Realisation

Sovereignty

It was a beautiful evening in Araqiel, the sun had not long since set leaving an orange tint to the normally blue sky. Araqiel didn’t get dark like the other realms, the sun never set enough for total darkness and there was always a light on the horizon, illuminating the entire realm. Children played whilst their parents went about their quiet lives.
The emperor’s palace was located on top of a hill, overlooking the realm on all sides. Large white walls surrounded the palace and several guards were stationed at the only entrance making entry almost impossible. The guards were a new addition to the palace grounds, ever since the war the emperor was on high alert to anything that could threaten the peace, including the odd demon that finds its way through the portal.
The palace was quiet, the emperor and his staff were gathered in one of the main halls, discussing the events of the past night.

“Leeteuk pay attention this is important!” the emperor hissed as he slammed his hand down onto the large table in front of him, snapping the angel out of his daze.
“Im sorry uncle” Leeteuk mumbled before sitting up straight in his seat.
“Father does he really need to be here?” Sungmin asked, his eyes flickering between his father and Leeteuk, who looked like he was ready to fall asleep right there and then.  “He hasn’t been feeling well all day”
“Yes he does. There was an incident after the party last night, several guests were found dead not far from the venue, we believe the demon that was detected at the party was to blame.” The king started and Leeteuk’s head shot up.
“What?!”
“They had their throats torn open, all were drained of blood and all had a mark on them. Our analysts are studying the mark to figure out what it means, or who it belongs to…I refuse to let them slaughter innocent humans, not to mention the two angels that were killed too. They want to restart the war; I won’t give them the satisfaction”
“Father” Sungmin started, glancing at Leeteuk as he spoke. “What time was the attack?”
“The party ended at midnight. The bodies were found at around 7am. Police place the time of death for most of the victims at around 3am.”
“Im sorry uncle, please excuse me for a minute, I need some air” Leeteuk bowed as he left the confines of the main hall and headed towards the courtyards.

“Sungmin is he alright?” the emperor asked and Sungmin shrugged.
“He said he didn’t get much sleep last night, something about bad dreams…”
“He looks paler than usual, and he’s never this distant. You’re excused my son, go and make sure he’s alright”
“Thank you father” Sungmin bowed before leaving the room. “Where did Leeteuk go?” He asked one of the guards stationed outside the main hall.
“The first courtyard sire” the guard said swiftly and Sungmin bowed.
“Thank you, please make sure we’re not disturbed”

Leeteuk sighed as he sat on the grass in the courtyard, a warm breeze blew against him and he inhaled the fresh air, which instantly seemed to clear his head.  
“Penny for your thoughts cousin” Sungmin smiled as he stood in the doorway, the light from the sunset hitting his eyes and instantly brightening the blue of his irises.
“I remember when life was simpler” Leeteuk sighed as he stretched out on the grass, leaning back on his hands. “Life was so much easier before the war”
“It was, but this is how life was supposed to be, there is nothing we can do to change things im afraid. Is everything alright?” Sungmin asked as he sat down next to the older angel, nudging him with his elbow until he smiled.
“Im fine, I just wanna get some sleep, my head is killing the last thing I want to do is sit and listen to uncle speak for hours.” Leeteuk mumbled, leaning forward to wrap his arms around his knees. 
“Lucky for you, you can avoid it, be thankful! I have no choice but to attend” Sungmin chuckled “You know about things now, the attacks, im sure he will excuse you so you can get some rest”
Leeteuk smiled and nodded stretching his arms and rolling his neck to rid himself of the encroaching stiffness, Sungmin’s eyebrows furred slightly and he reached out his hand, touching the right side of Leeteuk’s neck lightly.
“Sungmin what are you. . .”
“What is that?” he asked as his fingers traced a faint mark on Leeteuk’s neck. “Come with me” Sungmin huffed, grabbing Leeteuk’s hand and pulling him to his feet before walking towards Leeteuk’s bedroom, which was closer than his own.

Sungmin locked the door behind them before pushing Leeteuk in front of the mirror, locking eyes with his cousins reflection in the glass.
“Look at your neck!” Sungmin urged and Leeteuk nodded, pulling his shirt out of the way to see where Sungmin had touched. There was a small triangular mark on his neck with three lines coming from the corners and meeting in the middle; it was faint and slightly bruised around the edges, not very noticeable unless caught in the light.
“I don’t understand, that… that wasn’t there this morning when I had a shower”
“Leeteuk what happened last night?” Sungmin asked as Leeteuk ran his fingers across the mark, it didn’t hurt at all despite the bruising.
“Nothing” Leeteuk said defensively “after we cleaned up the venue I went home and went to bed, I slept the whole night through, nothing but my dreams until the morning”
“That demon you danced with . . .  did he bite you?” Sungmin asked cautiously, Leeteuk shook his head.
“No”
“There was a mark found on each victim found after the party… Leeteuk what if you were their next target?” Sungmin said worryingly, placing a hand on Leeteuk’s shoulder as he bit his lip. “You’re like a brother to me; I can’t lose you to a demon”
“Im alive aren’t I?” Leeteuk smiled “If I was their next target wouldn’t I be dead? Just . . .  don’t mention this to the king please, if he knew he wouldn’t let me go back home. I can’t stay here, my place is in the human realm.”
“I promise . . . but the mark on the bodies . . .  if it is the same mark as yours im telling father”
“Okay, I understand. Im going to get some sleep” Leeteuk smiled as he pulled Sungmin into a hug before kicking off his shoes and climbing into bed.
“Sleep well cousin” Sungmin smiled, before leaving the quiet of Leeteuk’s room and heading back to the main hall.

…..

“Are you Shindong?” Kyuhyun asked as he approached the counter at the coffee shop. The man behind the counter, Shindong, looked up with a smile, his blonde hair catching the light and highlighting the pink strike through his fringe as he ran his eyes over the dark haired boy.
“I certainly am, how can I help you?”
“Im looking for Leeteuk, is he working today?” 
“He’s not im afraid, he’s out of town. You were here on Thursday weren’t you?” Shindong asked as he ushered Kyuhyun over to a booth for them to talk out of the way of customers.
“Yeah… how do you remember me?” Kyuhyun asked his eyebrow furring slightly in frustration. Shindong chuckled.
“Your eyes are hard to forget… Plus Leeteuk seemed pretty happy the other day after you had been in.”
“Interesting” He smirked as he leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table and smirking when Shindong leaned backwards. “You’re scared of me?”
“No… I know what you are… I don’t have a problem with demons; I just prefer to… keep my distance. Leeteuk seems to trust you, that’s the only reason im sat here talking to you right now.”
“That seems wise” he grinned, showing his fangs in an attempt to scare Shindong but it just made the blond stiffen slightly in his seat. “Do you know where Leeteuk is? I need to reach him”
“I think he’s staying at his cousins, he didn’t say where it was… he just told me he would be back on Saturday… tomorrow” he corrected “I could give you his number if you like” he smiled before getting up.
“Perfect” Kyuhyun smirked, a mischievous twinkle in his eye as he got up and followed Shindong to the counter. Shindong pulled out a large file, filled with names and addresses of all the employees. He let out a small laugh when he noticed Leeteuk’s address on the page, before Shindong noted down Leeteuk’s number and closed the book. 
“Here you go, im sorry I couldn’t help more” Shindong bowed as Kyuhyun took the paper.
“No no this is a big help, thank you Shindong” he smiled before pulling out his phone and heading towards the door.

……

When Leeteuk awoke the sun was up, shining through the curtains and illuminating the entire room. Sitting up in bed he stretched out the kinks in his neck and let out a small sigh. He felt better, his headache had gone and his skin was less clammy than it had been the previous day. He ran his fingers across his neck as he thought over the night of the party.
“The dream” he gasped, biting his lip as realisation hit him and Kyuhyun’s words from that night played over in his head ‘This is all you’ ‘Im dreaming aren’t I?’ ‘Maybe… More than likely, yes’
“It wasn’t a dream. . .” he mumbled as he ran his fingers through his hair “He was there that night, in my apartment… my bedroom. The kisses, the touches… they were all real, that means… he bit me, that mark is his” He sighed and let himself fall back onto his pillow, minutes later there was a knock at the door.
“Come in” he mumbled lazily, leaning his head in his hands as the door opened and Sungmin entered.
“Morning how’re you feeling?”
“Better now thank you.”
“Good” Sungmin smiled as he perched on the end of the bed “We found out from the analysts about the mark on the bodies. They narrowed it down to a member of or someone close to the royal family … it’s not the same demon that marked you. This mark was a bold circle with a strike through it, they figured out it means shadow but that’s all they know right now”
“Shadow” Leeteuk mumbled. “it doesn’t ring any bells”
“We just need to find out where your mark came from”
“Its fine Sungmin, ill figure it out when I get back home” Leeteuk smiled as he shuffled out of bed “I need to get back, I have work this afternoon I can’t be late”
“I understand, you have commitments, as do I… which I need to get on with before father wakes” He laughed as he embraced Leeteuk warmly.
“I’ll see you soon cousin” Leeteuk smiled as he grabbed his bag from the floor and swung it over his shoulder.
“I’ll call you” Sungmin smiled, waving as Leeteuk left the confines of his bedroom and headed towards the portal.

It was 10am when Leeteuk got back to the human realm; the streets were mostly quiet as the majority of people were either at work, still asleep or just waking up to the new day. He walked the half hour walk back to his apartment, passing Kyuhyun’s block as he walked. He stopped for a few minutes and looked up at the black curtains in Kyuhyun’s window.
“He’ll be sleeping . . . im sure I’ll see him soon enough anyway” he sighed before continuing home.
Once he arrived home he took a shower, riding himself of the small aches in his muscles, ate breakfast and got dressed for work before heading out to the café.

……

“Leeteuk are you sure you’re alright to close up?” Shindong asked as he wiped down his last table and hooked the cloth onto his belt.
“Sure it’s quiet, ill just wait for the couple in the corner to finish their coffee and then ill close up” leeteuk smiled “I can get the back swept while I wait, go home, spend some time with Nari, im sure she misses you, you always seem to be working these days”
“Thanks. I’ll make it up to you, I promise. I’ll see you on Monday” Shindong smiled as he left his apron and cloth on the side and grabbed his bag.
“See you Monday” Leeteuk nodded as Shindong left the café.

It had just been the two of them all day; most Saturdays were busy but today was the exception. There had been a busy few hours at the peak of the day but it calmed down after that, giving the two of them chance keep the café clean and in order.
Leeteuk waved goodbye as the last costumers left, turning the open sign to closed as he closed the door before he entered the back room.

“Its 6pm, what are you still doing at work?” a voice asked from the corner of the room, Leeteuk sighed.
“What are you doing here? You can’t just show up whenever you feel like it”
“Boy you know how to make someone feel wanted”
“Kyuhyun” Leeteuk sighed as he leaned against one of the kitchen counters, opposite to the one that the young demon was sitting on. “You know what I mean.”
“I tried to get in touch. Shindong said you were out of town”
“Yeah. . . Sungmin needed my help with something” he lied “Are you okay?” he asked as he looked over to the counter where Kyuhyun was sat.
He looked pale, making his eyes appear unusually dark in contrast to his pale skin. His glasses were perched on the bridge of his nose as he sat with his bottom lip pulled between his teeth, biting it nervously but not enough to pierce the skin.
“Im fine” He smiled “Just had a rough couple of days, it happens more often than I would like but its something I’ve learnt to live with”
“Why. . .” Leeteuk started, shaking the question off, not wanting to get on the wrong side of the young demon.
“Its alright you know, you’re allowed to ask” Kyuhyun laughed as he pushed himself off the counter “I have depression” he shrugged “It’s a long story of how it started, one I can’t go into. So yes, the twisted demon boy you have a date with tomorrow night is even more twisted than you already knew. Sorry”
“Don’t be sorry, depression isn’t exactly something you can help. Don’t worry; I won’t impose, if you want to tell me you will, in your own time” Leeteuk sighed as he brought his hand to his neck. “Kyuhyun, Thursday night after the party… How did you get into my apartment?”
“You figured it out then” he smirked “You left your door unlocked. I came to check you were alright, I know what this town is like at night; I could sense you so I found your apartment easy. When I got there it felt like you were in distress so I checked the door, it opened and when I went to see if you were alright I saw you sleeping. You were just dreaming, that’s what I could sense.” He smiled “You… You said my name as I was about to leave, which made me leaving impossible”
Leeteuk’s head shot up, his eyes widening as if someone had told him the world was about to end.
“I… I don’t remember any dream, I don’t remember saying your name, I just remember” he paused, biting his lip as he turned away “I just remember kissing you, everything in-between, and then you biting me. Sungmin found the mark this morning”

Kyuhyun smiled “Well its nice to know im thought about, even if you don’t remember why you were thinking of me. Are we still on for tomorrow?” 
“After you asked me so nicely? Of course” Leeteuk smiled, jumping slightly as he felt Kyuhyun’s arms s around his waist, pulling him so Leeteuk’s back was flushed to his chest.
“Then I shall see you tomorrow” He whispered as he pressed a kiss to Leeteuk’s neck.
Leeteuk pressed his hands to the kitchen counters in front of him to steady himself, preparing himself for Kyuhyun biting him again but it never came, instead the warmth of Kyuhyun’s body pressed up against him disappeared when the demon boy left, almost as quick as he arrived.
“Kyuhyun?” Leeteuk called as he left the kitchen and went to the front of the café. “He really needs to stop doing that” he sighed as he realised he was indeed alone.
Having gotten everything done he pulled off his apron and pulled on his jacket, there was a chill in the air matched with a soft layer of snow covering the streets and cars outside.
“I’ve been paying so little attention to things today, I didn’t even know it was snowing” he mumbled to himself as he grabbed his keys and locked the door behind him.

The Snow was still falling, crunching under-foot as he walked towards home and a new crunching behind him made him feel uneasy as darkness crept through the streets, every corner he turned and street he walked down, the crunching followed, but he daren’t look back.
Around twenty minutes away from his apartment his phone buzzed in his pocket, taking it out he stumbled slightly on the slippery path as he read the message flashing on his screen.

To: Leeteuk
From: Unknown
Message: You’re being followed. Don’t look behind you just keep walking. Take the next left.


Leeteuk swallowed hard as he fought the temptation to look over his shoulder, he knew whoever it was, was still behind him because of the crunch of the snow underfoot. He sighed, deciding to trust his instincts and listen to the text.
He turned the corner, taking the next left as the text had said. Just as he was passing a small alley way an arm reached out and grabbed him, pulling him into the darkness. He closed his eyes tightly as he was pushed against a wall, a strong body holding him in place as a cold hand pressed over his mouth. Voices approached and Leeteuk finally opened his eyes, relaxing slightly when he saw Kyuhyun looking back at him, he smiled, releasing the hold on Leeteuk’s body as he raised a finger to his lips before taking his hand away from Leeteuk’s mouth.
Leeteuk opened his mouth to speak and Kyuhyun shook his head, seconds later a largely built male and a smaller male passed the alley.
“Vampires” Kyuhyun whispered as he took Leeteuk’s hand and lead him out of the alley and back to the main street.
“That text was from you?”
“Yes… They’ve been following you since you left the café I needed to warn you but I couldn’t let them know I was around”
“Why?”
“Vampires live how they like, they don’t listen to anything my father says. They cause problems; I try my best to avoid them.”
“How did you know they were following me?” Leeteuk asked as he let go of Kyuhyun’s hand and wrapped his arms around himself, pulling his jacket close to keep out the cold. Kyuhyun frowned as he flexed his fingers.
“I caught their scent when I left the café… they were waiting for you to leave. Here, you’re cold” Kyuhyun shrugged off his jacket and wrapped it around Leeteuk’s shoulders. He rubbed the tops of the angel’s arms quickly to warm him, his hands lingering for a few seconds before he pulled away.
“Thank you but aren’t you cold?” Leeteuk asked and Kyuhyun shrugged.
“Im used to the cold, Abaddon isn’t the warmest place to grown up in. A little snow doesn’t bother me”

The two of them walked along the main street back to Leeteuk’s apartment in silence, the snow was falling harder now and settling in Kyuhyun’s dark hair. Leeteuk held Kyuhyun’s jacket around him tightly to keep the heat in and the snow out. 
“Im sorry Leeteuk” Kyuhyun sighed as he rubbed his hands together before slipping them into the pockets of his jeans.
“Apology accepted but why are you sorry?”
“The other day… After the party, it shouldn’t have happened, I shouldn’t have lead you to believe you were dreaming… I just, needed to be sure of something and I got caught up in the moment.”
“Sure, of what? I don’t understand, Kyuhyun what do you mean?”
“I… I had to be sure that what was drawing me to you wasn’t just your blood… but you”
“Go on…”
Kyuhyun sighed.
“The night we first met, when Hangeng introduced us, I felt drawn to you. The killer hangover I had didn’t help but your blood just smelled so inviting…”
“Which is why you almost bit me…” Leeteuk interrupted and Kyuhyun nodded.
“Yes… The night of the party that pull was there again, dancing with you was… amazing, you were so close to me and you smelled so good, but there was something else, because I didn’t want to hurt you… I don’t want to hurt you, in fact I feel this strange need to protect you. After I kissed you I didn’t want to be away from you, that’s what lead to your apartment and that’s why I could sense you, because you were thinking about me… I don’t know what all of this means right now but when I figure it out I’ll let you know” Kyuhyun smiled as they stopped in front of Leeteuk’s apartment block.

The snow had eased off a little and Kyuhyun looked up towards the sky, the small white flakes falling softly on his face and wetting his glasses.
“I don’t need protecting… But thank you for walking me home” Leeteuk said quietly and Kyuhyun smiled.
“Im good at two things… Protecting people or killing them, in all honestly I would much rather protect you, so just let me.”
“We may come from two different worlds, but you and I aren’t really that different” Leeteuk smiled as he leaned in and pressed a kiss to Kyuhyun’s cheek, biting his lip as he pulled back “Goodnight Kyuhyun, get home safe”
“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be alright. I’ll see you tomorrow at eight, Goodnight”
Kyuhyun watched through the clear glass doors as Leeteuk entered the apartment block and got into the elevator, smiling when the angel waved goodbye as the door closed, before he set off home.

******

Leeteuk awoke the next morning tangled in his blanket. He was dressed in sweat pants and a black vest with Kyuhyun’s jacket still pulled around him, keeping him warm. He closed his eyes and inhaled, taking in Kyuhyun’s scent. “I wonder if he knows im thinking of him” He smiled to himself as he pulled the blanket up to his chin, refusing to leave the warmth of his bed. Looking outside he noticed a considerable amount of snow on his balcony and more was still falling. A buzz from his phone on the bedside table made him jump; lazily he reached for it and opened the message.

To: Leeteuk
From: Unknown
Message: Yes I know. :)


He smiled as he typed in a quick message.

To: Unknown
From: Leeteuk
Message: That’s kind of creepy… Good morning.


Send.

To: Leeteuk
From: Unknown
Message: What can I say, im a creepy person. Good morning beautiful, how did you sleep?


“Beautiful... why does him calling me that feel so nice?” he smiled.

 To: Kyuhyun
From: Leeteuk
Message: I slept well thank you, and you? I forgot to give you your jacket back last night. Oh and I added your number to my phone, you’re no longer unknown.

To: Leeteuk
From: Kyuhyun
Message: I slept as well as I could, thank you for asking. My jacket? Id forgot all about that, its fine I have enough of them. I like being unknown it means I can send you whatever I like and you wouldn’t know it was me, but now I can’t get away with it. How dare you spoil my fun.

To: Kyuhyun
From: Leeteuk
Message: If you’re sure. Is it really spoiling your fun? Because you’ll probably still send me whatever you like. I have things to do; I’ll see you tonight.

To: Leeteuk
From: Kyuhyun
Message: You have a very valid point there! I need to go see my brother but I’ll be back before our date, wouldn’t miss it for the world!


Kyuhyun stretched as he climbed out of bed and headed towards the kitchen, sighing when he opened the door to his empty refrigerator. Two bottles of water, a carton of orange juice… and a glass with a few drops of blood in the bottom.
“Aish just what I need right now” he grabbed a bottle of water, opening the cap and popping his tablet into his mouth before having a long drink. He picked up his phone and called Heechul’s number, after it rang around six times, a rather annoyed Heechul answered.

“Yah! Do you have any idea what time it is?”
“I do, its 9am” Kyuhyun smirked at his brothers annoyance.
For you maybe, its 4am here! Kyuhyun what’s so important it couldn’t wait until at least 11?”
“I just needed to talk to you about something, I was going to come over but if you don’t want me to I understand. Im sorry for waking you”
Kyuhyun-ah wait! Come over, I’ll just sleep later” Heechul sighed, his breathing harsh.
“If you’re sure… What are you doing?” Kyuhyun asked as he sat by the window, watching the snow fall across the city.
“Im attempting to get dressed in the dark so I don’t wake up Hannie, its not as easy as you’d think with a phone pressed to my ear”
he grunted before a thud sounded out and a scraping sound could be heard on Kyuhyun’s end. “ sorry Kyu, fell over putting my pants on, my phone went flying” He laughed.
“I figured as much, you never have been very co-ordinated first thing in a morning. I’ll be round soon.”
Okay, just don’t take too long or im going back to bed”

******

Kyuhyun arrived at Abaddon an hour later, passing multiple demons on his way to the palace. Some ignored his presence others glared at him, thinking him a traitor for leaving the realm, and those still loyal to him smiled and bowed. The sun was beginning to rise and the blood red light began casting shadows around every corner, creating the perfect place for vampires to avoid the sun.
“Good morning sire” One of the guards bowed as Kyuhyun approached, opening the gates to let him pass.
“Good morning” Kyuhyun nodded as he entered the grounds.

A large black wolf growled at him as he approached the door, teeth bared as it stood in his way, almost challenging him.
“Jae move please” Kyuhyun sighed as he stopped, crossing his arms across his chest as he glared at the wolf but it didn’t move. “Move!” he growled as he bared his fangs. The wolf lowered his head as it backed up and allowed Kyuhyun to pass.
“Kyuhyun what are you doing here?” a voice called as he entered the palace, the wolf following behind him before he closed the door. He looked up along the balcony at the top of the stairs to see Junsu leaning on the wooden railings with his head in his hand, his fingernails standing out against his pale skin. He whistled and the wolf left Kyuhyun’s side before running up the stairs.
“Im here to see Heechul… I couldn’t sleep, not that it matters, this is my home after all” Kyuhyun shrugged as he headed up the stairs.
The wolf shifted and was replaced by a tall thin male with black hair and tattoo’s scattered across his body. He wrapped his arms around Junsu from behind, pressing up against the blond.
“He’s cranky in a morning” he breathed against Junsu’s ear before biting down on his earlobe softly with a growl.
“He’s always cranky Jaejoong” Junsu closed his eyes and smiled as he threaded his fingers with Jaejoong’s. “Are you going to put some clothes on?”
“You’re such a spoil sport” Jaejoong pouted before shifting again, nipping at Junsu’s ankles before running down the stairs, tail swaying happily behind him.
“Baby I didn’t mean it like that” Junsu laughed as he walked down the stairs after Jaejoong.

Kyuhyun reached Heechul’s bedroom, opening the door quietly to find he wasn’t there. Hangeng was sleeping, stretched out over the large double bed taking complete advantage of the emptiness.
“Wrong room” Heechul’s voice came from behind Kyuhyun, from his own bedroom. He shook his head as he turned around and walked into his bedroom to find Heechul lying across his bed in nothing but his boxers.
“Aish I wish you would put some clothes on before lying on my bed!”
“Why?” Heechul smirked “It’s not like it’s the worst thing I’ve done on this bed, I just always make sure the sheets are clean before you come back” he laughed and Kyuhyun shuddered.
“I didn’t need to know that! Nor do I want to know what you get up to on my bed whilst im not here” Kyuhyun scoffed as he walked over, perching on the end of his bed beside Heechul.
“Don’t worry, I won’t go into details. So what’s up? What’s so important that It couldn’t wait until later”
Kyuhyun sighed as he picked at the hem of his t-shirt.
“I… I have a date tonight” he smiled and Heechul sat up, his ears twitching as he tilted his head to the side slightly.
“My little brother is dating again and I didn’t know about it? When did this happen?”  
“We’re not dating… at least I don’t think so, I want to but…”
“Kyuhyun-ah” Heechul whined “You’re not making any sense!” Kyuhyun sighed.
“His name is Leeteuk; he’s a friend of Hangeng’s. We met the other night when Hannie walked me home… He… He is the reason I went to the party.”
“The party being hosted by Emperor Lee?” Heechul asked and Kyuhyun nodded.  “Wait… Kyu please tell me he’s human…”
Kyuhyun leaned forward, resting his head in his hands as Heechul leapt off the bed, peering out down the hallways before he locked the door and sat back down next to Kyuhyun on the bed.

“He isn’t human is he…”
“No…”
“You’ve gotten yourself involved with an angel haven’t you” Heechul sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair, hitting Kyuhyun over the back of his head with his tail in frustration. “I guess I can’t stop you. Just be careful…After what happened the last time…”
“I know… Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. Make me a promise?”
“Sure”
“Don’t hurt him. When you eventually meet him, promise me you’ll be nice and won’t do anything to hurt him”
“You say that like im a horrible person! I promise. You’re my baby brother, why would I hurt him if he actually makes you happy?” Heechul smiled as he wrapped his arms around the younger demon, hugging him tightly.
“Thank you” Kyuhyun smiled as he returned the hug “Don’t tell father, or anyone else for that matter, please. I know father won’t approve, he’ll probably have him killed…”
“Don’t worry; your secret is safe with me. After all isn’t that what big brothers are for” Heechul grinned as he jumped off the bed, his tail curled round his leg as he walked to the door.
“Im going to go and get dressed, then you and I are going to feed, and you can tell me all about your new boyfriend.”
“He’s not my boyfriend! Not yet anyway, and I don’t want to jinx anything so don’t call him that” Kyuhyun whined, fiddling with his glasses as Heechul left the room.

Kyuhyun climbed off his bed and headed towards his closet, changing out of his vest and sweatpants and pulling on a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. He sighed as he remembered where his favourite jacket was, a smile creeping onto his face as Leeteuk entered his mind.
“You’re thinking about him aren’t you” Heechul smiled as he stood in the doorway to Kyuhyun’s bedroom wearing a pair of black jeans, a black vest top and a black jacket. The entire outfit was finished with a black choker with a small silver cross hanging from the centre.
“So what if I am” Kyuhyun smirked as he pulled on a jumper and slipped on his shoes “Let’s go” he smiled as he and Heechul left the room, and soon the palace.

******

In an empty room of the palace, abandoned after the war for fear of the main wall caving in, sat two demons joined by two worried vampires. The silence made the room eerie and uncomfortable until sharp black fingernails began to tap on the chair arm, echoing throughout the room and making the two vampires increasingly uneasy.
“You failed me!” A voice hissed within the darkness and the vampires stiffened.
“We’re sorry” the two vampires said in unison as they stood in front of a large wooden table, their heads bowed out of respect.
“You had one simple task. To separate them, make sure they didn’t see each other”
“Forgive us master”

“Why does it matter so much?” Another voice asked as a dark haired male approached from behind.
“I do not like it, he’s too happy” A blond haired demon hissed as the older male embraced him from behind, his lips trailing over the younger’s neck.
“Master what else can we do? Kyuhyun won’t leave the angel” the larger of the two vampires whined, afraid to make eye contact with the demon in front of him.
“Then we shall just have to fix it, and if you fail this time it will be the end of you both” the blond smirked, his red eyes almost glowing in the darkness.
“How do we do you suggest we do that my love?” The dark haired demon asked as he ran his hands down the younger mans chest.
“We kill him”
“But master, we cannot kill the prince. The king will find out, we will be put to death” the smaller vampire gasped.
“You idiot, not the prince” The dark haired demon scoffed as a sweet smile played upon the blonds lips. A few minutes passed, the tapping had ceased and the silence was back, until the blonde smirked before he spoke.
“We kill the angel”