Cabled Trauma

Zombieland SJ Evolution

Siwon's been busy filming for the movie sequel of his hit drama 'The Blade'. This movie is much more stunt driven then the drama so he needs to be extra careful to make sure his limbs don't fall off.

"Cut! Good work today, Siwon." (Director)

"Thank you, director-nim." (Siwon)

"The next scene is with Woorin. But he won't be here until lunchtime. So you can rest until then." (Director)

"Oh... Okay, then..." (Siwon)

"And also, I asked your manager if Hankyung-sshi and Sungmin-sshi could also join the cast." (Director)

"Hankyung hyung? And Sungmin?" (Siwon)

Han Geng does look like the type to do stunts but Sungmin? He doesn't look the type.

"We saw on TV that they're pretty skilled. So we added them to the cast of supporting roles." (Director)

"Oh..." (Siwon)

 

When he got back to the mansion, he asked Han Geng and Sungmin about the casting.

"Yeah... Sorry, Siwon. We got a call from the producers just a few days ago." (Han Geng)

"That's okay. You didn't expect to get cast either. But Sungmin. You do stunts?" (Siwon)

"I did material arts when I was little. Of course, that was at the request of my mother." (Sungmin)

"Oh, right..." Siwon remembers what Sungmin's mother is like and how he died due to being constantly pressured by her.

"Hey guys." Donghee comes into the living room. "Movie talk?"

"Yeah... Why you asking?"

"I just got a call from the director of your movie. He wants me to be his assistant director." (Donghee)

1 zombie on a movie site is hard enough but 4?!

"Maybe it won't it that bad?" But Siwon knows that those words are going to bite him later.

 

And he was right.

"I didn't hear about cable stunts!" (Han Geng)

"Neither did we..." (Siwon)

"Did we bring extra makeup and medical adhesive?" (Donghee)

Luckily, Sungmin is prepared. "Yep. And I also brought cans of waterproof spray just in case. Unfortunately, the makeup spray I ordered couldn't come in time and the safest ones I managed to get now are for shoes..."

Their usual makeup can withstand gentle rain and light splashes. But knowing that this is a stunt driven movie, they need extra precaution.

"Well, it's better than nothing..." (Siwon)

"Hey Siwon." Woorin arrived at the site. "Oh, I didn't know some of the others were coming too."

"Yeah, I didn't know until yesterday either. Hankyung hyung and Sungmin are in the cast and Shindong hyung is here as an assistant director."

"Hey..." The three older zombies greet him nervously.

"Nice to be working with you. Siwon's a lot of fun." (Woorin)

"Yeah, he is. In fact, he's one of our funniest members!" (Donghee)

"Really?" (Woorin)

"He might not look like it, but he can be somewhat comedic at times." (Sungmin)

"Guys..." Siwon was starting to get embarassed.

"Anyways!" For some reason, Han Geng was the one shouting. "Let's take a break. The staff will call us any minute now."

 

And out of everything they could've started with, they had to start with the cable stunt! While everyone is nervous about it, Han Geng is the most nervous about it. Why? Because he died due to a filming accident that involved malfunctioning cables!

"I... This is..." (Han Geng)

"Is Hankyung hyung okay?" (Woorin)

"Well..." (Sungmin)

"Hankyung hyung... has a history with... cables." (Donghee)

"History? Like from his childhood?" (Woorin)

Then Siwon murmurs, "Or due to a filming accident in 1996?"

"Maybe we can help him get over it? I mean, he's only 23." (Woorin)

To the public, Hankyung debuted in 2021 at 21 years old. However, in real life, Han Geng was an actor from the 90s who died at 21 years old. So that would make him 48 years old if he didn't die!

"I..." (Han Geng)

Siwon can see that Han Geng is now completely panicking. Something that he rarely does. "Hyung, can we talk?"

"S-sure..." He stutters.

Siwon tells Donghee, "We'll be right back." and the younger understood.

 

The headed to the green room so Han Geng could relax and regain his composure. But on their way, they suddenly got splashed with a large amount of water. It was for another movie shoot in the studio next door.

"Oh, I'm sorry! This wasn't for..." The staff apologized profusely but then suddenly started to freak out. "Z... zom..."

"Huh?" (Siwon)

"ZOMBIE!"

"(Oh no!)" Siwon realized that their makeup has washed away from the splash, revealing their true zombie forms.

The staff member is now a complete state of panic. Siwon had to do something to calm her down. Just then...

"What happened here?" Another actor appeared on the scene.

"Gong Myung-sshi?" Siwon recognizes this person. They worked together on another drama last year.

"Huh?" Gong Myung couldn't recognize him at first glance but then realizes, "Siwon-sshi? What are you doing?"

"We..." He can't tell him the truth. "We were asked to play a prank on some of our fellow cast members and just got splashed on accident." Then he asks, "Uh, is she... not good with horror stuff?"

"I... I'm fine... I'm sorry I... splashed you." She says while shivering.

"No, it's okay. And we're very sorry for scaring you." (Siwon)

Once the staff member got back onto her feet, Gong Myung lent her his coat and told her to go back to the set.

"I'm very sorry for what happened." (Siwon)

"No, it's okay. It wasn't your intention anyways." As the veteran that he is, Gong Myung quickly understood the situation. "Though I gotta say, that makeup is really realistic." Then he noticed Han Geng behind him, "Is he okay?"

"Oh, about that... Hankyung hyung has a trauma of cables and we have a cable stunt scene later." (Siwon)

"I see. Well then, I think it's best to tell the director about it." (Gong Myung)

Though Siwon is technically older chronologically, he sees Gong Myung as an older brother figure. "Thank you for the advice."

They part ways and Han Geng and Siwon finally reach their green room. They reapply their makeup and dry their costumes of with the electric fans that were already in the room.

"Sorry about that, Siwon." (Han Geng)

"It's not your fault, hyung. And like Gong Myung-sshi said, we can just ask the director if we can exclude you from the cable stunt." Siwon reassures the older zombie.

"Are you sure? This series gained popularity because of the actors doing most of their own stunts."

"It's fine. There have been exceptions where stuntpeople are used in place of the original actors." And he would know that due to him also starring in the original drama back in 2001.

"But..."

"I used to always say this, 'Vigilance makes a professional'." That's something that Siwon said to calm himself back when 'The Blade' first premiered in 2001. He then said it at a premiere event and made headlines.

"Okay... If you're sure." (Han Geng)

"I'm sure. Take your time. I'll call the director." Siwon called the director to extend the break time so Han Geng could relax and asked him if he could exclude him from doing the cable stunt, which the director fully understood. 

After about half an hour, they went back to the set to continue filming.

 

And after what felt like weeks, filming finally wrapped up. Although Han Geng was still a little shaken by some of the other stunts, he did okay with the moral support from Siwon, Donghee and Sungmin.

The movie won't be released until March 2024, so they'll have plenty of time to rest until Siwon and Woorin need to start promoting in January.

"Thank you to everyone working for this movie. The actors, the stuntpeople, and production staff, everyone." (Director)

"Thank you, director-nim!"

"Finally... My arm was starting to get sore." (Woorin)

"Here."

"Thanks." He was handed some muscle reliving spray and turned to see... "Guys!"

"Congratulations on wrapping up from filming." (Seonju)

"Thanks. The stunts were tough, but it was worth it!" (Woorin)

"By the way, we heard more members of Super Junior were here too." (Lueun)

"Oh, they're just bandaging themselve up right now. They got pretty banged up at that last scene." (Woorin)

"Well then, let's go greet them." (Seonju)

"Greet them?!" (Rico)

"Not me." (Iruen)

"Guys, it's not polite to not do so. Even if they're our rivals. And seriously! It's only me, Woorin and Shin-jeong who don't really care about this rivalry."

And with that, they couldn't argue with their leader. They went to Super Junior's green room to greet them. The door was locked, so they couldn't get in immediately to see what's going on inside.

And just as Woorin was about to knock on the door... "Hey Woorin." Siwon came out. "Oh, and the rest of Finale."

"Hey Siwon. It's been a while." Seonju was next to greet him. "How've you been?"

"Great... Except that Heechul hyung is still not himself." (Siwon)

"Yeah, we heard. We... well, some of us are very worried about him." (Seonju)

"Thanks." Han Geng comes out of the green room as soon as he finished cleaning up his makeup. "But I don't think just therapy is going to bring him back."

"By the way, what's with the curtains?" (Ando)

And there's only 1 reason why they have them up at all times during breaks!

"Umm... basic privacy rules?" (Siwon)

"Why did that come out as a question?" (Xin Jing)

"That's..." The couldn't find the right words at the moment.

Then, Woorin asks, "Are you feeling okay, Hankyung hyung? You know, after all that..."

"Oh, that. Yeah, I'm fine. A stuntperson went in my place so it worked out."

"Stuntperson?" Even if they didn't pay enough attention to the original like Woorin did, they were still aware that most of the stunts were done by the actual actors.

"There have been exceptions." Siwon and Woorin said at the same time.

"Anyways..." Siwon nervously continued, "Just because it's a stunt movie doesn't mean we can't get actual stuntpeople to cover for us. Vigilance makes a professional."

"Huh?" (Woorin)

"Hmm?" (Siwon)

"Vigilance makes a professional..." (Woorin)

"(Oh no, not again!)" A stan like Woorin would instantly recognize that! He had to think of something quick. "Oh, I... saw that on the internet. It's my inspiration."

"Oh..." Woorin wasn't fully buying it, but he decides to go along with it. "Me too..."

While Siwon is dealing with Woorin, he also noticed that Seonju was staring at him too.

Han Geng noticed this too, "(As soon as we can get Chullie back, we have to tell him. Woorin? Maybe. But still...)"


For those who don't know, Gong Myung acted alongside Siwon in the 2018 drama 'Revolutionary Love'.