The Past is the Past?

Zombieland SJ Evolution

Even though Super Junior have overcome many obstacles, they still have to be careful as they occasionally get compared to themselves from the past.

The ones who have to be the most careful are Han Geng, Jongwoon, Youngwoon, Hyukjae, Donghae and Zhou Mi. Even though they were active and died in the 90s, many people from their generation still remember them. And with clips from the 90s getting popular on video sites, even the younger generation are aware of them.

"Welcome." Youngwoon came into a cafe to order take out. The cashier asks, "Your order, sir?"

"28 waffles." He takes out a list from his pocket. "10 chocolates, 9 berry creams, 2 lemons, 3 tiramisus and 4 banana caramels."

The cashier quickly got the memo. "To go?"

"Yes please." (Youngwoon)

Then, he heard some people talking about him. Well, not the him right now...

"Hey, doesn't he look like Kim Youngwoon?"

"Kim Youngwoon?"

"You know? From Brave Knight."

"That idol group from the 90s?"

"(Yikes!)" Youngwoon was starting to panic until...

"Here's your order, sir." (Cashier)

"(Just in time...) Thank you." Youngwoon grabbed the box of waffles and quickly ran out the door.

 

"Food's here!" (Youngwoon)

"YAY!" (Kyuhyun, Henry, Taemin, Seohyun)

"Sorry we made you go by yourself, Youngwoon." (Jungsoo)

"Nah, it's okay. And besides, you guys were busy with... You know what." (Youngwoon)

And what is the 'you know what'? Well...

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" (Heechul)

"Well, he smells food..." (Donghee)

But how can he smell food from the dining room when his room is on the second floor and is completely padded?

"I'll take it from here." Han Geng takes a plate and goes upstairs to Heechul's room.

"Hankyung hyung..." (Sungmin)

Ever since the incident, Han Geng hasn't been the same.

"He's just trying to cope. We all are." (Ryuah)

"Are you sure we weren't like that before?" (Kyuhyun)

Ryuah was quick to answer. "Yes. You guys were mindless back then. But Heechul woke up with his consciousness in an instant."

"But why is that?" (Key)

"That I still don't know. Could've be a miracle. Or it could've been just luck. Who knows?" (Ryuah)

 

A few days later...

"Welcome. I've been expecting you." (Lei Min)

"Thank you for inviting me." (Han Geng)

Ever since that disaster with that reporter Chun Fen, Heechul and Han Geng have been visiting this cafe in a small village from time to time. Chun Fen's former colleague and cameraman Bao Ling has also been working here when he quit his old job and Lei Fen took him in as his apprentice.

"So, how have you been?" (Han Geng)

"It's going great." Bao Ling answers while pouring coffee. "One of my old colleagues told me about Chun Fen."

A mixture of slight anger with curiousity. "What about her?"

"She got caught writing an anonymous gossip blog." (Bao Ling)

"A WHAT?!" (Han Geng)

"After she got fired... She couldn't land a new job. So she started writing blogs anonymously and gained traction again." (Bao Ling)

"But how'd she get caught?" (Han Geng)

"One of her blog blew her cover. She was writing about you again." (Bao Ling)

"Me?" (Han Geng)

"About you being this actor from the 90s. Han Geng, was it? She still went on about that." (Bao Ling)

This takes the words 'insane' and 'obsessed' to another level! "W-what happened next?"

"One of her readers called the police, and she got arrested for defamation." (Lei Min)

"Defamation?!" To that extent?! "What did she do?"

"She wrote an article about a company CEO being a fake and is actually an undercover spy from another company. Of course, this is all false." (Bao Ling)

"She's gone mad..." (Han Geng)

"I believe 'mad' is an understatement." Lei Min says calmly as he sips his coffee.

"I agree. And I can't believe I used to work with her." (Bao Ling)

"Well, she's gone from your life. And you're now free." (Han Geng)

"That's thanks to you and Lei Min. I'm greatful to both of you." (Bao Ling)

They both had hard times but overcame them and became friend despite the circumstances at the time.

 

During that time...

[Meow!]

"Hmm?"

Heechul usually goes wild when he's alone or with the others. But strangely, he's always calm when with Han Geng or Heebum. Maybe because they have some familarity to him.

"Hee... Bum..."

[Meow!]

Since a few weeks ago, he started to speak again little by little. Though he still has trouble pronouncing for advanced words. He still can't say most of Super Junior, SHINee and Girls' Generation's names.

"Han..."

He sees a picture on the wall. It was of him and Han Geng playing around in their room.

"Han... nie..."

 

Ryuah saw through a little hole in the door and went downstairs to tell everyone his progress. "He's getting there."

"Thank goodness..." (Minho)

"Yeah... I can't stand another chase around the mansion..." (Ryeowook)

"Ditto that..." (Yuri)

"Still, he might go out of control again if we don't snap him out of it soon..." (Ryuah)

"But Hankyung oppa is the only one who can get close to him without getting ripped apart. Kibum oppa being a close second." (Taeyeon)

"She's right. And the rest of us can't go to him at the same level as Han Geng and Kibum." (Jungsoo)

"Maybe we can... Oh, nevermind." (Donghae)

"What is it, Hae-ah? You can tell us." (Hyukjae)

"No! We can't do this." (Donghae)

"What?!" (Youngwoon)

"I thought about asking his parents for some assistance but..." (Donghae)

And he's right. They can't risk Heechul's parents getting torn up by their own son. Not torn up like how Super Junior's head and/or limbs falling off, but like SHINee and SNSD, who are still alive, getting several bruises at once at the very least...

"Sorry to go off-topic," Kibum breaks the silence. "but why were beef jerky and dried squid on the list of emergency supplies?"

"I saw on the internet that it helps keep zombies tame." Ryuah explains. "And your in case of emergency glass..."

Everyone became fixated when she said that and all turned towards Kibum.

"I did."

"Did what?" (Jinki)

"Just another 'in case of emergency' thing. Though this one isn't really about Heechul hyung." (Kibum)

"Then... what is it about?" (Henry)

While everyone else is wonder, Siwon looks like he's already go the idea. "It's something specific to you, isn't it?"

"...Yeah." He answers nervously. "I just can't help but feel like something, or someone, is going to take a wrong turn."