The two of us

The Victim of Love

( ( Chanhee's POV ) )

After the bell echoed throughout the school, we all separated to go to our classes. Changhyun and Niel were in the same room, Jonghyun was the youngest so his class was in a different wing, and Byunghun and I were stuck together. I knew better than to bring up a conversation about what happened about a week ago when we're walking to class, because if I did bring it up, we'd have absolutely no time to talk about it.

As we entered the classroom, a thought struck me. It'd be weird if we walked in together, right? Mostly since everyone was still all over the photo and my sudden outburst yesterday. But it was too late to turn back, we already made it in.

Just as I thought, everyone exploded with comments when we plopped down into our chairs.

"Byunghun and Chanhee are gay for each other!"

"So when's the wedding, you two?"

"Which one of you is the wife?"

The last comment took the cake, everyone bursted into laughter.

I caught a glimpse of Byunghun from the corner of my eye, he wasn't looking at me. Well actually, he wasn't looking at anybody. His face was grim, and I could tell the remarks were troubling him.

Did I make it worse by telling everyone what happened?

I swept my hand across my desk lightly when I shifted in my chair. But I realized that my desk didn't feel smooth at all. I inspected it only to find comments carved into the surface. My eyes darted from each one as I felt nauseous in the pit of my stomach. The mad man was right, I did become a wang-da.

But I couldn't let Byunghun see this, I know he'd never live it down. Quickly, I scattered my books and papers all over my desk, hiding every last bit of engravement from sight. I could feel Byunghun's gaze wander to me, but I'm sure he didn't notice. Mr.Kim's lecture was long and boring, his eyes fixed on me almost half of the time. He's probably still angry about me skipping class last time. But hey, he's not calling me out, so that's a relief.

After class, Byunghun stood up to head to the gym, his face looked weary. I couldn't tell if it was because of being teased on earlier or because of Mr.Kim's lesson, but he seemed as if he regretted coming to school today. That expression on his face, I didn't want to look at it anymore. So I wrapped my fingers about his boney hand and gazed into his dark eyes. He stared at me with surprise from my sudden movement. I just smirked and started walking toward the gym, keeping him close to me the whole way there.

When we finished changing into our gym clothes, the coach pulled Byunghun away to speak with him about something called 'participation'. I was left with Niel, which was a good oppurtunity to discuss about what he was doing with Byunghun this morning.

"Yah, Niel." I put my hand on his shoulder, causing him to jump a little as he turned his attention from Byunghun to me.

"What is it, Hyung?" He asked when my eyes trailed off to look at Byunghun from the side of Niel's head, he was going back inside the locker room.

"Oh, uhm . . . you and Byunghun friends now?" I asked as I realized Niel was still in front of me.

"Yeah. I guess so . . . he's not bad."

"Oh . . . what's with the change of heart?"

"It's nothing! I mean, if you see something in him, then he can't be a bad person."

"Ah . . . I see. So this morning . . ."

"OH THAT! Did Byunghun tell you about the phone call?"

"Huh?"

"Oh. Nevermind. Is this about Changhyun's boyfriend?"

Nevermind? What's Niel talking about? Everything's getting fishy.

"No . . . it's not about Jonghyun. You were with Byunghun this morning . . ."

"Oh yeah! What about it?"

"You were holding his hand . . ."

"OH HYUNG!! It's really not what you think!!" His voice increased in volume as he shook his hands rapidly in front of him. "You see, I called him this morning to get him to come to school so he could talk to you! Then I bumped into him on the way here and forced him to follow me into the eating area cause you know, Changhyun's boyfriend and all. And yeah. I held onto Byunghun's hand because I didn't want him to run away! That's all!"

I stared at the other boy in disbelief. Guilt swarmed inside of me when I realized that I had taken it all the wrong way. Byunghun and Niel? That didn't seem possible.  But hearing his words made me feel somewhat relieved that I was wrong.

"Where'd Byunghun go anyway?" Niel questioned as he searched the gym.

"I think he's in the locker room. I'll go check." I said as I gestured for Niel to wait there. He just gave me a nod.

I burst the door open and glanced inside. The sound of water running from what I'm guessing is the sink's faucet, filled the empty room. I wandered a few more feet inside and caught Byunghun rinsing something in the sink with loads of soap, the foam scattered all over the floor. "Byunghun?"

He quickly looked at me with watery eyes, almost as if he was going to cry. Or maybe he was crying. My eyes wandered to the item in his fingers. My school uniform. The younger boy sniffed before he began to stutter out words, "I-I'm so sorry, Chanhee . . . I d-didn't want to drag you into this . . . Th-The other guys tossed your uniform into the t-toilet . . ." His words were shaking and he began to choke. His eyes looked so lost, so guilty. "I'm so sorry, Chanhee . . ."

Just then, I pulled him into my arms. "Stop apologizing. It's not your fault." I said. The shorter boy hiccupped once before going completely silent.

My arms that were securely wrapped around his back, our chests that were pressed against one another, and his hand that felt my back as he returned the hug, something about them felt so . . . right. Like nothing else in the world mattered. And all that did matter was being here . . . with Byunghun. Just the two of us. Together.

"Byunghun . . . that day that you kissed me . . ." I urged out as the younger boy's body tensed at the memory of that day. "I'm sorry that I didn't react. I was so surprised and I didn't realize my feelings . . . but now . . . now I know." I felt his adam's apple bob as he gulped anxiously. "I love you, Byunghun." I felt my shoulders grow lighter as the weight that was holding me down lifted.

After a few seconds, I could hear Byunghun's faint whisper in my ear, "I love you too, Chanhee."

And without wasting anymore time, our lips met, but we couldn't take too long. The other guys would be coming in any minute, so we kept it short and sweet. As we waited for the door to be kicked open, we dried my clothes under the hand dryer connected to the wall. It was silent other than the dryer rummbling hot air onto my uniform. We didn't say anything more because we didn't have to. Our feelings were mutual. But I'm sure we both knew that life wasn't going to get easier from here.

- - - - - -

A/N : OMG Sorry for not updating in so long guys! > < aghfdjkskdskdls they finally did it. ;A; but it's not the ending, I mean, if it was, it'd be a y ending then. XDD And plus we still need Chanhee's revenge on the guy that made Byunghun look guilty!! omgggg~ But I think it's ending really soon. TT TT I hope you guys enjoyed it up to here. afghhfdkljsl