003; last 2022

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"This isn't what we ordered." A man said angrily.

Serena looked at the slushies and the receipt before speaking.

"I'm the one that took the order, sir. I read it back to this person."

She motioned at one of the three males before speaking again.

"He confirmed the items were correct before paying."

She glanced at the older men before focusing onto the one she was speaking to.

"Which of these are incorrect and I'll replace it, sir."

"How about you just let us keep it because it's a mistake on your part and just give me the one I want?"

"Unfortunately, sir, that isn't our policy."

Serena motioned at the three drinks.

"Now, which of these needs to be replaced so I can give you the correct one, sir?"

"All three."

Before she could confirm she had heard him correctly, the older man and his friend across from him had picked up the glasses, splashed the drinks on her, and set the empty cups back onto the table. The male trio burst in to laughter of what had just occured. This caused the other patrons to watch the scene unfold while the others paused what they were doing to cast worried looks in Serena's direction. She held up a hand to signal that she was fine for now because she knew that if she let on that she wasn't, well Chanran and Eunchan would take matters into their own hands instead for sure.

"Now, you can replaced my drinks with the cotton candy one." The man ordered with a smug look.

Despite dripping wet and knowing that it'll become sticky later, Serena still wanted to handle the situation. She immediately shot the male duo a calm and reassuring look to let her continued to do what she was gonna do and to stay put for now. Serena's attention went back to the older man with a calm look.

"So the flavors were correct, but you were only just missing the cotton candy on them, correct?"

"Yes."

"Nothing else was wrong?"

"Nope. It's not that hard to understand."

"I'm just making sure I understand what you're telling me. That's all you had to tell me, sir. Because that's an easy fix without such a hassle."

He scoffed.

"You were the one making such a big deal about it."

"Because I was trying to figure out what was wrong with it and you wouldn't give me an actual direct answer. So that's why we're here."

"Don't talk to me like that. I'm a paying customer and just informing of what you and the other workers did wrong."

"Because I was only notifying you on how we do remakes, sir."

"Whatever. Now, hurry up and bring me the correct drinks. I'm thirsty."

The three men laughed loudly once more like they had just done something amazing and weren't just being jerks about it. Serena once again held up her hands and gave the others a look to show them that she was still fine and didn't need assistance. Serena knew that the two would have come marching right over by now if she hadn't shown that she still got the situation under control in a sense. Serena seriously didn't want another third party to get involved. Luckily her aunt and Minjee were in the back taking care of work calls still because Jiwon would not have let that slide and taken things into her own hands right away, too.

"How about you and your friends leave the establishment before something else happens, yeah?"

The main person she conversed with got upset.

"Are you threatening me?"

Serena took in a calm breath before casting him with a firm, yet polite look.

"I'm just advising you on a better option, sir."

She stressed the last part and he suddenly swept an arm over the items as they shattered to the floor. The other two followed his lead.

"I'm a payin-"

Serena had enough of the three as the man was about to stand to intimidate her, but she kicked his chair from out from underneath him, causing him to falter then pushed his upper body immediately down and knocked his face hard against the table's surface. She did the same to his friend to the other side of her when he made a motion to hurt her for hurting his friend. The two men groaned in pain as they slumped to the floor a moment later. Eunchan and Chanran rushed over immediately as Serena glanced at the third man with a dark look, feeling riled up despite being calm on the outside.

"Take your two friends and scram or I'll call the cops to handle the situation instead. Unless you would like to deal with these two who are even in a dangerous mood than I am right now."

She motioned her head at the two males, but then noticed her cousins and sister in front of her, but were standing behind the trio. She motioned her chin at the trio afterwards.

"Or you could have a chat with those three over there, too."

She fixed the older man with a knowing look.

"Because they've all been a little too patient since our interaction and I really don't know how much longer they can keep themselves under control. So, it's really your call, sir. What would you like to choose to do?"

Serena cast him with a feigned smile as the man nodded obediently as he scrambled out of his seat, rushed to gathered up his friends, and the trio clumsily scattered out the shop without looking back.

"Sorry for the disturbance, everyone. Pleae, have one of these." Kierra immediately announced to the crowd as she went about the shop with a tray in each hand of random rice balls to pass out to the patrons.

"Yes, we apologize for the incident." Melanie informed them with a reassuring smile asLinna held up another tray of rice balls in each hand.

"So, please have some rice balls on the house."

"We also have some watermelon and mango slushies on the house, too!" Eunchan added while carrying a large tray of the said drinks and going around the shop. 

Soon Chan immediately put out some caution cones of where the mess was located while announcing precaution to the customers.

"If any assistance, then please don't hesitate to let us know as we clean up this mess."

Linna and Melanie also began cleaning up the table and mess caused by the trio from earlier with the help of Chanran a second later. Fortunately, it seemed that everyone was working today and there were more hands on deck. Chanran glanced at Serena.

"Go and get clean up, Chaejin. We'll take it from here until you come back."

Serena dismissed him with a wave.

"We still have like a half an hour left. I'll be fine."

"No, Chaejin. Go get change and wash off the liquid." He argued as Eunchan agreed.

"Yeah, or you'll get uncomfortable when all of that dries on your skin."

"But I don't have any other spare clothes." Serena countered in a soft tone.

"You still have the clothes you wore before changing into your uniform." Melanie reasoned as Serena laughed sheepishly.

"Yeah about that, before changing into my uniform earlier, they got wet and are now dirtied."

"How?" Kierra asked, confused.

"They were fine when you came in to work."

"Um, they accidentally dropped on to the floor when I was changing and I kind of stepped all over them."

"Wow, you're so embarrassing." Linna remarked with a laugh.

"Basically." Melanie agreed with a laugh as Serena nodded in good-nature.

"Yeah, I know right, especially today of all the other days."

"I have spare clothes in my locker. Especially a hoodie and sweats if you prefer that." Eunchan informed her a moment later.

"Change in to them and return it to me later when you got the time."

"Okay, thanks, Eunchan."

Luckily, for the remainder of the day there were no further issues while Eunchan and Chanran explained the situation to Jiwon and Minjee later. They were happy to know no one was hurt, but Jiwon slightly scolded Serena to be more careful in the future. However, she did applaud her niece in standing her ground and that she staffed well today, too. Jiwon mentioned she would get surveillence to better identify the three men if they ever showed up next time to cause trouble.

"Why are we here at Lotte World again?" Kierra questioned with a disbelief look and tone as the quartet arrived at the recreation complex a couple days later.

"Especially on the last day of the year. Y'all know how it gets, right?"

She eyed Melanie and Linna.

"Couldn't we have gone to Lotte World Tower or COEX to see fireworks instead?"

Kierra looked around them at the large crowd coming and going about the theme park.

"I mean, we've already been here and don't really need to check it out further."

"Yeah. Did y'all didn't forget how some people have said it gets super crowded here around December, right?" Serena added, mirroring Kierra's expression.

"Heck, even SEOULIGHT would have been better to see a cool light display than Lotte World's rides and such. It's kind of a hassle."

The duo still continued to slightly complained about having to spend their last hours out and about on the last day of 2022.

"Also," Serena began, "I'm sure the two of you didn't forget that I clearly told y'all that I was gonna sleep in on the new year, too."

"That doesn't sound so bad because I really don't have time for this, but I do got the time to sleep though." Kierra added with a laugh.

"Oh, we'll be fine." The younger two dismissed their sisters' words.

"Let's just have a little fun before the year ends since we always went home for the holidays." Linna reasoned.

"It is our first time to spend it like this in general?"

"Yeah, it is." Melanie agreed while shooting the older two a look.

"Even if it's crowded, it's not like we do this all the time. So, let's just have some fun for tonight, yeah?"

The younger two convinced the older two to spend their last hours at the popular theme park since everyone else had already made their own plans on how to spend the last day of the twenty-twenty-two year. Unknown to Kierra and Serena, but Linna and Melanie had planned ahead of time with Yewon, Woojoo, Sujin, and one other friend, Bae Sungyeon, to spend the last day of the year with one another despite the traffic as the cousins stayed in Seoul unlike previous years.

"Hi!" The other four greeted the cousins as they hugged one another.

"So glad to see y'all!"

"Now that we're all here, let's go inside." Sungyeon said while pointing a thumb over her shoulders.

"Also, we're sorry for not notifying y'all earlier about the others tagging along."

"Huh?"

The quartet titled their heads upon hearing that.

"What do you mean?"

The four turned to several other familiar faces from the last time they hung out. It seemed that there were even more than before. Which meant that the party was even greater than last time which could filled up one section of a thrill ride. They all waved and greeted one another.

"Yeah, well," Sujin began, "Woojoo and I were talking about it the other day and our brothers overheard us."

"But we were talking quietly yet they still heard us

Please log in to read the full chapter