020; mini dance

bills [discontinued] READ LAST CHAPTER!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"How is it going?" Kierra inquired while looking at her sister and younger cousin as Serena nodded.

"Yeah, like are they talking comfortably or just being all shy?"

"Good." Melanie and Linna answered, happily.

"Lots of talking."

The quartet were at a restaurant-like cafe in the late afternoon on a Friday, observing their friends on a double date. Beomgyu with Jiwoo and Taehyun with Soeun as the couples sat at the same table. Both sets of friends had messaged the quartet last night to go with them to help smooth everything out if it didn't go well. Neither pair were aware of what the other pair did. Serena and Kierra had their backs to the couples while Linna and Melanie had a better view although they were just a few tables away from the two couples.

"Okay, good. Then our job here is done." Serena commented with a smile.

"Let's go."

"Can't we like order food, too?" Linna asked a second later as Melanie nodded.

"Yeah, I mean, we're already here."

"I guess." 

Serena shrugged as the four went through the menu, deciding on what to actually order as they only settled on drinks earlier. Kierra and Serena didn't expect to stay while the other two played it by ear to see how things we go. Just as they were about to order, Melanie and Linna changed their minds.

"Actually, let's go somewhere else?"

"Why?" Kierra questioned as Serena glanced at them.

"Yeah. I thought y'all wanted food, no?"

Kierra and Serena followed their sisters' line of sights, seeing that Sunghoon, Jake, and the other five entering the establishment.

"Aww, but don't you two wanna have a late lunch with your boyfriends?" Serena teased them a second later as Linna frowned.

"No. They might asked Chaewon and I to go on another date where they just end up playing a game against one another."

"For reals. They're worst than the boys back home, but the two are super cute whenever they argue about who won and all that though." Melanie added with a laugh.

Kierra laughed, nodding at her cousin's words.

"That does sound similar."

"Okay, then, let's go." Serena said a second later.

"The two couple over there are fine on their own now and we don't need to have a group date amongst friends if those seven spot us."

"Yes, please." The other three agreed.

Soon the quartet got up from their table, already having paid for their drinks earlier. The cousins did one last check on their four friends before heading towards the entrance as it was also the only exit of the restaurant, too. They just assumed and hoped the group of seven wouldn't noticed them and would have been shown their table by now. However, that wasn't the case as both parties passed by one another before the quartet could even head towards the entrance.

"Oh, hi!" Sunoo greeted the cousins with a bright smile.

"Hi." The quartet greeted back, feigning cheerfulness.

"Did y'all just get here, too?" Jungwon asked a second later.

"Actually, we're leaving." Linna replied as Melanie agreed.

"Yeah, leaving now."

"Already?" Sunghoon and Jake questioned as the two females nodded.

Meanwhile, Kierra and Serena shared a look, enjoying the overall interaction. Kierra leaned over just so Serena could hear.

"This would make another great short story for you, huh?"

"I'm already running the details in my head since they told us about it."

"How does it play out?"

"Hella cute. Hopefully, for this piece here, I'll remember it when we get home."

"That's not gonna happen."

"I know, but I'm hoping at least the good parts linger around longer."

The pair giggled to themselves before focusing their attention onto their sisters and happened to catch eyes with Jay and Heeseung, respectively. The four shared a small smile amongst them until Kierra and Serena felt themselves being being pulled along by their sisters.

"Anyway, we need to get going." Melanie informed the males as Linna nodded, just as eager.

"Yeah, definitely gotta go."

"Wait, Yiyeon and Chaejin owe me a meal." Ni-Ki interjected as the pair stared at him.

"No, we don't."

"Do we?"

"Yes you do. I got good marks on my midterms."

"Oh, right. Yeah, next time." Serena and Kierra responded with a laugh.

"Okay, bye!" The quartet bid the group one last time before rushing off.

The four exited the restaurant while the seven were led to their table, but noticed their other friends along the way and greeted them briefly so they could leave them alone on their date. As for the cousins, the older two couldn't help, but tease the younger two.

"I mean, we could've left y'all on a double date, too."

"For reals, they looked like they wanted to talk without all of us around."

Linna and Melanie rolled their eyes, but didn't comment although they got the vibes from Sunghoon and Jake that they did want to do just that. Eventually the quartet found another place to dine-in after walking without any further happenings for them. As for the double date between the two pairs however went well and the four thanked the cousins for coming along in support.

"Okay, we agree because it's Minjung's birthday." Serena informed to their group of female friends.

Serena spoke on behalf of her, her sister, and cousins after the four had a heavy discussion amongst the four of them. The quartet were celebrating Minjung's birthday at her sharehouse along with their other friends as well as several others on the female dance team.

"We agree do just one dance performance for this mini dance showcase or whatever it is." 

"No more, no less." Kierra chimed in with a pointed look at the large group.

"Because we're just helping out until Nagyung, Jisun, Saerom, and Chaeyoung get better."

Somehow the conversation had shifted to the dance showcase happening next month after the birthday song and cake being distributed. The dance teams' instructors thought a mini dance showcase could entice the school to await for the actual dance showcase in June and set forth several teams to prepare some routines. However, Chaeyoung, Jisun, Nagyung, and Saerom were unable to participate in the said mini dance showcase due to slight injuries they incurred during practices and needed to rest. Woojoo jokingly stated that the cousins could fill in for the time being for the fun of it as it'll give the other members to focus elsewhere.

"Yay! I get my birthday wish!" Minjung cheered as she ran towards the quartet to give them all a hug.

"I'll take whatever I can get outta you four."

"Yeah, yeah."

"However, we just need to figure out the song and how many people for the performance."

The quartet looked at one another before facing their friends.

"We have a few songs and choreographies in mind that we've done in the past, but what's the theme or style?" Melanie inquired.

"Like, can we choose any song to do or is this mini dance showcase a particular thing?"

Minjung and the other dance members began explaining the basic details and that it wasn't anything intense. The only thing they would have to worry about is that the four would need to come to the dance practice rooms more often to make sure things go well.

"Since the girls' team is doing this, does that mean the boys' team is doing it, too?" Kierra asked, hoping it wasn't like so.

"They are." Minjung confirmed with a nod as Hayoung continued.

"However, since it's a mini one, it's only for an hour or so with both teams having thirty minutes for their segments."

She grinned at the cousin playfully.

"I can't wait to start practicing soon."

"When is the mini showcase?" Linna asked a moment later.

"The end of the month."

"Wow."

Came the four's responses before Serena continued.

"That barely gives us a little over a week to come up with something."

"Yeah, sorry." Woojoo apologized as it was partially her fault for bringing it up.

"Didn't mean to drag y'all into this."

"It's fine." The quartet dismissed nonchalantly.

"It is what it is."

The friends continued to discuss about the mini showcase, informing the cousins about more of what the dance instructors wanted to do and how to go about it. They continued to reassure the four that they'll be fine to cover the absent members for the time being as well. Soon enough, they drifted off into different topics into the late of the night as the party turned into a sleepover of sorts. However, the quartet realized that this mean they would be running into four particular boys because of this.

"Whoo, go ladies!"

Came the loud cheers from Sujin, Woojoo, Seoyeon, Chaeyoung, Megan, Saerom, Jisun, Nagyung, Hayoung, Yewon, Seona, Sungyeon, Yunjin, Kazuha, and a few of the dance team members like Park Siyeon and Min Solhee. The four alongside Minjung, Kim Chaewon, Miyawaki Sakura, and Baek Jiheon danced to 2 On for the others to critique any areas they need to brush up on. 2 On was the last choreography after all the participants for the Mini Dance Showcase had practiced to No Sunshine, Bling, Kiss Me More, Confetti, Toxic, Waiting, Girlfriends, Yeah, and Love Me Land once classes were done for the day.

"I'm tired."

"Me, too."

The pair of sisters crashed to the floor, resting their tired bodies as the others lauged at their behavior due to knowing how it was.

"Oh, you'll get used to it." Megan remarked with a laugh.

Solhee and Siyeon came around to the pairs to give them either water or juice to re-energize them. The quartet took them thankfully while re-positioning themselves into a sitting position and drank the drinks.

"Anyway," Sakura interjected with a firm look.

"We're gonna check in with the others to see how they're doing for the Mini and Main showcases."

"You guys can hang out for as long as needed." Chaewon informed them with a smile.

Please log in to read the full chapter