Meanie 🤍

Adore U

"Wonwoo?" Mingyu called softly trying his best not to jump scare the other

 

Wonwoo opened his eyes from where he was lying down on his bed. He's been in bed the entire day with a bad cough that bruised his lungs with every breath he took. He was tired and struggling to keep his breaths in check whenever a coughing fit hit him.

 

His chest was going up and down rappidly while he was trying to rest his sore lungs and muscles. Wonwoo looked up at Mingyu calling his name weakly but didn't say anything

 

"Wonwoo?" Mingyu called again just to make sure he got Wonwoo's attention. He placed his palm against Wonwoo's forehead once again for the millionth time today alone.

 

"Your fever is not breaking Won, we should probably take you to the doctor"

Wonwoo blinked but didn't say anything, he was tired and just wanted to sleep for a while

 

"What do you say? You've been in bed all day and you don't seem to be getting any bett—"

 

Mingyu tried to convince him when suddenly he was interrupted by yet another coughing fit from Wonwoo that seemed to give him so much pain

 

"" Mingyu cursed under his breaths "Here, you need to sit up a little" Mingyu passed him a glass of water but Wonwoo seemed too exhausted to even hold it properly "It's okay here" he placed the glass closer to his lips helping him to take a few sips calming his cough down

 

Wonwoo flopped back on his pillow swallowing hard and breathing even harder

 

"Wonwoo you're getting worse please let's go" Mingyu was so worried about his crush and couldn't help seeing him like this anymore

 

"Min ... I" his voice shaky and tired "I don't think I can ... go anywhere"

 

Mingyu sighed, his worry growing deeper and deeper by the minute seeing Wonwoo turning paler and paler. He reached his hand to squeeze Wonwoo's hand

 

"Okay, then I'll call him over to see you here okay?"

 

Wonwoo nodded not being able to say anything else, his throat was on fire from all the coughing, his chest all heavy and breathless while his lungs were about to collapse on him.

He was feeling his body temperature rising and was too exhausted to pick himself up, another coughing fit and he'll pass out.

 

He heard Mingyu talking on the phone, their doctor was no stranger to them, he was a close family friend and Mingyu didn't have to explain much to him, he'll be here soon. Meanwhile, Wonwoo tried to get some rest, he was grateful to have Mingyu by his side the entire time, he felt bad when he cancelled on his sister to stay with him though, they don't usually get enough time off and when they did, he's spending it with him being sick.

 

Soon, Mingyu was back to sit by his side "He'll be here soon, can I get you anything?"

 

"Water is fine Min ..."

 

He was obviously dehydrated and needed more fluids. Mingyu was more than happy to help him get a few more sips of water. He felt his cheeks again and sighed, his fever definitely felt higher every time Mingyu made contact with Wonwoo's skin

 

Wonwoo was about to doze off with Mingyu by his side. He wasn't so sure but he definitely felt something. A gentle pressure over his cheek and then over his forehead, like a soft ... kiss?

He wasn't really sure since his fever was taking the best out of him, all he remembers is Mingyu waking him up when the doctor arrived.

 

It was a bit uncomfortable for Wonwoo, the check up was a bit longer than expected and he was too tired to keep up and his coughing fits were getting in between making him weaker than before.

 

The doctor hooked him up on a saline bag and endorsed him with antibiotics.

"Wonwoo just take deep breaths okay?" The doctor instructed and Wonwoo simply couldn't, whenever he did, a coughing fit will bruise his ribs again.

 

The doctor placed an oxygen mask over Wonwoo's mouth. He decided to put him on it when his oxygen levels flashed low on his check up.

Wonwoo tried to steady his breaths as much as possible. At a certain point, Mingyu was talking softly to him trying to take his mind off the discomfort and Wonwoo slowly got back on track.

 

The doctor was nice like usual, making jokes here and there trying to cheer Wonwoo and the younger ended up sleeping with the oxygen mask on, too exhausted and finally feeling better to actually get some rest.

 

"His fever is breaking, his oxygen levels are much better, he's a little dehydrated I'll let him finish the saline bag first" ... "For the cough, I'll prescribe some cough syrup but meanwhile he shouldn't talk much and woud feel much better if he gets some warm fluids, tea with honey and ginger, warm soup ... they usually do the trick"

 

The doctor explained and Mingyu nodded, he appreciated the way their doctor treated them casually, no formalities or misleading secrets.

 

They trusted him

 

The doctor finally announced his departure and Mingyu left with him quickly to the pharmacy to get what he ordered and came back to find Wonwoo still sleeping.

 

He sat by his side checking on him for a

while and decided not to disturb him for now. He'll make both of them some dinner and wake him up to eat and have his medication.

 

He'll be okay soon.

 

He held his hand and simply watched Wonwoo sleep while his heart beating all funny in his chest. He felt the butterflies in his stomach playing around again, he sighed at the feeling.

 

"Stupid" he mumbled to himself and soon left the room to make dinner as he originally planned.

 

Wonwoo was completely out, too tired but felt much better now that he's hydrated and had some painkillers numbing the throbbing pain in his throat and heat from his fever so he was sleeping peacefully.

 

Mingyu made something a bit more healthier than usual and waited for a bit longer before waking Wonwoo up. He was a bit confused at first but soon regained a little more consciousness and thanked Mingyu for the food.

 

He ate what he could and silently took his medicine and laid back down.

 

"Feeling any better? Your fever is dropping so that's good"

 

Wonwoo nodded not being able to say much with his throat so sore. Mingyu leaned to kiss his forehead and wish him goodnight and that's when it hit Wonwoo. This feeling, Mingyu kissed him before just like this when he was sleeping earlier and it felt so good.

 

He smiled and reached for his hand "Stay" he whispered pulling Mingyu to lay next to him.

Mingyu chuckled but takes the empty spot next to Wonwoo anyways.

 

Wonwoo didn't imagine that he'll like being this close to Mingyu so much but he only found himself getting closer. He was shivering a little from his fever and Mingyu was more than happy to bring him over for a snuggle

 

Wonwoo was getting too comfortable and Mingyu too was too warm and he was too tired and just couldn't get enough of his back rubs and gentle pats.

 

He was too grateful and too comfortable and soon drifted back to sleep. He needed his strength in the morning for when he decided to tell Mingyu just how much he means to him and maybe tell him how he felt about him?