Heart

Deep Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

"YAAAAAH KWON! Why did you do that?!" Sooyoung shouted as she tried to stand up, her hand caressing her cheek.

"Don't play dumb on me now, Soo." Yuri said, her eyes looking straight at Sooyoung.

"What the heck, Yul. I don't even know what you are talking about!" Sooyoung retorted.

"I know everything now Soo!" Yuri shouted back, her eyes started to form some tears.

Sooyoung still doesn't have any idea what Yuri is talking about.

"Know about what?!" Sooyoung shouted back, trying to catch her breath after all the shouting they've been doing.

"THE TRUTH!!" Yuri shouted and tears now started falling from her eyes.

"WHAT TRUTH?!!" Sooyoung shouted back, still trying to understand why Yuri is acting this way.

"ABOUT YOUR CONDITION!!!" And then, Yuri put her hands on her face as she let her tears flow.

Sooyoung was shocked and wasn't able to move when she heard Yuri's answer. Her eyes went big and her tongue got tied leaving her speechless.

"H-how d-did you..." Sooyoung stuttered, trying to figure out how Yuri knew.

 

Flashback

"No. This is Kwon Yuri. Choi Sooyoung might be busy right now so your call has been diverted to me. So how can I help you?" Yuri also answered in english.

"Miss Kwon Yuri, right? May I know how are you related to Miss Choi Sooyoung?" the caller said.

"I'm currently the VP of her company. But I'm actually her bestfriend. May I know why did you ask?" Yuri said being curious.

"Miss Kwon, do you consider yourself as her guardian? I believe she's back in Korea now, isn't she?" The caller asked again.

"Yes, she is. And you can say that I'm like her guardian. Uncle Choi, I mean Sooyoung's father is currently out for a business trip so I'm the one looking after her.

"Okay. That's good to know. Miss Kwon, I need to tell you something and keep this between us, okay?" the caller said and made Yuri nervous.

"What is it?" Yuri asked eagerly.

"Miss Kwon, I'm Dr. Kim from a well known hospital here in the US. I am the attending physician of Miss Choi Sooyoung for the last 18 months." The doctor said.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Miss Kwon, Miss Choi has been undergoing medication for the last 18 months. She suffering from Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia. This is a rare type of Cardiomyopathy. A disease that involves the heart. A few weeks ago, she escaped from the hospital and I've figured that she went back there in Korea. I've been trying to contact her but she keeps on cancelling my calls. It's good that I was able to reached you." the doctor explained.

Yuri was left speechless. "Is it true? That Sooyoung is sick?", she thought.

"D-doctor..." Yuri cannot find the words to say anything.

"Miss Kwon, I know I shouldn't be telling you this because we signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Miss Choi didn't want anybody to know about her condition but I'm telling you this now because you might be able to help her. Miss Choi's heart is not in a good condition. And as the time passes by without her having a medical attention, the heart is becoming weaker and weaker and so is her body. And worst, a sudden cardiac arrest may happen anytime." The doctor explained.

Yuri didn't know what to do. She doesn't know what to say. She just keep on listening as her eyes started to get teary.

"That's why Miss Kwon, I need you to convince Miss Choi to go back here in the US. She needs to have medical attention. So please." The doctor said.

"Can you please send me her medical records? I would like to review them. I would like to help my friend in any way possible." Yuri said with her hoarse voice.

"Okay Miss Kwon. Just give me the address and I'll be sending the records as soon as I can." The doctor said.

Yuri gave ther address of the office and soon after, then ended the call.

Yuri was frozen for who knows how long. She keeps on thinking.

That's why she was always getting headache before. And she's becoming paler. Is that the reason why she left? Yuri thought.

Beeing bothered by this unaswered questions, she decided to call and meet Sooyoung.

End of Flashback

 

Sooyoung listened as Yuri told her about the conversation she had with Dr. Kim. Sooyoung was speechless. She didn't know what to do now. The secret she's been hiding for 18 months has now been revealed.

"Why did you hide it Soo?" Yuri said still crying.

It took Sooyoung some time before she could answer. 

"Because I didn't want to burden anyone." She answered. Now looking calm, she put her gaze on the city night lights.

Yuri looked at her friend and Sooyoung looked back at her, giving her a soft smile and went back to look at the city night lights again.

The two of them stayed quiet for some time when Sooyoung started a conversation.

"It was du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter