Nice to meet you.

The Victim of Love

( ( Chanhee's POV ) )

Everyone flooded into the classroom when the bell went off & through all the pushing, shoving, and shoe stepping on, of course I was going to be the last one inside. The sound of desks scraping the smooth floor and chairs being harrassed by students who didn't want to be the last one standing screamed in my ear as I examined the room. The only empty desk was next to Byunghun, the "wang-ta" of the entire school. I didn't make a bummed expression about it though. Cause you know, I didn't want to hurt his feelings or anything, but he probably couldn't care less about it.

I felt everyone's eyes dart arrows at me as I dragged myself down the aisle to the empty desk. My eyes watched the floor until I pulled out the chair and let myself fall into it. With everyone's gaze pointing right at me, there was no way in hell I was gonna look up at them.

Byunghun converted his attention from the window toward me and let out a small chuckle. His layered golden hair bounced when he laid back into his seat. He's not helping my situation at all.

I heard giggles and snickers coming from my classmates around me. They're probably laughing at me. No. Not probably. They are laughing at me. Just because I have to sit next to Byunghun I get all this unnecessary attention? I don't even get why they treat him like this! I mean I know that he moved back here from America a while back so everyone assumes he's one of those kids that are conceited and what not, but there's not only that. Even rumors about him are floating around the school faster than instant messaging.  I don't really remember any though since I never gave them much thought. None of them were ever realistic enough to worry about.

But realistic or not, they gave everyone a reason to stay away from him.

"Yo Chanhee." My thoughts get interuptted by an unrecognizable voice in the room.

I glanced up. Class clown.

"You like that seat you're in?"

Here comes the spot light again . . .

 

 

( ( Byunghun's POV ) )

Ah. Poor kid. He looks like a lost puppy hiding his face like that. I almost feel bad for him. Almost. He probably wanted to stay away from me too though.

Just like everyone else.

"Yo Chanhee."

Chanhee? Ah, so that's his name. Chanhee the cherry head. Heh.

"You like that seat you're in?"

My eyes rolled over to catch a glimpse of the older kid. He seemed like he was thinking of an answer as he locked eye contact with everyone in the room, except me. Not like I care.

"Well?" The voice urged for an answer. A good one.

I rolled my eyes. Just say that you hate it so we could get on with class already.

"Yes." An angelic voice pierced through everyone's chuckling. My attention returned to Chanhee. " I do like it. I can see the black board clearly from here."

Whoa wait. What did that cherry head say?

Everyone's eyes widened at his answer like it wasn't what they expected. Well I certainly didn't expect it either. I felt my jaw drop open when he said that.

The teacher flung open the door and greeted everyone, expecting to be greeted back. I didn't bother saying anything because I'd probably just have shouted 'What the hell?!'. And believe me, that's not a good way to start out the day. Especially since Mr.Kim is extremely strict.

I examined the red-velvet-haired human puppy next to me. He didn't look bad. He actually looked . . . good. Whoa. Wait. Slow down Byunghun. Did I just check him out? I did, didn't I?

I started to cough, jolting my back up from the seat.

"Are you okay back there, Byunghun?" Mr.Kim called out looking over the sea of students in front of him.

I nodded in response and quickly laid back in my chair. That was a close one.

Wait, what was I doing? Oh yeah I was looking at-

My eyes darted at Chanhee on their own only to see he was staring right at me. A smile formed on his lips.

And I couldn't help but to smile back.

Except I think my face grew a little pink while I was at it.