Third Dream

JUST A DREAM

Jessica is busy preparing for her tests. She reviews and studies more. You could describe her as a total geek. With her eyes squinting, she opens a few pages of her book and flips more.  She writes notes for better memorization of some formulas she need to remember.  She wanted to impress her parents so that they could rest assure of her future.

 
-Jessica’s POV-
 
My parents had a hard time in the past. They worked and tired themselves out. Mom couldn’t even prepare our lunchboxes due to exhaustion. Sometimes, I try to comfort them and sing them some children songs I knew before. Krystal is just a little girl before so I think she couldn’t remember. So, even if it’s hard, I try to manage my schedules to be able to work at a nearby cafeteria. It takes merely a 10-minute walk from the university and there.
 
Jessica tries to relax for a while. There came her mother with a tray of food.
 
“Here, you should eat. You haven’t eaten since you got home.”
 
“No, I can do this. Ah, thank you for the food, Mom.”
 
“No problem. I won’t be bothering you, huh? Good luck.”
 
“Yes. I will. Love you, Mom.”
 
Jessica cannot deny that she is a Mama’s girl since she was young. She used to be happy while the two of them stroll at a nearby park. She couldn’t remember but she had forgotten something about that park. She had forgotten something precious. 
 
-Flashbacks-
 
“Mom? Mom? Where are you, Mom?” Jessica started to cry and she never stops calling her Mom.
 
There stands a boy with a cute smile approaching her. His face is vague but she still remembers the boy consoling her. 
 
-End of flashbacks-
 
Jessica feels sleepy again. It is already 10: 30 pm. She needs to rest. She sleeps soundly. 
 
She is surprised to see herself on a library. Donghae calls out her name out of nowhere.
 
“Here.” Donghae who is wearing spectacles smiles as he offered Jessica a seat.
 
“Now, let’s continue to study.”
 
“What? Why? How did you know?”
 
“No more questions. Here, our first lesson starts here.”
 
Jessica is puzzled again. She doesn’t know what to say. But, she feels glad at how they had fun studying with each other. She doesn’t know if this is real but her happiness is. Her feelings towards the man in front of her are undeniable. She is slowly falling in love with Donghae. But, she knows that dreams can never come true. She knows it.
 
“Okay, let’s end this.” Jessica is shocked with those words.
 
“You should rest now. You should do well with the exams, kay? I’m the one who earnestly reviewed with you so do well.”
 
“So that’s it.” Jessica smiles because she misunderstood him. She thought that he is about to leave forever.
 
“Good luck.” He kisses Jessica’s cheeks and she blushed again.
 
She woke up and continues her usual days. She had the exams and is anticipating a good result. When she got home, she feels happy. But, she heard something collapsing. It was her sister, Krystal. Her head is burning hot and she doesn’t know what to do. Her parents are not arriving yet.
 
“KRYSTAL!!!!!!!!!”