Celebration

Sovereignty

A/N: From now on, thing's are going to get exciting! I hope you all enjoy!
       As always, comments and feedback are appreciated.
 




Sungmin stared off into the far side of the room as more and more guests began to enter the party. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk had been gone for well over an hour with no word to anyone about where they were going or when they would be back. Sungmin was sat beside his father on the stage, with Changmin sitting on his other side, as he absentmindedly picked at his fingernails. The glimpse Sungmin had been given into Kyuhyun’s feelings and hunger left the light prince conflicted over his own feelings towards the demon prince. He felt sorry for the younger man as a result of the hunger he felt every day of his life. He also couldn’t fight the fear he felt towards Kyuhyun, regardless of whether he was a danger or not. 

Changmin glanced towards the young prince before he reached out and squeezed his arm gently.
“My lord, are you okay?” Changmin asked as he snapped Sungmin out of his daze. Sungmin smiled.
“I’m fine, just thinking. I didn’t know you could do that, search through people’s memories I mean.”
“I don’t use it much anymore. It’s very invasive, as you saw, it can be very overwhelming.” 

“Was what you showed me really only a fraction of what Kyuhyun lives with on a daily basis?” Sungmin asked and Changmin nodded.
“Only what he feels when he is with Leeteuk. What I showed you when you were hugging him was how being in close proximity to you, specifically your neck, made him feel. He has learned to deal with being around Leeteuk, he’s had enough time to adjust given how long they’ve been together now. Your blood is new. Your blood is stronger.”
“I was trying to apologise to him but I think I just made things worse. He was close to biting me, I know that for myself. I gave him so much grief when we first met. I called him a monster, called his mother a .. I’m ashamed of myself, Changmin. How do I make it to him? How do I make this right?”
“I think it’s safe to say you’ve grown up a lot since you first met Kyuhyun, my lord, you both have. He’s proved himself on several occasions that he has only good intentions towards Leeteuk, and your father. Kyuhyun will leave the party tonight with Leeteuk as his fiancé, we know that for sure. The question is, will he leave here with you as his friend?”
“I hope so. I’m tired of making myself the bad guy.”
“All you can do is try, my lord. I’m sure that Kyuhyun feels the same by now too.”
“Thank you, Changmin. I’m glad you’re back with us.” Sungmin smiled and Changmin bowed his head.
“As am I. If you’ll excuse me i’m going to make sure that Yunho is welcoming our guests in the proper manner.” Changmin chuckled as he glanced across the hall and laid his eyes on Yunho. The older man was standing rather awkwardly by the inner doors. As people filtered into the hall Yunho extended a hand as if to show them the way before he greeted the next set of people entering the building. 

“Do you think he’s doing okay down there on his own?” Sungmin asked and Changmin let hum.
“I’m not sure. We know what Yunho can be like around large groups of people. I’ll let you know when I return.” Changmin stood up and gave both Sungmin and Emperor Lee a small bow before he left the stage and made his way towards where Yunho stood.

 

Yunho had never been very good at being surrounded by large groups of people, regardless of whether they were human or angelic. The older angel preferred small groups of people over crowds whereas Changmin thrived off both small and larger groups alike. 

Sungmin glanced around the room with a puzzled look on his face before he turned to his father.
“Are Leeteuk and Kyuhyun not back yet?” He asked and Emperor Lee shook his head.
“I haven’t seen them. I’m sure that they just want to make sure Kyuhyun is calm enough before they return. Hopefully they’ll be back with us soon. I wouldn’t worry, Sungmin.”

 

****
 

Kyuhyun sighed softly as he lay on the sofa in the dressing room with Leeteuk cuddled up against his side. Leeteuk had his head resting on Kyuhyun’s shoulder as he traced patterns along his chest, earning small content hums from the younger. Neither of the pair knew how long it had been since they had left the party but neither seemed to care, instead they laid together, simply enjoying each other’s company and the sound of their breathing. 

“Feel better now?” Kyuhyun mumbled with a smile when he glanced down and met Leeteuk’s eyes. Leeteuk’s face was still flushed slightly but the angel was relaxed. He snuggled closer to Kyuhyun’s body, hooking his leg over the youngers thigh before pressing a kiss to his chest. 

“Much better. How about you?” Leeteuk asked and Kyuhyun smiled. He Leeteuk’s back softly before pressing lazy kisses to the angels forehead. 

“I'm happy” He grinned “But I feel better. I'm calm, relaxed, I don't feel hungry anymore.. For now at least.”

“That's good, I'm glad. I think this was good for both of us. Not just because, well, with you is always amazing” he laughed softly making Kyuhyun smirk a little “We've both been frustrated today and we both know that your frustration turns to hunger eventually.” Kyuhyun nodded in agreement before the music from the party began to reach his ears and he sighed.
“We should probably get dressed and head back to the party” He grumbled as he pulled Leeteuk closer to him, holding him close as though he never wanted to let the angel go, because he very much didn’t. Leeteuk giggled softly and kissed Kyuhyun’s throat before pressing a soft kiss to his lips. Kyuhyun melted into the kiss with a small and content hum before they both pulled back.
“They’re going to wonder where we went.” Leeteuk let out a soft chuckle when he finally sat up and stretched before he swung his legs off the sofa and leant down to pick up his and Kyuhyun’s trousers off the floor.
“Let them wonder” Kyuhyun hummed as he sat up and pressed his lips to Leeteuk’s shoulder “Or we can just tell them.” Kyuhyun smiled as he ran his eyes over Leeteuk’s legs, his smile turning to a grin when he reached the angel’s left leg. He reached out and ran a finger over the obvious bite mark now sitting proudly on Leeteuk’s inner thigh, an action that made Leeteuk shiver. “You need to ban me from biting your neck more often. The sound you made when I bit you here..” He paused and hummed in approval against the angel’s shoulder. Leeteuk smiled and pulled his lip between his teeth before he gently grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and pressed a kiss to the back of it.
“Maybe next time I'll bite you there and then you’ll see what it feels and why I made that noise. Although something tells me it won’t have quite the same effect.” Kyuhyun smirked against Leeteuk’s shoulder and pressed several kisses to the nape of his neck before he pressed his lips to his neck.
“I propose we stay here then and you can find out.” Leeteuk shook his head with a smile and pushed Kyuhyun’s trousers against the younger man’s chest with a small huff, making Kyuhyun pout.
“Behave and put your trousers on. We have to get back.”

 

After they had gotten dressed, fixed their hair and made themselves presentable, Leeteuk poked his head out of the door and glanced around both sides of the hallway. Two guards passed by the end of the hallway in the direction of the back door to the building and Leeteuk smiled. He took Kyuhyun’s hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.
“Time to face the music.” Leeteuk chuckled as they made their way down the hallway and past several guests before they reached the door leading back into the party.
Hello uncle, I hope you don’t mind us slipping out of the party for a while” Kyuhyun started as he attempted to mimic Leeteuk’s voice the best that he could, but ultimately failed “Kyuhyun needed to feed and I just couldn’t keep my hands to myself so I dragged him into one of the back rooms and-” Leeteuk suddenly stopped and spun around on his heals as Kyuhyun spoke. The smirk on the younger man’s lips was a dead giveaway as to what the next words out of his mouth would be but before he could say them Leeteuk clamped a hand over his mouth.
“Stop. Now” Leeteuk whined but the amusement in his voice was obvious. “Nobody needs to know about our life, especially my uncle!” Kyuhyun huffed behind Leeteuk’s hand before he poked out his tongue and ran it across the angel’s palm and Leeteuk frowned. “You’re gross.” When Leeteuk removed his hand, wiping his palm on his trousers, Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around his waist and leaned in close to his ear with a smirk.
“Of all of the things my tongue has touched tonight, i’m gross for your hand?” He hummed questionably but Leeteuk shrugged off his question, simply smiling with a small blush on his cheeks before he grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and pulled him through the door and back into the main hall. 

In the time that the pair had been away from the party the number of guests had almost tripled, the main hall was now filled with guests from both the human and light realm. Each table that surrounded the dance floor was occupied with guests but the table closest to the stage, that had been reserved for Kyuhyun and Leeteuk, remained empty.
 

As Leeteuk lead Kyuhyun quietly back towards their table Emperor Lee spotted the pair out of the corner of his eye. He narrowed his eyes for a moment before he cleared his throat.
“Leeteuk, Kyuhyun! Where have you been?” He called out softly and when the pair came to a stop, Leeteuk sighed.
“They know” Kyuhyun grinned playfully but when Leeteuk gently elbowed him in the stomach his grin turned into a pout.
“They don’t know anything, behave.” Leeteuk pulled Kyuhyun with him as he stepped up to join his uncle and Sungmin on the stage.
“We were beginning to think you weren’t coming back. How are you feeling now, Kyuhyun?” Emperor Lee asked and Kyuhyun smiled. He wrapped his arms around Leeteuk’s arm as if he was using the angel as an anchor and when he looked at Sungmin his expression softened slightly.
“I’m okay, just needed some air but I feel better now.”
“Plenty of fresh air” Leeteuk smiled “And my blood.. But everything is alright now. Just, please be more careful Sungmin. Things could have ended very badly tonight.”
“I know, I'm sorry. I didn’t think, it was stupid of me.”
“It’s alright, Sungmin. You’re not used the precautions needed around me. I know you didn’t do it on purpose.” Kyuhyun smiled and Leeteuk’s smile grew. He was happy that Kyuhyun was being friendly towards his cousin and that Sungmin seemed to be changing his attitude towards the demon prince. There was still a lot of work that was needed between the princes’ but change was coming, Leeteuk could feel it.

 

As the night progressed Kyuhyun felt himself relaxing into the atmosphere of the party. When Leeteuk shared in conversation with guests at the party, Kyuhyun stood by his side with a firm but gentle grip on the angel’s hand. He joined in the conversation when he was spoken to but for the most part he remained silent. He still wasn’t used to being welcomed into their world so openly. Over the majority of his life Kyuhyun kept his interactions with humans to a minimum over fears that one day he might lose control and give in to his hunger. The friends he had lived mostly in the demon realm with only a select few living in the human realm. Over time, his human friends had moved on with their lives and started families but Kyuhyun was fine with being forgotten, it made life easier if he had less people worrying about him.
 

Leeteuk was speaking to a couple who often helped Emperor Lee with duties in the human realm. He had met them after the war had ended and they had assisted in creating the peace treaty that had brought peace to the three realms. They both held high ranking positions in the government but no matter how much Kyuhyun tried to feel comfortable around them, the way they looked at him put him on edge. He squeezed Leeteuk’s hand gently, as a subtle way of telling the angel that he was uncomfortable, before he leaned in close and spoke. 

“I’m going to get a drink, can I get you anything?” He asked as his lips ghosted Leeteuk’s ear, bringing a smile to the older man’s face. Leeteuk turned and pressed a soft kiss to Kyuhyun’s lips.
“I’ll have whatever you’re having, my love. Thank you.” Kyuhyun smiled and as he released his hold on Leeteuk’s hand he turned to the couple and bowed his head politely.
“Please excuse me” he smiled but his smile faltered when they remained expressionless towards him. “I don’t like them, they’re rude” Kyuhyun scoffed, intentionally raising his voice for the couple to hear. Leeteuk couldn’t help but laugh when their jaws dropped but before either of them could react, the demon prince was gone.

 

The party had an open bar and several glasses of champagne, wine and various liquors were poured ready for the guests to help themselves. Kyuhyun picked up a glass of champagne and drank it down in three big gulps before he set the glass down and his lips. He heard familiar laughter beside him and when he turned his head Sungmin was standing a short distance away.
“What are you laughing at?” Kyuhyun huffed.
“You look stressed. That glass of champagne never stood a chance.” Sungmin chuckled and raised his own glass to his lips, taking a sip of the purplish red liquid. “Are my father’s guests getting too much for you?”
“People are so rude. Leeteuk’s talking to two stuck up people who said they helped with the  peace treaty. Like I care! I was being polite but they made it obvious that I wasn’t welcome.” Kyuhyun shrugged before he took a shot of Soju that had been poured for him. “I don’t deal well with large crowds for extended periods of time, especially when I don’t feel welcome. You put free alcohol in front of me and it won’t last long. I was only supposed to be getting myself and Leeteuk a drink.” 

“Take your wine and go and sit at your table. I’ll drag Leeteuk away and bring him back to you. You don’t need to feel forced into meeting people, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin smiled and Kyuhyun sighed.
“I’m just trying to be polite. Most people have been welcoming but they ruined it” Kyuhyun grumbled as he glanced over to where Leeteuk was standing and when Sungmin’s eyes landed on the couple Leeteuk was talking to, he laughed softly.
“Ah, don’t worry, my father doesn’t like those two very much either. It isn’t just you they are rude to. Sadly we have to invite them to these parties. Don’t worry about being nice to them.”
“I’d just rather avoid them from now on.” Kyuhyun drank down another shot before he picked up two glasses of wine and made his way over to their table without another word.

 

Sungmin made his way through the crowd and over to where Leeteuk was standing before he rested his hand on his cousin’s shoulder and squeezed gently.
“Sorry to intrude, may I borrow Leeteuk?” Sungmin asked with a smile as he came into view of the couple speaking with Leeteuk. They instantly bowed their heads in respect for the prince and gave Sungmin a smile.
“Of course not, sire.” 

Leeteuk looked around when Sungmin pulled him away from the couple. Kyuhyun had left to fetch them both a drink but Leeteuk didn’t see the young demon anywhere.
“Sungmin, where’s Kyu?” He asked and Sungmin smiled.
“I told him that I would rescue you so he didn’t have to spend anymore time around those two.”
“You spoke to him? When?” Leeteuk asked and when Sungmin laughed softly he raised an eyebrow.
“At the bar a few minutes ago. I told him to go and sit down at your table. If I hadn’t there would be no drinks left for the rest of the guests. I think he’s on edge.”
“Thank you, Sungmin. He’s trying so hard but I can feel him struggling. I think he needs a little bit of recharge time away from the crowds.”  

Just moments later Leeteuk and Sungmin arrived at the reserved table where Kyuhyun was sitting. The demon prince was sat in the darker area of the booth with his head back against the seat and his eyes closed. His wine glass was placed in front of him but half of the dark liquid was already gone. 

“Kyuhyun” Leeteuk called out softly before he shuffled to sit beside the younger man and pressed a kiss to his cheek. “How are you holding up, my love?” he asked and Kyuhyun smiled.
“I’m alright. Just needed some space.” When Kyuhyun opened his eyes Leeteuk and Sungmin noticed an all too familiar faint glow to their colour. Leeteuk reached out and squeezed Kyuhyun’s hand but when Sungmin tensed a little Kyuhyun gave him a smile.
“Don’t worry, it’s a natural reaction when i’m around so many people, especially when half of the people here are of pure blood. Alcohol helps.”
“That’s why you were happy to be at the bar for a while?” Sungmin laughed softly but it wasn’t a question he needed an answer to. Kyuhyun smiled as he linked his fingers with Leeteuk’s.
“I’m glad you told me to sit back down because too much alcohol makes it worse. If I drink too much alcohol I get hungry. If I get hungry… Well, we know how that ends.” Sungmin nodded in understanding and when Leeteuk shifted closer to Kyuhyun, he smiled.
“I need to go and greet more of our guests. I’ll leave you in each others company and see you both in a little while.” He shot the pair a smile before he turned and disappeared back into the crowd.

 

Leeteuk took a sip of his wine and sat back against the booth. He ran his fingers gently up and down Kyuhyun’s arm as the younger man closed his eyes again. Kyuhyun could feel himself relaxing in Leeteuk’s company and as he focused on his breathing he let out an audible breath. 

“You’re doing so well, my love. I know situations like this are never easy but I'm proud of you. You’ve met so many new people tonight!” 

“I’m just glad that the majority of people here have been nice. It’s easier to be nice to people when I don’t have to pretend. It’s still so weird being here though.” Kyuhyun paused and let out a soft chuckle before he opened his eyes and smiled at Leeteuk. “Do you remember the last time we were here together?” He asked and Leeteuk smiled. He instantly thought back to the masquerade ball and how flirty Kyuhyun had been towards him, despite them not knowing each other for long. A small laugh left Leeteuk’s lips when he recalled Kyuhyun’s reaction to being at the party. The amount of pure blood around him had sent the young prince into a drunk like state, despite the lack of alcohol in his system at the time. After a demon had been detected at the party the guards, and Leeteuk, were on high alert but it was something that didn’t phase Kyuhyun. 

Leeteuk hummed softly at the memories before he shifted in the booth to sit on Kyuhyun’s lap. He wrapped an arm around Kyuhyun’s neck and rested his hand on the younger man’s chest as he flashed him a grin. 

“Of course I remember. You pulled me onto your lap and refused to let me go” Leeteuk chuckled as Kyuhyun’s arms wound around his waist.
“You told me to stop and I didn’t listen. I’m sorry I was such a creep back then… I came across as rude, aggressive and invasive and it was never my intention. You just... Had a weird effect on me” Kyuhyun paused as a small pout formed on his face before he sighed and kissed Leeteuk’s shoulder. “How did you ever convince yourself to give me a chance?”
“Because you were different. Being around you was exciting” Leeteuk smiled as he played with the hair at the nape of Kyuhyun’s neck. “But despite everything, you made me feel safe. Even though I knew it was a risk to be around you I also knew that you wouldn’t hurt me, at least not intentionally.”

“If Hangeng wasn’t there the night we met things could have ended very differently. I was hungover, hungry and not in the best mental place at the time.. I wanted to bite you, if Hangeng wasn’t there to ground me I probably would have.”

“But you didn’t, so don’t dwell on it. You’ve grown up so much since we met, Kyu. You were just a teenager back then and even though we don’t really celebrate birthdays, because of our extended lifespan, two years can make a big difference to a person. You’re proof of that.” 

“I will always keep you safe. I would have given up my life for you back then and I would now.” 

Kyuhyun tightened his hold around Leeteuk’s waist and hugged the older man tightly as Leeteuk leaned down to press their lips together. The kiss was soft and gentle and as Leeteuk bushed his thumb across the side of Kyuhyun’s neck he melted into the kiss. 

Any stress or tension either of the pair were feeling slowly began to fade and, with it, so did their attention on the rest of the party. After a few moments Leeteuk hesitantly pulled back but the distance between their lips remained small. 

“You refused to let me kiss you at the last party” Kyuhyun hummed softly with a smile before he ran his tongue over his lower lip and met Leeteuk’s eyes.
“But you more than made up for it later that night” Leeteuk smiled “I like this,” He paused for a moment as he leaned closer to Kyuhyun and let out a soft and content sigh. “I like the memories we have, the memories I have of you. Our first few days of knowing each other seem so long ago now, it’s nice to look back and see how far we’ve come. How far you have come.” 

“And I can’t wait to make even more memories with you.” Kyuhyun smiled and hugged Leeteuk tightly once again before he nuzzled his face against the angel’s neck, making the older man laugh. 

“Starting tonight. This party will be the first of many new and happy memories we make together.” A small smirk tugged at Kyuhyun’s lips as Leeteuk spoke. Leeteuk had no idea of Kyuhyun’s plan for later that night and just how right he was. Their engagement would mark the start of their new life together and the start of many years of new memories. It was a new chapter in their lives that Kyuhyun couldn’t wait to start.
 

After a short time of Kyuhyun and Leeteuk being wrapped in each others arms, Sungmin approached the pair with a smile before he perched on the end of the booth. He let out an audible sigh followed by a yawn and Kyuhyun let out a small laugh beside him.
“Are your father's guests getting too much for you?” He asked as he repeated Sungmin’s own words from earlier. Leeteuk gave Sungmin a smile while he played with Kyuhyun’s hair. He was still sitting on the younger man’s lap and showed no signs of moving anytime soon.
“I’ve had three people tonight try to set me up with their daughters. I can’t take it anymore. I don’t want to get married yet, why can’t people understand that?” Sungmin groaned and rested his head down on the table with a small thud, making Kyuhyun laugh.
“Now you see why I love having the freedom I have” He smirked. “No arranged or forced marriage is in my future.” Kyuhyun’s smirk slowly turned into a smile and he looked at Leeteuk before he pressed a kiss to the angel’s shoulder. Leeteuk failed to notice the look on Kyuhyun’s face but when Sungmin noticed he couldn’t help but smile.
“You’re lucky. Use that freedom wisely” Sungmin smiled. “Teuk, come and dance with me, please? Changmin and Yunho are on duty so I have nobody to dance with.”
“But I’m comfortable. Why do you want to take that away from me?” Kyuhyun pouted as he wrapped his arms a little tighter around Leeteuk’s body as if to prove a point. Leeteuk smiled and leaned in close to Kyuhyun before he pressed his lips to the younger man’s temple.
“We have all night to cuddle, my love. You stay here for a little while I dance with Sungmin.” Leeteuk trailed his lips down to Kyuhyun’s ear and lowered his voice. “You can cuddle me for as long as you’d like when we get home later, I promise.”
“Oh I know. But unless you want to leave the party early, or pay that dressing room another visit, I think you should go and dance with Sungmin.” Kyuhyun’s voice heald a slight growl as he spoke before he turned Leeteuk’s head and pressed their lips together. Sungmin shifted awkwardly where he was sitting and turned his back to the pair but when he was poked in the back by Leeteuk’s foot, the light prince stood up.
“Let’s go before he changes his mind” Leeteuk grinned and shuffled off Kyuhyun’s lap and out of the booth, leaving Kyuhyun on his own once more.

 

As the music became more upbeat Kyuhyun pulled his legs up to rest across the expanse of the seat, preventing anyone else from sitting down beside him without his say so. He leaned his elbow against the back of the booth and rested his head in his hand as he watched Leeteuk disappear into the crowd with Sungmin. He didn’t mind being left on his own in that moment. The party so far had frustrated the young prince, despite him enjoying himself for the most part. The attitude of a few people had started to ruin his otherwise good mood but the more he sat away from the crowds, the more his mood began to improve again. He picked up his glass and took several small sips of his wine before he closed his eyes and let out a soft sigh. Several songs played as Kyuhyun remained in place with his eyes closed. He was comfortable and relaxed and when he heard footsteps approach the table he opened his eyes. 

“May I sit?” Emperor Lee asked as he came to a stop beside the table where Kyuhyun was sitting and Kyuhyun smiled.
“Of course, my lord.” Kyuhyun shifted his legs to allow Emperor Lee to sit down in the booth beside him before he took another sip of wine.
“You don’t seem to be enjoying the party, is everything okay?”
“Everything is fine, the party is great. Too many people for too long gets too much… And I’m a little hungry, that’s all.”
“When was the last time you fed? If you don’t mind me asking.”
“When Leeteuk and I went for a walk earlier” Kyuhyun lied with a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. He wasn’t lying about the last time he fed, just about the circumstances behind it. “It’s been happening a lot today. It doesn’t matter how much i’ve fed, i’ve been hungry again maybe an hour or two later. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” Emperor Lee’s eyes narrowed a little and he reached out to press his hand against Kyuhyun’s forehead, alarming the young prince.
“How have you felt in yourself? Other than the hunger.”
“I feel fine, the same as I normally do. Why do you ask?” Kyuhyun asked and Emperor Lee smiled.
“I want you to come and see Siwon tomorrow, if you’re not busy. It’s probably nothing but your hunger might be a sign of you getting sick. I’ve seen it a couple of times before but it’s nothing to worry about.”
“Sure, i’ve never been this hungry when I’ve been sick before but I guess it can’t hurt to make sure. Thank you.”

The pair settled into silence after a few moments, simply enjoying the music and the atmosphere of the party. Kyuhyun raised his glass to his lips and took another sip of wine as his eyes scanned the dance floor before he set down his glass. He looked past each and every human and angel in the room until his eyes settled on Leeteuk and he smiled. Leeteuk and Sungmin were happily dancing along to the music as they jumped, spun and laughed together, making Kyuhyun laugh softly. As Emperor Lee followed Kyuhyun’s gaze he smiled and leaned in closer to the young prince.
“When are you planning on asking him?” He asked softly and Kyuhyun’s lips curled into a soft smile before he pulled the small black ring box from his pocket and ran his thumb over the top.
“I’m going to wait a little longer. Did you say that you were making a speech to thank everyone for coming?” Kyuhyun asked and Emperor Lee nodded.
“Yes. I’ll be making it in a little while. Would you like me to hand over to you when I am done? I will be able to give you the attention of the room so it might be the perfect time for you to ask him. Not that you need the room watching you, just Leeteuk.”
“Thank you, my lord. The closer it gets to me asking him, the more nervous I get. I’m not quite sure why.”
“It’s normal to feel nervous. It’s a big step in both your relationship and your life. But the two of you have already been through so much together, I don’t think you need to worry at all about his answer.” Kyuhyun nodded and slipped the ring box back into his pocket and when he looked up Leeteuk was walking over to the table with a smile fixed on his face.
“Uncle, can I steal my boyfriend?” He asked as he bounced happily on his heels, making both Kyuhyun and Emperor Lee smile.
“Of course, Leeteuk. Have fun, enjoy yourselves.” Emperor Lee nudged Kyuhyun’s arm gently before Leeteuk extended his hand for Kyuhyun to take.
“Please excuse me, my lord.” Kyuhyun smiled “I thought I had more time before you dragged me up to dance” He laughed softly as he drank down the remaining wine in his glass and shuffled out of the booth before he took Leeteuk’s hand and squeezed it tightly.
“You don’t get out of dancing tonight i’m afraid.”

 

Leeteuk lead Kyuhyun through the crowd of people on the dancefloor until they were in a small open area in the middle of the room. The music changed in an instant and when a slower song began to play, Kyuhyun smiled. He always preferred to dance to slow songs with Leeteuk as it meant he got to be close to the angel. One of his earliest memories with the older man was when they danced together at the masquerade ball, back before their relationship had even started, but this time there was no reason for Kyuhyun to hide. Leeteuk smiled as Kyuhyun pulled him close before he wrapped his arms around the younger man’s neck.
“Deja vu” Kyuhyun spoke softly with a smile as he stepped a little closer and wrapped his arms around Leeteuk’s waist.
“It’s amazing how things change over time” Leeteuk smiled as he absentmindedly played with the back of Kyuhyun’s hair. “I’m happy that they did. I’m happy that you’re stubborn and snuck into the party that night. I’m happy that you’re persistent and didn’t forget me the night we met again after all those years.” Kyuhyun smiled and pressed his lips softly against Leeteuk’s. He moved his hands to rest on the angel’s waist before he pulled back a small distance.
“I could never forget you. I would have followed you to the ends of the earth that night if I could have. And I still would.” Leeteuk smiled as Kyuhyun spoke and he rested their foreheads together as they danced slowly to the music. The room around them was busy, loud and had a couple of hundred people dancing, drinking and socialising. Both Kyuhyun and Leeteuk closed their eyes as they danced, simply enjoying being in each others arms, with no worry of who was to see them. As far as they were concerned they were the only two people in the room at that moment.

 

Emperor Lee made his way back up to take his seat on the stage and smiled when Sungmin greeted him.
“Father! How did it go with Kyuhyun?” He asked and Emperor Lee smiled as he sat down.
“He’s going to ask him after my speech later. For now we can leave them to enjoy the party.”
“Did you show him the book yet, my lord?” Changmin asked but Emperor Lee shook his head and rested his hand on a large book placed on the table. The book was from the archives of Araqiel and held ancient knowledge of all forms of light magic, including information on the Nephilim race. It was a book that was thought to have been lost in the war, until recently.
“Not yet. I’ll give it to them later, there’s no rush, not tonight. This is their night.”
Sungmin leaned back in his seat and took a sip of his wine as he scanned the room. When he laid eyes on Kyuhyun and Leeteuk a soft smile crept onto his lips. The pair were dancing in the middle of the room to the slow music that played through the speakers on all sides of the room. They were wrapped in each others arms as they danced and Sungmin could see the pair were talking, despite the loud music. Emperor Lee glanced towards his son before reaching out and squeezing his arm gently.
“Sungmin, are you okay?” he asked and Sungmin nodded as he gave his father a smile.
“I’m fine, just lost in my own thoughts again. Leeteuk and Kyuhyun look so happy. The last time we were here Leeteuk seemed tense and on edge because nobody knew who Kyuhyun was, he was scared of us finding out about him. Tonight Leeteuk has never been happier and we’re welcoming Kyuhyun into our family. It just feels strange.”
“I do admit it is a rather unusual situation” Emperor Lee spoke softly with a hint of amusement in his voice. He followed Sungmin’s gaze to Kyuhyun and Leeteuk before he smiled. “For the last three years since the war ended there has been tension between our realm and the dark realm. I never thought there would be any way of unifying the realms without another major conflict but I think I was wrong. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk are the unification we need.”
“Are you sure about that, father? What if it doesn’t make a difference?” Sungmin asked anxiously but his father gave him a comforting smile.
“It will, Sungmin, don’t worry. As long as King Kim and I are accepting of their marriage nobody else can rightfully deny it. Their wedding will bring our realms together and if anybody was to cause trouble… Well we already know Kyuhyun has the power to stop them. I won’t let anything ruin their big day and neither will he. I just hope his father feels the same.” Sungmin gave his father a small smile and nodded his head in understanding before he leaned back in his seat and raised his glass to his lips.

 

The next hour passed quickly for everyone in the party. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk continued to dance together with Sungmin joining them whenever a more upbeat song would play. The pair forced Kyuhyun to dance to the faster paced songs. Leeteuk held tightly onto the younger man’s hand so he couldn’t run away back to their booth, but Kyuhyun didn’t overly mind. He disliked dancing to the more upbeat music but when it came to the slower songs he would pull Leeteuk close in an instant and lead the way as they danced together.
 

As the current song that Kyuhyun and Leeteuk were dancing to finished Sungmin moved back to join his father on stage before the music stopped and Emperor Lee cleared his throat, catching the attention of the room.
“Can I have everybody's attention please?” He called out loudly from the stage and when the guests turned to look at him he smiled down at the crowd, focusing his gaze on Kyuhyun and Leeteuk specifically. “First of all I would like to thank you all for coming tonight. These parties are always successful for uniting the human realm and the light realm and tonight is no exception.” Leeteuk turned in Kyuhyun’s arms to face his uncle and Kyuhyun smiled. He wrapped his arms around Leeteuk’s waist from behind and rested his chin on the angel’s shoulder as Leeteuk leaned back against him. Sungmin smiled down at the pair before he looked to his father to continue.
“We have once again fought many enemies and obstacles in recent times. I know the more recent vampire attacks have worried many of you but rest assured, they will be dealt with and their crimes will be stopped. The light realm remains the sole protector of the human realm and it is our duty to make sure everyone remains safe and feels secure.” Emperor Lee paused for a moment as he scanned the room with a smile. The room was otherwise silent and all eyes were focused on him. He looked back to where Leeteuk was wrapped in Kyuhyun’s arms and smiled fondly before he continued. “Many of you know my nephew, Leeteuk by now. He is like a son to me, and a brother to Sungmin. We have a guest tonight who you may or may not know about, Leeteuk’s boyfriend, Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun’s eyes widened slightly as Emperor Lee spoke and when several people turned to look at him he tightened his arms slightly around Leeteuk’s waist, making the angel laugh a little. “Yes, Kyuhyun is a prince of the demon realm. Normally I would never allow a demon into our party let alone into Araqiel but Kyuhyun has proved to everyone that he is different. Leeteuk and Kyuhyun have a special bond that most of us will never experience in our lifetimes. They share a love so strong that even in their next life they will probably find each other again. I am sure that many of you have questions but some questions cannot be answered at this time. Just know this. Kyuhyun is welcome here as well as in Araqiel. He is not a threat to any of you and holds no ill intentions towards our realms. He is one of us. Please welcome him warmly and treat him as you would treat each other.” Kyuhyun hid his face against the back of Leeteuk’s neck as Emperor Lee spoke. He hadn’t expected to be such a large focus in the Emperor’s speech and having so many eyes watching him suddenly made him very self conscious and uncomfortable. Leeteuk smiled and squeezed Kyuhyun’s hand gently.

“There is a reason I stand here before you tonight to introduce Kyuhyun. But there are some things even I am not permitted to say” Emperor Lee smiled and raised his hand and as he motioned towards Kyuhyun the young prince let out a soft sigh against Leeteuk’s neck. 

“Kyuhyun, the floor is yours.”
 

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow and turned in Kyuhyun’s arms when Emperor Lee had finished speaking. He was surprised when his uncle had handed the floor to the young prince and was increasingly curious as to what he wanted to say. 

“Thank you, my lord.” Kyuhyun smiled as he stepped backwards a little and took Leeteuk’s hands before he met the angel’s eyes. “Leeteuk, my angel. There isn’t a day that goes by where I am not thankful to have you in my life” Kyuhyun started, making Leeteuk smile brightly “You make the dark days bright and the hard days easier. Asking you out for our first date was terrifying for me, but every moment spent with you since was worth feeling terrified for that brief moment. We’ve been through alot together since we met but it just makes me realise how much I can’t live without you. You make me happy. You make me free. You make me a better person and the best version of myself that I could be. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I’m nothing without you and I want to spend the rest of my life by your side.” Leeteuk’s eyes were wet with tears as Kyuhyun spoke but when he dropped down to one knee, pulling a small black box from his blazer pocket, Leeteuk raised his hand to his mouth.
“Kyu..” Leeteuk mumbled softly and Kyuhyun smiled. He opened the box and took Leeteuk’s left hand before meeting Leeteuk’s eyes for a second time.

“Park Jungsu, will you marry me?”