Fifth Dream

JUST A DREAM

-Jessica’s POV-

Krystal was discharged from the hospital. It’s been days since I’ve dreamed of Donghae. I don’t know but he is a mysterious being. He is someone that I could only dream of. But, who is really? I want to know if he is a real person or not. Maybe, he is just someone made out of my imagination or someone who bewitched me. I have to find the truth. Wait, Mrs. Lee is a psychologist and she’s a close friend of my mom. I have to visit her.
 
Sica is already at the door of Mrs. Lee’s house. It is not that grand of a house. An ajumma came out of the door. She is the maid in the house. 
 
“Sorry, the wife of Mr. Lee is not present. She has an appointment.”
 
“When will she come back?”
 
“Hmm. If you ask me maybe an hour. “
 
“That short? Where did she go?”
 
“She needs to take care of her son. He is in a coma.”
 
“WHAT?!” Jessica is shocked. The woman whom she needs to consult with has a problem. She haven’t heard of Mrs. Lee since she is not close to her. 
 
“You can wait for her or come later.”
 
“No, I should---“
 
“Oh, if it’s not a visitor.”
 
Jessica saw a stunning woman though she had wrinkles but her skin is still milky white.  She gave a nice impression to Sica.
 
“Hello. You must have come a long way.” The ahjumma came forward and got her things. The ahjumma is baffled of Mrs. Lee’s sudden appearance.  
 
“Ah. I am Jessica Jung. I’m the daughter of your best friend during college.”
 
“Oh, so you’re Sica. Come inside. I also need to talk to you.”
 
They came inside. The interior is not lacking and also very impressive. Her mother said that Mr. Lee is an interior designer. He often goes out of town so he is not really close to his son.  Sica heard stories of how that family is really distant to each other.
 
“Sica, what do you want to drink? Do you want the strawberry milkshake I always prepare before.”
 
“Before? What before?”
 
“Ah, you must have forgotten. I’ll just prepare it then.” Mrs. Lee tried to avoid further discussion. She is surprised that Jessica had forgotten.
 
“Then, why did you come here?”
 
“My mom said that you are a great psychologist. I just want to ask what leads to a continuation of a previous dream.”
 
“Dreams, huh? I haven’t gotten nice dreams recently. Since my son is in a coma, I haven’t gotten any sleep. But, first of all, what is a dream? It is something mysterious. It is something even scientists cannot define well. It is also a connection to your subconscious mind. But, if the dreams continued with the previous content as before then, there must be a hidden purpose in it.”
 
“Ah, so that’s it.”
 
“And, it is up to you to find that purpose.”
 
“Ah, auntie. Please bring the milkshake!” She calls the maid. The maid delivers two glasses of strawberry milkshake.
 
“Thank you.” Sica replenishes her thirst. 
 
In the end, she wasn’t able to get close to the truth. But, she never loses hope.
 
“I should take my leave, then.”
 
“Why? You just come here?”
 
“I need to do many things concerning the school. Sorry. Maybe, next time. “
 
Mrs. Lee pats Jessica’s head. “You must have a hard time right now. If you are free, you could hang around here just like the old days.”
 
“Old days?”
 
“Ah. It’s nothing.”
 
Jessica is more confused right now. What is with the old days? She cannot believe that there is a purpose on why Donghae is visiting her in her sleep. She cannot remember her childhood memories when she used to hang out in that place. She goes home riding in a bus. She is having serious thoughts about what she had forgotten.