025; summer vibes

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

On the first day of summer holiday vacation and the start of the summer session, the cousins found themselves performing songs for the summer segment conducted by the Student Council, Summer Vibes Stage. Jiwoo and Soeun were a part of and had volunteered their four friends for despite the cousins being unaware of the two were in the council. So, it came as a surprised when they were requested to do a favor for the duo last Friday. Serena and Kierra weren't keen on the idea only because they wanted to not perform when they could be packing or relaxing for their trip back home, but Linna and Melanie persusaded the two and here they were as they wanted to out with a bang for the semester.

"Hi! One, two..." Melanie led the greeting as they finished as a group.

"We're Summer Citrus!" The quartet introduced their new group name after performing two stages of Honey Summer and Hot Summer.

"Please watch over us kindly."

Soeun and Jiwoo insisted on naming the group and stage names to keep up the refreshing-like theme and found it cute and fitting for the quartet when dressed for the ocassion. The four were dressed in dark blue jean shorts, off white and beige t-shirts with a corresponding bright citrus fruit on it, beige and cream colored sneakers, and beige face masks. Serena went first followed by Melanie, Kierra, and finally Lime.

"I'm Orange!"

"I'm Grapefruit!"

"I'm Lemon!"

"I'm Lime."

"And we're Summer Citrus!"

They introduced themselves once more as Serena spoke again.

"So, we have lots of stages prepared for y'all this morning, but we're hoping it'll brightened your day for those of you starting classes today and for the rest who are about to start on your summer vacation!"

She looked at the others before facing the crowd again.

"So, we had some highly requested songs that many of you submitted when asked and so, please enjoy the next few stages!"

Soon enough, the four got into position to perform, Dance the Night Away, Dun Dun Dance, and Red Flavor.

"Are y'all having fun so far?" Linna asked the crowd, amused, after their performances.

The crowd cheered as it became bigger than before.

"We hoped everyone passed their finals and y'all worked so hard!" Kierra cheered, raising her arms in the air.

The crowd cheered once more as Melanie spoke this time.

"Anyway, this will be our last song for y'all today!"

The crowd expressed their sadness of the event ending as the four chuckled as Linna tried to calm down the audience.

"We know, we know, but it is what it is!"

"But yeah," Serena interjected.

"Our last stage is a remix version of Sweet Dream! Sing and dance along with us if you know it!"

And just like the previous songs, the four danced and sang to a rearrange version that fitted them. The quartet were having too much fun performing that they didn't noticed Jiwoo and Soeun both holding onto two small baskets. So when the song ended, the quartet were confused when they were made to stay on the stage when Soeun and Jiwoo brought Sunghoon, Heeseung, Jake, and Jay onto the makeshift stage.

"Hi! We actually have a special segment for our Summer Vibes Stage at the moment!" Jiwoo announced as she and Soeun stood in-between the two parties.

"Before we continued with our other acts, please welcome Sunghoon, Heeseung, Jake, and Jay onto the stage with Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit, and Orange!"

The cousins stared at one another, wondering why the other four were present. They assumed they would be off doing their summer vacation play somewhere else. The four males waved at the crowd and at the quartet with bright smiles. Jiwoo continued speaking.

"Anyway, we need y'all to help us keep track of which team catches the most balls in a minute!"

Two more council members came up on stage and set down two large baskets filled with plastic balls. The cousins once again looked at one another, puzzled when they had agreed to doing something like that. However, the other four knew they would be here as Ni-Ki, Jungwon, and Sunoo volunteered the four to participate once Soeun and Jiwoo were asking for people to come onto the stage a while ago. Still, the cousins didn't even know the others were in the crowd in the first place.

"Alright, so all four teams need to choose who will be the catcher and the thrower." Soeun announced, while looking between both parties.

"Oh, but first we need to decide on the pairing!" Jiwoo recalled with a laugh while looking back and forth between the eight.

"How should we do this?"

Before the cousins could even suggest how they should go about it, Jake, Heeseung, Sunghoon, and Jay immediately ran over to stand behind a certain person with a bright look as they announced their partner.

"I choose Grapefruit!"

"I choose Orange."

"I choose Lime."

"I choose Lemon!"

Melanie, Serena, Linna, and Kierra smiled behind their masks, keeping their cool as they just went with the flow.

"Okay! Now, let's the games began!"

Soeun and Jiwoo passed out the baskets as the cousins were the catchers, leaving the other quartet to be throwers. However, the males were given eye masks to prevent the four from being able to see where they should be aiming for, leaving the cousins to catch as best as they can. Each team were intense as the males were intent on winning while the cousins were just trying to best to play for fun and not bumping into one another. The minute passed by and the winners were announced.

"Give it up for, Team Heeseung and Orange!"

The crowd cheered and applauded whereas the other three males were disappointed at not winning while their partners just laughed. However, Serena cheered and clapped out of sportsmanship until she felt arms wrapped around her waist as Heeseung lifted her up to celebrate. Her arms wrapped themselves around Heeseung's shoulders at the unexpected action as the audience cheered louder upon seeing the two like this. Serena tapped Heeseung to put her down, but he happily celebrated on their win. Melanie, Kierra, and Linna were shocked to see this type of thing happened to Serena whereas the Jake, Jay, and Sunghoon cheered on their friend.

"Yah, Lee Heeseung, put me down!" Serena urgently said as she tapped his shoulder harder which to relented and brought her down to her feet.

Heeseung just got caught up in the moment and winning that he just rolled with it, not sure what came over him to do that to Serena despite knowing her for several years now. Still, Heeseung didn't regret it although he wasn't sure he could say the same for Serena though. As much as Serena never like skinship, she had never really mind as long as she was comfortable with her. Still, she never had much of a problem when her friends messed with her and clung to her on a daily basis. Yet, this sudden closeness with Heeseung made her more self-aware about it all and she didn't know how to take it.

"Congrats and thanks." Serena told Heeseung before running off after that.

When the other three noticed, they followed after Serena, telling their partner 'thanks' and running away soon after. The males just watched, confused, but didn't have much time to process it as Jiwoo and Soeun moved on.

"Please give a round of applause for these four in participating in our special segment! The winners get our adorable limited edition school mascot, BiHye the Dragon!"

Soeun and Jiwoo presented Heeseung with two of the pastel green two feet tall dragon plush toys as he told them that he will give one of them to 'Orange' personally. The other three seemed jealous of their friend's prize while Heeseung wonderd if Serena would meet him later to claim her prize. Once the quartet made it back at the Student Council room to gather their things, Serena's sister and cousins about her skinship with Heeseung and that karma was serving it nicely back at her. Serena dismissed their teasings nonchalantly despite the fluttering feelings within her wanting to explode.

Two days later, the four were at Woojoo's parents' residence in Suwon alongside Sujin as they were decorating the house for a surprise party for Sunoo's birthday. A majority of their friends had either returned home or were abroad on a summer trip for the summer holiday. For some odd reason, the siblings' parents weren't home, having visited family in another province, but had celebrated the day prior. Currently each pair were either in the main living room, the kitchen, or another part of the house doing whatever it was to decorate the area. Unknown to the six, Sunoo and company had came over to spend time here and away from Seoul.

"Ahh!" Ni-Ki screamed in-between Kierra and Serena to spook the pair.

His yell along with pressing his palms against their mid-backs at the same time caused the two to flinch at the sudden noise while jerking away from being touched in the process. They each slapped the laughing male upon discovering the person that was trying to mess with them as Ni-Ki deflected their attacks.

"You're such a brat." Kierra commented as she smack the younger male again with Serena joining in.

"For reals. Why do you always have to mess with us?"

"Because it's fun." Ni-Ki responded with a laugh as he avoided the oncoming attacks.

"Better watch you back kid." Serena said with a playful look as he chuckled, dismissing her little threat.

"Yeah, right."

"Weren't you guys supposed to be here later tonight though?" Kierra asked, still annoyed as she pushed the younger male away from her.

"Oh, we came earlier."

Ni-Ki barely budged from the push as he pointed behind him while the female duo turned their attention to the other six, curious. They awkwardly greeted the males, not expecting Sunoo and the others to be here already when they were still setting up.

"WOOJOO!" Kierra loudly called out for her friend.

"Your brother's home, ruining the surprise!"

"Wait! What?! Really?!"

Woojoo's voice came from some other part of the house while Melanie and Linna joined the two a few seconds later, awkwardly greeting the males as well. The other two joined them a moment later.

"What are you doing here already?"

Woojoo looked at her brother as Sunoo scoffed.

"You told me t

Please log in to read the full chapter