Verkwan 1

Adore U

Seungkwan: My first kiss ... my best friend

*Verkwan special

—————

 

They were filming for quite a while and Seungkwan was exhausted not because they had to shoot for a long time, usually it wouldn't bother him as much, but because his cold wasn't getting any better.

 

Seungkwan felt his body shiver as chills went down his back, his muscles were aching and his headache was getting worse. Seungkwan wished nothing but for this day to be over so he could go back home and sleep it off.

 

He watched as his friends went in and about the shooting place, everything seemed to be normal until his eyes fell on a certain person. Seungkwan smiled to himself trying to hide the blush that suddenly flashed all over his cheeks. Vernon was looking mesmerizing with his wet hair and open shirt exposing his smooth skin.

 

Why did he have these thoughts whenever Vernon was looking remotely slightly good looking? Which is ... all the time?

Seungkwan shook his head too quickly and regretted it as it only intensified his headache.

 

 

 

He looked away ignoring the mini butterflies that filled his chest and stomach and went back to work.

 

By the end of the day, Seungkwan was unusually sweating and couldn't stop with the chills. He felt his eyes itching and burning, and overall just tired. He couldn't wait until they got home so he would just shower and go to bed.

 

He was shaking and feeling cold when he felt Dokeyom's hand over his shoulder talking about something they planned to have all together for dinner but Seungkwan wasn't feeling all that good to go anywhere tonight. He just listened but didn't say anything until they got home a few hours later

 

"Seungkwan?" Jeonghan called for the younger, they were going out for dinner only to find him fast asleep "Seungkwan?" He called him for the 2nd time but Seungkwan only whined and mumbled something in his sleep "You're not coming with us?" And when he didn't receive any reply in return, he simply tucked him in tightly under his blanket "You must be tired, just rest and we'll get you some take outs on our way back" Jeonhan said before turning off the lights as he left the room

 

The truth was, Seungkwan didn't have it in him to lift a finger. His muscles were aching so bad and his fever was sky high. He was overwhelmed with the chills his fever gave him and drifted into deep sleep. His head was foggy and everything felt hazy, he was almost delusional and hallucinating.

 

Seungkwan was laying in his own unconsciousness for about an hour before no one other than Vernon came by. He forgot his phone and wallet in his other jacket and excused himself to come back home and fetch them as it was just a five minute walk from the restaurant to their place.

 

Seungkwan was whining in his sleep,  he was having a fever dream that caught Vernon's attention.

 

Vernon was on his way to his bedroom when he heard the noise coming from Seungkwan's room and he didn't hesitate to go inside and check.

He pushed the door open and walked to the pile of blankets that is Seungkwan and kneeled by his side "Seungkwan?" He called for the other trying to catch a glimpse of his face until he removed the blanket away and realized what was happening.

 

Seungkwan was sweating profusely and shaking in his sleep. Vernon hurried to uncover him and check what was wrong only to find Seungkwan wrapped in a fetus position tightly holding into his blanket. The whining stoped when he opened his eyes to the sudden loss of the warmth of the blanket that Vernon took off him.

 

His eyes glassy and unfocused, cheeks flushed with a deep shade of pink and writhing under his touch.

"Seungkwan are you okay? What's wrong?"  Vernon was urgent to ask as he scanned the other's face

 

Seungkwan looked exhausted but managed to mumble "Mmy head hurts" before squirming back in his bed.

 

Seeing his reaction, Vernon immediately placed his palm over Seungkwan'a forehead and gasped at the feeling

"Kwan you're burning up" ... "Like literally, you're on fire"

Vernon hurried to try and wake Seungkwan up, maybe he could help him freshen up, change his clothes from the sweat and wash his face with cold water just a little for him to regain a little focus.

 

And so he did.

 

He brought a cold bowl of water and a fresh pyjama set. He helped Seungkwan out of his soaking wet clothes and gently brushed the wet towel over his heated body and helped him put on the clean clothes on. He sat with him on his bed, helped him sip on some water and apple juice they had in the fridge just to make sure he's sugar levels wouldn't drop and covered both of them back with a blanket as he reached to his phone calling Jeonghan telling him about what's going on and asking him for help.

 

The entire time, Seungkwan was thinking he's still living inside his fever dream. Vernon undressing him, patting his heated body with a cold towel and putting him to bed only made his little heart beat faster.

 

But Vernon didn't know that.

 

He was sitting with him in his bed, his arm around his shoulder bringing him close and Seungkwan thought none of it was real so what the hell?

 

He let his head fall onto Vernon's shoulder while his hand landed on his chest clutching the fabric around Vernon's shirt tightly.

 

Vernon was still on the phone but couldn't help to notice the other's action and he simply placed his own head over Seungkwan's to comfort him still feeling the heat radiating from him.

 

Vernon put the phone aside to take a look at his friend, he brushed his fingers over his heated cheeks

"Seungkwan what happened really?" He asked but didn't expect a response. Seungkwan's fever must be somewhere over 39 degrees and he didn't know what to do exactly, he merely held Seungkwan closer as he waited for Jeonghan and the others to come back home and either help take Seungkwan to the hospital or call their doctor because this wasn't right.

 

Vernon started talking trying to keep Seungkwan awake. The other's eyes were glassy and simply staring at him. Vernon stopped for a while to stare back. Seungkwan was so vulnerable right now and it hurt him to see his friend that way. His eyes softened staring back at Seungkwan's

 

"Don't worry you'll be fi—"

 

And before he could finish his sentence, he felt Seungkwan's hand travel from clutching over his shirt on his chest to his collar pulling him closer to him, closing in the gap between them, and their lips met in a sweet and warm kiss.

 

Vernon was confused at first but ... why did he kiss back?