022; changes

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Good evening, everyone." Hyeyoung greeted the customers of 20 CUBE, a cafe of sort that had an entertainment corner, where she worked.

"Tonight, I would like to introduced, Grey Skies!"

The customers cheered and or clapped as the quartet walked onto the small stage in their disguise of dark colored clothing and shoes while wearing simple black and sequinned masquerade masks. This was the favor Hyeyoung had asked for and the four decided to help her out as it got them to be out of the house and distract them from other things. Hyeyoung glanced at her friends before facing the crowd again.

"So, before any of y'all get the wrong idea about them, these four ladies would like to bring down the mood a bit for their segment in tribute to those that have been wronged in love or had just lost a love one."

The quartet decided to go the route of break-up and sad songs to help Melanie and Linna get over this feeling and mood as quickly as possible.

"But don't worry, we have other wonderful acts after that that will bring up the mood once more!" Hyeyoung assured the crowd before motioning at her friends again.

"So, please be kind to our friends, Grey Skies!"

Hyeyoung walked off the stage, leaving it to the quartet. Serena started them off.

"1, 2..."

Serena glanced at the other three as they nodded to indicate they were ready.

"We're Grey Skies!"

The crowd cheered once more as the quartet each introduced themselves starting from Serena, then Linna, followed by Melanie, and last with Kierra. However, Linna and Melanie spoke with as much enthusiasm as they could. Their stage names fitted their new group name.

"I'm Gyeoul Bi!"

Winter Rain.

"I'm Gaeul Bi."

Autumn Rain.

"I'm Bom Bi."

Spring Rain.

"I'm Yeoreum Bi!"

Summer Rain.

They finished the rest together.

"And once again, we're Grey Skies! Please watch over us kindly."

More cheers as Serena continued speaking.

"Just like what Hyeyoung said earelir, we're bringing the mood down, and just vibe with us for now. Now," She looked at the trio as they took a seat on stage with the chairs Hyeyoung and staff had prepared for them.

"Let's begin with the first song of our segment, Good Night Like Yesterday."

The quartet motioned with their hands in front of them to signal to Hyeyoung that they were ready whenever they were.

"Music, cue!"

Soon enough the soft melodies played as Linna sang first. Soon enough, the rest of the songs flowed through with each woman showcasing the emotion of the words they sang. The second song, I'll Back Off So You Could Live Better played after, then followed by, What Do You Know, next came, Only One, and lastly the quartet's stage ended with GHOST with miminal breaks in-between for them to grab a drink or take a breather.

"1, 2..." Serena began while looking at the others once their segment ended and finished as a group, "We were Grey Skies!"

The quartet bowed as they thanked the crowd for listening in on them and letting them express themeslves. Soon, Hyeyoung took over once more to introduce the next act as she quietly thanked her friends for participating. However, the four weren't aware that Jake, Sunghoon, and company were in the crowd and witnessed the cousins pouring their hearts into the songs they've just sung to. Despite the disguise they wore, the seven recognized the quartet with Heeseung, Jay, Sunoo, Jungwon, and Ni-Ki questioning Sunghoon and Jake if something had happened upon sensing the two being tensed throughout their stages. The duo remained quiet and the other five left it at that.

"I can't believe you and Hyundong are permanently moving to the Netherlands, Minjee." Jiwon commented with a teary eye.

"We're all gonna miss you."

All the workers plus Minjee's boyfriend, Hyundong, sat around Simplistic on a Sunday afternoon as Jiwon closed the shop for the day to celebrate the sudden couple's going away party. Minjee only revealed everything this morning, causing Jiwon to send out a mass text to her employees about it. 

"It's still shocking." Danbi chimed in.

"I know right." Junyoung agreed.

"I'm gonna miss our openings together."

"Me, too, Junyoung." Minjee agreed with a nod.

"I'm gonna miss the days she made her special moffles." Kierra commented as Minjee eyed her.

"I knew you only like me for my food."

The group shared a laugh as they all continued to tease one another and reminisce about their time working together. The group of co-workers friends continued to converse and hangout with one another, eating and drinking all the items on the menu, past and present, all on the house for tonight. Everyone talked to the late afternoon and early evening as Minjee and Hyundong would be flying out later later tonight on their new journey ahead of them and needed to pack. So, eventually everyone wished them the best of luck as they all bid each other goodbyes with tears and laughter. As for everyone else, they helped clean up Simplistic, splitting up the work amongst them before they all bid each other goodbye until tomorrow. 

"Hmm, Eunmi has something she wants to announce to us and I can invite Minwoo along tonight, too." Jiwon announced as the five were on their way home.

"There's only one thing I can think of, but ain't gonna say anything."

"What is it?"

"What do you know?"

"Tell us."

"Spill the tea."

The quartet urged, wanting their aunt to answer them. However, Jiwon laughed, keeping her lips seal and leaving her nieces to imagine the result instead.

"Are you on a group date, Jung Chaewon?"

"Yeah, most definitely."

Melanie's response made Hyewon quite pleased although her own boyfriend stood right by her. The four were waiting outside the restaurant for their aunt, Eunmi, and her sons to arrive as the quartet were early. However, Hyewon couldn't mind her business as she came up to them with Jinwoong in tow when Taeyoung, Hanjun, and Seohoo arrived before their mother and greeted the quartet. Hyewon believed that Melanie was on a group date just now.

"Really?"

"Mmhmm."

Melanie couldn't care any more about the situation despite still feeling weirded out about the overall situation in general although she knew that she still had to interact with Jake eventually. She's been ditching her tutoring session and ignoring him class by far. Other than that, she just wished for Hyewon would leave her alone. The others didn't intervene, allowing Melanie to handled it on her own accord.

"Now, if that's all you came here for, Jeon Hyewon, then we're done here."

"No, Jung Chaewon, I'm not finished. I wanna know about Jung Yiseul and Sunghoon, too. Are y'all still dating?"

Hyewon pointed at Linna as the latter replied with a nochalant attitude.

"We broke up, too. You can tell Choi Rika that she's free to chase after him."

Linna and Melanie boredly stared at her.

"Now, please leave us alone."

"Ha, wonderful!"

Jingwoon cast his girlfriend a look.

"How is that wonderful?"

Hyewon realized he was still around and that she was committed to another person. She flashed him a sweet smile, being cutesy and all.

"Oh, um, nothing, sweetie. Let's eat somewhere else."

"But I-"

Hyewon grabbed Jinwoong's arm and hurriedly led the two away from the restaurant. The male trio stared at Linna and Melanie.

"Y'all had boyfriends?"

Melanie and Linna didn't want to talk about it and so Kierra and Serena intervened, directing the attention to someone else.

"They did."

"That's not important."

Seohoo felt offended.

"I went to school with y'all, but none of you told me though?" 

He pouted as everyone laughed while his brothers .

"Not such a ladies' man are you?"

"I wouldn't date you if I was them either though."

Seohoo ignored his brothers' words as the group of friends continued to converse until the rest showed up a few minutes later.

"You didn't have to lie to me, Yiyeon." Jay remarked in a heated tone, catching Kierra by surprise.

Kierra had exited the women restroom and was on her way back to her family where Eunmi had invited Jiwon and company as she considered them family since she had no other immediate family besides her sons as her husband passed several years ago and the in-laws cut contact after his death. Anyway, Eunmi announced her sudden engagement with her then boyfriend now turned fiance when Jay intercepted Kierra in the short hallway. Kierra cast him with a puzzled look, unaware that Jay was dining here, too.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Jay."

"Clearly you actually have a boyfriend, Jung Yiyeon. You shouldn't have strung me along."

"I never strung you along, Park Jongseong."

Kierra matched his energy despite being fully aware they were still in the restaurant with onlookers could possibly here her. Kierra remained calm and collect as to try not get defensive, wondering if Jay's close friends were around, too.

"And I don't have a boyfriend. What even gave you the impression that I did?"

"I saw it with my own eyes, Yiyeon. You were having dinner and that Seohoo guy had his arms around you all night."

This still left Kierra confused about the whole situation. Did he not see that Seohoo also had his arms around Serena all night, too?

"I'm not sure why you're so upset, Jay, but I'm here having dinner in support my aunt's engagement."

"Don't lie, Yiyeon. I saw it with my own eyes."

"Did you see that he had his arms around Chaejin, too? Or the fact that Seohoo only did that was to ward off this creep sitting behind me and her. Which leads me to wonder why you're even getting so flustered about all of this in the first place. So, what's your deal, Park Jongsaeng?"

Kierra changed her mind as she didn't want to deal with him further. She didn't want her mood to sour the evening with the others, especially for Eunmi and her fiance, Lee Sangwoo.

"Look, Jay, forget it. I'm going back to my dinner and I suggest you do the same thing. Cool down and talk to me when you figure yourself out."

"Wai-"

Kierra interrupted Jay as he seemed apologetic.

"Have a good night, Park Jongseong."

Kierra continued to use his full name, indicating that she was upset with him. Kierra walked passed him with a shake of her head while putting on a cool face as to not alarm her sister, cousins, and the others. As for Jay, he released a slow breath as stared after her, thinking about how he should have handled that better and letting Kierra's words sink in. Jay shook his head, wondering why he lost his cool at the though

Please log in to read the full chapter