The Man of My Dreams

JUST A DREAM

“Yuri, I have to tell you something.”

“This Sunbae, you are talking about, he protected me.”

“What!?”

“I am the one who the gang leader courted before. I know him. He sends me letter and stuffs, before.”

“But, why?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know.” Jessica repeats these words countless times. Tears flowed through her face. Her voice is shaking and she looks scared. Yuri comforts her.

“But, Sica, I think you don’t know but that Sunbae----“

“Is he Lee Donghae?”

“Ah, yes. Sica, sorry to disappoint you but Sunbae has a girlfriend. She is Son Eun Soe. “

“WHAT?” Jessica tried to dry her tears by wiping them.  But, she is heartbroken right now.

-Jessica’s POV-

Is he playing with me? Is he that kind of man? Why did he protect me when he has a girlfriend? She’s really popular in the university. I know that she has a boyfriend but I never thought it was him.

“But, Yuri, how did he became comatose?”

“Mmmm... After the gang fight, he was accidentally hit by a motorcycle. He was able to avoid it and was not really injured. But, his head was. He hit a rock beside the road. That’s the story I’ve heard. But, I heard that many people saw him running at the direction of your house. Now, it fits.” Yuri is sure of her story but Sica couldn’t tell what she should feel about the situation.

They entered the hospital. They went to the room Sica had once seen. She feels bitter and sad. She knows well that Donghae cares for her deeply. But, the reason why is still a mystery.

They are already at the door. They knock and the one who opened it is none other than, Son Eun-Seo.  Eun-Seo is just about to leave.  The two girls was only at the door when she asks.

“What do you need?”

“Ah, Eun Seo-sssi, we’re just visiting Sunbae.”

“Oh, you’re Kwon Yuri, right? And you?” Eun-Seo asked about Jessica.

“She’s Jessica.” Yuri is quick to understand that Jessica doesn’t want to talk to her.

“I must go now. I need to do a few things. His mother came here a while ago. Can you stay with him while I’m gone?”

“OK.” Yuri responds quickly and secretly winks at Jessica.

“Bye.” Eun-Seo left.

“Wow. His room is nice. Afterall, he came from a good family.”

Jessica’s expression is blank. She moved forward and saw the face of the man of her dreams. She gently caresses his cheeks. They are pale. Jessica starts to cry again. She holds his hands.

“We’ve finally met….For real..” Jessica cries loudly right now as she squeezes his hands.

“How did you know him?”

“In my dreams. He is always there. I thought that he was just an illusion. But, he’s a real person.”

“How could that be?”

“I don’t know. “

“I should meet with the other students in the university. I’m going to leave.”

“Mmm.”

                Jessica is happy to see him. She is very delighted. But, she remembers the woman who opened the door when they came. She slowly frowns. Due to exhaustion, she sits beside Donghae and leans her head on the bedside. She became sleepy.