent with Leeteuk explaining more about the realm, pointing out the destroyed area on the horizon that fell during the war.
“My father did that?”  Kyuhyun asked as they looked out over the ruined villages “I didn’t realise how much of an impact the war had on this realm. I thought full demons couldn’t enter?”
“They can’t… at least not anymore. Before the war we had no spell defences. Demons could come and go as they pleased, it was our worst mistake because when the war came because we had no way of protecting the cities.”
“I’m sorry…”
“Don’t apologize; it was your father’s order that destroyed our villages, not yours. I know one day you will make a better king than he ever has been or ever will be” Leeteuk smiled, pulling Kyuhyun close to press a kiss to his cheek before they stopped in front of the palace.
“Maybe… But Heechul is next in line for the throne, so unless he refuses to be king after my father then I have a while to wait. But I don’t really mind. I have more freedom as a prince than I ever will as king so I’m making the most of it” Kyuhyun grinned.

 “Stop! I’m sorry Leeteuk. I cannot allow… him, into the palace. He is too much of a threat to the king” A guard snapped, eyeing Kyuhyun with a look of disgust as the two approached the gate. Kyuhyun raised his hand and pulled down his sunglasses a little, glaring at the largely built man with bright purple eyes before Leeteuk pushed up the sunglasses and sighed.
“My uncle is expecting us. I can assure you, I would have never brought him here if there wasn’t a good reason… for his own safety” Leeteuk explained holding tightly onto Kyuhyun’s hand. “Or would you rather I call my uncle and have him abandon his duties to come and sort out a problem that shouldn’t even exist?” he questioned, looking at the guard challengingly before a defeated sigh left the guards mouth.
“Very well, but I hope you know Leeteuk, if he harms anyone it will be your neck on the line… pun not intended” he grumbled, glancing at Kyuhyun again before stepping out of the way. “And it is not his safety that will be put at risk by him being here… it’s ours”
“Yes he is a demon, get over it!” Leeteuk hissed as he lead Kyuhyun through the gates of the palace and up the main path, people stopped and stared, eyeing the pale demon worriedly as they passed.
“I don’t like this, for once I’m the one that feels like food” Kyuhyun whispered, keeping his eyes away from the people around them.

As Leeteuk lead Kyuhyun through the palace grounds the number of people they met fell, making Kyuhyun feel a little more at ease. Leeteuk noticed the change in the demon boy and smiled, giving his hand a squeeze. He looked over into one of the smaller courtyards and changed their direction, much to Kyuhyun’s confusion.
“Come on, there’s someone I would like you to meet” he smiled reassuringly. Kyuhyun nodded a little as they approached a boy, around Kyuhyun’s age, perched on top of a large stone. He had his eyes closed and his legs crossed much like he was deep in thought or mediation, his short blond hair was stuck up, the sides shaved and revealing his natural dark brown hair underneath.
“Jiyong-ssi it’s been a while” Leeteuk smiled, stopping beside the stone, his smile dropping when the boy in question didn’t respond. “Aish. Yah, GD you could at least act happy to see me” he corrected, rolling his eyes with a laugh.
“I thought you had left for good” Jiyong murmured, inhaling deeply before his head snapped to the side, his piercing eyes looking directly at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun didn’t flinch; instead he raised an eyebrow as he looked at Leeteuk before looking back at Jiyong.
“I told you I would be back. Have you even moved from that rock since I left?” Leeteuk chucked while Kyuhyun studied the boy in front of him.

Jiyong was pale with dark eyes, looking like he hadn’t slept in days; there was a slightly blue tint to his lips, matched by the variation of colour in his eyes. His eyes were a mixture of red and blue, his left eye bluer than the right but both held a slight glow. Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes a little, looking at the markings on Jiyong’s forehead but shrugging it off when he failed to recognise them.

“Why is he looking at me like that?” Jiyong asked, noticing the mark on Leeteuk’s neck, his voice snapping Kyuhyun out of his own little world.
“Don’t worry, he won’t hurt you. I think he’s just curious.” Leeteuk smiled. “Kyuhyun this is GD, a close friend of mine. GD this is Kyuhyun…” he paused, smiling at the demon boy beside him. “My boyfriend”
“I don’t like him” Jiyong said blankly, looking away from the two of them as Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.
“Well he’s a little weird. Come on, the faster we meet with your uncle the faster we can go home” Kyuhyun said softly, pulling Leeteuk with him as he turned and walked away.
“He’s been through a lot Kyu, I’ll explain later” Leeteuk smiled as he caught up with the younger.
“He’s ruder than my brother, at least Heechul…” Kyuhyun paused, screwing his eyes tightly shut before he fell to his knees. “Something’s not…” he started before clutching his head in pain as an agonized cry left his mouth.

Leeteuk crouched down, pulling the demon boy close to his chest before he glared at Jiyong, who was staring directly at Kyuhyun, his eyes glowing brightly.
“God Damnit GD stop! You’re hurting him!” Leeteuk shouted as he cradled Kyuhyun’s head, and almost as fast as it had started, the pain stopped and Jiyong closed his eyes, looking away.
“He’s a monster”
“No he isn’t! You have no right to hurt him like that”
“He’s hurt you”
“No he hasn’t. If you do that again or do anything to hurt him without good reason you can consider our friendship over” Leeteuk hissed as he helped Kyuhyun up, walking him out of the courtyard before sitting the demon boy down on the palace steps. “Baby are you alright?” Kyuhyun sighed as he rubbed his head, feeling the last pains fade away.
“What was that…? I don’t understand how he did that”
“He… It’s complicated. He was kidnapped during the war by a group of vampires; they held him for around a week before we finally found him. He was close to death.” He sighed at the memory. “They had kept him locked up in the dark and fed from him every day. He told me that at one point he was so close to death and then one of the vampires made him drink his blood. It started with one and then the rest followed. If he was human he would have been made a full vampire. But because he was an angel it… changed him. He is both angel and vampire now and we can’t change him back. The mix of blood in his body changed the power he had as a pure being; before he was kidnapped he could control plant life. Now… he can control the pain receptors in people’s bodies. We’ve only seen him use it in times of danger. Before the barrier spell was raised I watched him break a vampire’s spine just by looking at him. He’s one of my closest friends, but honestly, he scares me now.”

Kyuhyun nodded slowly, glancing over in Jiyong’s direction to see him sitting almost as still as a statue on the rock.

**

“Today has been exhausting; tell me why we decided to stay and spend the night here?” Kyuhyun sighed as he flopped down onto Leeteuk’s bed before shifting to sit against the headboard.
“Because you’re doing well, later we shall meet with my uncle” Leeteuk smiled. “I think Sungmin may even be warming to you”
“I doubt that somehow”
“Give him a chance, for me? He’s harmless” Leeteuk chuckled as he removed his shoes, placing them beside the door and pulled off his sweater, leaving him in his white wife beater.
“He may be harmless but I’m not” Kyuhyun smirked, biting his lip as he ran his eyes over Leeteuk’s figure.
“Yah, behave, remember where we are” Leeteuk hissed, rolling his eyes as he walked over to the bed and smiled.
“I am behaving! I’ve been behaving all day” Kyuhyun whined as he kicked his shoes off and pushed them off the bed with his feet.
“Exactly, see you can behave”
“Yes but I don’t like it.”
“Well would a kiss make it better?” Leeteuk grinned, climbing on the bed and sitting on Kyuhyun’s lap, running his fingers through the demon boy’s hair. He pressed his lips against Kyuhyun’s, smiling when he felt the demon boy’s arms wrap about his waist, holding him close.
“Kissing you always makes me feel better” Kyuhyun smiled, nuzzling his nose against Leeteuk’s neck before attaching their lips together again.

Leeteuk pulled back reluctantly and smiled, running his thumb along Kyuhyun’s lower lip. “You’re hungry...” he said softly when Kyuhyun kissed his thumb before he looked up to meet the angels eyes.
“I’m okay, don’t worry”
“No, Kyuhyun I can feel it. Plus, we’ve been here for almost twenty four hours and the only blood you have had is the animal blood from dinner, I know you can control yourself this time because you’ve had something already. Remember baby. A little of my blood everyday will keep you strong and keep your urges at bay for now” Leeteuk said softly, threading his fingers in Kyuhyun’s hair and pulling him closer so the demons face was just inches away from his neck.
“You trust me to easily Teukie, especially after the last time… If it hurts or you start to feel even the slightest bit dizzy, pull hard on my hair okay?” Kyuhyun asked, pulling back for a moment to look Leeteuk in the eyes in time for the angel to give a small nod.

Running his tongue along Leeteuk’s neck, Kyuhyun bit down gently, not wanting to hurt him. His arms slipped around the angel’s waist as his mouth was flooded with the hot liquid, a soft groan leaving his throat as he drank. Leeteuk let out a shaky breath as he opened himself up for the demon boy, running his fingers through his hair as he drank.
“Keep going baby. I’m alright” he whispered, feeling Kyuhyun hesitate a little. Kyuhyun smiled, about to bite down harder when there was a knock at the door, giving him just enough time to retract his fangs before the door opened, and the emperor entered.
“Leeteuk I need to…” The Emperor started, his eyes widening at his nephews current position. Kyuhyun turned his head away, hiding the blood on his mouth.
“Yes uncle?” Leeteuk asked, biting his lip lightly as he turned his head to look towards his uncle. “Uncle?” he called out, swallowing hard at the emperor’s now pale white completion.
“Leeteuk… you’re bleeding” he mumbled, his eyes flickering between Leeteuk and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun peaked over Leeteuk’s shoulder, looking apologetically toward the emperor before running his fingers over the blood on Leeteuk’s neck, quickly it off his fingers.
“I’m alright uncle” Leeteuk smiled “Kyuhyun was just…”
“I can see…”
“I’m sorry uncle, I know you don’t think it’s appropriate but he needs my blood to keep him strong. I can feel him weakening, he cannot survive on animal blood alone” he frowned, turning and pressing a kiss to Kyuhyun’s forehead before he climbed off the demon boy’s lap and sat on the edge of the bed.
“What do you mean, you can feel him weakening?” the emperor asked, glancing at Kyuhyun who was sitting on the bed looking rather lost as he wiped the last traces of his blood from around his mouth.
“From the first time he fed from me, and when he gave me his blood, I’ve been able to… feel, when he’s hungry. I don’t know why. I’ve felt him weaken as every hour passed. He needed to feed properly, he feeds from me and me alone so you have nothing to worry about.”
“I understand.. as long as you are able to keep everything under control..” he said cautiously, glancing at Kyuhyun and smiling softly when he noticed all traces of Leeteuk’s blood had now gone. Leeteuk nodded and stood from the bed, reaching for his sweater before pulling it back on, as the sun was beginning to set over the light realm the palace had become peaceful once again. “What did you want uncle?” Leeteuk asked softly with a smile as he turned to his uncle. The emperor smiled and nodded his head a little.
“I wish to speak with you and Kyuhyun in the courtyard, don’t worry neither of you are in trouble” he smiled, giving the two a small nod of his head before leaving without another word.

**

As they made their way to the courtyard there was a pale orange hue, from the setting sun, shining through the palace, sending Kyuhyun into an almost dazed state as he looked on over the realm.
“It’s beautiful…” he said almost inaudibly as his eyes flicked from street to street, the setting sun reflecting off the windows of the houses and cottages, beaming soft light back to the sky. Leeteuk smiled and gave the younger’s hand a small tug, pulling him towards the courtyard where the emperor was waiting.

The king was sitting at the far side of courtyard with a couple of guards stationed on either side of him. The palace grounds were mostly quiet, maids and servants came and went as they began their duties for the night, trades people greeted the emperor as they made their way home and guards passed by quietly with small bows to the royal family. The palace was quiet and peaceful, much different to what Kyuhyun was used to.

Upon joining the emperor, Kyuhyun turned his head as he heard Sungmin’s voice almost echo through the courtyard, a sweet pure and all too familiar scent drifting past him and filling his nose as the prince came into view. Leeteuk turned to look at the younger as he felt him tense, the grip on his hand tightening.
“Blood…” Kyuhyun mumbled, instantly recognising the smell as Sungmin came closer. He squeezed Leeteuk’s hand as he made a fist with his other, his nails digging into his palm and causing small droplets of blood to run from his hand, pooling on the floor. Both Leeteuk and the emperor noticed and glanced worriedly at each other.
“I can smell blood… He… he’s bleeding” Kyuhyun mumbled again and Leeteuk looked at his cousin, shaking his head.
“Kyuhyun I see nothing, there are no wounds” he said softly, continuing to run his eyes over Sungmin’s form before narrowing them to a small red trail at the bottom of his sleeve.
“Leeteuk get him out of here, now!” The emperor snapped, noticing Kyuhyun’s sudden change and feeling the unease from Leeteuk.
“Father, I have a question for our guest” Sungmin said sweetly as he stood just metres away from Kyuhyun. “How long will it be before you attack one of us, hm?” he asked and Kyuhyun tilted his head a little as his eyes began to glow.
“Sungmin I don’t know what you’re doing but please leave” Leeteuk shouted as he held tightly onto Kyuhyun’s hand but it was too late.

Kyuhyun ripped his hand from Leeteuk’s grasp, lunging forward with his fangs bared before he knocked the prince to the floor. Sungmin cried out as Kyuhyun’s teeth pierced his flesh, the burning pain quickly spreading throughout his body as the demon prince drank. He struggled less as he felt his body begin to weaken, Kyuhyun’s grip on both his hair and his body was far too strong for him to ever be able to break the hold. He pressed his hand to Kyuhyun’s chest, trying to focus all of his light but it was no use, as the light transferred into Kyuhyun, so did Sungmin’s blood, cutting the light into nothing but a few sparks.
Suddenly Kyuhyun released Sungmin and screamed as a searing pain shot through him, feeling as though a gun had been fired at his head and several points in his spine simultaneously. He collapsed in pain beside the prince as the emperor held Leeteuk back.
“Kyuhyun! Sungmin what did you do to him?” he shouted as the guards rushed over, helping Sungmin up and supporting him. As the guards pulled Kyuhyun away, Sungmin pressed his hand to his neck, stopping the flow of blood.
“I told you he was a monster!” he cried, looking on as the guards struggled to restrain the dark prince, Sungmin’s blood coursing through him. As Kyuhyun’s hands were forced behind his back, secured by chains forged using the purest of magic, he was forced to his knees, blood dripping from his mouth and chin before a bar was forced between his teeth and secured behind his head with strong cloth to prevent him from harming the guards. Leeteuk pushed past the king and knelt down in front of Kyuhyun, the demon boy’s eyes glowing the brightest purple Leeteuk had ever seen.
“Uncle this isn’t like him at all! I’ve never seen his eyes like this; I’ve never seen him act like this!”

Kyuhyun snarled at the angel, lunging forward but falling to the ground before another shot of pain exploded in his skull as Jiyong looked on from the corner of the courtyard, a smirk fixed on his face.  Kyuhyun writhed in pain on the floor and struggled against the chains before an ear piercing scream shot through the room and his vision went black.

**

Some aspects of this chapter didn't go how I wanted them to but I didn't want to leave you guys waiting any longer.
Although I am afraid there is another cliffhanger but it's not my writing unless I leave you wanting more.
I'll try not to keep you all waiting for chapter 9 but I don't write as much as I used to now. Life gets in the way.
Thank you all for being so patient and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. ♥