Chapter 8

Silent Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The funeral was full of feelings and tears. Some stories were told to remember the old woman they loved so much; in the end, nostalgia would be something that would torment them for some time.

 Lina : Where are the children?

 Felix : They couldn't come (he swallowed and hugged his mother)

 

 Through the connection, the omega was able to sense that they were happy, cheerful and serene. He felt a little envious of these feelings, but then mentally reprimanded himself, Felix didn't have to be envious of that. 

 Sitting in the middle of his bed in his childhood bedroom, the omega took the opportunity to snuggle as much as he could into himself, when he felt his phone vibrate. 

 The caller was Chan! 

 He took a deep breath to clear his crying voice and stuffy nose, before putting the handset to his ear. 

 Chan : Felix (sighing with relief)

 Felix : Yes hyung? (asked without understanding) Is everything all right?

 Chan : Yes, it is... it's just that Hyunjin went into heat early and when he's in this stage...

 

 Yes, when Felix's or Hyunjin's heat came on, the other omega was always synchronized, but this time he didn't feel that he might be in heat soon, not least because his wolf was still mourning the loss of the last puppy. 

 Felix : You can rest assured hyung, I'm fine 

 Chan : What time are you arriving?

The younger boy's eyes widened, it had been almost three days since he had been in Seoul and none of them had missed him at home!

 Felix : Hyung, I'm on a business trip (he answered dryly) A bit far from Seoul 

 Chan : Oh! (opened his mouth in amazement) Right...

 Felix : But I'm sure you can handle it and that you'll treat Jinnie well. 

 Chan : Of course we will. I'll just have to inform everyone that this time it'll be Hyunjin 

 Felix : Yes...

 

 A disturbing silence remained between the two for a few minutes. 

 Chan : Lixie... (hesitated and the omega tried to discover some feeling for the bond)

 Felix : Yes hyung?

 Chan : Nothing (took a deep breath) I'll have to go, the kids are calling 

 Felix : All right

 

 There was no farewell caress, only the call was disconnected by the alpha and the omega's stomach churned with the uneasiness that suddenly arose. 

 Maybe it's better this way, the alphas and betas concentrate better without him there. 

 Minutes later, his phone rang again, but this time with the older omega's name on it. 

 Hyunjin : Can't you come back sooner? 

 

 The younger man realized that the other was still coherent in his mind.

Felix : Jinnie...

 Hyunjin : Please Yongbok (took a deep breath) I don't know if I can carry all those alphas (said as if it were a secret)

 

 A loud protest from Jisung could be heard in the distance.

 Jisung : I'll help you with them

 Hyunjin : Lixie...?

 Felix : Sung will be with you 

 Jisung : Yes, I'll be here (it was then that he realized that if the other had put it in a loud voice) And it'll be much better than the other times, I'll control myself

 

 Those words from the beta hit Felix hard.

 Without the presence of another omega in the same space as Hyunjin, it would be much better.

 Jeongin : Turn it off soon because I want to cuddle (he spoke possessively)

 Minho : Jeongin, mind your manners!

 Jeongin : Hyung... (whining)

 Hyunjin : You really can't make it?

 Felix : Jinnie... (sighed, his head had started to ache along with his wolf's pain) 

 Hyunjin : My heat came earlier than expected and you're not even here! 

 Felix : My presence wouldn't influence anything there, what you need is a knot of alphas and Sung and Minnie can cuddle you afterwards.

 Hyunjin : Felix! (shouting loudly in embarrassment) I just... never mind!

 Felix : This is Jinnie

 Hyunjin : It's just that I've been feeling strange

And from the muffled sound, the younge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter