004; new 2023

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"It's so freaking cold, man." Serena complained while shivering.

"And it's too eary for this, especially on a Sunday."

The quartet were currently on the rooftop of their home, owned by Jiwon, while overlooking the city of their neighborhood as they awaited for the early morning sunrise some time after seven. Linna and Melanie came into their sisters' bedrooms to coaxed the two into watching the first Seoul's sunrise of the 2023 new year and to wish on for some good vibes to began their new year, too. The four returned home late after hanging out with friends and so the older pair were grumpy about being woken up while the younger pair had too much energy to continue to sleep in despite wanting to.

"It's because you're not wearing a puffer jacket, but Eunchan's hoodie still." Melanie deadpanned.

"Also, we're watching the sunrise which happened to fall on a Sunday, too."

"I know, but still, I had a thermal sweatshirt underneath last night, but took it off later on and don't have one on right now. Anyway, this hoodie was also the first one I saw that was closes to me and put it on right away because two people wouldn't stop rushing us about it." Serena reasoned, still shivering.

All four wore hoodies, sweats, socks, and slippers to observe the scenery around them despite the chilly weather save for Serena as the other three also had on their puffer jackets to withstand the cold early morning weather.

"By the way, are you even gonna return Eunchan his hoodie?" Linna inquired.

Serena shrugged.

"Dunno, but he still hasn't said anything about it though."

She cast them all with a sly look.

"Then again, if he doesn't claim it back, then I'm just gonna add it to my collection until he does or something. I really hope that he doesn't."

Serena chuckled at her words.

"It's quite cozy and have become quite fond of it."

"Wow." The trio responded as Serena giggled.

"Mmhmm. Then again, I'll return it eventually when I'm not fond of it anymore or something."

The group laughed before gazing to the view before them.

"Anyway, why are we watching the sunrise again?" Kierra questioned with a yawn, uninterested.

"Because it'll be our first Seoul sunrise for the first day of the year." Linna explained.

"I mean, we always slept in on the new year back home so this should be added to our memories."

"I have enough memories." The older two chimed, yawning.

"Oh, just stay and then we can go back to sleep after it's over." Melanie told them with her phone ready to capture the view.

Linna did the same thing before casting the other two with a weird look.

"Yeah. I thought y'all like the whole scenery thing."

"We do, but it's too early for this ." Kierra responded with another yawn as Serena nodded.

"Yeah, for reals."

Still the older two stopped complaining and stayed on the rooftop with their sisters. A moment later, the sun slowly rose a few minutes before eight and they wished each other a happy new year, remembering that they haven't done it yet. They watched as the colors in the sky changed with an awe look before heading inside after taking a few more pictures to get ready for work in a couple hours.

"Do y'all still do little performances?" Jiwon asked her two youngest nieces as the three were chatting as they tidy up the shop during it's down time.

Simplistic finally quieted down just a while ago since they opened at noon as they had a special for the new year which brought in a little more business than usual when they opened. It was currently a little after four and Serena and Kierra were with the other three, making preparations until they closed today so they didn't have to do more tomorrow.

"Not really. Back then we were just a KPOP cover group. It was all just for fun and to pass time." Melanie commented as Linna nodded.

"Yeah, we really haven't done any since graduating high school."

The pair looked at their aunt.

"Why? What's up?"

"Well," Jiwon began, "I was wondering if y'all could do a little performance of sort for a friend of mine whose son's birthday is coming up soon."

"What day?" Linna asked.

"Because we have plans for the seventh and nineteenth already."

"Yeah, it's our two friends' birthdays those days. When is your friend's son's birthday?"

"On the eleventh."

"Why have some random university kids perform for your friend's son's party though?" Melanie asked.

"Wouldn't it be better to hirer actual performers though?"

"She did, but they cancelled on her and she's waiting for a refund. However, she didn't want to disappoint her son and I remembered you guys the other day."

Jiwon looked at her nieces hopefully.

"So, do you think you could do me this little favor?"

"Yeah, we could do that."

"By the way, how old is he turning though?"

"He'll be seven years old. Thanks. I'll let Yuna know."

Jiwon cast them with a smile before making a call to her friend. The two cousin looked at one another with a playful look.

"Do you think our sisters would be okay with it?" Linna mused as Melanie grinned.

"They'll live. Besides, it's already confirmed and we'll just have to bribed them with bubble tea and snacks before then. So, we'll be fine."

"True."

"Why do you keep wearing that red hoodie, Chaejin?"

"Because I can, Yunjin."

She snuggled into herself.

"It's so freaking comfy."

She eyed her friend supiciously.

"Why do you care and keep asking about it?"

"No reason." Yunjin denied as she turned away from Serena.

"Right."

"Actually, I'm curious about it." Woojoo asked a second later as she shot Serena a mischievous look.

"Is it from your male co-worker?"

"It is, but not in the sense that you're thinking."

"And what would that be?"

"A romantic one."

"Oh, you caught me."

The group of friends laughed as they dropped the subject. The cousins met up with Sujin, Woojoo, Yunjin, Sungyeon, and Yewon, at their home before walking down the street to their other friend's house as all of them lived in sharehouses of the same block. Soon they walked up to the house with Sungyeon knocking on the door. A moment later, the door opened, revealing the birthday girl herself.

"Hi!" Saerom greeted them happily as she welcomed them inside.

"Welcome, welcome. Thanks for coming by. There's quite a bit of us, so every place should have someone to mingle with."

Saerom laughed as she pointed to different parts of the house as she explained what was going on.

"Um, so, depending on what y'all wanna do or where y'all wanna go, but there's a movie going on the in the main living room, some are making pizza in the kitchen, others are lounging around and talking in the other living room, and there's a few games of beer pong going on in the backyard among other stuff, too."

Saerom flashed them a smile.

"Take your pick."

"Thanks." The group thanked her with Yewon asking what she was doing at the moment.

"What were you in the midst of doing before answering the door?"

"Well, I came from the toilet, but I was in the midst of a jump roping contest."

"Against who?"

"The boys. It's a battle of the es tonight." She grinned before continuing.

"It's me, Chaeyoung, Hayoung, and Megan against Nicholas, EJ, Jaehyun, and Sungho."

Saerom smile at the group?

Yunjin, Sungyeon, and Yewon jumped on the idea.

"Oh, us!"

The pair could hear the snickers coming from the others behind them, but didn't comment.

"Okay, cool. Anyone else?"

Saerom looked at the others, but they shook their heads.

"Cool. So yeah, make yourself comfortable. Drinks and snacks are throughout the house, so help yourself. As for the three of you, follow me."

The other six watched the group disappear while glancing at one another.

"Alright. So, it's just us. What do y'all wanna do?" Sujin asked them with a goofy smile.

"If you two lose, then you'll have to give us kisses on the cheeks. If you win, then we will give you kisses on the cheeks."

"What's up with you and kisses, Choi Yeonjun?" Serena remarked with a laugh.

She and Kierra found themselves playing beer pong some time later after singing the birthday song to Saerom and the cake cutting. Currently it was a game between the cousins against Yeonjun and their other friend, Choi Soobin, with the battle of the es still going on.

"You know you and Yiyeon love my kisses."

Yeonjun blew them another playful kiss.

"You're such a flirt and nah. If Yiyeon and I win, then you two have to give us piggy-back rides back to Woojoo's house instead."

"Oh, are y'all staying with them tonight?" Soobin asked.

"Mmhmm. Their place isn't as packed as this house." Kierra stated.

"Also, it'll be late to go back home after this since we're all drinking."

"Then Soobin and I will just have to win then to get them kisses."

Yeonjun swung an arm around Soobin's shoulders.

"Right?"

"Yeah." Soobin agreed half-heartedly, but laughed nevertheless as he looked at the female duo.

"Now let's finish this game."

"Fine by me." Serena responded while shooting her ping pong ball, making it in.

"Whoo!"

The cousin hi-fived as Kierra readied herself to shoot and also made it in a second later.

"Drink up!"

The male duo drank with the others around them while cheering for either team, wanting to see which one would win. Soon the pair won with Kierra making the last cup, causing the two males to drink up the rest of the remaining cups.

"Yay!" The cousins cheered as Serena faced Yeonjun.

"Will you be able to carry me later?"

"Yeah...no." He responded with a giggle as he leaned onto Soobin.

"Can you?" He asked his friend as Soobin shook his head.

"I don't think so either."

The two let out giggles and just as they were about to drink some more, Serena took their cups from them.

"No more. We'll finish these."

Both Kierra and Serena drank both cups despite Yeonjun trying to grab his cup back.

"I said no more, Choi Yeonjun."

Please log in to read the full chapter