My Rival

JUST A DREAM

-Jessica’s POV-

Why does it feel that he’s saying goodbye? When could I say that I love him? What’s with his girlfriend, Son Eun-Seo? He even said that he is not playing with me. Why didn’t he explain about that? Agghh… I’m going crazy.

“Umma, I’m home.”

“Oh, have you eaten? It’s already night? Where did you go?”

“I visited Donghae.”

“Donghae? Lee Donghae? “

“Mom, I already know the truth.”

“How? Did his mother tell you about it?”

“No, I just remembered.” Jessica made an excuse to keep her meeting with Donghae a secret.

The day after her visit in the hospital. Son Eun-Seo approached her and talked to her in the university.

“Jessica-ssi, I need to talk to you.”

“About what?”

“Of course. It is about my relationship with Donghae.”

“What about it?”

“Can we talk privately? There are many people around us.”

“Why the need to? “

“Just come, please.” They went to the canteen. They got a table and talked there.

“At last, I’ve met you.” Son Eun-Seo said to Jessica.

“I’ve been hearing many things about you from Donghae. He’s really interested in you.”

“Huh? Why are you---, I thought you are his girlfriend.”

“We broke up already. We are dating since high school but we broke up before the gang fight.  It’s because he came to understand that he just needs me to forget about you.”

“I don’t understand.”

“We are one year older than you, right? Ever since this year when you came to this school, he keeps on looking at you. He’s always watching you if you did good or not. He is just afraid to tell me the truth to not hurt my feelings. I know that I really look like a low-level person right now but I think you are the only one who could wake him up. I think he needs you. “

“I don’t know what you are saying.”

“I dreamed of him. I thought that he is calling my name, but I heard yours. He wants me to tell you how much he needs you.”

“I have to go.” Jessica is about to go away.

“Jessica-ssi, we know full well that we both like him. I thought that when I saw you in the hospital. Please, Jessica-ssi.”

Son Eun-Seo is holding Jessica’s hands. Jessica could feel how she misses her ex-boyfriend. She knows that Eun-Seo cannot do anything about it. She knows that but even she could not wake him up. She is also helpless. She goes out of the canteen holding her tears.

-In the Hospital-

“Doc, please come. The patient woke up.” The nurse came running to the Doctor’s office.

“Who is it?”

“Lee Donghae, the occupant of the room 101.”

“Contact his guardian. This is a miracle.”

The doctor came out of his office. He hurriedly went to Donghae’s room.

Donghae’s expression looks blank. He is not talking or not even looking at the doctor. His mother came after half an hour. Donghae is still not talking. His mother soon hugs her tight.

“Donghae, it’s me, your----“

“Who are you?” Donghae’s words pierced through her mother’s heart.

“Donghae?” His mother cried out loud. The doctor could not believe that he could forget all his memories.

-End of the scene-

Jessica’s phone rang. She don’t know the caller’s number. When she picks it up…

“Sica, Donghae woke up. He’s looking for you.”

Jessica couldn’t believe it. She took a bus and decided to ride to the hospital to confirm everything. She is really happy right now.