First Nightmare

JUST A DREAM

Jessica is sleeping at the bus. She feels serene when sleeping.

In her dreams, she saw a man’s back walking away from him.
 
“Donghae!” She calls out his name but he didn’t turn back. She calls again so many times but her voice wouldn’t come out.  She begins to cry but the man cannot hear her voice.
 
Jessica finally woke up when the bus had a sudden stop.  She gets down and still thinking about her dream. She gets down in the university. She needs to go to the cafeteria to get her salary.
 

-Jessica’s POV-

What’s with my dream? It turned into a nightmare. I couldn’t help it but why isn’t he here when I need him? Why did my dreams of him stopped when we’re in the hospital? 
 
“HOSPITAL! This is the key to the mystery. I have to go there. I have to clear it all up. I need to.”Jessica is very determined right now. But then…
 
“SICA!” Her friend in the university called her name.
 
Jessica turned around and saw Kwon Yuri.
 
“Yuri-ah!” She waved to her. Yuri came running excitedly.
 
“Let’s visit our Sunbae in the hospital. He’s in a coma, you know?”
 
“But, it’s a Sunday and I need to do many things. I don’t have time for that.”
 
“We’re already near. Let’s just ride the bus.”
 
“The bus again.” 
 
“Why? Let’s go.” 
 
Jessica was dragged by Yuri in riding the bus. Well, she needs to go to the hospital. But, where is the hospital?  She doesn’t know what’s going in Yuri’s mind right now.
 
“Yuri-ah, why are you so determined to go there?”
 
“It’s because I have a crush with that Sunbae. He’s cool and got good grades. It is unfortunate that he got involved with gang fights on his way home.”
 
“Gang fights? What really happened to him?"
 
“Well, this Sunbae I’m talking about is a threat to the gangs. He actually defeated their leader when he tries to lay his hand on one of the student in the university. Due to that, he was seen to have many dead threats in his locker. But, he didn’t care about it. Until, he received a letter. Wait, many people photographed it and I got one in my cellphone. Here.”
 
She shows Jessica the picture.
 
Jessica is shocked with what she saw. It is Lee Donghae, the recipient of the letter and the one who sent this is her suitor. 
 

-Jessica’s POV-

Among all those who court me, I like him the most. He cherishes me deeply. But, he became aggressive and forceful. But, I cannot get away with him. Until, he was involved in a gang fight and he migrated after his parents knew of his doings.
 
 “Well, that Sunbae got involved in the fight. He’s just an outsider so he was not given any thought. He was also invited by the gang leader he defeated. Look here, Sica.”
 
In the end of the letter, the words are, “If you really like her, then I’ll give her to you. If you survived in this fight, then I’ll give up on courting her. Well, she’s not my type afterall.”
 
“So, he protected me. “ Jessica thought. Tears came flowing through her eyes.
 
“Sica, why are you crying?” Yuri tries to wipe her tears.
 
“Yuri, I want to tell you something.”
 
“What? “
 
Sica told Yuri the story.  Her friend is shocked but she consoled Sica. She tells her to be brave and everything will be alright. 
 
The bus stopped on the hospital where Donghae is. Sica tries to find out the truth why Donghae protected her.
    
“But, Yuri, how did he became comatose?”
 
Yuri is looking intently in her eyes.