Verkwan 2

Adore U

Seungkwan was almost delusional, his fever getting the best of him and couldn't control himself anymore. He wasn't sure if what he was doing was even real but he couldn't help but to savor Vernon's lips and the fact that Vernon kissed back only drove Seungkwan crazy.

 

Seungkwan had to break the kiss because his head was swaying him left and right and the room was spinning not to mention his heart was skipping beats upon beats. He gave Vernon one pleading look before he let his head fall back into Vernon's shoulder again, only this time, he wasn't able to pick himself up again.

 

Vernon panicked, catching his breaths from the unexpected kiss then Seungkwan ... fainted?

He was in a daze but soon snapped out of it when Seungkwan was motionless in his arms. He called his name several times and tapped his cheeks to no vail. He was scared that something might have happened to him and he was about to call an ambulance himself when he heard the front door click and Jeonghan's voice filled the corridor followed with DK and Scoups

 

Vernon looked down at Seungkwan, he held his cheek in his palm and placed one last kiss over Seungkwan's lips before the others could come inside "You'll be okay I promise and we'll talk about it and I'll make it up to you" Vernon promised even though Seungkwan couldn't hear him

 

A second later, Jeonghan came inside in a hurry only to find Vernon standing on top of Seungkwan trying to wake him up

"WHAT HAPPENED?" The older urged for an answer

 

"He was awake a minute ago and suddenly just ..." Vernon swallowed "His fever is too high he's shivering"

 

With that being said, Jeonghan placed his palm over Seungkwan's forehead feeling the burning heat that radiated from him "Call an ambulance" Jeonghan urgently ordered Scoups who didn't waist another minute "He's breaths are shallow help me remove all of these blankets and pillow, we need to make sure he's getting enough air"

 

Jeonghan ordered and the two started doing just that, Dokyeom followed behind them with cold water and a compress that Jeonghan pressed tightly against Seungkwan's forehead

 

"Did he say anything?" DK asked Vernon and the younger swallowed *He said so much with little words* he thought to himself before shaking his head "He was whining in his sleep, a dream maybe? That's how I found him" ... "He looked disoriented and unfocused but he listened to me when I was talking for a while before he ..." Vernon stopped ... the situation described itself

 

"You did good Vernon he'll be fine don't worry" Jeonghan said changing the wet towel again "DK can I get some ice here please and CHEOL where are you?" Seungcheol was pacing in the hallway talking to the paramedics

 

It's been about ten minutes, Jeonghan was continuously rinsing the wet towel, giving Seungkwan a cold bath of some sort. Washing his arms, chest and neck while Vernon watched closely almost ... jealous?

He knew that Jeonghan was just helping but why does he have the urge to snatch the towel away from him and do it himself?

His thoughts were only on Seungkwan until the paramedics arrived.

 

He was waiting outside with DK in the living room. Vernon sat silently on the couch while his mind travelled for miles. He was worried for Seungkwan but also anxious and confused. Seungkwan kissed him, he kissed him and he awakened something inside of him that he didn't know existed. He bit his own lips thinking about their kiss, Seungkwan's soft and heated lips against his, was he being delusional? Was it just his fever acting out or did he actually mean it?

 

Vernon was lost in his own train of thoughts until the paramedics along with Scoups walked out of Seungkwan's room and Vernon jolted up, he locked eyes with Jeonghan who gave him a small yes sad smile trying to reassure him that things were better. He saw as the paramedics left and Scoups joined them in the living room

 

"He's having a viral fever" he stated "They gave him something to help bring it down and hooked him on saline fluids" ... "He'll be okay, we need to keep an eye on him tonight and let him rest"

 

Vernon heaved a sigh and so did DK, they had to get things in place before the rest of the members got home. Vernon went immediately to see Seungkwan. The boy was simply sleeping, a plaster covered his forearm and Vernon figured it was where they injected him with the medication and saline fluids. He ran his hand over Seungkwan's cheeks and neck, his fever seemed better but still as intense.

 

Soon, DK joined, Scoups and Jeonghan too they all silently sat around Seungkwan while Vernon was still laying next to him, gently ruffling his hair.

"We should let him rest" Scoups whispered and they agreed

"I'll keep an eye on him" Vernon volunteered in not time

 

"Okay" Jeonghan nodded "We'll swap later okay?" Vernon nodded not really wanting to leave even if they asked him to swap.

 

Everyone while Vernon was the one to stay with Seungkwan for now. He replaced the wet towel on top of Seungkwan's head countless times and checked on his fever making sure it was getting better.

He was glad to see it subside throughout the night. Seungkwan tossed and turned uncomfortably, he was mumbling some things that Vernon couldn't understand, probably dreaming as his feverish mind kept playing tricks on him.

 

He ignored the noises coming from outside when his band mates were finally home, he heard Scoups explaining the situation to them and was glad when nobody disturbed them.

 

Vernon was up all night and even when Jeonghan asked him to go get some rest, Vernon wouldn't budge. He ended up sleeping right next to him around 5Am in the morning when Mingyu came in to check on the two. He was glad to see Seungkwan doing better, his fever almost gone, he was sure that he'll be way better once he wakes up, eats and take his meds.

 

It was about 7am when Seungkwan struggled to open his eyes. The uncomfortable clammy feeling all over his body made him whine under his own breaths. He felt a presence by his side and was surprised to see Vernon sleeping next to him. He stared at him for a while thinking why was he there? Seungkwan couldn't remember anything after coming home last night.

He glanced around the room and it was a mess. He found the wet towel laying next to him and the cold water bowl and he put two and two together.

Did Vernon stay all night taking care of him?

 

Seungkwan was still tired and all of this was making his head spin even more because Vernon was actually sleeping next to him.