Chapter 2

Game of Thrones: Reborn As Pokémon

Surrounded by a dense wood, Xerneas found himself in the company of mysterious beings, each adorned with antlers on their heads, kneeling in reverence before him. Their numbers exceeded fifty, and as Xerneas surveyed the scene, he realized his own body emitted a radiant glow, pulsating with an ethereal energy. The revelation struck him that he was no longer human, yet an inexplicable calmness enveloped him, guided by the soothing energy that seemed to emanate from the very essence of the world.

As Xerneas took a step forward, each footfall transformed the ground beneath into a vibrant canvas, adorned with blossoming wildflowers. His newfound ability to awaken and stimulate nature with his mere presence intrigued him. A tranquil aura enveloped him, and the very air seemed to resonate with the shared joy of the world, echoing the happiness spurred by his divine existence.

Moving with purpose, Xerneas walked gracefully towards the kneeling green men. With each step, the wildflowers bloomed and the air became filled with a revitalizing energy. The beings before him remained in a reverent posture, their hearts resonating with joy. The closer Xerneas approached, the more he sensed the genuine happiness emanating from these enigmatic creatures.

As Xerneas drew nearer to the expectant green men, a profound uncertainty settled within him. The weight of their anticipation hung in the air, demanding a response. He felt a profound connection to the visions that had unfolded, a realization that he was a deity, revered by these enigmatic beings and all living forms in the vicinity.

Speaking in the ancient tongue through telepathy, Xerneas addressed the green men with a voice that resonated like a calming melody, "Greetings, children of the wood. I am... uncertain of what I am and why you revere me so. The visions I have witnessed suggest a connection, but the details elude me. Can you shed light on my purpose and the reason for your devotion?"

The green men, still in their reverent posture, gazed up at Xerneas with a mixture of awe and respect. Among them, an elder figure rose, his voice carrying a reverence that echoed through the sacred grove, "Great Old one, deity of Life, your arrival was foretold in the whispers of the wind and the rustling of leaves. You are the embodiment of nature's harmony, a force to be revered. Our people have awaited your presence for generations, and now, you stand before us."

Feeling a sense of confusion and a desire for clarity, Xerneas decided to walk past the kneeling green men. As he did, his view expanded to the Gods Eye River, where fish leaped joyously in a greeting of their own. The very essence of nature seemed to celebrate his presence. He proceeded toward the riverbank, catching a glimpse of his reflection.

The river's inhabitants, the jumping fish, observed in silent reverence as Xerneas gazed upon his own reflection. In that moment, a single word surfaced in his mind, "Pokémon?... Xerneas!" He endeavored to etch every detail of the majestic creature into his memory, seeking to understand the truth of what he had become.

As he immersed himself in contemplation, the once lively river grew silent, the fish seemingly attuned to the sacred nature of Xerneas' thoughts.