From Stand-in to Regular

Zombieland SJ Evolution

(A month ago)

Heechul was called for a new job offer. But it's not what he was expecting... "They want me to do WHAT?!" 

"The main host of 'Music Views' got into a minor accident. He's okay but the doctor said he should rest for at least a month." (Ryuah)

"But... I never hosted before. Not a major show like this." (Heechul)

"You'll be fine. Nowadays, idols who are in their second year are considered veterans." (Ryuah)

"But compared to the others..." Prior to his death, Heechul is the only one in Super Junior who wasn't in the entertainment business. He was just a normal guy with a factory job making television sets. And the TVs now are way more advanced than what he used to make.

 

(Back to the present)

It has been a month since Heechul took over as the main host. Despite a few mishaps (not regarding his zombie status), things went relatively smoothly. The regular host should be back by now. But instead...

"He wants me to WHAT?!" (Heechul)

"I know it's sudden, but the fans have been enjoying your time as the main host." The producer explains that the host, Kim Yushin, want Heechul to be his new co-host.

"But he already has Rina-sshi as his co-host." While being on the show, he has been interacting with Rina off-set a few time, and she seems like a very nice person. "And anyways, this show had them as the hosts since its start."

"We did, but Yushin-sshi wants to improve the show." The producer then hands Heechul a document about the show. "And he wants you to be the main host for this new segment."

"But I'm not that good at hosting. You saw me during the interview with TXT last week." Heechul recounts the events during that day. He kept making mistakes while speaking, he dropped his mic a few times... "I kept messing up. If it weren't for the edits, I might've ruined the show. You don't wan't that, do you?"

"But Yushin-sshi saw the raw footage and told us that you were great and he wanted to keep you in the show."

"Great... (I'm going to be bad at this, I JUST KNOW IT!)" 

 

"And that's what happened..." Once he got back to the mansion, he explains to everyone what just happened.

"'Music Views' has been airing since 2013, and has been getting more and more popular as time went on." (Taemin)

"And they're known for rarely adding new segments. Their last addition was 6 years ago." Seohyun shows everyone the article about most recent addition to the show, and it says 2017.

"And the main host, Kim Yushin, is a big deal. He's not someone who's easy to impress." (Henry)

"Then why does he want me to be a regular host? I mean, I messed up too much. Last week, especially. And that's not the only problem." (Heechul)

"Huh?"

"You know... us being zombies?!" (Heechul)

"Oh..." Seems like everyone forgot about that little detail.

"And after what happened with Power Line, there might be more instances like that." Han Geng recalls the incident at the airport, where Zhou Mi's arm got pulled off in front of everyone there. And their heads fall off if they're not careful.

"He's right. And no amount of makeup will cover that up." (Jongwoon)

"You and Sungmin don't have any physical scars. So you don't know how that feels." (Youngwoon)

"But SHINee and SNSD are still alive. So maybe we can blend in so people wouldn't notice anything?" (Kyuhyun)

"That's still too risky..." (Jungsoo)

 

The following week, Heechul prepared for his new hosting job. He got up, had breakfast, put on his makeup and headed out to the broadcasting station.

"(Alright... No going back now.)" (Heechul)

He brought some extra makeup supplies just in case. But he's still worried. Blue-gray skin and deep red eyes. That's more than enough to expose him and his group.

"(I just have to be careful...)" (Heechul)

"Oh, Heechul. You're here." (Yushin)

"Thank you for having me be a regular. But why do you want me to be on the show? I mean, the staff told me you watched the raw footage." Raw footage means Yushin saw all Heechul's mistakes and he was extremely embarassed about it.

But Yushin's response was different then what he expected. "I did. I saw your potential."

"My potential?" (Heechul)

"When I started out, I was a complete mess, just like you." Yushin starts explaining. "But after my predecessor showed me that it's okay to embrace my fears, I started to become more confident."

"(Embrace my fears?)" A lot has been going on with Heechul for the past 2 years. Suddenly reviving amongst his then unconscious members, losing his memories, getting used to the idol industry, reuniting with his family, and all that led up to facing the person who killed him.

"What I'm saying is that you shouldn't surpress your fears. If you're scared of something, just let it out. And if you're still uncomfortable about it, you don't have to say the specifics." (Yushin)

"Yushin-sshi..." (Heechul)

"Just call me hyung. I want things to be comfortable for you." (Yushin)

"Hyung..." Since Heechul only had his sister and was dead when she got married, he didn't really have much of an older brother figure. And since he was one of the oldest members, age by death wise, he had more responsibilities to carry onto himself.

"Meeting's in 10!" A staff member calls.

"Coming. We'd better get going." (Yushin)

"Y-yeah..." (Heechul)

 

The meeting went smoothly. The new segment that Heechul's going to host is going to have him tell stories to the audience. Now, you might think that this will be one of those gossip segments, but this one will have Heechul tell different stories written by him, accompanied by a stage play.

"Nice one! You'll be great." (Han Geng)

"I hope so. I mean, it's the closest I can get to my original dream." Heechul told the producers that he always wanted to express his stories by either publishing a book or scripting a drama. While working at the factory, he has been writing different stories, and his videos on the video site also reflects this. Of course, this is talking about him before he died without giving "it" away.

Then his phone rang.

"From Seonju? Hello?"

"Hey, hyung. I saw the news. You're going to be a regular on Music Views?"

"Y-yeah... Though I'm still not sure about it."

"You'll be great! Everyone will be rooting for you."

"Thanks. How've you been doing?"

"Today was great. Except that Rico kept complaining about Siwon and Zhou Mi being with us."

"He's really taking this rivalry thing too seriously, huh?"

"Yeah... It's only me and Woorin who don't care about it."

"I see..."

"By the way, can I ask you something?"

"Uh... sure. (I got a bad feeling about this...)"

"Did you ever think that Siwon resembles an actor with the same name?"

"Uh..." That's the only question that he can't answer! "(We're doomed!)"