026; sleepover

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

In the middle of watching JUNG_E, the cousins were constantly on their phones, getting updates from Minwoo about his and Jiwon's second day date as he also asked the four about their opinions. They figured the date was going well based on their aunt's SNS' accounts with pictures here and there about it and how she was loving each and every thing they were doing so far. So, just to add more excitement to it all, the quartet asissted their future uncle as best as they could while also commenting on their aunt's posts with enthusiasm. However, since the four were paying more attention to their phone than of the movie, they weren't aware that a pair of eyes kept checking in on them every now and then. Either out of coincidence or planned intentions, Melanie, Linna, Serena, and Kierra were sitting next to Jake, Sunghoon, Heeseung, and Jay, respectively.

"So, what's got you interested in your phone than the movie?" Jake whispered as he leaned in close to do so.

"My future uncle's proposal to my aunt." She answered, also whispering, but eyes still on her phone.

"Need to make sure it goes well for tomorrow as I won't be there."

"By doing what?"

"Giving him advice on what to do and not to do."

A soft giggle left her lips.

"Really can't wait to see the announcements tomorrow night though."

Jake just nodded, staying where he was as he focused his attention onto the movie. However, unconsciously, Melanie leaned closer to him and Jake allowed it as a silly smile graced his features.

"Who are you texting?" Sunghoon asked in a whisper, leaning close as if to see what Linna's was seeing.

"My future-uncle-to-be." She simply replied.

"Is that why you aren't watching the movie?"

"Yes. It's not that interesting to me."

"But you were part of the ones that wanted to watch it."

"Yes, but it's not as good as I thought. Besides, I'm helping my future-uncle-to-be as to not ruin his proposal to my aunt."

Linna continued to pay attention to her phone instead of on Sunghoon, and he wondered if he was disturbing her since she kind of gave him a weird look when he sat by her before the movie started. However, she didn't say anything and Sunghoon just took it as a good thing. Maybe he should've thought it wasn't a 'good thing'.

"Anyway, why are you asking? Is the light from my phone bothering you?"

Then again, it could still be a good thing when Linna continued the conversation with him.

"Who's got you smiling that, hmm?" Heeseung questioned with an amused and hushed tone as he leaned over towards Serena.

"No one you know." Serena remarked with a quiet laugh as she whispered alongside him while facing the male.

"And it's not my ex-boyfriend."

"I'm not concerned about that." Heeseung replied, although he wondered why Serena brought it up.

He got his answer when Serena responded.

"Because you seemed concern the last time when I mentioned I had an ex-boyfriend."

The amusement left his face as he wondered if she did catch that the time it came up. However, Heeseung watched as Serena's attention went back to her phone like nothing while he moved away and continued to watch the movie. Still, Serena only said that to clear up any misunderstanding or confusion that Heeseung may have lingering in the back of his mind, but she wasn't so sure if this extended the whole thing or cleared it up.

"You're gonna strain your eyes by looking at your phone's screen too much in the dark." Jay advised Kierra, leaning closer to her and whispering the words.

"It's fine." Kierra replied in a hushed tone, not bothered about how close Jay was or that she was indeed, straining her eyes with the light in the dark.

"Well, you're gonna have trouble sleeping."

"That's already a given."

Kierra softly laughed as she and Serena had always had trouble sleeping since they were young. How they got throught that was by getting enough sleep when they could and nap when possible and given the chance to do so. Jay regarded her a bit as Kierra felt Jay's eyes on her and she turned to him with a grateful smile.

"But thanks for worrying about me. I appreciate it. I'm fine, really."

"You're welcome."

Jay returned the same and left it at that as he just gave her a nod. Jay re-positioned himself and put his focus back on the movie whereas Kierra immediately went back to checking her phone, wondering if she should accept the fact that she may indeed seem to like, like Jay like that. 

"Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you!"

The group sang towards Sunoo as he clapped along before blowing out his birthday cake. They had just finished eating dinner and were now partaking in the cake.

"Whoo!" The others cheered.

"Okay, who wants cake?" Serena asked as she ended up slicing the cake into pieces while giving one to Sunoo.

"Is it mint chocolate?" He asked upon seeing the inside of the cake.

The cake itself was chocolate based with light green frosting being the main. Everything else were either yellow, red, or orange icing.

"What?!"

"No way!"

"You're joking, right?"

"Why?"

The others besides Kierra, Linna, and Melanie reacted, knowing that it wasn't mint chocolate, but held out plates to the others despite refusing them upon learning that it was mint chocolate instead.

"That's fine." Serena responded wih a playful tone.

"More for us five."

"Yeah!"

Sunoo high-fived Serena and the other three. Melanie, Linna, and Kierra laughed while taking a bite of their own slices of cake.

"But what about us?" Ni-Ki asked, sulking.

"I wanted some since you made it, Chaejin."

"Oh, it's not mint choco?" Sunoo commented with a questioning tone, having taken a bite of his cake.

He took another bite to make sure.

"Oh. It's just regular chocolate with vanilla frosting."

Sunoo glanced up at Serena an the other three with a sheepish look.

"But y'all already knew that, huh?"

"Yeah."

The others protested at being lied to while the trio passed out the slices to the others as they giggled upon doing so. Either way, everyone enjoyed the tasty cake.

"Woojoo tried making it, but it didn't work out." Serena explained as Sunoo nodded.

"So, Yiyeon and I made it instead."

"It's so pretty and delicious!" Woojoo stated with an appreciative look.

"I really should've just left it to you two."

"It's all good."

The group continued eating the delicious cake, taking seconds as they knew it wasn't actually mint chocolate.

"So, what's next?" Sunoo asked as everyone faced Woojoo.

"So, who's gonna tell him that we're not making anything for them?"

Serena glanced at her sister and cousins as they were currently making beaded keychains for themselves from Woojoo's beads collection while in the kitchen. At first it was just Serena and Kierra, but their sisters joined them later, not wanting to participate in the board games. As for the others, they were using the living room to play some board games. Sunghoon had come upon the group when he needed to use the toilet and casually commented that he wanted a necklace that was 'bright' and 'colorful' before walking away nonchalantly after saying that. At the moment, neither of the four completed their own art and hadn't even thought about making the others something.

"Actually, someone can make something for him, specifically."

Kierra cast her sister with a knowing look.

"No way." Linna rejected immediately.

"That would be totally obvious."

Serena looked over at her sister.

"Hmm, then Chaewon could make something for Jake and so Yiseul won't feel left out."

"What? No way." Melanie disagreed.

"That will be totally obvious with what's been going on lately."

"So, we just don't make anyone anything." Kierra reasoned as Serena shook her head.

"Yeah, right. They're gonna bother us if we don't make them something."

Currently, the others were playing Halli Galli with he cousins having no idea who was winning or losing yet they were competitive due to all the yelling and screaming.

"Well, they're distracted with playing games and so Sunghoon might not even noticed." Linna reasoned as the others nodded.

"True."

Still, Serena thought otherwise.

"How about we just make something for the each of them as a summer goodbye gift?"

"Are they still playing the pirate pop-up toy?" Kierra asked, the last of the cousins to shower and changed into her pajamas.

"No. They've moved on to two others since." Linna answered, the first of the cousins to shower.

"Yeah, they're on Penguin Pang Pang now." Melanie informed as Serena laughed.

"But Woojoo and Sunoo keeps losing while blaming one another."

"I know right." Linna agreed with a nod and a chuckle.

Soon enough, both of the Kim siblings had enough of the games and declared they were going to shower. The others just watched the pair rushed off, leaving the rest to pick up where the duo had left off. However, the two argued about who was gonna shower first as they rushed to take over the bathroom before the other.

"You would think by now they would be more civilized." Sujin commented, coming up to the four as the cousins laughed.

"Yeah, true."

"But that just shows that for them, they're close, too." Kierra reasoned.

The five focused their attention onto the other six as they continued playing, but this time with Jenga. Sujin glanced at hte four with a knowing look.

"Well, y'all don't act like siblings or even related at all despite confusing people when they do ask if y'all are related."

"We know." They chorused with a laugh.

"Oh, this is for you."

Serena handed Sujin a beaded keychain.

"Aww, thanks."

Sujin took the gift happily.

"Y'all didn't have to make me anything."

"Welcome." The four responded.

"Anyway, I'm done playing games, too. I'm gonna get ready for a bath, too."

Sujin went to join the other two, leaving the four with the rest of them.

"So, should we join in on the games or just give them their gift now?" Serena asked, looking at the other three.

"Honestly, I'm surprised they're taking turns to play the Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet versions." Linna commented as she, her sister, and her cousins watched the seven males play on Serena and Kierra's laptops against one another.

Sunoo had joined the party after learning they would be playing the latest Pokemon games and so gave up his turn to shower to Woojoo instead. Earlier, Serena and Kierra were gonna play with their nintendo switches to play the Pokemon games while Melanie and Linna were gonna play on their phones, but somehow the others found out about Kierra and Serena owing the games and suggested on having a Pokemon battle instead. Serena owned Violet whereas Kierra owned Scarlet and they split into two different teams to play based on who was challenging who after drawing lots.

"So," Melanie began as she announced who is battling who with a makeshift score board.

"Ni-Ki verses Jungwon. Sunoo verses Heeseung. Jay verses Sunghoon. And Jake would play against whoever wins from Jay and Sunghoon's battle."

"Whoo!"

The seven cheered as they readied themselves for battle, taunting one another with Melanie shaking her heads at their antics. Linna had gone to make some popcorn after hearing Sunoo mention it and remembered seeing some packets from earlier. Meanwhile, Kierra and Serena talked amongst themselves.

"So, what are you gonna do now that your switch and laptop are both preoccupied." Kierra asked as Serena sighed.

"I still have my phone, but it's not the same."

"I know right. Oh, better message in the cousins chat about us not playing the game though."

"Oh, shoot. True. Ally and Hannah will keep sending us invites, wondering why we're not joining despite being on."

Kierra laughed, agreeing.

"Right, and then get the others to bombard us."

The two shared a giggle as they messaged their brothers and cousins about what was g

Please log in to read the full chapter