Someday, I promise...

Zombieland SJ Evolution

"Did you ever think that Siwon resembles an actor with the same name?"

 

"AH!" Looks like he woke up from a nightmare.

"Good news! He's not dead." (Kyuhyun)

"I am dead. And so are you." The older zombie smacks the younger zombie on the head while still having Heebum sleep in his lap.

"We're also at our first tour spot. So you shouldn't be sleeping now." (Taemin)

"I'm just tired. Didn't get much sleep last night." (Heechul)

"Because of the storm?" (Taeyeon)

"Y-yeah... Maybe..." Actually, it's not that. Ever since that phone call with Seonju, that question has been in his head for weeks. From what he heard, Woorin is a big fan of Siwon when he was still alive. But now, the actor Choi Siwon is dead and the idol Siwon has only been active for a few years.

"Chullie? You okay?" Of course, Han Geng was first to notice.

"Huh? Oh yeah..." But Heechul knows he can't fool Han Geng. "Can we talk privately... later?" As they're in a crowded tour bus, they're won't be any privacy until they reach their destination.

"Sure..."

 

And finally, they reach their first tour spot. It's on a beautiful beach in Busan.

"It's going to take a while to finish up the stage, so I suggest you guys go practice in the studio." (Ryuah)

"Sure. Let's go, guys!" (Jungsoo)

"Yes, sir!" The idols head to their rented studio to practice for their first concert. 

Hyukjae has been supervising the choreography.

"How was that?" (Jinki)

"Good. But how about you and Jonghyun switch places for this part and Taemin goes to the center?" (Hyukjae)

"Okay, let's try it." (Jinki)

Sungmin and Girls' Generation have been finishing up the costumes.

"Do we have extra fabric?" (Yuri)

"What kind?" (Seohyun)

"Well, for SHINee, I need some leather..." (Yuri)

"Got that and everything else." Sungmin brings in a big box of fabric and other materials.

"Woah... How did you get all this stuff?" (Sunny)

"I'm subscribed to a material shop located here in Busan. The actual store happened to be nearby. And surprisingly, they gave me all of this for free." (Sungmin)

"Wow..." The girls couldn't believe it.

While everyone is busy, Heechul's been thinking about something that's bothering him.

"Now can we talk?" (Han Geng)

"Yeah... And bring Siwon too. He needs to hear this." (Heechul)

 

They take Siwon out of the practice room and they head to the rooftop of the studio building.

"So, what's up?" (Siwon)

"Seonju called me a few weeks ago. And he asked me something..." (Heechul)

"About what?" (Han Geng)

He nervously took in a deep breathe and... "He asked me if I ever thought that Siwon resembles an actor with the same name."

"That's..." Of course, that's alluding to Siwon getting resurrected.

"Of course, I said I never thought that and just changed the topic but..." (Heechul)

"It was too close to home?" (Siwon)

"Yeah... And my family are still trying their best to hide the fact that I'm undead myself." (Heechul)

"That's not good..." (Han Geng)

"What do we do?" (Heechul)

"First, we talk to Ryuah noona, then we figure out what to do when it happens again." (Siwon)

"I guess you two should be more cautious. Out of all of us, you two are the closest to the members of Finale." (Han Geng)

"He's right. Siwon, you've done filming your drama, right?" (Heechul)

"Actually..." This doesn't sound good. "They're planning a movie of it."

"WHAT?!"

"I only found out last week. The producers called me and..." (Siwon)

"Oh..."

"And this time, it's much more stunt driven. I have to be extra careful now." There have been a few instances where Siwon's limbs fell off during training and rehersals, but no one noticed that he's dead yet. But with Woorin, he had to be extra careful since they shared several scenes together.

"You know what? We can't just..." (Heechul)

"Here you guys are. Come on, everyone's waiting for you." (Jongwoon)

"Coming..."

 

The concert went on without a hitch and everyone was cheering with excitement.

"Thank you, Busan!"

After the show, the idols went to the hotel and started to relax and celebrate the start of their tour.

"That was so fun." (Henry)

"And we get to do that for the rest of the summer." (Ryeowook)

"When are we leaving for our next concert?" (Key)

"Tomorrow evening. We still have to sort out our equipment." (Jungsoo)

"Hey, I'm done washing." Donghee come out from the bathroom. "Whoever wants it first, gets it."

"Me next!" (Hyukjae)

"No, me!" (Kibum)

While they younger members rushed off to see who gets to wash up first, the older members don't even try and stop the fight.

"Oh boy..." (Youngwoon)

"Well, at least no one, except for Ryuah, comes in this late." (Han Geng)

While the others were laughing, Heechul's been staring at the TV. It was Seonju and Lueun on a game show.

"Hmm... Looks like fun..."

Heechul has been thinking about some things. If he didn't die and managed to press charges against his professor, he would've gotten custody of Seonju and he would know his son better. But things had to end up like this. The zombie father and human son are in the same industry but can't be together. And with Heechul dating Han Geng, Seonju would've had two fathers who truely care about him. And Heechul does care about him despite the mother being his assaulter.

"Looks like he's having fun." (Han Geng)

"Yeah..." (Heechul)

"You okay?" (Han Geng)

He then shuts off the TV. "It's just that... This whole thing started because of that woman. Since she was my professor, I thought I could trust her, only to get assaulted by her and get killed by her future husband years later. But a part of me still thanks her for not aborting the baby." Then he remembers something important. "But she and her husband still neglected him."

"But you've managed to meet him. Your son." (Han Geng)

"But he doesn't know that. Nor will he ever." Heechul then starts to cry. "He will never get to see me as his father. But if it works, I have to do this."

Despite it being summer, there was a cold breeze coming from the window. This coldness will be a reminder that he and his family have to be apart, even if he wants to see them.

 

Meanwhile...

"I'm home." (Seonju)

"Welcome back." (Heejin)

"Where are the kids?" (Seonju)

"Sleeping. It's already midnight. Mom and dad are busy with their work. So is Yoowan." (Heejin)

"I see." It's been a few months since Seonju moved in and he never imagined getting this much love in a family. "Can I ask you something?"

"Depends on what you want to know." (Heejin)

"What was my father like?" (Seonju)

That's the only question she didn't want to hear. But she calmly answers, "You're father was a kind person. Always putting others before him. Even though he had difficulties with his dream job, he still didn't let that get to him. He said he was okay with his factory job, which still makes me wonder if that's true to this day."

"Then, why can't I see any of his pictures?" (Seonju)

"That's..." The family hid all their pictures of Heechul when they heard that Seonju's moving in with them. "We didn't want to grieve too much. He wouldn't want that either."

Seonju knows he shouldn't but he couldn't help it. "Can I see at least one picture?"

"Maybe one day. But for now, just be patient." (Heejin)

"Okay..." Although he was curious, he didn't let that get the best of him and restrained himself. He heard about his father getting killed by gunshots and how scary that must've been. But he still wonders, who was his father and why is everyone so sensitive about this topic?