013; auditions

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Audition day finally rolled around Sunday morning on the sixteenth, and four of the six weren't thrill to be at their school's auditorium so early in the morning.

"This is still so early, bro." Serena said in-between a yawn while slouching in her seat as Kierra did the same.

"Yeah, for real. Why do we need to be here so early though?"

"The turnout to be more than last year and so auditions is all morning until late evening." Soeun replied with a slight chuckle.

"My bad." Jiwoo apologized with a giggle.

"I really thought I mentioned it in the chat a few days ago."

"It's fine."

The group of six looked about them noticing the audition filling up save a few seats here and there. Seohoo would joined them later after opening Simplistic. The six continued talking, wondering how many acts were actually going to perform today and if the ones in charge of the event were going to be picky or not.

"Hello everyone and thank you all for joining us this morning for auditions."

Alice, the overall person in charged of the talent, stood on stage to welcome the participants getting the attention of everyone present. She then motioned for several more people to join her.

"This year joining me in the selection for those to participate in our April's Talent Show are Yooyoung, Nara, Haley, Yoonjo, Yeoreum, Ara, and Seoyoung. This will go by quickly with more people this year, so please be mindful of us and we'll be mindful of you."

The other seven introduced themselves before walking off the stage and down the area where several tables were set up like booths.

"Anyway, I'm going to divide you guys into certain sections before your audition. When I call out each act, please make your way to one of the seven booths quietly and without disturbances led by one of them." Alice explained while holding several pieces of paper and motioning to the tables.

"Please pay attention as once you move over to your assigned area where Haley, Yooyoung, and the others will hand you your nametags and other information. When everyone is settled the auditions will start at nine."

Name by name were called out as the auditionees listened attentively for their name and where to line up. Soon enough the participants moved from their seats to collect their nametags and learned at what time they would be doing their auditions. The friends awaited for their group name, Color Me Pretty, to be call upon. In the end, the cousins allowed the pair to choose both the name and the song they would be auditioning with. Again, believing this was more about them than anything else. As for the cousins' team with Seohoo, he messaged them that he was on his way over along with the team name they would be going by, Minam Dang, if he doesn't arrive in time and for them to get all the info.

"I still can't believe we have to wear these until auditions are over." Serena complained as she adjusted the straps of the large nametag with her name on it.

"It makes us seem like trainees having an evaluation." Linna mused.

"I kinda like it."

"Of course you would." Kierra remarked with a laugh as she got done adjusting her nametag.

"I'm just mad that we're both in the late afternoon."

"I know." Melanie agreed.

"I would rather get it done and over with."

"True."

"Oh, c'mon, it's not that bad as we have each other to hang out with." Seohoo reasoned with a smile as the others agreed.

"I guess. Anyway," Serena looked over at Jiwoo and Soeun.

"Do you know how many they'll accept this year?"

"Uh, I forgot how many they had last year or for how long it was. Do you remember, Soeun?"

Jiwoo cast her friend a look as Soeun thought about it.

"Um, if I recall, depending on how the acts go today we could have at least like thirty."

"That's roughly like over an hour." Melanie calculated.

"Wasn't it three hours last year?"

"I think so." Linna tried to recall.

"But last year was a competition and not a showcase."

"Oh yeah, it was such a mess to deal with due to everyone not being on the same page."

Kierra laughed as Soeun agreed.

"Yeah, so this time around, they're doing a showcase of sorts with some of the music and dance faculty being judges to make it fair."

"What are the Student Council trying to get with the funds from this showcase for?" Serena asked once she was satisfied with her nametag placement.

"For the All-Star Sports competition." Jiwoo answered.

"This time around they wanna try adding an actual obstacle course which fell through last year."

"Oh really? That'll be cool." Seohoo said with a nod as Soeun agreed.

"Yeah, so they're really working hard this year to top last year and the years before that."

"I thought they were also trying to raise the funding to have another water fountain install at the front, no?" Melanie inquired with a thoughtful look as Melanie nodded.

"Yeah, or was it to update one of the building in the back of the school?"

"It's something like that, too. The funds are always being used for the school one way or another." Soeun said with a nod and shrug.

"Anyway," Seohoo interjected with a sweet smile.

"While waiting, let's get something to drink or eat. It's gonna be a long day and we all need fuel and to past the time."

"One, two," Jiwoo began before the six finished as a group, "We are GIRLS' WISHES ! Hello!"

The cousins performed first with Jiwoo and Soeun while they'll perform with Seohoo a few acts after this.

"I'm Lee Jiwoo.

"I'm Kang Soeun."

"I'm Jung Chaejin."

"I'm Jung Yiseul."

"I'm Jung Chaewon."

"And I'm Jung Yiyeon."

Jiwoo continued speaking.

"We'lll be performing Mr.Mr so please watch over us kindly."

Both Jiwoo and Soeun decided to do a different song instead of the three they had wanted previously, but luckily the group had enough time to rearrange the song and dance before the time for auditions came through. Soon after, the six went into formation and performed for the judges.

"Alright, thank you so much for your audition, Color Me Pretty." Alice thanked them with a smile while writing on the clipboard before her.

She then glanced at the others.

"Would you guys like to say anything?"

Yoonjo nodded before looking over at Serena with a smile.

"Chaejin." She called Serena's name as she looked at her.

"Yes?"

"Where did you buy your hoodie?"

Serena looked down her lime green cat eating popcorn hoodie.

"Ah, it was a gift from a friend. I don't know where he bought it."

"Ah, if you find out, then will you let me know?"

"Of course."

The others laughed as Alice went back on topic.

"Anyone else?"

Yoonjo raised her hand again.

"Yes, Yoonjo?"

"For Yiyeon. Where did you get your hoodie?"

Kierra laughed as she looked down at her peach orange snacking bear hoodie before returning her eyes back to Yoonjo.

"Same as Chaejin. A friend got it and I don't know where, but once I find out, I'll definitely let you know for sure."

"Okay, thanks. Nothing further."

"Aright, anyone else?"

Alice looked at the others as the others shook their heads before Alice faced the six again.

"Thank you once again for participating. Results will be posted soon, so check our school website for that or the forum's bulletin board. Have a good rest of your day."

"Thank you." The six thanked them as they bowed before walking off and handling all the items back to the staff.

The friends chit chat for a moment longer until Jiwoo and Soeun bid the cousins goodbye as they both worked later that evening. Now it was just the five.

"I'm nervous." Seohoo suddenly expressed as he patted his chest to calm himself down.

"It's been a long while since I've performed anything."

"Don't worry, Seohoo." Linna reassured him.

"How about we go check on the instruments and get things ready before we go on."

"Yiseul's right." Melanie agreed.

"Let's check the gear so that there's no hiccups."

"One, two," Seohoo began as they finished as a group.

"We're Minam Dang and we'll be doing Hold On Tight."

Seohoo became main vocals as he was the one that wanted to partake in the talent show while the others decided to play an instrument. Linna on guitar, Serena on bass, Melanie on drums, and Kierra on syntheziers to form a band instead. One by one they introduced themselves and their instruments.

"Seohoo on vocals!"

"Chaejin on bass!"

"Yiseul on guitar!"

"Yiyeon on synthesizers!"

"Chaewon on drums!"

Seohoo continued speaking.

"Please watch over us kindly and enjoy the show!"

"Thank you and ready whenever you are." Alice announced as she and the other judges awaited for Minam Dang's performance.

Seohoo looked at the others as they nodded, indicating they were ready whenever he was ready. The five performed, getting into the whole thing with ease. Soon after, they finished as they awaited the judges' commentary.

"Wha, that's such a great song. Great performance." Seoyoung commented happily before Alice could ask the team for their input.

Everyone laughed as Seoyoung shied away.

"I'm done. That's all I wanna say."

"Okay, that's fine. Anyone else?"

Alice looked around at the other judges as they shook their heads. Alice focused on the five again.

"Alright, that's it. Thank you for participating and results will be posted soon on our school website and the bulletin board. Have a good rest of your day."

The friends left and chit chat for a bit as Seohoo excused himself to meet up with his other friends who were done with their own auditions or dance practices.

"So, what now?" Serena asked the other three as they stood outside their school's auditorium while figuring out what to do next as they were free.

"Oh, Woojoo and Sujin sent a message." Melanie perked up, checking her phone.

"They wanna meet up."

"What room did they say they were in again?" Kierra asked as Sujin replied.

"They said they were in the further room to the right."

The group of friends walked down the hallway of the dance department so that Sujin and Woojoo could watch their brothers practice, but didn't want to go alone and messaged the cousins in hopes they could join them. So here they all were with Woojoo knocking on the door, but no response. It might've b

Please log in to read the full chapter