Verkwan 3

Adore U

Seungkwan was staring at Vernon sleeping, thinking of all the possible ways last night could have been like.

Vernon was taking care of him?

There comes that blush again

 

Seungkwan stirred a little and Vernon jolted up. He opened his eyes to meet Seungkwan's tired puffy eyes

"Heyy" he whispered "You're up, how do you feel?" Vernon urgently asked immediately extending his hand to move Seungkwan's hair away from his face and touch his cheek "You're still warm though" Seungkwan didn't say anything so far, he just stared blankly at the other

"Are you okay? Say something, shall we call the doctor again?"

 

"Again?" Seungkwan asked, his voice obviously too tired, he was confused

 

"Yeah" Vernon was a bit worried now that he heard his voice "You passed out yesterday, you have a viral fever we had to call the paramedics, don't you remember anything?"

 

Seungkwan blinked "No" ... "Last thing I remember was coming home after the shooting"

 

Vernon understands of course, but he somehow felt disappointed too, does that mean that Seungkwan doesn't remember their kiss?

 

"You sound tired" Vernon pointed out, placing his hand once again over Seungkwan's head.

The younger blinked slowly, yes, he was tired, his chest going up and down in slow motion and he didn't have to reply to Vernon to confirm his suspicions

 

"Why don't you go back to sleep, I'll make us some breakfast okay?"

 

Seungkwan didn't really want Vernon to leave his side, he longed for his presence more than anything, he hated himself for having these feelings, he didn't know how to deal with them yet and he was almost sure that Vernon didn't felt the same about him but nonetheless, he enjoyed having him by his side, he felt safe when Vernon was there.

 

Seungkwan ended up nodding anyways and Vernon left the room to get them some breakfast.

Vernon walked heavily toward the kitchen, Seungkwan didn't remember anything and it was sad but he had to put those feelings aside because Seungkwan was also still sick and he had to make sure he was okay.

 

He came back a while later with a platter of toast, jam, mixed fruits, yogurt and juice. It was everything he could find that was more or less a healthy choice in their kitchen. Seungkwan almost dozed off but the moment Vernon put the tray down, he was awakened.

 

He sat up a little to munch on whatever he could without feeling nauseous and took a few sips of the apple juice. Vernon passed him his pills and Seungkwan was feeling faint by that time, he just wanted to go to bed.

With Vernon laying by his side, he let his head fall into his shoulder and Vernon gulped, his heart beating inside his stomach, this is how they were laying just before their kiss with Seungkwan's hand over his chest. He was nervous but also worried about him, he put his arm around Seungkwan's shoulder securing him even closer to him.

 

"Seungkwan?"

 

"Humm"

 

"Do you remember anything?"

 

A moment of silence took over as Seungkwan shifted a little on Vernon's shoulder "Not much really, it's all blurry" ... "I remember coming back home and going to bed"

 

Vernon nodded and hummed feeling rather too disappointed than ever

"My arm hurts" Seungkwan pulled out his forearm where the doctor injected him with the IV drips and a plaster was covering the area

 

Vernon reached his hand to hold it, softly it "It's from the injection the doctor gave you"

 

Seungkwan enjoyed the closeness, him leaning onto Vernon's shoulder, his arm around him and fingers gently his bruised forearm. It felt like a dream almost too ... familiar?

 

Seungkwan had these unsolved feelings for a long time and it hurt him that Vernon was oblivious of them. He sighed feeling his heart ache thinking that Vernon could never accept him or his feelings so it was better if he kept them to himself ... but was it really?

 

Seungkwan gave up to his weak condition, his fever was still quite high and his body too sore, he hoped that the medicine would kick in soon and he could put this behind him. Vernon was as still as he could be, he didn't want to disturb Seungkwan dozing off on his shoulder, he just wanted to bring him closer. Since last night, Vernon's mind and emotions were all over the place. Seungkwan's kiss awakened something inside of him, he couldn't stop thinking about it, about them, about Seungkwan.

 

Vernon scanned Seungkwan's face over and over, his every detail suddenly seemed way too interesting and just too ... appealing.

 

Seungkwan was asleep again and Vernon could still feel the heat radiating from him, he placed Seungkwan gently on his pillow and his cheeks leaning closer to leave a soft kiss over them. He sighed as he stood up, cleaned a little around the room, taking the trash out to the kitchen.

 

"Hey I figured that was you" Scoups walked inside the kitchen to find Vernon washing the dishes he used for Seungkwan's breakfast "How is he?" He asked

"He woke up earlier, he ate a little and took his medicine then went back to sleep, he's fever is better but still there"

 

Scoups nodded "How about you?"

 

"What about me?"

 

"You need some rest too Vernon, let us take care of it from here, I understand that you found him and you want to make sure he's okay but you need to rest too"

 

"I'm ok—"

 

"Go to sleep, you've been up all night, I'll check on him"

 

Vernon couldn't get away this time, he nodded submitting to the leader's order. He was also tired and his head was running miles with Seungkwan on his mind all the time. He finished rinsing the plates and went to his room trying to shake the feelings away.

 

————

Skipping to 5 days later

 

Seungkwan was doing way better and he joined them today for work.

The past couple of days, Vernon was somehow depressed, he was disappointed that Seungkwan couldn't remember anything and his feelings were getting stronger and stronger every single minute to the point that Vernon decided to avoid Seungkwan for a while, he wasn't sure if he could control himself anymore.

 

Seungkwan noticed just how distant Vernon was getting in a very short period of time. His heart only ached for that he had no reason to be close to him anymore. He sighed entering the locker room to get changed only to find Vernon putting on his hoodie. Seungkwan immediately looked away "Sorry I didn't know you were here" he mumbled and walked in, this wasn't at all unusual they used the same locker rooms before countless times but this time Vernon didn't even glance at him and quickly grabbed his things and was heading for the door

 

"Vernon?" Seungkwan called his name, he was desperate, he wasn't sure if Vernon was avoiding him for real ... did he do something to piss him off? He was sick lately maybe he was too clingy? Did he give him a hard time taking care of him?

"Are you maybe mad at me?" He asked with a soft and sad voice "Thinking about it, I never thanked you properly for taking care of me the other night and I'm sorry if I was too much"

 

"Too much?" Vernon asked in disbelief "No Seungkwan, you weren't too much" he tried to avoid the conversation as much as possible, he tried not to look straight at him for too long

 

"Then is it something I did?" ... "You can tell me I promise I'll make it up to you"

 

Vernon was on the verge of loosing his mind, he needed time to process his feelings and Seungkwan wasn't giving him any

 

"You really can't remember huh?"

 

Seungkwan blinked "What?" He mumbled to himself not able to understand what Vernon was pointing at

 

Vernon closed the locker room door, he stared right into Seungkwan's eyes taking few steps towards him

 

"Maybe I should remind you then"

 

Seungkwan's back was against one of the lockers "I don't know what to say Vernon I really can't remember" Vernon was coming his way making him walk backwards until there was nowhere else to go.

 

Vernon had this look in his eyes, a soft but an intimidating gaze, he longed for Seungkwan to be this close to him for days now. His hand travelled up to Seungkwan's neck as he leaned closer feeling the other's breaths against his face.

 

Seungkwan was frozen and didn't have the time to react, his lips were soon colliding with Vernon's.

 

And he kissed back

He kissed back

 

Vernon only deepened it further, one hand over Seungkwan's neck, the other sliding to his back completely melting into each other, making Seungkwan softly moan.

 

They parted a while later panting, with Seungkwan blushing badly

 

"I Kissed you didn't I ?" Seungkwan breathed in Vernon's breaths

 

"No Seungkwan, You sent me over the moon and back"

 

"I thought it was a fever dream Vernon" Seungkwan confessed "I'm sorry"

 

Vernon forced Seungkwan's head up "No Seungkwan you don't understand" ... "I admit that I didn't think of you this way but your feverish kiss made rethink everything"

 

Seungkwan stared back at Vernon's eyes ... he was serious.

 

Seungkwan couldn't believe it "But you were avoiding me all this time"

 

"Because I wasn't sure if I could control myself anymore"

 

Vernon's hands slide from from Seungkwan's back to his hips pulling him closer. He leaned in to place a soft kiss over Seungkwan's neck and the other shivered "I want you Seungkwan" another kiss "More than anything else" another kiss and Seungkwan whined "I want you to be mine"

"I want to make it up to you"

 

Their eyes locked again and Seungkwan pulled him even closer. He wanted this for so long, he pressed his lips against Vernon's longing for nothing but to have him in his arms, they kept dancing around in circles before they broke the kiss with heavy breaths and hearts about to explode

 

"Will you be mine Boo Seungkwan?"

 

"Always"