Inspirations never die

Zombieland SJ Evolution

"Let's welcome, Super Junior's Ryeowook!" (MC)

"Thank you for having me!" (Ryeowook)

After another period of K.R.Y promotions, Ryeowook decides to do more solo ventures. But not just with music. 

He thought about it for a while and decided to try some variety shows as well. 

"And also, give it up for (G)-IDLE!" (MC)

(G)-IDLE have been gaining more popularity since their debut in 2018. And this year marks their 5th anniversary.

"This is your first time co-starring on a non-music show, right?" (MC)

"Yes, it is. And we'll make this the best episode ever!" (Soyeon)

Ryeowook can see the excitement in the girls' eyes as well as being excited himself. But amongst all that excitement, he can't help but to feel like something is off.

 

After about an hour of filming, the cast and guests went to their dressing rooms to relax for a bit. The studio set needs to get ready for the next segment, so there's plenty of time for that.

"Well, Kyuhyun and Jungsoo hyung said that this would also be tiring..."

As the most experienced, Jungsoo and Kyuhyun taught him what do to and not do to on variety shows. Surprisingly, before his death, Kyuhyun also appeared on many variety shows while being active in his music career.

"Guess that explains how he met and befriended Eun Jiwon..."

And this is his first solo non-music show appearance, so of course he's a little nervous. Especially that the other guests are a popular girl group.

 

Meanwhile, with (G)-IDLE...

"Man, that guy's really good." (Miyeon)

"What do you expect from Super Junior? They've been popular since their pre-debut." (Shuhua)

"Yeah. And their first pre-debut show... That was just nuts."

Minnie showed the other girls a video from 2 years ago. Super Junior were on stage, loud rock music as playing, and the members were headbanging and growling.

"Woah... That's like straight out of some kind of movie." (Soyeon)

"Yeah, and they officially debuted just a few days after that crazy show." (Minnie)

But while the others were chatting, Yuqi just sat on the couch, staring at the ceiling. She didn't even hear what the others were saying.

"(Yeah but there's no way... Could it? Forget it! He's been dead for years!)"

"YUQI!" (Soyeon)

"Huh?" (Yuqi)

"We've been calling you. What's up? You've been spacing out since we got here." (Soyeon)

"I-it's nothing. Just need some time for myself." (Yuqi)

She then takes out her phone and starts to fidget with it. The other's know there's something up and they soon get their answers once they saw Yuqi's phone case.

"Who's that?" (Minnie)

"Who's who?" (Yuqi)

"The man in the picture in your phone case." (Miyeon)

Once she said that, Yuqi realizes that she brought the wrong case with her. Usually, her phone is covered by a red case with black and sliver accent decorations. But that's only when she's out in public. 

"Don't tell us you have a crush on him." Shuhua jokes.

"I don't! Besides, he's way out of my league." (Yuqi)

"Then you do have this picture?" (Soyeon)

Since Yuqi met her teammates, she has been mostly open about her past. However, there is one thing that she didn't mention; The reason she wanted to become an singer.

 

"I'm fine, mom. You worry too much."

Ryeowook got a call from his mother and they've been on the phone for more than half an hour. Well, to be fair, he hasn't called his parents for months. So, of course, they would worry about their son's well-being. Even if their son is technically dead.

"I told you, Jongwoon hyung and the others take good care of me. And sure, Ryuah noona can be a little excessive at times, but she means well."

At first, he was completely freaked out about being a zombie, but quickly learned that it wasn't all that bad. And sure, he couldn't see his family for a while, but that made him more determinded to show them that he's okay and at peace with himself.

"Sure, that car accident was unexpected. And the driver of that car was completely at fault. I mean, driving under the influence while fleeing the police? I'm just glad you see less of that these days. And less explosions..."

 

"It started when I was in middle school. I didn't have many plans for the future. Just minding my own business while attending school, just like any other person my age." They already knew that part of Yuqi's childhood life. "But one day, while just randomly watching YouTube videos, I stumbled upon a video of a solo singer."

That was new to them.

"He had the most beautiful voice I ever heard. And his looks complemented his voice. I instantly fell in love in with him." But as soon as she said that, the others started to look at her in a sort of teasing way. "Not in a romantic way, of course! More of an idolization sort of way. He was known as one of the best singers at the time."

The others started to picture how this played out in Yuqi's life. They never expected her to have a specific inspiration for her decisions in music. But Soyeon was quick to notice something. Yuqi kept using past tenses when describing this person.

"You said that he was known as of the best singers at the time. Did something happen to him?"

But once she asked that, Yuqi tensed up and started to cry.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have-"

"No, it's okay." Yuqi wipes off her tears. "He's not here anymore."

"What..." (Minnie)

"Not here..." (Miyeon)

"Anymore?" (Soyeon)

"You mean..." (Shuhua)

After a brief silence, Yuqi finally said... "He died in a car explosion." and everyone froze in shock.

The person who inspired Yuqi to become a singer has died in a horrific car accident. Not just him, as many others lost their lives that day. And that was only a year after his public debut.

"I'm sorry, Yuqi." Soyeon started to apologize. "We shouldn't asked if it was hard for you."

"I told you, it's fine." Yuqi assures her friends. "Sure, I was shocked when I saw the articles saying that he died. And in the most horrific way I can imagine. But that still didn't stop me from pursuing music. Even if that person is dead, the inspirations that he gave me will never die."

The girls can see that Yuqi has moved on from her initial shock years ago and now know her motivations to keep going with her life.

"I see now. And now you're living your dream." (Miyeon)

"He would be so proud of you." (Shuhua)

"I know. And I'll forever be his fan." (Yuqi)

Then Minnie realizes, "By the way, you didn't mention his name."

Once Yuqi realizes that, she then remembers why she was spacing out earlier. "It's just that... You guys might freak out as much as I initially did."

"What is it?" Soyeon carefully asks.

Yuqi then breathes in and tells them... "Kim Ryeowook."

 

"Yuqi's a fan?"

Ryeowook was just passing (G)-IDLE's dressing room and stopped when he heard someone mentioning a solo singer inspiring her. He listened in on it and the description aligned a lot with him. Then when he heard the part where Yuqi said the cause of death, his body suddenly became cold. Well, he's dead and his body doesn't produce as much heat as it did when he was alive but... You get the idea!

Point is, Ryeowook now knows that Yuqi's a fan of him and realizes why she was acting up during the first part of filming. She probably saw the current him as him when he was alive.

"First Heechul hyung, then Siwon, and now me?! Well, I guess this situation is more close to Siwon. But what am I going to do?"