008; white day

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to, ANGEL FAIRY!" Hyeyoung introduced her friends onto the stage.

The cousins politely waved at the small crowd gathered on the campus of Fulai University where Hyeyoung attended and out of the blue Hyeyoung remembered the four doing covers back in the day and needed another act on such short notice. The five still stayed in touch, but were unable to meet up often.

"These lovely ladies are gonna charmed their way into your soul with their performances! So, please treat them kindly!" Hyeyoung informed the crowd.

The quartet were disguised in their performances outfits, courtesy of Hyeyoung. Each wore a white long-sleeved knee-length dress, with long off white wigs, knee-high white socks, white vans, and feathered white eye masks with different colored accents to differentiate one from the other. Kierra with purple, Serena with green, Melanie with blue, and Linna with red.

"Happy White Day to everyone and enjoy our White Day Stage tonight" Hyeyoung concluded as the crowd cheered.

She walked off the stage as she cheered on the quartet.

"Good luck and thanks again."

The quartet nodded with smiles as they psyched themselves up for their short segement.

"One, two..." Melanie led the greeting before introducing themselves as a group.

"We're ANGEL FAIRY."

One by one they introduced themselves with their new stage names. They introduced themselves with Melanie first, followed by Linna, Kierra next, and lastly, Serena. The younger two were the ones that came up with the names and they drew from hats of what name they would be.

"I'm Lovely Peony."

"I'm Pretty Bear."

"I'm Sweetie Chocolate."

"I'm Cutie Marshmallow."

"And we're ANGEL FAIRY!" They repeated in a sing-song tone as Melanie continued speaking.

"Please watch over us kindly."

The quartet got into formation with help from Hyeyoung and her team that ran this event. They perform CLOSER first, followed by Now, We, then To Reach You, and lastly ended with At the Same Place. The audience clapped warmly with some of them cheering and being a bit louder than most.

"One, two..." Serena began the greeting before finishing as a group.

"This was ANGEL FAIRY!"

The four bowed to the now larger crowd than before.

"Thank you so much for having us tonight."

The cousins walked off stage as another act came onto it. Hyeyoung awaited for the four with presents in hands.

"These are a little 'thank you' gifts from me to you." Hyeyoung informed them with a smile.

"So there's each a bag and a box for the four of you."

She offered the items out towards them.

"So, I hope you like them!"

"Aw, thank you!"

Linna, Kierra, Melanie, and Serena quickly chose a set of gifts before excitedly opening them. Each gift bag contained a small random lop rabbit plush and two small random scented candles. The box contained a variety of snacks consisting of different types of chocolates, cookies, candies, gummies, jellies, and marshmallows.

"Thank you so much for the gifts!" The quartet thanked their friend as they each expressed what they like the most.

"I definitely loved the bunny!"

"I've been needing new candles!"

"I can't wait to eat the jellies."

"I can't wait to eat all the chocolates."

Hyeyoung giggled as the five moved away from the stage to talk a little more before the quartet changed out of their outfits and left with Hyeyoung to celebrate her birthday, leaving Hyeyoung's other team staff to run the White Day Stage.

"No way did I ever stood up Cha Woonggi like that." Hyeyoung denied with a sheepish laugh.

"Right? Right?!"

The five were hanging out at a nearby cafe, reminiscing about their high school days. Currently, they were on the topic of confessions.

"You did!" Kierra countered as she recalled the past.

"You left the letter in his locker and then stood him up after telling him to meet you after school behind the school's gym because you got cold feet."

"I don't remember that at all." Hyeyoung denied Kierra's words as the others laughed.

"Honestly, you always had a different crush every year though." Serena remarked as she mentioned two more names.

"There was Lee Geonu and Chu Jimin in our first year, but you also got cold feet after writing them a love letter."

Hyeyoung groaned as the table burst into laughter again.

"Well, I'm a lot better now." Hyeyoung said with a smile.

"Just focusing on my studies and no distractions."

"Don't lie." Linna and Melanie countered.

"Fulai University actually has quite a few cuties on campus."

"Psh, cute, but not much a personality." Hyeyoung scoffed before settling her eyes on her friends.

"However, I have been talking to this one guy for a few weeks now."

"See." Melanie and Linna said as the others laughed before Hyeyoung cast her friends with a curious look.

"How are they, anyway? Woonggi, Geonu, and Jimin?"

The three males also attended the same university as the quartet.

"They're fine and moved on." Serena answered with a laugh.

"So, you're good of no guilty conscience."

Hyeyoung let out a relief laugh.

"Okay, cool. Thank goodness."

She then focused her attention onto Linna.

"What about y'all? Especially you."

She pointed at Linna.

"Did you ever get the chance to confess to, um what's his name? Oh, yeah, Park Sunghoon. Have you confessed yet?"

Linna shook her head, surpressing a laugh.

"What? You still haven't confessed to him? Why not?"

"She's just like you." Kierra remarked as Hyeyoung eyed her.

"Shut up."

The friends burst out laughing once again. Hyeyoung's face immediately went to playful mode.

"By the way, how are you and Jay though? Still bantering like a married couple."

"What? No. We were never like that."

"Yeah, right."

The two went back and forth as the other three just watched in amusement.

"Hey, don't be mean to the birthday girl." Hyeyoung announced as Kierra was about to argue, but closed .

The table laughed again as the two reconcile while a staff member brought over a cake for Hyeyoung that the four had ordered when she was in the toilet. The small celebration went well with even the patrons joining in. Eventually they continued to talk and reminisce some more as the five friends continued enjoying their late evening together, having picked up where they left off like they've never missed out on each others' lives.

"So you're the one leaving the letters for Sunghoon this past week, huh?"

Serena retracted her hand, but left the light blue envelope behind. She shifted her gaze causally towards Heeseung and recalled Ni-Ki telling her that no one should be here, but guess there was always that one person. Although this was her third time to leave a letter for Sunghoon in the past week or so, but this was the first time she's been caught in the act. She cast him with a small smile.

"Leaving them, yes." Serena answered nonchalantly.

Heeseung cast her with a polite smile as his eyes glanced from the locker and back to her.

"Sorry, but Sunghoon isn't interested."

She supressed a laugh from escaping before responding with a playful expression.

"Me either."

"Then why are you leaving him love letters?"

"It's for someone else."

After their hangout with Hyeyoung, Linna got the idea of confessing to Sunghoon through letters although she would not signed her name, but with either a nickname or some other type of alias she went by to help ease the feels. So, Linna convinced herself to write the letters to him first and then eventually it would encourage her to later do an actual face to face confession some day. However, Linna couldn't bring herself to actually give him the letters, whether in person or in secret and so resorted in having Serena being the one that did the delivering instead. Serena wasn't please, but she needed new writing materials and eventually agreed.

"Anyway, bye."

She left it at that and made her way around him to leave as he followed after.

"Wait. So, who's this person, Koala, that likes him then?"

"Didn't you just say that he's not interested?"

"Yes, but he should know who gave him the letters."

"Not really if he's not interested."

"Is it someone we know?"

"Quite persistent, aren't you?"

Heeseung chuckled.

"Yeah, but anyway, who's his secret admirer?"

"Well, that's for me to know and you to never find out."

Serena grinned at him.

"Anyway, I'll let my friend know that your friend isn't interested at all."

She faced forward and continued walking and before Heeseung could probe further, he was surrounded by their other classmates once they exited the building. Serena casually glanced over her shoulders and saw the distressed look in his eyes despite himself being way too polite for his own good. She sighed in defeat as her steps hesitated before turning around. Serena knew she was gonna regret getting involved like this and being around the male, but she couldn't leave him alone like that. So, she quickly walked towards the group and reached a hand through them to take a hold of Heeseung's.

"Hey, Heeseung, c'mon. Sunghoon's waiting."

Serena spoke the first name that had popped into her head as they were talking about Sunghoon earlier. Heeseung cast her with a confused, but relieved look as he allowed her to lead him away from the others. Once in the clear did she let go of his hand when they rounded another department building a moment later.

"Sorry." She apologized while casting the male with a half-smile.

"It looked like you needed help and I dunno if I took you away from anything important."

"Ah, no, it's fine. Thank you and no, not really. They just wanted to ask me about school stuff."

"Ah, okay. Still popular as ever."

"Oh?"

Serena knew she would've regretted it.

"Don't mind my words. Forget it. Anyway, you're welcome. Later. See you never."

"Hey, wait a minute." Heeseung called out, but she shook her head while shooting him an amused look as she took a few steps back.

"Nope. Gotta go. Buh-bye!"

Serena already did her part and needed to keep it as miminal as much as possible. Heeseung didn't follow after her, but watched her retreating figure with a slight tilt of his head and an amused smile.

"Was she alw

Please log in to read the full chapter